Bar Harbor Acadia National Park Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Bar Harbor Shore Excursions > Acadia National Park

The Acadia National Park offers both active and more relaxed ways to enjoy all its splendors, including a 360-degree view of Bar Harbor!

cruzin_ga_gal

This was a combination, Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain and lobster lunch. The views from the top of Cadillac Mountain were awesome. Acadia National Park was open and we were told that due to the many entrances to the park, it was never fully closed due to the shutdown.

maachi

Booked the Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain tour thru acadiatours at $30 per person; Tour was excellent; details are:
Acadia National Park Tours / National Park Tours and Transport, Inc.
207 288-0300 (Reserve Tickets)
207 266-4662 (Private Charters, Step On Guide Services)
www.acadiatours.com
(RCL wanted $112 per person for the same tour; go figure);

maachi

Acadia National Park Tours / National Park Tours and Transport, Inc.
207 288-0300 (Reserve Tickets)
207 266-4662 (Private Charters, Step On Guide Services)
www.acadiatours.com
(RCL wanted $112 per person for the same tour; go figure);

WifesChef

We booked the Deluxe island tour in a limo with a dinner. The Limo was designed for 10 people, it would have been uncomfortable with 10, we had 8 and was pretty cozy.

We did a quick town tour, and the loop around Acadia National Park, and then up to Cadillac Mountain then back into town for lunch.

The tour guide/driver was very knowledgeable of the town and area and answered all of our questions.

Lunch was okay.

dawnster1014

1 review

Took the tour bus trip along with a lobster bake at the country club. Excellent tour and lunch. Well worth the money.

Provider: Holland America Line

jescott54

1 review

We were only in port until 3:00pm. Since we had to tender in and out, this was insufficient time. During the summer months, you need to be in port until at least 7:00pm.

snafyensid

Nice wheelchair-friendly excursion. Good guide and driver.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Karen1969

1 review

We biked in the Acadia National Park and just LOVED it. The fall colors were gorgeous and the tour guide very good. You don't have to be bike regularly to do this tour, as they give you plenty of rest/picture taking time.

Provider: Crystal Cruises

CRUISEBOY305

Bar Harbor Maine, (with Scooter and Momma) we did the Best of Bar Harbor, which takes you there Acadia National Park. I do have a few complaints here, there was no stopping along the park except on top of Cadillac Mountain. He would make quick photo stops but with the glare from the glass we couldn't get any decent pictures. If there going to go through Acadia like that then they should have an open top bus for people to take pictures. My advice if you want to do Acadia, rent a car and stop and go as you please. The tour also included a stop at a Lobster museum called Oceanarium Bar Harbor. which included a lecture. Which was great however, they also had a Lobster Hatchery which is open to the public but was not included in this tour. I think that would have been nice on this tour. Again, do this on your own. Then we made one last stop which was a complete waste of time. I can't even remember where it was, that's how irrelevant it was. After the tour we had lunch at the Fish House Grill which is right next to the tender pier. What an amazing lunch. We had Lobster, Blueberry Beer, Blueberry Pie. Price was very reasonable. If you love lobster defiantly give this place a try. After lunch we walked around the downtown area, did a little shopping. Lots of quaint little shops, restaurants and coffee shops. I think Bar Harbor was my favorite port.

ladymadeline

Beautiful park. Worth the trip. We had an outstanding tour guide who really knew her stuff about Mt. Desert Island. We had a lobster lunch included, which was good. I've started to believe that the included lunches on these excursions are not always the best restaurants each port has to offer. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back to some of these places, but if you're on a bus all day, it is wise to have the included lunch, I guess.

Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises

patmama

We booked independently with Bill Fleming. It was just my husband and I along with Bill and his wife. It was great. Acadia National Park is beautiful. The tour was about 2 1/2 hrs. The town was absolutely beautiful. In easy walking distance are two parks, shopping, dining, tours, and numerous activites. We ate at Dog and Pony Bar (across from city park). It was really good,lobster roll& clam chowder for $13.99. This town was just great.

JaneRichard

1 review

Enjoyed the bus tour very much, but wish that we had more time at each stop. If you had to use the bathroom, you pretty much didn't have time for anything else.

Hoyaken

1 review

This was a bike tour. The route included a very steep hill at both the start and finish. It also only included one of the many stone bridges in the park. Not the best!

odiebuddy

1 review

This also included a lobster lunch. If you didn't want lobster you could have steak. The steak was overcooked and dry, but I used the butter I was given for the lobster the moisten up the steak.