Halifax Horsedrawn Trolley Tour Excursion Reviews

Halifax Horsedrawn Trolley Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Go back in time with a Halifax Horsedrawn Trolley Tour: visit the warehouse district, the harbor front, and the final resting place of Major General Ross, the man who put the American capital to the torch.
Member Image DaydayT
Sep 2014

This excursion was well presented in noting so much information about the area! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and interesting. We enjoyed the presentation and felt as though he immersed us in so much information about the history, economy, people and lifestyle of the area. It was a wonderful way to be introduced to Halifax!
This tour begins and ends at the port terminal where there are many wonderful shopping booths that are so very convenient to purchase gifts and souvenirs! The prices here seemed much more reasonable also than other ports on the New England/Canada itinerary. The shopping booths remained open according to the cruise ships schedule while docked.

Read DaydayT's full Veendam cruise review
Member Image dawnster1014
Jun 2013

Great tour for the price! A chance to see most of the town and highlights.

Read dawnster1014's full Maasdam cruise review
Member Image gardenbug22
Oct 2012
Other than it was cold, it was a wonderful very information tour. Our guide added just the right amount of humor and local color to keep our interest.He was very good about answering our questions.
Read gardenbug22's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image willoL
Aug 2012
There was nothing wrong with this short, one hour tour, but it was the only shore excursion I did with a non-local guide, so I missed the charming accent of a native. We did get a quick glimpse of most of what downtown Halifax has to offer. Frankly, I'd booked a different excursion before discovering that one member of our party gets motion sickness on a bus. It was too late to cancel and get my money back, so I paid more to take this excursion instead. The slower moving, open air trolley did make for a much more comfortable ride for our carsick son, but the higher cost for a relatively short tour just didn't feel like great VALUE to me. Having visited Halifax now, I would just walk off the ship and go along the pedestrian boardwalk into town by foot. The town itself looked very interesting, but the at-a-glance tour wasn't the sort of deeper exploration of a place that I prefer. If you are looking for an overview tour just so you can say you've "seen Halifax", this would be quite a fine choice for you!
Read willoL's full Maasdam cruise review
Member Image kikib712
Jun 2012
We took a 1-hour tour of Halifax on a horse-drawn trolley. We saw many sights around town and our guide was informative. It is a beautiful and extremely clean, friendly city. A nice overview of the city at an affordable price.
Read kikib712's full Carnival Glory cruise review