Halifax Horsedrawn Trolley Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Halifax Shore Excursions > Horsedrawn Trolley Tour

Go back in time with a Halifax Horsedrawn Trolley Tour: visit the warehouse district, the harbor front, and the final resting place of Major General Ross, the man who put the American capital to the torch.

dawnster1014

1 review

Great tour for the price! A chance to see most of the town and highlights.

Provider: Holland America Line

gardenbug22

Other than it was cold, it was a wonderful very information tour. Our guide added just the right amount of humor and local color to keep our interest.He was very good about answering our questions.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

willoL

1 review

There was nothing wrong with this short, one hour tour, but it was the only shore excursion I did with a non-local guide, so I missed the charming accent of a native. We did get a quick glimpse of most of what downtown Halifax has to offer. Frankly, I'd booked a different excursion before discovering that one member of our party gets motion sickness on a bus. It was too late to cancel and get my money back, so I paid more to take this excursion instead. The slower moving, open air trolley did make for a much more comfortable ride for our carsick son, but the higher cost for a relatively short tour just didn't feel like great VALUE to me. Having visited Halifax now, I would just walk off the ship and go along the pedestrian boardwalk into town by foot. The town itself looked very interesting, but the at-a-glance tour wasn't the sort of deeper exploration of a place that I prefer. If you are looking for an overview tour just so you can say you've "seen Halifax", this would be quite a fine choice for you!

Provider: Holland America Line

kikib712

1 review

We took a 1-hour tour of Halifax on a horse-drawn trolley. We saw many sights around town and our guide was informative. It is a beautiful and extremely clean, friendly city. A nice overview of the city at an affordable price.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines