Grand Cayman Stingray Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Cayman Stingray Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Encounter one of Grand Cayman's most popular sea creatures -- the stingray. Feed and touch them as you swim together in the island's turquoise water.
Member Image jjfanoele
Nov 2016
Booked with Dexters for a stingray swim, made it to port on the first tender to a very windy, rough sea day. Dexter met us at the port and told us the weather was not good for stingray's and didn't feel safe taking us with young kids, offered to drop us at a beach for free and apologized for not being able to accommodate our tour. I really appreciated his honesty and showing up at the port to let us know instead of leaving us stranded. I would book with Dexter in the future. So we ended up at 7 mile beach (Royal Palms beach club) $2 entry fee for adults and $10 chairs. Then hopped in a cab to "Hell" which wasn't too impressive....but a must see.
Read jjfanoele's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Dexters Fantasia Tour
Member Image ckeene95
Nov 2016
We did the Deluxe stingray swim because we were misinformed that for the extra $10 per person there would be an open, unlimited bar. There wasn't. But the cruise line fixed the problem and refunded the difference! We overall enjoyed the excursion and enjoyed our guides. They were very informative. We only stayed out in the water for 45 minutes because it took an hour total to travel to and from the site for the excursion.
Read ckeene95's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image eparker34
Nov 2016
My daughter went on this as part of the turtle farm excursion. The advertisement implied that there would be snorkeling, which their wasn't. She thoroughly enjoyed playing with the stingrays though!
Read eparker34's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image MaggiJW
Nov 2016
The crew on the catamaran we took were very good, snorkels etc were provided, good experience.
Read MaggiJW's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image SHIP TRAVELER
Nov 2016
Highly recommend this company for a small group experience at a fair price. They were senior helpful and kid friendly. The did everything their advertising described and more. We did two other stops with Sting Ray City and were very happy with our day in Grand Cayman.
Read SHIP TRAVELER's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Native Way
Member Image bronzedoll
Nov 2016
This stop was great as usual. The guides should however sort people into groups to go into the water. We had several who were scared to death to get into the water due to the waves and the depth of the water where you anchor. it was about 5.5 feet deep without the waves but as you moved onto the sandbar it was waist deep to mid thigh on me and I an 5 ft 4 in. My husband and I helped one lady back on the boat because she was too scared and our guides were involved in taking pictures (5 for $50).
Read bronzedoll's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image jadorecourtx3
Oct 2016
We took the Catamaran Sail and Stingray City, and I will never do Stingray city again in my life! The guide stated that this was the first excursion they had done in 2 weeks due to the current being too strong in the area. Well, they definitely should have waited another week because it was way too strong. I am a very strong swimmer and have never been afraid of the water. I never cared to be in the water with Stingrays and once near these giants, I became a bit uneasy. The female photographer we had on our excursion was very rude and not at all friendly. The sandbar is normally about hip height, but the waves were coming well over my head. It was hard to enjoy myself with large waves coming in, slimy creatures rubbing and coming up to you and a strong current dragging you. This excursion is not made for children and they really should warn cruisers of the existing conditions.
Read jadorecourtx3's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image IslandGirl247
Oct 2016
Highlight of the trip. We went with stingraysailing with Captain Chip. Eco conscious outfitter. Very environmentally caring. The surf was crazy high so it was not as spectacular as last year yet still incredible. We were the first boat of the day to get to the sandbar so the stingrays were super happy (i.e. aggressive) to see us. The current tried to sweep me away as I was taking pictures and crew mate Chris had to haul me back. That was intense. Also, I was underwater without a snorkel when a stingray decided to land on my head. THAT was a panic - but how incredibly awesome would my obituary have been if it said "killed by a stingray?" I mean, I'm no Steve Irwin, but....
Read IslandGirl247's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: stingraysailing
Member Image adamsj87
Oct 2016
My favorite excursion ever. Such a great experience but bring your own waterproof camera or phone case.
Read adamsj87's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image alexis.owens1
Oct 2016
Great time! You are taken out a few miles from shore to the sandbar, where the water is approximately waist deep (for adults). It was a windy day, so we did encounter some waves, that made it a bit difficult for the kids to keep their feet down as the guide instructed. Other than that, we had a blast. We got to encounter a bunch of sting rays, learned a whole lot about them, then get to feed and hold them. So awesome!
Read alexis.owens1's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image goldshotc
Oct 2016
Stingrays were really cool. There were several different groups there at the same time, so it got a little crowded. They made sure everyone got to hold a stingray.
Read goldshotc's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image irisdeane
Sep 2016
Always fun. Nice clear water, lots of stingrays. Good guides and boat.
Read irisdeane's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image patmama
Sep 2016
Wonderful!! Wonderful!! Native Wave Tour They were excellent. There was 10 of us and they helped us all even the children who were scared. Boat ride to stingray city, snorkel, beach with lunch. $65.00 per adult
Read patmama's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image tayabur021
Sep 2016
Took a independent tour to stingray city. Awesome experience.
Read tayabur021's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Stingray city. Great fun. Just not there long enough
Read JustMePapaG's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image JamAust9
Sep 2016
Wonderful. Loved it. This is a must.
Read JamAust9's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image CruiserMV
Aug 2016
My son and I did book our Grand Cayman excursion through Carnival - we did the "Stingray City/Tiki Beach" excursion and had a great time swimming with the stingrays. This is a great excursion for kids but the "Tiki Beach" was crowded and we had to rent an umbrella for $10. Watershoes were required in order to swim in the water because the bottom was too rocky so we left and went back to the ship.
Read CruiserMV's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image mikensuenfl
HAVE GONE WITH MARVINS 4 TIMES ALWAYS A GOOD TIME
Read mikensuenfl's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: MARVINS
Member Image lorrifranckle@gmail.com
Aug 2016
Swimming with the Sting rays was a great adventure. The guides were very professional and made everyone feel comfortable in the water and let everyone hold the sting rays and get photos.
Read lorrifranckle@gmail.com's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Shygal122
Aug 2016
Went swimming with my 2 kids and hubby and the stingrays...we fed them, held them and even got a few kisses out of them. The experience was amazing. The most crystal blue water I have ever seen (and I am from a caribbean island). It was amazing. Totally recommend!!
Read Shygal122's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image nativetexan
Aug 2016
Sailing out the sandbar on a catamaran was the best! There were about 25 people on our boat with Chip and Chris. Terrific sail and the stingrays came right up to them. Wonderful experience. Chip and Chris were very helpful and accommodating. Enjoyed laying on the "trampoline" over the water on the way out and back in. Snorkeling was very easy and lots of big fish. Highly recommend Stingray Sailing.
Read nativetexan's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Stingray Sailing
Member Image Jacobcdeberry
Aug 2016
Please know you are in the middle of the ocean.
Read Jacobcdeberry's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cecilia01
Aug 2016
kids did the stingray swim and loved it. Guides they had were awesome.
Read Cecilia01's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jsow81
Jul 2016
Our second time doing this. Rough water made this a challenge, but it was still fun overall. Can't complain!
Read jsow81's full Carnival Breeze cruise review