Puerto Vallarta Tequila Factory Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Puerto Vallarta Shore Excursions > Tequila Factory Walking Tour

Tequila is uniquely Mexican. Tour a factory and sample the goods while learning about old-fashioned production methods.

punkndrublic74

1 review

Victor our tour guide was awesome, the factory and plantation are always interesting to visit.

bananaguy

Tequila factory was interesting. Drove through rain forest and neighborhoods with fancy homes.

Provider: Independent Operator

bkmcech

We were bussed to a hacienda that had been converted to a tequila factory. Tasted about 8 different tequilas and then purchased a few. It was really a fun excursion and I would recommend it.

Provider: Holland America Line

California Dreamin

1 review

Enjoyed the drive through the countryside to the Tequila Hacienda. We were fortunate to be last to the bus and placed in a van with another couple. The eight of us appreciated the commentary of the driver, who spoke very good English. He pointed out various trees, flowers and places of interest and gave us a short history of the area during the drive. We stopped at a mini-mall of shops of course, but were able to look around without 40 or 50 other people. The drive through the old part of town was much more interesting in a van than a large bus.

Provider: Princess Cruises

David X

1 review

I've been to Puerto Vallarta before and about the only thing I like the the malecon. Otherwise, the Tequila Factory Tour was fun, interesting, and a very good value. You make two stops. They are small operations that make 100% Agave Tequila. So, it is not a big factory or anything like that. So, it is pretty up close and personal. There is lots of tasting of quality Tequila. I would definitely recommend it just for that. The "Old Town Tour" part of it was really nothing but at stop at stores and a drop off.

lordeodred

1 review

One factory was an old, traditional method factory by which tequila was and is still made. It was very educational being basically a living museum and really got me thirsty. The assortments of small batch tequilas were very tempting. I admit I had a few shots when offered, how could I say no? But seeing the agave stacked everywhere and seeing the locals drinking the mescal and tequila while on their breaks (I think) was very inspiring. It might have been the heat, the alcohol or the ambiance but I really felt like I was in Mexico. The other factory was equally if not more amazing. It was a more modern factory but the tour was equally educational. It was genuinely fascinating how the process of making tequila had changed. There were a lot more steps in the modern process it seemed like, which most definitely included, I thought, a more refined filtering process. I could really see in my mind the system of taking agave plants and making them into the liquid gold that is so popular the world over.

Jgcorpgypsy

Horrible tour, the tequilla was next to the federal prison. Very disturbing and dirty.

Provider: Holland America Line