Puerto Vallarta Tequila Factory Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Puerto Vallarta Tequila Factory Walking Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Tequila is uniquely Mexican. Tour a factory and sample the goods while learning about old-fashioned production methods.
Member Image piratequeen2
May 2016
We tasted 6 different tequila's and they were all very good. They had smaller sample bottles to take purchase.
Read piratequeen2's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image FionaFluffy
Apr 2016
This part of the tour was interesting and fun.
Read FionaFluffy's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image froggy9143
Feb 2016
This was a good value for your money, good entertainment and good Tequila. then we went downtown and did a very informative walking tour.
Read froggy9143's full Crown Princess cruise review
Member Image pegmor
Dec 2015
The factory was very informative. The show was great! and the tequila tasting was fun. The only thing is that for people that had difficulties with stairs is that there was not an elevator. Which made it difficult to go to the different floors for the tasting.
Read pegmor's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image sledmandean
Nov 2015
It was ok
Read sledmandean's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Helga M.
Nov 2015
Very nice tour of the Tequila factory - and it was really, really good Tequila. Also we got a tour of the city and time to do some shopping.
Read Helga M.'s full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Stephiegrams
Oct 2015
Good value , fun guides.
Read Stephiegrams's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image walter54
Apr 2015
We enjoyed a well commented visit to the tequilla factory, the tasting made us to discover different kinds of tequilla. Puerto Vallarta is a nice town to discover. We made a slow walk along the seaside and through the old town. As on every tour we were pleased with the knowledge of the guides.
Read walter54's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image aginglawyer
Apr 2015
The tequila factory was quite a drive but the tour was worth the drive. The guide at the factory was excellent and enjoyable and humorous. The tasting was fun and generous. The bus guide was good. The city side of the tour was worthless and would have been better with just free time to wander.
Read aginglawyer's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image j willhite
Mar 2015

He explained ALL of the different Tequillas, sampled most, very good english, no pressure to buy, very nice and if you purchace some, he gave you a small bottle, free...

Read j willhite's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Jose
Member Image Terre
Feb 2015

Enjoyed tasting and learning about how tequila is made. Lunch was okay.

Read Terre's full Crown Princess cruise review
Member Image punkndrublic74
Jan 2013
Victor our tour guide was awesome, the factory and plantation are always interesting to visit.
Read punkndrublic74's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image bananaguy
Sep 2012
Tequila factory was interesting. Drove through rain forest and neighborhoods with fancy homes.
Read bananaguy's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Member Image bkmcech
Apr 2012
We were bussed to a hacienda that had been converted to a tequila factory. Tasted about 8 different tequilas and then purchased a few. It was really a fun excursion and I would recommend it.
Read bkmcech's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image California Dreamin
Mar 2012
Enjoyed the drive through the countryside to the Tequila Hacienda. We were fortunate to be last to the bus and placed in a van with another couple. The eight of us appreciated the commentary of the driver, who spoke very good English. He pointed out various trees, flowers and places of interest and gave us a short history of the area during the drive. We stopped at a mini-mall of shops of course, but were able to look around without 40 or 50 other people. The drive through the old part of town was much more interesting in a van than a large bus.
Read California Dreamin's full Sapphire Princess cruise review
Member Image David X
Nov 2011
I've been to Puerto Vallarta before and about the only thing I like the the malecon. Otherwise, the Tequila Factory Tour was fun, interesting, and a very good value. You make two stops. They are small operations that make 100% Agave Tequila. So, it is not a big factory or anything like that. So, it is pretty up close and personal. There is lots of tasting of quality Tequila. I would definitely recommend it just for that. The "Old Town Tour" part of it was really nothing but at stop at stores and a drop off.
Read David X's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Member Image lordeodred
Not Rated
Oct 2011
One factory was an old, traditional method factory by which tequila was and is still made. It was very educational being basically a living museum and really got me thirsty. The assortments of small batch tequilas were very tempting. I admit I had a few shots when offered, how could I say no? But seeing the agave stacked everywhere and seeing the locals drinking the mescal and tequila while on their breaks (I think) was very inspiring. It might have been the heat, the alcohol or the ambiance but I really felt like I was in Mexico. The other factory was equally if not more amazing. It was a more modern factory but the tour was equally educational. It was genuinely fascinating how the process of making tequila had changed. There were a lot more steps in the modern process it seemed like, which most definitely included, I thought, a more refined filtering process. I could really see in my mind the system of taking agave plants and making them into the liquid gold that is so popular the world over.
Read lordeodred's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Member Image Jgcorpgypsy
Dec 2010

Horrible tour, the tequilla was next to the federal prison. Very disturbing and dirty.

Read Jgcorpgypsy's full Rotterdam cruise review