Grand Cayman Stingray Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Cayman Stingray Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Encounter one of Grand Cayman's most popular sea creatures -- the stingray. Feed and touch them as you swim together in the island's turquoise water.
Member Image barnumrcg10435
Dec 2014

This was the one and only great excursion. Highly recommend. It was 149 per person. This cruise line did not give nearly enough time on land. Really regrettable.

We were a group of six. We did both the dolphin swim and the stingray swim. Fabulous:)

Read barnumrcg10435's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image pookeysmom
Nov 2014

Our Stingray City excursion wasn't supposed to meet at the pier until 2:30pm in Cayman, so we jumped on the 1st tender & had plenty of time to shop in Georgetown & have some drinks at a couple of the bars. Once we all gathered at the pier, we were put onto a couple of buses and taken to the marina. Our boat was beautiful. It was a dinner cruise style boat, with curved windows covering our dining tables where we sat for the 20 minute ride to stingray city sandbar. We chose this excursion, because the boat had stairs that drop down into the water, making it easy to get on and off the boat as much as you want. We were provided snorkel gear, and our guides helped everyone touch, kiss, catch and feed the adorable stingrays. It was incredible. This was my 3rd time to Stingray City sandbar & this was the best tour we've been on so far. We've had a great time with Moby Dick & Captain Marvin, so I would highly suggest them as well, especially if you want to do more actual snorkeling at the reef and/or coral gardens. This excursion was for the sandbar only. It was great to know the ship would not leave without us if we were late, because our buses did actually arrive at the pier late, but there was a tender waiting for us and no risk of being left behind, since we were on a ship excursion. The tenders are a pain, but they are well organized and run non-stop. If you've booked an excursion through the ship, you show your ticket and walk directly to deck 1 to get on the 1st tender. You don't have to mess with meeting points like the tender tickets do.

Read pookeysmom's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image serenebcruiser
Nov 2014

We took an excursion to Stingray City followed by some snorkeling. I absolutely loved the natural sand bar where Stingray City is and I would have been more than happy to stay there the whole day. Finally, we got to see crystal clear, blue caribbean water which we hadn't seen at any of the other 3 islands. Interacting with the wild but docile stingrays was amazing and most memorable but I immensely enjoyed just swimming in the water. Totally loved it! We then got back on the boat and were taken to another place for snorkeling where the water was less clear and much more rough. We saw hundreds of fish and while that was nice, I really wish we could have just stayed at Stingray City. If you go to Grand Cayman, you must go to Stingray City.

Read serenebcruiser's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MonSchnu
Nov 2014

The turtle farm, the best part was holding a baby turtle until the guy next to me got bit by one....be careful. Do NOT swim in the turtle lagoon. It is a gross disgusting filthy turtle poo swimming pool. I felt so disgusted after I went in and came out. Instead have a bite to eat at the restaurant there. They have good food. I would not come back here.I felt bad for the turtles clamoring over each other just to get one pellet of turtle food. Swimming with a turtle is not as glamorous as you think, and although you think you paid to swim with the turtles the guy expects a tip for giving you a snorkel to use.

Read MonSchnu's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Itrvlfar
Nov 2014

I've been to Grand Cayman many times, but this was the first time I've done the Stingray City swim and snorkel. Our ship didn't arrive into Grand Cayman until afternoon, so we could only find one independent company in which to arrange our tour with. The stingray swim was exciting and more fun than I had imagined. These are very gentle creatures that love a squid snack and are happy to be petted as they continually swim up and through people. They are very tame and after a short time you start to see their personalities...the needy one, the show off, the lover, the adolescents who dart around, etc. I would highly recommend this shore excursion and look forward to doing this again the next time I'm in Grand Cayman.

This is another port that tendering is required and the tenders arrive into the downtown area. There are lots of shops and restaurants to spend the day wandering around if you choose not to take a shore excursion.

Read Itrvlfar's full Insignia cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image Tracey/Thom
Nov 2014

WELL WORTH THE MONEY! We were collected quickly - took a leisurely snorkel over the coral reef and got to stand on a sandbar in the middle of the Caribbean Sea and be surrounded by huge stingrays! Fantastic - but very crowded. There was ample time, we didn't feel rushed at all. We were taken back to the cruiseport, where we ventured out on our own to find a nice restaurant. Went to Paradise, where the locals go. We had saltfish and ackee, and Cayman Conch stew for lunch for about $60 including a cocktail. Loved this place, would definitely go back to Grand Cayman.

Read Tracey/Thom's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image spcoupon86
Nov 2014

We did Royal Caribbean's Deluxe Stingray City excursion, and it was amazing. The water was a little rough and high that day, so when we arrived at the meeting place we were told we could cancel and get a refund. We still went, but there was a couple with 4-year old twins we were talking to who cancelled. We were met at the port by staff from the company RC used, and took a short bus ride to the boat. The boat had a bar, a bathroom, and an upper deck where you could smoke. Once we arrived at Stingray City, we took steps at the back of the boat to get in the water - no jumping over the edge of the boat. The water was incredibly clear and came up to about our waists or chests, depending on where you stood. There were life jackets if you wanted one, and snorkel gear to grab off of a shelf at the back of the boat. The only part I didn't like was that when we finished everyone piled their snorkel gear back on the same shelf, and any sanitation procedures they might use to clean the equipment was not made clear.
There were stingrays EVERYWHERE. Our guides were very kind and knowledgeable; they caught stingrays and let us pet them and hold them, and took pictures of you with the stingrays if you had a waterproof camera. They gave us squid and we fed the stingrays. It was an incredible experience!
After about an hour, we took a boatride back to the pier and a bus brought us back to where the ship was docked. We weren't ready to get back on the ship, so we wandered around town and did some shopping.

Read spcoupon86's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MFD14
Oct 2014

You take a short trolley ride to a boat then a 20 minute boat ride out to the sandbar. The water is usually about waist deep but the day we were there it was to the neck. The waves were a little rough and it was hard to keep your head above water and watch out for the stingrays at your feet. We were both a little nervous to be around the stingrays. Our guides, Captain Pampa, Mikey, and Pete were great. They gave us lots of information about the beautiful animals and held them so we could take picture with them. We were in the water for about an hour with them. This was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend it!

Read MFD14's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Shibbernackles

Fantastic time! Cayman Ocean Adventues

Read Shibbernackles's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image JackAndPatti
Oct 2014

the tour guides were knowledgable about the rays and how to handle them. They also brought food for us to feed the rays. They are beautiful creatures.

Read JackAndPatti's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Hbernabei
Oct 2014

Catamaran to Stingray City was amazing.

Read Hbernabei's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bradleyj0014
Sep 2014

The only thing that I would complain about would be the excursion that we booked through Royal Caribbean in Cayman Islands. This was the Dolphin Encounter w/ Stingray City. It was fun and a once in a lifetime experience but it was way overpriced and they wanted $25.00 for one single picture of the Stingray City portion that they just ended up emailing to us which was absurd. The crew that took us out to the sandbar were very good and friendly. They were an independent outfit that was probably hired by Royal Caribbean to motor people out there and show them a good time but they still wanted way too much money for their pictures.

Read bradleyj0014's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jaburke
Sep 2014

We got on the boat to go to Stingray City. It took awhile to get out to Stingray City, but it was worth it. The stingrays swam all around and I even got to feed one. Great experience!!!

Read jaburke's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Discount Tours
Member Image adnorm08
Sep 2014

This excursion was awesome and everyone must do it!!! We got on a boat and it was about a 20 minute ride out to the middle of the ocean! It was crazy because there is this sandbar and it's only 4 ft deep and you are surrounded by the ocean! So surreal! However, the water color there was stunning and breathtaking! It was so picturesque!!! We all got out of the boat and you could grab snorkel gear if you please and got in a circle. They told us a few stories about the stingrays and some history on them and then we got to each hold one, feel one, have a kiss (they will take your picture if you want them too) and then feed them!! It was the neatest experience and I would definitely do it again!

Read adnorm08's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Inishmore
Aug 2014

GEORGETOWN, GRAND CAYMAN: We did a 2 snorkel stop and Stingray City stop booked through Captain Marvin's. It was the highlight of the cruise. Excellent snorkeling at 2 separate coral reefs. Stingray City was absolutely amazing. I could have spent hours in both locations and would book with Captain Marvin's again.

Read Inishmore's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image shucks59
Aug 2014

The Stingray part was pretty amazing and the staff on the boat were very knowledgeable.

Read shucks59's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image meiselt01
Aug 2014

Had to get up at 6am to take our excursion to Stingray City and Rum Point Beach. This was the most disappointing excurstion of all. The boat was horrible. the bathroom was upwind from the passengers. It was so hot and the boat ride to stingray city was a long way. We did enjoy the stingrays though. My kids loved it. The drinks onboard tasted really strange. It was hard to drink... it was some kind of lemonade and fruit punch. My kids wouldn't drink it. When we got to Rum Point Beach, my oldest daughter (20 years old) ordered some food and it took almost an hour to get it. She was very irritable after this. :( The beach was nice and calm and very shallow for the kids to swim. There were some small hermit crabs on the beach and some small fish in the water, so the kids like that too. ( I brought three of my kids- ages 20, 6, and 3 :) )
You could walk out quite a way and only be waist high in water. There were also shady areas if you've been in the sun too much. The driver on the way back had more personality than any of the others involved in the excursion. We enjoyed his candor.

Read meiselt01's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Anjjmum0294
Aug 2014

I'm giving it a four only because of the stingray express excursion. They were fabulous, and the water was crystal clear! Absolutely gorgeous! The island itself is far to commercialized for my liking. I wanted a tropical setting, and got all the comforts of home. Chinese, fast food, hotels, all within walking distance of the pier. Everything was about the Benjamins, and how to get them. There were seven ships photographers and various island photographers trying to cattle herd you into pictures right off the ship! For $15 a pop! Beware also of this ships excursion desk! Ivor the clerk, and VJ the manager are ignorant and will holler and scream at you if you complain. As I did when their excursion attempted to strand myself and my daughter claiming we had no ride (even though Ivor said there was just an hour ago and it was agreed by the operators there) back to the pier. There were paint chips coming off on our legs because of the excursion boat. We were blended in with a stingray excursion that was also going to a beach after, and they refused to bring us anywhere except to the beach where they tried to convince us to spit out another $25 for the beach! They hollered at us "Just get the hell on the god damned bus!" We refused the beach and got taken back to the pier in a private jeep of a MGR of the tiki beach resort . Awkward!

Read Anjjmum0294's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image SJK120
Jul 2014

I was afraid but our tour guide was amazing. He let us hold, pet and feed the stingrays. He was very knowledgeable.

Read SJK120's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Fat Fish
Member Image dmctc5
Jul 2014

Stingray city. Had photos taken. Was great.

Read dmctc5's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image jburford
Jul 2014

MUST do! All the way around awesome!

Read jburford's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image BabsGo
Jun 2014

The Stingray City portion was surprisingly fun there were a number of boats there and plenty of people but everyone got the chance to touch and feed the stingrays and we spent a long time with them. Everyone agreed it was our favorite excursion and we'd definitely go back out there if we return to Grand Cayman. We were on the Sundancer with Eddie and he was very informative and entertaining. His crew was great. It poured rain while we were there and the ride back to shore was cold but that wasn't anyone's fault and we were wet already!! Upon our return there was no pressure to buy the photos taken by Stingray City Photos but they were so good we did. The man had them ready right on his ipad. I felt that some might have missed out on this opportunity the Stingray City photographers were so unobtrusive. They took our info (I paid in cash right there) and emailed them to us right away. Fabulous!!!!

Read BabsGo's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image PeachAero
Jun 2014

On Friday, July 4, we found ourselves in the Grand Caymans. We took a charter to Dolphin Cove. The dolphin encounter was amazing. We were divided into small groups and had a chance to interact with the dolphins. A lot of fun.

After the dolphin encounter, we headed out on a charter to Stingray City. Once anchored, we were able to stand on a sandbar and interact with about 30 stingrays. Incredible creatures. They were very docile and lovable. Wanted to be held like babies. We were able to feel them squid. I was scared about the stingrays at first, but surprisingly enjoyed them over the dolphins. This is the excursion I would do over and over again. 10+

Read PeachAero's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image dambyrds
Jun 2014

Grand Cayman was beyond beautiful. Beautiful beaches, soft sand, great food, beautiful turquoise blue waters. Everyone spoke clear English at this port. They are very laid back and never tried to push any sales on us. They just let you wander around and will assist you only if you ask for help. Swimming with the sting rays was perfect, we took a short boat ride about 20 min long to the middle of the ocean on a sand bar. We parked the boat (along with about 5 other boats) and got out to feed, and interact with the stingrays. They were very nice and non aggressive.

Read dambyrds's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image jwarren02
May 2014

GREAT GROUP on this trip. Loved to learn about these animals. Although it was too deep for my husband who has limited mobility, some people can still enjoy the water next to the boat.

Read jwarren02's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image vintagemaps
May 2014

The sting ray excursion was amazing! We got pictures taken with a sting ray (we got to hold it, etc) and took lots of videos of them swimming around us. The guides who took us to see the sting rays were all nice and the boat ride to and from the sandbar was enjoyable.

Read vintagemaps's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image NWFLCruiselover
May 2014

The crew was well versed in the stingrays, interacted with everyone on the boat during our time in the water, took an interest in making sure all their guests had a good time. The photos were great and reasonably priced. I'd recommend this excursion very highly.

Read NWFLCruiselover's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image donjocko
Apr 2014

Sharon, thank you! We were with a large group of people that booked a tour with Native Way, but we were the only ones to book Reefs, Rays and Rum Point. But even though they probably took a loss with our tour, they didn't try to squeeze us on with another tour, they honored their commitment. So we had our own boat and captain taking us around. Swimming with the rays was fun, especially when you got to feed them. When we went snorkeling, Chris took us to a place called Little Reef. We were the only ones there. His attitude was take as long or as short as you like. Let me know when you want to move on. Beautiful coral and a pretty good variety and number of fish. We called in lunch on our way to Rum Point and it was ready when we got there. Great lunch! Stayed for a while then told Chris we were ready to return. Had our own little dance party on board on the way back. I can't praise them enough.

Read donjocko's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Native Way Tours
Member Image time2travl
Apr 2014

see snokeling as it was part of the same.

Read time2travl's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image Caroline8
Mar 2014

The best shore excursion, I would book with them again. Great with kids, very clean and helpful.

Read Caroline8's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Member Image Shynook11
Mar 2014

We always book off ship and this was an excellent choice for our 2nd time in GC. We did MOBY DICK and recommend 100000%. Awesome! Sting rays and snorkeling. Lunch at Rackems afterwards. Pefect day

Read Shynook11's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image travellanamama
Mar 2014

The crew on the boat out to the Stingray sandbar was super nice. They were friendly and imformative about the excursion. They caught a stingray for us to touch, feed, and have photos with. They let us take as many photos as possible. It was really a fun experience. The only drawback was that there were so many boats, it was like a parking lot. I understand that there are many people and many excursions, but I would think there should be a limited number of boats allowed out there. I booked our excursions very early to ensure that we would not miss this opportunity. I was a bit surprised by how many boats and people there were. Doesn't seem to me like such a great situation for the ecosystem. But I am not a scientist so I can't definitively say that, just seems like common sense though.
And Ernest T. Jackson, our bus driver was super awesome, friendly, and gave us much history of Grand Cayman. We were very thankful to have him drive us around in his personal bus.

Read travellanamama's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image Cruise Coot
Mar 2014

What a treat. The catamaran captain kept us all entertained. The photographer got some great photos. A little steep as you had to buy all 10 for $40.

Read Cruise Coot's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions
Member Image djgravity
Mar 2014

The tour guides picked us up in the port and walked us to a bus and shuttled us about 15 minutes to the boat. The entire crew was fantastic (which is why this was our second time doing this tour). It was about a 20 minute boat ride to stingray city and we got about an hour in the water. The guides were fantastic with anyone who had an underwater camera. They gave us plenty of extra time and took about 20 pictures of us holding the stingrays.

Read djgravity's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image kuncelk
Feb 2014

AWESOME! Part of the Island Tour was a short boat ride out to a sandbar where you stand in water about waist deep and stingrays move around you. Really amazing how unafraid they were. We were able to touch, hold and feed them, as well as pay $25 for 9 pictures they took of us holding them. My daughter wanted nothing to do with holding a dead squid so a stingray could suck it out of your hand, but my husband and I thought it was really cool. The stingrays even bump into you trying to find out if you have food. Well worth the money and this was a cruise highlight for me. Totally beautiful there, took some amazing photos. Bring underwater camera - snorkels available.

Read kuncelk's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image madamecruise
Feb 2014

We went to Stingray City and Coral Bay Snorkel in Grand Cayman. This was awesome- the crew was great and we loved every thing about it- wouldn't change a thing. We didn't leave until 1230, so we had plenty of time to walk around Grand Cayman, shop and even have conch fritters and a drink right on the ocean, while we watched snorkelers. This is a tendered port, but very short (5 mins). They have lots of shops, but it is the most expensive port we stopped in. Make sure to take money for snacks and try the Ting-ray (rum punch). Pictures for sale were $20. I thought that was fair, as I don't own a waterproof camera.

Read madamecruise's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image suewilly
Feb 2014

very disappointing. My husband cannot swim and we booked this as all the pictures we had seen and information we read said that you stand in waist deep water. He was so looking forward to this.
The boat stopped in water approximated 8 feet deep. A swim of around 6 feet out from the rear of the boat took you to shallow water but unfortunately my hubby could not get to the shallow water and therefore had to stay on the boat.
I did have the stingray experience and it was lovely to touch and feed these creatures, but my day was spoiled because I wanted to experience this with hubby and I felt incredibly sorry for him that we could not get him off the boat. The boat we were on was 'the amazon' so if you take this excursion and there are a number of boats to choose, avoid this one!
Although.....we had to give lots of other passengers a lift back to port as their boat broke down, so perhaps none of the boats are guaranteed to make the round trip successfully!

Read suewilly's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image leo3646
Feb 2014

The excursion departed a little late due traffic congestion, but the guys at the Cayman Explorer vessel made our day. They are nice and bring friendly stingrays directly to you. Great guys who always deserve a tip!

Read leo3646's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image flychick737
Feb 2014

I am sure our excursion was oversold. There were not enough seats on the boat for everyone, the crew & costa staff did not know how many people were on board the boat - there were NOT enough life jackets for everyone on board! There were 3 costa staff members on board who took up passenger seats when paying passengers had to sit on top on cooler and engine box. All ended up ok, but it was not safe and when you book through Costa your safety and security should be their first priority!

Read flychick737's full Costa Luminosa cruise review
Provider: Costa Cruises
Member Image bsurveyor33
Feb 2014

Excellent Experience - Highly Recommended. Booked thru RC (Operated by MarineLand Tours). Excellent Service.

Read bsurveyor33's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bethsowers
Feb 2014

Phenominal!!!!! Truly humbling and amazing. Have to do it again and will. I was so scared, my husband dove right in, but me and kids really had to talk ourselves into getting into the water with them. Once we did, we didn't want to get out, and when capt marvins boat gude said it was time to get back in boat to go to next stop which was snorkeling the reef. It was beautiful, but the stingrays stole the day...... I was already trying to catch them myself. We then went to 7 mile beach and ate at tiki beach restaurant, Don't go, a grilled cheese (which was supposed to be a chicken quesodillia) pasta dish, and 2 hot dogs was $82. And it wasn't even good at that!!!!! we learned that we should have ate at Calico Jacks, much more reasonable prices. Beach was very narrow, not much sand at all before water, and once you step off into water it dropped, not a gradual drop like most places but right as soon as you step in. It was pretty though and Cayman itself was nice and pretty.

Read bethsowers's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Capt Marvins
Member Image flutist13
Feb 2014

Best excursion of our entire trip! Our guides were great and made us feel very comfortable with the Sting Rays. Let's be clear here....you are in the middle of the ocean, on a sand bar, with fully barbed Sting Ray. It was awesome! We were even able to feed them. My recommendation would be to buy a waterproof camera that also takes video. Our friends took their $100 camera and picture quality and video was amazing. You will avoid having to buy the pictures that the guides try to sell you.

Read flutist13's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image takemetothebeach
Feb 2014

Coral Reef and Stingray - absolutely worth the money. Can't wait to go again.

Read takemetothebeach's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image shofer
Feb 2014

A lot of fun and very enjoyable.

Read shofer's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image ingreece
Jan 2014

Tendering is done by a local company. Island is first world compared to Jamaica. People were nice. Went on a Catamaran to Sting Ray City and had fun but I question the environmental impact of what is going on there. Did some snorkeling and again, seems like the coral is being killed by careless swimmers. Rained and got cold.

Read ingreece's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Warrenton
Jan 2014

Did the Sting Ray & coral reef snorkeling with Emerald Seas. Great guides, lots of time with the rays and snorkeling. Trip can also be purchased on the dock for less but may not always be the best tours but still a good bargain when compared with the ships tour. Had enough time left for some shopping also as the shops are right by the dock.

Read Warrenton's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image marcogilbert
Jan 2014

We book a Stingray City / Snorkel tour with Captain Marvin's and we loved it. They were very professionnal and they made the tour fun and interesting from the start. The crew of the ship was great and they did not push to much to sale the pictures they took at Stingray City. I would definitely recommend to buy a water-proof camera before going because you will want to keep those memories forever. That was the best part of the cruise.

Read marcogilbert's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image ncpiggie
Jan 2014

Beautiful island! Our excursion was a bust because the water was rough and the government there made everyone get out of the water. Our excursion advertised the fastest boat to the stingrays and they were right. If they had not went that fast we wouldn't even made it into the water. Only 3 people out of about 20 made it into the water before we had to get out. There was also a police presence in the town as well. I felt very safe there. We had to tender into the port. They were pretty quick and large. Sometimes you had to wait until they filled the boats but it didn't take more than 15 minutes usually. Tender boat operators were polite and seemed very capable. The beaches there are all public and there is no shortage. The resorts also allow people to use their pools. There was a Jimmy Buffets there and Hard Rock Cafe. By the way we did get a full refund from the excursion company and it was there before we got home!

Read ncpiggie's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cayman eco adventures
Member Image rubinstein2r
Jan 2014

We did the tour to Hell followed by the Stingray Experience. It was all good, nothing outstanding but good.

Read rubinstein2r's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Laurie22
Jan 2014

Loved this excursion. Nice boat ride and really fun time on the sandbar with the Stingrays. Staff were really friendly and encouraged everyone to interact with the Stingrays. Water and fruit juice were provided. Tour guide took photos and offered them to people for an extra $40. We did not opt for the photos but we enjoyed the excursion.

Read Laurie22's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image Mister34990
Jan 2014

This was an amazing experience. Our guides were the best. They did an absolutely, amazing job and they are good at what they do. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an excursion on their cruise or anyone heading to that Island. I would definitely do it again.

Read Mister34990's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Stingray City by Jetski and Snorkel
Member Image dispachcops
Dec 2013

For only $75 bucks per person we did Hell, Turtle farm, Rum Cake Factory, Stingray City, and snorkeling. The Stingrays were awesome and so was the turtles. Hell and Rum Cake Factory could be missed if needed...

Captain Chris was awesome.

Read dispachcops's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Cayman Adventure Tours
Member Image cruisette4711
Dec 2013

This was by far the best tour we did during our cruise. Kat, Chip and Kevin from Cayman Eco Adventures were really easy to communicate with, reliable and made sure we get to the stingrays as quickly as possible, which meant way ahead of everyone else. Snorkeling was wonderful as well and the trip to starfish beach definitely worth it. Water and sodas were included in the price as well as transportation from the port to the yacht club and back to the port or seven mile beach if you wish.

Read cruisette4711's full Costa Luminosa cruise review
Provider: Cayman Eco Adventures
Member Image napoleanlady
Dec 2013

The excursion we took in Grand Cayman included a trip to Sting Ray City where you stand in waist deep water while the sting rays swim around you. This can be fun and much of the time the tour operator is conducting a photo op for each person. (You can purchase the digital pics and he emails them to you-ours arrived before we got home). Unfortunately the Barrier Reef snorkling got cancelled due to wind conditions. If snorkling is a must for you I suggest booking it in Cozumel as we missed out because we had it scheduled in Grand Cayman and then it got cancelled. The Beach Club was a big step up from the Jamaica so called Beach Club. The lunch was typical north american fare and was good. Sand here was great with nice lounge chairs.

Read napoleanlady's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image corinnalv
Dec 2013

We did the StingRay City Sandbar and Rum Point Beach excursion. Once we got off the boat it was nothing like our experience in Jamaica. The people were not that friendly. It was a lot of standing around and waiting. We had a slow boat out to the stingray sandbar, it took us about 40 minutes to get there. The captain didn't make it fun, didn't talk to us at all hardly. We were only there for maybe 25 minutes then another slow boat ride to a beach where we were allowed 1 hour, then another 45 minute boat ride back to ride a bus back to town. I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

Read corinnalv's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image kbfamilycruiser
Dec 2013

Fantastic visit to Stingray City. Excellent snorkeling. Relatively small boat with smaller group of people made the experience very pleasant.

Read kbfamilycruiser's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cayman Eco Tours
Member Image robsmom
Dec 2013

The crew on our boat were very good and did a great job of helping us feel and hold the sting rays. The boat itself was a little run down and the seating was very uncomfortable.

Read robsmom's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image life_dizzy
Dec 2013

We LOVED this excursion. It was a very relaxing day with the snorkeling and sting ray swim. We learned a lot about stingrays, and each got a picture holding one! It was our favorite thing on the cruise (next to our wedding of course!)

Read life_dizzy's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image pinksugar
Nov 2013

Very Memorable Experience!! We went about 30 minutes out into the ocean to a sand bar, stingrays were everywhere! Our Tour guide was awesome! He took the time to let each family take their pictures and touch and kiss the stingrays!! I had my underwater camera and got some great pictures! This was really a fun excursion! There were a lot of people but still stingrays were everywhere! :)

Read pinksugar's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: Cayman Ocean Adventures
Member Image PDC55
Oct 2013

I have done the stingrays before but my cruise partner hadn't so I went again. We had a small group (14) and mostly older. I would caution everyone that when the boat is moving it's not such a good idea to be running around the boat and up and down the ladder. Saw a lady in her 70s take a pretty nasty fall when the boat bounced and she slipped coming down the ladder. I felt that the tour operators should have issued that caution but they didn't seem to be paying much attention. Other than that it was great and I love feeding the stingrays.

Read PDC55's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image AUTiger72
Sep 2013

Our Stingray City tour was booked with Moby Dick Tours, an outstanding company. We booked online, received an email confirmation, giving us instructions on where to meet at the port. We joined a small group of about 20 for a trip to a marina where we boarded the boat. We snorkeled at a beautiful reef, then joined the other boats at Stingray City. Our crew educated us about the stingrays, as we fed, petted, held and kissed these beautiful creatures! This was the highlight of our cruise. I highly recommend Mark and his crew at Moby Dick Tours.

Read AUTiger72's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image WonderWoman Cruiser
Aug 2013

Next came the Cayman Islands which was beautiful and we loved!! The only problem is that the ship stays for SO LITTLE time here! We took another private tour via Stingray Sailing to snorkel and feed the stingrays. They have a nice catamaran that only takes up to 25 people at a time so it was intimate and felt like being amongst friends! Our guides were great and knew exactly where to go and what they were doing. We were in very good hands here and enjoyed touching and holding the stingrays (many of which have their stingers cut off by the local authorities)! Afterward the stingrays, we snorkels for a bit and then headed back to shore. At the pier,, we shopped at the Rum Shop and that's where I discovered that the liquor was CHEAP!!! Less than half the price than in Jamaica! Buy here and they will box and ship everything for you and send it to the ship so you don't have to carry it around and can enjoy shopping near the pier. Before we knew it, our time was up here!!

Read WonderWoman Cruiser's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jonasaa
Aug 2013

The first and tendered port Grand Cayman gave us a smooth start for our Port Adventures with DCL. The trip with Don Foster (DFD?) out to Stingray City was great, and well organized and informed. The only drawback is perhaps how the company seemed to utterly ignore us as apparently an adult all male couple is uninteresting money wise. They are so wrong, and thus made no tips. But a great experience nonetheless!

Read jonasaa's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image tomahawk43
Aug 2013

We booked a private stingray/snorkling excursion with Cayman Eco Adventures. They were good - we got exactly what we were told would be included and we got to the Stingray sandbar before most other boats so we had a better experience. The reef snorkling was okay. The whole exercusion was only short of 3 hours - we would have preferred a long tour, but there were only 9 people on our boat instead of the 25-50 on every other one.

Read tomahawk43's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image underr-the-seaaa

FAVORITE THING EVER IT WAS MAGICAL I CANT EVEN

Read underr-the-seaaa's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Team26FoLife
Jul 2013

Amazing! The rays were everywhere! Our guide let us feed them toward the end of the tour and provided snorkel masks for the swim. I would bring my own snorkel supplies next time since the boat didn't have enough for everybody. I was fortunate, I was travelling with a group and the first person off the boat grabbed a mask and snorkel so we shared! Spotted a barracuda while swimming, bonus! Would love to take my kids to this!

Read Team26FoLife's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image sixl
Jun 2013

Nice, smaller group. Great price.

Read sixl's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image shakes1616
May 2013

The Turtle Farm and Stingray City tour was the best excursion I have ever been on. Swimming with the turtles and the stingrays were the highlight of this tour. The staff did a wonderful job and were very informative.

Read shakes1616's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Suchan
May 2013

Stingray City is a favorite for families with kids, as it's unique from excursions at other ports. While we had fun "interacting" with the stingrays, they are certainly not as much fun as dolphins. The weather was rough when we arrived to the shallow area where the rays hang out, and some people with poor balance had a hard time not crashing into other people. My 12-year-old daughter was pushed into a stingray and "stung" (scratched) on the thigh by the barbs.

ADVICE: Bring snorkel equipment or goggles to watch the rays underwater - spectacular!

Read Suchan's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Reinette
Apr 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the Deluxe String ray encounter but there were a few drawbacks. The guides were difficult to hear in the water. it was a large group and people are spread out so when they were turned away from one group, you could not hear them well. There are also a lot of other groups, so this adds to the confusion. The positive thing about this particular company is the steps at the back of the boat. It makes it easier to get into the water, which is very choppy to begin with. My guess is that we were in the water 30 minutes or more, never as much time as you would like but sufficient enough to touch the stingrays, feed them if you like, get your picture taken (with your own camera!) and snorkel around.
Read Reinette's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image da_p-potts
Apr 2013
Good guides; nice experience. Nothing to fear, by the way!
Read da_p-potts's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image JWeCruiser
Apr 2013

Lots of fun, do NOT go to Grand Cayman without doing this excursion!!

Read JWeCruiser's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Excellent
Read corrigc's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image 8milfan
Mar 2013
Stingray swimming was a lifetime memory. Pictures for the whole CD were pricey, don't be afraid to bargain down the pricing for fewer pictures.
Read 8milfan's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image rrodriquez2
Mar 2013
Again Captain Marvin, well done.
Read rrodriquez2's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PattyG12
Mar 2013
Great service, very punctual. We love the stingrays and with a very small group we never felt rushed
Read PattyG12's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Soto's cruises
Member Image NewEngland900
Mar 2013
Captain Marvin is the only way to go! Our huge ship was the only one not stuff full of people. It can easily hold close to 100 people and there was all of 25 of us with other boats going out so it was not a 'sign up' issue, they cater to keeping their customers comfortable and happy. Took lots of pics with the sting ray and the snorkeling portion was in a good area full of colorful fish (not just brain coral as some boats did). Excellent excursion!
Read NewEngland900's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image Auburn84
Mar 2013
A long ride out, but worth it to swim with the stingrays.
Read Auburn84's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image candyman53
Mar 2013
This excursion cost the same as the Cruise Lines one. They just went Stingray on a junkie boat and back 2 1/2 hours. Captain Marvins-We went faster, nicer boat. More Stingray interaction, plus another snorkeling stop, and trip to Tortuga Rum Factory and Hell for only 8 bucks more.5 hours
Read candyman53's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Member Image flowoflife
Mar 2013
Boarded an air conditioned bus that transported us to the boat for a half hour trip to the sand bar. We entered the waters that had many well fed people-friendly stingrays. We were one of about eight boats in the area and we stayed with our group. The guide attracted stingrays, held them for us to get close and comfortable. A photographer took pictures of us handling stingrays, then offered discs of the photos (I purchased 4 photos on a disk for $40, a bit high but worth it since I didn't have a waterproof camera and she allowed for group photos). On the ride back we were offered cups of pineapple soda and crackers (glad I had my own bottled water). The bus was at the dock within five minutes and we were transported back to the pier with no problem. We were in the water about an hour, which is enough in the tropical sun.
Read flowoflife's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Daintyphatman
Mar 2013
Great guys. Great times. Will be back for a second excursion.
Read Daintyphatman's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Provider: MOBY DICK
Member Image Steve551
Mar 2013
Cancelled because of bad weather.
Read Steve551's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PeowCat
Mar 2013
No rating given because the tour was cancelled. This is the second time this has happened to me at Grand Cayman. If you book this and the weather is iffy have a contingent plan in mind. Maybe a trip to one of the beaches, a museum tour or even a walk around downtown. Another factor on this island is that some ships are not allowed to come into the main bay. Instead, they are sent to a tiny sandy area where tenders drop off hundreds of people into a corral where they have to fight for taxis or even seating waiting for a tour to leave. Taxis are $5US per person. A real disappointment if your ship can't get into the main harbor. Plan for long waits in the afternoon when 1000's try to board a few tenders back to their ships. Stress levels probably high as the ship departure time rapidly approaches. Both times I've been to GC we were not allowed to tender at the downtown site. I am not impressed with Grand Cayman's treament of these ships to the alternate site as second class travelers. It's a rich island, they should do something to improve this site.
Read PeowCat's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image gubby4
Feb 2013
This was my absolute favorite port.This island is so beautiful and clean. We did the stingray excursion on the buccaneer catamaran which also included snorkeling. It took about 35min on the catamaran to get to the stingrays which was so much fun. I have never snorkeled and thought it was just beautiful. This excursion does not include lunch, just punch and water so bring along some snacks because our teenagers did get hungry. We also had time to eat lunch at Margareteville which was a lot of fun as well.
Read gubby4's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image docmunny
Feb 2013
Swimming with Rays was AWESOME!!! Bring your underwater camera!!
Read docmunny's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bbmom2boys
Feb 2013
Should have waited and booked on our own at the port....could have saved big money! Wished we would have gone to the Turtle farm...heard great things about it and we would have had plenty of time.
Read bbmom2boys's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image sweetnesscruises
Feb 2013
This was a highlight of the day. We swam, touched, held, kissed and fed stingrays on a sand bar about 6 miles from shore. We were lucky since we were the only ship in port that day. They said usually there are eight and about 800 people wanting to do stingrays. LOVED IT! doesn't do it justice.
Read sweetnesscruises's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image Wlangjr21
Feb 2013
We weren't aware how long the boat ride out to the sandbar was going to be so we were surprised when we were told another 25 minutes. The boat ride itself was great, very relaxing, friendly staff on board the boat. Stingray City itself is very crowded with other boats but they do a good job keeping all passengers separated. This was a great experience that we highly recommend.
Read Wlangjr21's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Member Image 2dogs4cats
Feb 2013
I don't remember the name of the company that took us out to Stingray City and the reef snorkeling, but they were nice and courteous. The host, a woman named Jackie from South Africa, took photos of us with the stingrays and they turned out beautifully. We paid $35 for a DVD with about a dozen images.
Read 2dogs4cats's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Member Image northernislandgirl
Feb 2013
Great. Lots of stingrays. Experienced staff made us feel comfortable being among them.
Read northernislandgirl's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image bagelsnbrew
Feb 2013
The port is pure tourist and the island seems a lot like St Pete beach. Unbelievable tour though! We sailed on a catamaran, snorkeled by a coral reef. Swam with the stingrays. Who knew they were cuddly? Captain Dexter was outstanding as was his over the top tall tale telling mate, Simon! The perfect ending to our cruise excursions
Read bagelsnbrew's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Captain Dexter
Member Image Mahtomedi
Feb 2013
Loved loved it. We were there early enough so the Stingray sandbar was not too crowded. We got to feed the stingrays and hold them and kiss them. I felt as though we had enough time here. There was someone who took pictures of us with the stingray. You could then buy the pics for $40-I thought this was a good deal since there was at least 15 personalized pics of us and some pics of the coral.
Read Mahtomedi's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image liljoe78
Feb 2013
For Grand Cayman, we had to be tendered to shore. I definitely wasn't a big fan of this. I did the Stingray City excursion which was a lot of fun. The only downside is that there are so many groups that do this excursion (from other ships and 3rd parties), that it's kind of a free-for-all on the sandbar. Definitely a lot of people, but it was still nice and fun. It was a trip seeing these huge stingrays swimming and actually bumping into you. Outside of that, we didn't do much in the port. When we were done with the excursion, we popped into a shop to buy a magnet and get back to the ship.
Read liljoe78's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image irieman21
Feb 2013
Snorkeling was more of a mixed bag as my wife took off and explored the reef. She gave it a 5+ while my 17 year old daughter had equipment issues and lacked experience. With some choppy water she would give it a 3.
Read irieman21's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Member Image trapnellkrystal
Feb 2013
We booked the Stingray swim/Coral Gardens snorkel ahead of time with Discount Excursions for $35/person. We were loaded into a bus with 20 other people and taken to the boat (stopping for ice and squid at the local market). The stingray experience was crowded (many other boats there), but a lot of fun and something everyone should do. The snorkeling was fantastic and the water clarity was amazing. Would recommend this to anyone.
Read trapnellkrystal's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image ssrough
Feb 2013
You have to take a tender to the get to the island. We were able to secure numbers to get on the first tender. If you don't get a number you may have to wait awhile. We did the Stingray City and it was a blast. We went on Moby Dick Tours with Mark and couldn't have been better. We met him at the dock and took us by a bus to his boat. Once on board it is about a half hour ride out in the ocean to get to the sandbar where the stingrays are. We got to snorkel for a little bit then were able to feed and hold the stingrays as they swam around us. It was a lot of fun and so happy with the excursion we picked.
Read ssrough's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image LLA68
Feb 2013
Very cool, but don't recommend it for small children. You stand on a sandbar a half our boat ride off shore in water up to your chest (I am 5'2") and waves do move you around. The Sting rays swim around and between your legs. A MUST DO!!
Read LLA68's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image sykescreeklady
Terrific experience.
Read sykescreeklady's full Costa Mediterranea cruise review
Provider: Costa Cruises
Member Image Airbubble
Jan 2013
Buy your own under water camera as they charge a fortune for there own cd,over crowded when we arrived.
Read Airbubble's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Captain marvin
Member Image doomisdelicious
Jan 2013
Absolutely wonderful. This is something that needs to be experienced by EVERYONE.
Read doomisdelicious's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Captain Marvin's Watersports
Member Image todayray
Jan 2013
ok-very windy day, boat had a hard time getting close and had to take a lot of time parking and reparking, and it was very full with other boats, if i were to do it again, i would book a very early excursion to avoid the crowd
Read todayray's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image BODICERIPPER
Jan 2013
Our poor bus driver was a good guide and told us much about the island, but she had not been warned that the road to the small boat that was to take us out to the reef to see the rays had been closed. She then had to drive off-road in a small bus to the dock and ask another boat captain where our boat was. We had to then drive to another port and arrived half an hour late, but the boat had waited for us. The folks who were already on the boat were from another tour and they had to wait that half hour for us to arrive, and they were not pleased. Once on the reef, there were many boats already there and they all seemed to be having a difficult time jockeying into position. So there was another great delay in getting us into the water to see the rays. It seemed to me that other boat captains were being a tad pushy. Otherwise the weather was great, the rays were abundant and interesting. It was really nice to get out onto the water and swim in the ocean and feed the rays. The boat's crew members were very helpful aiding folks in and out of the water and luring the rays, as well as making sure we saw the rays up close if we wanted to. A second bus driver who took us back to town was very amusing and personable. Some folks complained about this excursion to Celebrity and we all received a percentage of a refund. I didn't complain, and didn't really need a refund. I thought it was an amusing experience. Folks should relax more and enjoy the Caribbean way of looking at things.
Read BODICERIPPER's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Member Image pambud96
Jan 2013
Booked with Native way for the Sting Ray City and Rum Point, Great time while on the tour, lunch was ready when we arrived at Rum Point. The only thing is there is not as many sting ray as in the past years that we have done this excursion. Rum Point was awesome!!
Read pambud96's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Native Way
Member Image GeckoMom
Jan 2013
We booked with Disney. It was with Don Fosters. Lots of people but just fine. The Sting Rays were really cool. We brought wetsuits to use on this excursion but most people felt that the water temperature was fine. 78 degrees
Read GeckoMom's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Love2Dance4Me!
Jan 2013
Allura Catamaran Sail to Stingray City - This was a fantastic excursion. There were only 14 people on the catamaran so when we got to Stingray City, each of us had as much time as we wanted with the stingrays. The crew of the catamaran were in the water with us the entire time, holding and showing us how to touch, hold and feed the stingrays. One of the crew took pictures which of course we purchased the entire CD of but there was no hard sell at all. The three crew were all very nice and extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the stingrays and Grand Cayman.
Read Love2Dance4Me!'s full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image Tepcro
Jan 2013
I recomend the Soto's package! We had a great time!
Read Tepcro's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Soto's Cruises
Member Image gaccr
Jan 2013
We've been to Hell before (not impressed!) and to the turtle farm (which is great, especially for kids), so this time we opted for the stingray/dolphin swim tour. This is the 3rd time I've done the stingray swim and it was by far the best. We were on the boat My Way with captain Jim, and it was wonderful. The water was a little choppy, but it was not nearly as crowded as the last time I went and we stayed in the water with the rays for over 45 minutes. We were allowed to feed and pet them and have pictures made with them while the crew held them, but in addition to that several of them just swam up into my arms. They are such incredible creatures, and this is the only place where you can interact with them in the open ocean. Jim was really informative and you could tell that he's one of those people who genuinely love their job. On the way back they pulled up several conch shells, cleaned them and let us sample the raw conch (which was surprisingly good). He also stopped and brought up a huge, beautiful starfish which we held and made photos with before returning it quickly to the water. Definitely worth the money!!
Read gaccr's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image Nanabug38
Jan 2013
Our kids LOVED Stingray City. We used an independent operator, Aquarius Sea Tours and they were fantastic. They gave us pizza and took pics of us underwater and with the stingrays all at no extra charge.
Read Nanabug38's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Aquarius Sea Tour
Member Image ladyhawk415
Jan 2013
Unbelievable! The water is clear and warm. The stingrays swim all around you. They're so beautiful and graceful, it is a pleasure to experience being in the water with them. This was the highlight of this tour.
Read ladyhawk415's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mia25
Jan 2013
So worth the trip. What an experience to swim with the sting rays (a little scary to). Loved it!
Read mia25's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image crooksu
Jan 2013
This was a real highlight of the trip for us. The stingrays were absolutely awesome and the guides were amazing. This is a trip I will take over again for sure. We also went to see the sea turtles, but the guide was in a hurry so we rushed through the exhibits. We did get to hold a baby turtle and I loved that part. They release many of the yearling turtles, but they also sell the meat for food. I was concerned about that part. We were able to swim in a man made lagoon which was great for beginner snorkelers but not really a plus. They did provide for snorkel gear if anyone came unequipped. The real highlight here was truly the amazing sting rays! And there were very few photos taken, but they were well done and not expensive. I was able to purchase five very good pics out of the six they took. They had to email them and they were totally true to their word with that. I loved this part best out of the entire cruise.
Read crooksu's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image pinkanol
Dec 2012
In Grand Cayman we did Sting Ray Sandbar and Coral Swim with Don Foster Dive Co. The Stingrays were awesome. I've heard some comments that there were two many boats out and not enough sting rays. When we went there were maybe 10 boats at the same time we were there. They said there were between 40 - 50 rays in the water. Obviously not as many as there were years ago - but still enough for everyone to get pictures taken with them if you wanted to.
Read pinkanol's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image yvoyage
Dec 2012
What an experience. You are about 30 minutes by boat from mainland and here you are in shallow sandy water up to your armpits at the most. We were about 30 people on our boat and there was some 7 or 8 other boats. All in circle around an area smaller than a half of a football field. The guides carry some pieces of squid. And here come the rays, swimming between your legs. The guide takes one of them, lift it (app. 3 ft wide) on top of water and you hold it yourself. Fantastic feeling.
Read yvoyage's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image PWDfolks
Dec 2012
Basic excursion, but the Captain went out of his way to make it memorable. The stingray thing was fun, the snorkeling refreshing but what stands out was how he made the kids feel welcomed. Several of them got to drive the boat - can you imagine the stories they will bring back?
Read PWDfolks's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Captain Bryan's
Member Image dabikedude
Dec 2012
AWESOME Crew and experience....Highly recommended!
Read dabikedude's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Stinray Saling
Member Image michbot
Dec 2012
Stingray city & snorkeling were awesome! Booked the 1:45 pm tour as last tender left shore at 5:00 pm, howvwer the tour was to arrive back in Georgetown at 4:00 pm, did not arrive back until 4:55 pm as the boat crew was on 'Island time'.
Read michbot's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image RovinBee
Dec 2012
Our excursion was excellent! We met our driver who was On-Time only a short distance from the port and he took us directly to meet our jet ski guide who quickly got us and another couple onto the ocean for a thrilling ride out to a stingray sandbar. Once anchored in the chest deep, crystal clear water, we put on provided snorkel gear and were given near 40 minutes to play with the rays. From there we rode to a different spot in order to spend near another hour snorkeling. There were no crowds, just beautiful water, colorful fish, coral and stingrays that were playful and friendly beyond belief. Our driver even made local food suggestions on the return trip and dropped us off there so we could experience as much during our short stay as possible.
Read RovinBee's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: ShoreExcursioneer.com
Member Image CarnivalChick1116
Dec 2012
After snorkeling, we were taken three minutes away to Stingray City. This was one of the coolest things I have ever been able to do! I was hesitant at first but once I saw everyone else get in the water I decided to also. The stingrays are very calm and they were everywhere. I was able to hold one and they are also surprisingly heavy! We got very neat photos and videos of them. We stayed for 30 minutes then were taken back on the boat, to the marina, and then a busride back to the port.
Read CarnivalChick1116's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image roch342
Dec 2012
OK, easy access to water was our prime reason for choosing this trip. I would have liked an additional snorkel stop, but there wasn't one, so snorkel gear was a bit useless. Sting rays certainly entertained our family. They should have included some punch or beer in the price, as most water excursions we have taken do.
Read roch342's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image k8d
Dec 2012
good experience by reputable yacht owner. Christmas was a very busy time and this excursion would be better when the venue is less crowded. Great pictures holding stingrays and swimming on the reef. The swim with turtles in barbados is probably slightly better, but both are great trips
Read k8d's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Provider: sunray
Member Image DanWilJr
Dec 2012
The last stop was at our excursion boat which took us out to Sting Ray City which is a sandbar where you can get in the water and encounter the Sting Rays after about an hour we returned to meet our guide
Read DanWilJr's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Trixie1965
Dec 2012
The Stingray Swim was amazing and well worth it!
Read Trixie1965's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Slackem charters
Member Image pljonesey
Dec 2012
the actual activities themselves were great but we were herded around and it was very rushed with the Carnival trip which spoiled it a bit.
Read pljonesey's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image cruiseniffer
Dec 2012
They really talked up how much interation and how friendly the sting rays were. If our guide wouldnt have caught one and held it, we woldnt have even touched one. But the poor thing was flopping around so much and they were putting it in everyones fae for pictures, I flet badly for it. Wouldnt do this again.
Read cruiseniffer's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image afcolcpa
Dec 2012
This was a great experience. Definitely worth doing.
Read afcolcpa's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image jeffnjan
Dec 2012
We were a little hesitant about this tour but highly recommend it.
Read jeffnjan's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Sunrays Tours
Member Image CruiseFanatic0304
Dec 2012
Booked through carnival: Stingray City and Rum Point Beach Best port and best excursion of the whole trip! Stingrays were surrounding me, i was holding massive ones in my arms, and the scariest thing...is that they are wild! It was such an extraordinary time, the ocean is just too beautiful!!! Rum point beach was extremly nice, kept up clean, and the food was great too, but expensive! The beach was gorgeous, but the best part was being all the way at the tip of the caymans. Caymans is now my favorite port, EVER!
Read CruiseFanatic0304's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image NurseLovesVacation
Dec 2012
Georgetown Here were went on a snorkeling excursion I booked direct with the company. We went to Sting Ray City and then a reef. Sting Ray city is a definite must do. Again, try to get there as early as possible. We then went to Seven Mile Beach (overrated IMO) and had a horrendously overpriced mediocre meal on the beach. We then had to run through the city and barely made it back to the ship-on the last tender! I give this stop a "meh". I found it overpriced. I would like to go again to experience more of the real city. Our excursion took the entire time we were there.
Read NurseLovesVacation's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image cajundanzman
Dec 2012
Awesome time at Stingray City. Our tour operators were absolutely awesome. Would recommend it to anyone.
Read cajundanzman's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Vancouverman89
Dec 2012

This was great. I could move to Grand Cayman, what a fantastic place.

Read Vancouverman89's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image MarisT
Nov 2012
We did not like Stingray Swim, but the kids on board loved it
Read MarisT's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image FraudBroad
Nov 2012
Thursday we were in Grand Cayman and my kids, sister, and I booked a stingray/snorkel/beach day through Native Ways. The tour was excellent and we loved Andrew and JC! Top notch operation and I would HIGHLY recommend using them. The water was very choppy that day but we had a GREAT time with the rays! What wonderfully gentle creatures they truly are. If you haven't had a chance, do it! They are wonderful! With the currents being pretty strong the snorkeling left us all exhausted after only about 30 minutes. We then headed to rum point beach for lunch and about 1.5 hours of relaxation. It was an awesome day!
Read FraudBroad's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Native Ways
Member Image crz4ksu
Nov 2012
Grand Cayman was gorgeous - we did stingray city plus 2 snorkel stops with Captain Marvin's tours. Wish it had been a bit less crowded when we were with the Stingrays and at Coral Gardens (the second snorkel stop.)
Read crz4ksu's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image SonictheGT
Nov 2012
So I was on the Carnival Legend, which really wasn't a very great experience. It wasn't all together bad, but I kind of felt like my vacation wasn't all it could have been. Then I get to Grand Cayman. We met Chip the captain right at 11:15, and we proceeded to pick up 2 more guests from a hotel, and we were on our way to the Far Tortuga. We only had 6 people on our tour, and we had 4 crew members on board. His Catamaran was nice and roomy for 6 people. I'm not sure how it would be with 15+ because you'd be fighting to lay on the trampoline up front. We sail out to the sandbar first, and Chip explains how to handle and interact with the stingrays. I admit I was a bit nervous about this, because who can forget Steve Irwin? My girlfriend did it once before though, and said it was a must do... She wasn't lying. It was such an amazing experience. I will note that there was many boats around the sandbar. Most boats had between 25-50 guests on each. Again ours had 6! You can't beat that kind of personalized attention. Since there was many boats, there was many waves. The water was around 3 or so feet deep, but the waves sometimes made it 6 feet plus. That was the scariest part, because you could run into the rays. That did happen to me, a ray actually was pushed into me by a wave. It felt about like a sharp finger nail. Nothing serious at all, and it wasn't anyone's fault. We got to feed a lot of the stingrays, and hold one for an extended period of time and got some great photos. There was also on onboard photographer that would sell you his pictures if you did not have an underwater camera like we did. On the way back they had great fresh fruit, and a lot of beer. Good selection too of American beers like bud light and miller, and also had some red stripe and some girly Smirnoff's. All in all, this trip was amazing, and I would go back again in a heartbeat!
Read SonictheGT's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image JoAnn&Mike
Nov 2012
We did Captain Marvin's 2 stop tour...Stingray City and snorkeling. I highly recommend Captain Marvin for your tours. Very professional, friendly, and so helpful!! If you do not do Stingray City in the Grand Cayman you will miss an experience of a lifetime!!! This is the most exciting thing I have ever done!!!! The stingray is absolutely beautiful...a stunning swimmer!!!! We were able to hold one, kiss one, pet them, feed them, and just be there in the same water with them!!! They are huge!! They also took pictures of each person as they held the rays and you had the option of buying your photos on a CD on the way back. So bring some extra cash...you will definitely want your pictures!!!
Read JoAnn&Mike's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image BellBoys
Nov 2012
Best island visit. The people and shops are more interesting and Sting Ray city is fabulous.
Read BellBoys's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Member Image aamechs2
Nov 2012
excellent, took very good care of us and reasonably priced pictures
Read aamechs2's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Sting Ray sailing
Member Image miniflea
Nov 2012
On the stingray portion of the excursion, our guides were awesome. We got plenty of the time in the water, and they made sure that everyone got to hold/pose with stingrays
Read miniflea's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image yokelridesagain
Nov 2012
Booked with an independent operator, they waited on the dock until all pre-registered guests were there before departing. Combined snorkeling/stingray expedition. From the description, I had envisioned this as calm, thigh deep water on a sandbar. The day we were there the water was quite choppy and waves from boats departing were often shoulder high. Still a lot of fun for my four year old, but definitely had to be held the whole time. Ample opportunities to interact with hungry stingrays.
Read yokelridesagain's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image pattyk13
Oct 2012
This was fantastic. We negotiated a price with several operators after getting to port and it was worth the trouble. Stingray city is amazing and Native Ways took us to two different places to snorkel afterwards. Great deal and the boat operators were great. Even if you don't like snorkeling, you can do just Stingray City which is just over waist deep. They have equipment, but we had our own. And they have life jackets if you are nervous.
Read pattyk13's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Native Ways
Member Image Dagaleaa
Oct 2012
Great experience!! Our tour people were friendly and nice. We got ample time in the water for both the Stingray swimming and the snorkling. I would highly recommend it for anyone.
Read Dagaleaa's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Provider: MobyDick Tours
Member Image SouthernOhioCrusier
Oct 2012
Caymans - By far our best port experience. We did our own excursion (not one of the Carnival choices). We booked a private charter from www.sailcayman.com and it was awesome. The captain (O'Neil) took us out to a private area and we had our own stingray experience...much less crowded than the sand bar everyone else goes to. We then went to another place to snorkel. Food & Drink as well as transportation to & from the port provided. Can't say enough about this excursion. Trip Advisor has nothing but positive reviews as well. The water in the Caymans was the most beautiful I've ever seen...like a postcard everywhere you looked. One really cool aspect of this excursion was that this captain actaully used the boat's sails a lot ..more than the engine of the boat. This provided a realy unique and relaxing experience. My understanding is that most charters don't do this...they just use the boat engines everyone. We really really liked the sailboat aspect of this excursion.
Read SouthernOhioCrusier's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: sailcayman.com
Member Image Out of Iowa
Oct 2012
Independently, we had our third satisfying experience with Moby Dick's snorkel/stingray city tour. For $45 cash pp (and $20 tip pp, yes it was that good!), we were delighted to be the first tour out in a week (due to the choppy seas of Hurricane Sandy). We got off the Moby Dick bus at Seven Mile Beach and enjoyed the lovely soft sand and beautiful scenery. We bargained with the cab driver for the jaunt back to the ship - $4 pp. Others recruited by the driver paid up to $7 pp!
Read Out of Iowa's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image JJCJLH
Oct 2012
Stingray City tour. We had a great time. The water was very clear and the stingrays were all over the place.
Read JJCJLH's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image jginat
Oct 2012
Don't forget a waterproof camera
Read jginat's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image sonsan1
Sep 2012
We went to Stingray City and interacted with wild/tame stingrays at a shallow section of the ocean away from land. It's pretty remarkable that these creatures are so friendly and tolerant. Of course, I would be too if I had free meals everyday :) Nice ride out, plenty of time to enjoy one of those nature "religious" experiences. It was our bucket list and I'm really glad we did it. The water was crystal clear. It's kind of a "must do" thing. Do it!
Read sonsan1's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Alabama Alan
Sep 2012
Two families traveling together had a boat to ourselves for a morning tour. We thought the time, value, and transportation put this tour as one of the best. We booked through Soto's Cruises and had a great time
Read Alabama Alan's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Soto's Cruises
Member Image snorkelbum
Sep 2012
We've been to Grand Cayman many times and have seen all the tourist stuff. The best the island has to offer is underwater! Shopping is typical of all the "duty free ports." Hell is ugly. The turtle farm, San Pedro's Castle, Botanical Gardens all bored us. The above ground cemetery is cool, as are the blow holes on the south side of the island. Once we went on the Atlantis Submarine, down 1000 feet along the reef wall. It was absolutely incredible! We had light for about 200 feet, then they used spotlights. Expensive, but fabulous. You can book in once you're on the island. No need to do it through the cruise line or private company. You can snorkel Eden Rocks right off the sidewalk. No need to book it through an excursion company. Just don't bring valuables that you'll leave on shore. Seven Mile Beach is a $4 cab ride from the port and free beach admission. You should have water shoes. Although the beach is sandy, the water bottom is rough coral and rocks. There is some decent snorkeling right off shore. The reef there is dead, but still supports all the pretty fish life. We LOVE Sting Ray City. No, we're not afraid of them. I know a lot more people who've been killed in auto accidents than by sting rays, and I still go in cars! It's a sand bar and waist or chest deep, depending on tides and your height. The rays come to feed. The naturalists on all the tours instruct you on how to walk and move in the water, how to feed them, how to hold them, help you get a kiss and back rub from them, etc. We usually have about 30-45 minutes in the water with them, and it's never enough time! Not everyone uses a mask or snorkel, but I recommend it for a better view both from under and above the water surface. And if you have an underwater camera, bring it! Most boats also have pro photographers that take great pictures and will sell you a CD with shots of you and the rays, along with some stock photos, for an exorbitant fee that I always sucker for. We have gone with Captain Marvin, NativeWay Watersports, and now Captain Bryan. All were excellent in informing us about the rays, providing opportunity to handle them, snorkel instruction, helping all guests on and off boats and will special needs, providing beverages, supervising snorkelers at reef stops. I really choose a tour based on what we want to do. We used to like Rum Point, when there was good snorkeling. The past few visits the snorkeling was not good because condo development around the bend killed the reef, and the lunch food wasn't as good as in the past. So we now skip that stop. But if you want to include a beach break in your day with sting rays and snorkeling, Rum Point is a good option as there usually is not enough time to spend at 7-mile beach in addition to a snorkel and ray tour. We went on the Buccaneer Catamaran tour with Captain Bryan this year. We went to sting ray city and had two snorkel stops, coral reef and coral gardens. All three stops were wonderful. Water was rough, so I found getting on and off the boat a bit of a challenge, but the crew were very helpful. We really enjoyed the itinerary. The only disadvantage, from our perspective, was that the tour started late, a 12:10 (ship time) check in. We left the ship a little after 10 and wasted time walking around Georgetown. The excursion got us back about an hour before we needed to take a tender back. Given our druthers, we like to tour first, then arrange the rest of our time contingent up when we get done with the tour and when the last tender is. When we walked around town we had our clothes on over bathing suits (hot!) and we carrying handbag and all our snorkel gear, towels, sunblock, etc. There's no place at the port to lock or secure stuff. The advantage of a late start was fewer people at Sting Ray City with us, as it can get very crowded.
Read snorkelbum's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Captain Bryan
Member Image Thoc123
Sep 2012
We didn't book with the ship because we were told by friends who had just returned that there were many options on the dock to book excursions that were much cheaper than doing it through the boat. By far one of the coolest things I have ever done was Stingray city and it is LOADED with stingrays. And they rub right up on you and swim around you. It's definately a must. All of the boat operators were very helpful and friendly.
Read Thoc123's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image sasysutler
Sep 2012
Very safe.. stingrays are wonderful, saw dolphins swimming near our boat. NO Water shoes are allowed so save your money. Bring an underwater camera as some tours don't take photos. Snorkle equipement is provided free as are drinks.
Read sasysutler's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image levandowskij
Sep 2012
Our last excursion on Thursday was the dolphin encounter and stingray city on Grand Caymon Island. What a thrill to feed the stingrays. They are truly gentle giants. The dolphin encounter was everything I wished it would be.
Read levandowskij's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image melanierose327
Aug 2012
When we arrived at the turtle farm we were quickly put with a guide who walked us around the different tanks of the farm and gave us some great info about how and why it started. My favorite part was definitely holding the 1 year old turtles. You can also go snorkling in their lagoon but honestly that wasn't too exciting. There were very few turtles in there and you aren't allowed to touch those ones because they are getting released into the wild.
Read melanierose327's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image kevrab
Aug 2012
Great time swimming with the stingrays in Stingray City. The whole crew aboard the Buccaneer were great. After Stingray City we went snorkeling which was just ok.
Read kevrab's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Captain Bryan's Tours
Member Image dz63
Aug 2012
We booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Nativeways. We climbed aboard a large boat and made our way up to its upper level. The rest of the group (about 20 of them) arrived soon after. We were the only ones on the boat who booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion but since all the others booked the Rays and Snorkel we shared the same boat to Stingray City. There were four crew members on the boat. Our captain was Thomas and JC was the photographer. We found both of these guys to be friendly, funny, professional and informative. Both Captain Thomas and JC were in the ocean handling the stingrays. JC took hold of a large female stingray and showed us her stinger. I couldn't believe how large the stinger was. It was about as thick as a pencil and a good 6-8 inches long. In order to get stung by a stingray, the stinger must puncture right through your skin--oww, that would really hurt! JC also told us to notice the eyes on the stingray and how they look like the eyes of an alligator! While in the water, stingrays floated gracefully all around us and we even felt their smooth, slippery hide, brush against our legs. We all got to hold a stingray, get a stingray massage and yes, even kiss a stingray! Then we were all given a piece of calamari to feed the stingrays. The stingray sucked up the calamari like a vacuum! I couldn't believe what strong suction those creatures have! We spent 30 minutes in the water with the stingrays before it was time to go. From Stingray City it was a short boat ride to the reef. We put on masks, snorkels and fins and jumped into the warm, clear, turquoise blue water of the Caribbean Sea. For 2o minutes we enjoyed snorkeling and looking below to see the many colorful, tropical fish swimming around in their underwater paradise. Then it was off to Rum Point! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our day and time with Nativeways. From all the tour operators we encountered on this cruise, Nativeways offered us the best tour guide experience. Not only did they deliver everything we expected to do on this excursion, but they were also jokey, funny, friendly, professional, helpful, and outgoing while providing us with a top-notch service.
Read dz63's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Nativeways
Member Image needadvice
Aug 2012
Stingray Sailing was awesome! Communication in advance was very professional. Arrangements were all as advised, with no surprises. The boat was great and the owners were the best! We loved, loved, loved swimming with the stingrays - it was the favorite part of our entire cruise. Then we went snorkeling over a reef. The entire experience was amazing!
Read needadvice's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image MrChocoholic
Aug 2012
This one I booked after reading a review. After finally locating the tour operator on the wharf, the group of around a dozen bused to the marina where we boarded a 40-something sportfisherman/dive boat. Nice ride out to the sandbar where the stingrays hang out, my daughter remarked on how many rich people's houses there are along the waterway out to sea. Both of us were dazzled by the docile behavior of a large and strong animal most of us were taught to fear. Had pictures taken by the tour operator to back up our own (just in case water damaged our camera). Somehow my daughter and I got separated from the main crowd busing back to the wharf, but the tour operator arranged for a private van to transport us two--driven by a most engaging Caymanian chauffeur who entertained us with his advice on investing in the Cayman Islands. An altogether wonderful experience that was less expensive than those offered by the Shore Excursion Desk.
Read MrChocoholic's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Provider: Ebanks
Member Image disneyfan68
Jul 2012
We arrived in Grand Cayman earlier than planned. Our excursion for the day was Captain Bryan's Stingray City Sandbar and Snorkeling aboard the Buccaneer. We booked this excursion through Island Marketing. The meet time was 9:40am (island time). We debarked the ship at 8:45am (island time) and tendering went very smoothly. We checked in with Captain Bryan's and then did some shopping. It didn't take as long as we thought. As we got closer to our time, people were missing so we had to wait for them. We headed to the busses by 10:00am. It was a 15 minute drive to the boat. We all boarded. I would say there were around 40 people on the tour. On our way to Stingray City, we could not get over the beauty of the water. Grand Cayman is gorgeous. When we arrived at Stingray City, the water was crystal clear blue with a white sand bottom. It was like a giant pool. The water was up to my waist. There were maybe 4 other boats there. You could see the stingrays immediately. So cool. We were told how to handle them before exiting the catamaran. There were swimming around us and my daughter was getting a little freaked. I'll admit, I was a little nervous too. They are amazing creatures. Each of us got to hold and kiss a stingray and get our picture taken. What an awesome experience. Next we went to the Barrier Reef for snorkeling. It was fun but not many fish. Next we went to Coral Gardens. There were schools of fish there. It was a lot of fun. Neither of my children had ever snorkeled before and they both had fun. We then sailed back to the marina. A great excursion and a once in a lifetime experience.
Read disneyfan68's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image khidhala
Jul 2012
A bucket list item. Standing out in the middle of the bay, miles from any land, you are in the ocean on a sand bar, when these stingrays come and just casually swim by and through your crowd. Lots of shrieks and squeals and laughs from everyone, and my wife considered it the highlight of her trip and one of her life.
Read khidhala's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Brummie_Benno
Jul 2012
Joint Dolphin Encounter & Stingray swim delivered. Knowledgeable bus driver explained sights en-route. Driving on left comforting! Parrot farm entrance to Dolphinarium unexpected. Only venue provided photography allowed @ $15 per photo. Video much more expensive. Good entertainment.Stingray City by launch from Dolphinarium. Expect a crowded reef with many operators. Waves of Stingrays exhilerating; waterproof camera is a MUST. Operator provided photography available at extra cost.
Read Brummie_Benno's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image maryfromtx
Jul 2012
Great value. Excellent time. Loved the smaller tour.
Read maryfromtx's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Island Marketing Ltd
Member Image Drewboy96
Jul 2012
Awesome. Crystal clear water, rays everywhere. Never felt unsafe, even for my kids (4 & 5). Great hour in the water and amazing experience.
Read Drewboy96's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image misskkj
Jul 2012
If you only do one thing make it swimming with the stingrays! I was so scared to do it but once in the beautiful, warm clear water I was assured by the guides and I even held a stingray! I snorkeled around and just took in the beauty. We were out in the ocean, on a sandbar surrounded by beauty! The tender to and from was fast and easy. After our tour we went back to the ship to change and eat lunch then back to port to shop. Most stores had the same items. We grabbed some souvenirs and an iced coffee and went back to the ship.
Read misskkj's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image tigergirl16
Jun 2012
We did the stingray city, coral garden, and starfish tour. I highly recommend this tour. They were awesome tour guides, and the stingrays are amazing. The currents are a little rough for snorkeling; even the stronger swimmers wore life jackets.
Read tigergirl16's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Native Way
Member Image love the sea1
Jun 2012
Unfortunately the snorkeling was more about staring at coral than beautiful fish. It was more like a desert under the water. As for the Stingray encounter, there were three stingrays and each one was handled Iy the deck hands for us to pet and take a photo with our own cameras. So if you don't have a waterproof camera, you are out of luck. It was nice to be in the warm water, but the excursion was boring. I would not go on this excursion again.
Read love the sea1's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image Katafer
Jun 2012
The stingray swim was fun, if crowded, since lots of boats crowd into this tiny sandbar area. The boat that took us there was clean, and the people were very friendly. They made sure that everybody had a chance to spend time with the rays, and that everyone got their picture taken with them. Our group of 5 bought a CD with 10 pictures on it for $30. Then, back to the busses for a short trip to the turtle farm.
Read Katafer's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image cyclenut
Jun 2012
Stingray city was simply amazing. It is hard to describe. Even after reading the description you can't imagine it until you experience it. We took a short bus ride to the docks and then boarded a dive boat for the sandbar. It was about a 30 minute boat ride. Our captain and guide brought us close and we all entered the water to swarms of stingrays. These creaturs know when a boat is approaching they are going to get food and they swarm the arriving boats. You can feed and pet the stingrays and get your picture taken with them as well. Unfortunately it is also very crowded. As new boats arrive, the stingrays scatter to the new boats in hopes of more squid. The tour guide keeps a singray close so you are never without one nearby, but the swarms leave as soon as you run out of food, which is in about 10 minutes. We then boarded the boat again and went to the barrier reef for some snorkeling. Unfortunately our boat had picked up extra passengers from a vessle that had broken down nearby. We did not recieve proper instructions and since this was our first time, we ended up in the water completley unprepared and without a snorkel vest. After about 10 minutes of figuring out how everything was supposed to work and getting a properly fitted snorkel vest we enjoyed viewing the barrier reef and all the life around it. I was able to take numerous pictures and even a one-minute video of this reef, but the time allowed was too short. We were there for about 30 minutes and really needed about an hour at the reef. After the reef we headed back to the dock and onto a bus, but not before we were "encouraged" to look at the pictures taken of us with the stingrays. The cost was $40 for a CD with what amounted to three pictures. That was the only option and we didn't take it, which seemed to upset the guide. After we arrived at the dock we boarded a bus and headed to the beach. We were given tickets for a lunch, a rum punch and a lounge chair. Lunch was excellent. You were given a choice of hamberger or hot dog and you could add grilled chicken with jerk spices. Nicely done. Some of the most excellent chicken I have eaten, but a little spicy for some folks. There was salad as well as water and sweet tea. Even though the bus driver had said we could use the ticket for a local beer, the bartender would only offer the rum punch or regular punch. We discovered that the same buffet lunch and drink was offered as an "all inclusive" to Carnival passengers (also docked there). They had more options than we did. This seemed a bit odd to me. My wife and I found the beach to be a bit unimpressive. We were on a section of what is called 7-mile beach (not sure it was called rum point). The sand turned sharp with shells near the water and you really couldn't go swimming as there was a reef just a few feet away. This was ideal for snorkeling it seemed, but those that did said they were disappointed as there wasn't much color to the reef and no many fish either. We ended up leaving the beach and hour early to get some port shopping in. We really enjoyed the cleanliness and efficiency of the Grand Cayman trip, even though the ride back to the port was met with a lot of traffic. Note too that this is a tender port. Avoid the long lines by getting back to the ship early or stay in the nearby shops until the line gets shorter.
Read cyclenut's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image docmama
Jun 2012
Beautiful clear shallow water. Kids a little scared, grown ups loved this and the stingrays are so tame and soft.
Read docmama's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mitsguy2001
Jun 2012
Excellent and very unique excursion. Really enjoyed the stingray portion of the excursion. The only negative is that the snorkeling portion wasn't long enough.
Read mitsguy2001's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image 1st_anniversary
Jun 2012
Great, knowledgeable tour guides, clean boat to the sandbar with cold refreshments included. Was a great experience. The coast guard is also on sight, which is nice to know that its eco friendly and all the people are not damaging/ disturbing the stingrays and/or ocean life. Great experience. Bring an underwater camera for SURE.
Read 1st_anniversary's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image luv2rom
May 2012
The time at the beach was short- the food was good, but not much time to swim. However, the stingray swim was excellent.
Read luv2rom's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image umari
May 2012
Great and friendly staff. Small group. Great snorkeling and memorable experience with the stingray. This is one trip that everyone who is going to Grand Cayman should do.
Read umari's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image kristen89
May 2012
We met Eldon from Native Way Watersports when we got off the boat, it was a short wait, then we got on a small shuttle bus with Sharon and had the island tour (there was only 7 of us all together on this tour). We drove past the Governors House, 7-Mile Beach and The Old Homestead as well as stopping in Tortuga Rum Factory for some shopping and an early lunch, since we wouldn't have time later. We were supposed to do the Turtles then stingrays so we wouldn't be wet but somehow we were switched and headed to the Stingray sandbar where Eldon picked us up in his boat and brought us. We were a group of seven and had lots of time to hold and touch the stingrays, feed them and get back massages. The stingrays were so friendly and came right up close. After we took the boat back to the marina and got into another van to go to the turtle farm. This was one of my highlights we got to hold baby turtles, they flapped their arms and hit you but calmed right down when you pet their heads. After a quick stop in the gift shop we headed back to the pier. Compared to the ship excursion we had a very small amount of people and a small price. It was a lot of fun.
Read kristen89's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Provider: Native Way Watersports
Member Image BellaBee
May 2012
we did Stingray City with Mainland Tours booked through Carnival. This was also a great experience. Our son was the youngest on our trip. We did a similar tour on our previous trip to Grand Cayman but booked a different one this time. What we liked about it was the boat. It had very wide stair steps on the back of the boat. You literally stepped down into the water or could sit on the steps and watch the stingrays go by. Our child again, jumped right in and went up to the stingrays with no fear. The guides held the rays for us to kiss and pet. They were especially attentive to our son and spent a lot of time with him and the rays.
Read BellaBee's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image pinkdiamonddolly
May 2012
The best excursion we have ever taken on any cruise.
Read pinkdiamonddolly's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Nativeway
Member Image pinkdiamonddolly
Perfect, not one flaw!!!
Read pinkdiamonddolly's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image CactusGirly
May 2012
In Grand Cayman we did the StingrayCity excursion with Moby Dick Tours. I would highly recommend them. No photographer on board, they used our camera to capture shots of the kids interacting with the rays, so no added cost for photos, and it was a small enough group to get good interaction and instruction (abt. 30).
Read CactusGirly's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Moby Dick Tours
Member Image milhouse0506
May 2012
We booked Ray's, Reef and Rum Point through Native Way Watersports. All 3 stops were great. Again, a great tour and I would highly recommend them. Only problem was that were were extremely rushed getting back to the boat, if we were 10-15 minutes later we would have missed the boat. Luckily there was a line to get on a tender when we arrived and the 'last tender time.' I did not give it a 5 + for that last point, otherwise it was excellent.
Read milhouse0506's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Native Way Watersportw
Member Image CamSTAR1
Apr 2012
In the cruise review - But Captain Marvin's was perfect for the Stingray City and snorkeling!
Read CamSTAR1's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image coppicekids
Apr 2012
A lovely sail to the sandbar to feed, pet and kiss the stingray. The water was really warm. the only gripe was the money they wanted for a copy of the video they shot $50!.
Read coppicekids's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image danal72
Apr 2012
Have a destination in mind, as we walked around for a while waiting for our excursion, and the streets were busy!!! Not pedestrian friendly, in some places the sidewalk disappeared and you were in the street. Take a cab to 7 mile beach, or anywhere. I'm sure its a beautiful island, we just didn't have enough time to see it with the excursion we had planned.
Read danal72's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image cruisingwiththe family
Member Image Let'sCruise27
Apr 2012
We did the String Ray and reef swim. It was fine but could have been better. There could have been better snorkel gear and explanation of how to snorkel. The reef they took us to after the Rays was nearby and was beautiful snorkeling. Pricey for what you got.
Read Let'sCruise27's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image celialou
Apr 2012
We booked our on excursion with Captain Marvin's. It was $35/each. We were taken by shuttle to the boat and went out to Sting Ray City. It was really cool. We got to swim with the rays, kiss them, etc. They had a camera guy taking pictures of everything. He would put them on a CD for $45, which is pretty steep. Normally I wouldn't have paid that much, but I left my own waterproof camera on the boat and didn't want to not have any pictures at all. The second stop was snorkeling at a reef. It was beautiful. They threw food into the water to attract the most beautiful fish. There were even rays swimming towards the bottom. Very nice. On the way back to shore, one of the crewmen had cleaned and prepared some conch he had gathered from the bottom. It was delicious. I highly recommend Captain Marvin's. I know if this is your first cruise your gut tells you to book through Carnival, but let me warn you....you will pay three times as much and be crammed shoulder to shoulder on a rickety boat with 70 people. This actually happened. The people jampacked on this boat pull up to sting ray city with us and there were so many kids and people it was ridiculous. One of the women told me they had booked through Carnival and paid $150. Our really nice boat only had 20-30 people.
Read celialou's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image milliganmonks
Apr 2012
Great Excursion as we were welcomed in Port by Chip (Owner), driven in a Private Coach to Marina. Great, relaxing sailing on the Catamaran as we headed out to Sting Ray City. Great conversations with Chip and his father on board. Good amount of time in water feeding and playing with the sting rays. On way back to marina they offered complimentary fruit and bottled water. Beer was available for purchase if desired.
Read milliganmonks's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Love2gocruise
Apr 2012
2 man operation on a catamaran. Small group (18) and we were never rushed. We stayed with the stingrays longer than any other tour that day. They helped us hold the stingrays and the whole area had the most beautiful water. The reef had many different types of coral but not many fish that day, which isn't the fault of the operator. He sailed back into the island instead of using the motor which was very nice and relaxing. Had a great time for $40 per person
Read Love2gocruise's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Dexter's Fantaseas
Member Image RollTidemom
Apr 2012
The stingrays were amazing and we also stopped and snorkeled. The weather was not so great that day. Ran into some storms. Would choose another tour operator next time. I chose it based on Trip Advisor and he had great reviews but I wasn't very impressed. Next time I would just spend the day at a beach/resort and enjoy the beautiful scenery and water. The weather is too undependable to spend $200+ and risk a thunderstorm cutting the day short.
Read RollTidemom's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image olie20
Mar 2012
Water was way to rough to enjoy the snorkling. Should have been canceled but NCL didn't care just so they got the money.
Read olie20's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image edi1140
Mar 2012
This was our second time visiting Grand Cayman, a lovely island which is still under British colonial rule. Grand Cayman is another tendered stop (no pier for the ship to dock at) so there is a bit of time involved getting from ship to shore and back again. Make sure to build this time into your plans if you have to be somewhere for shore excursion. There's lots to do in Georgetown (Grand Cayman). If you don't want to do a shore excursion it's very easy to get around town, either on foot or by taxi. The locals all speak English (you can't live or work there if you don't) and it's very safe. There are many shops to choose from within easy walking distance of the docks, if shopping is what you're after. We did the Stingray City shore excursion in Grand Cayman. This involves taking a short ride on a tour boat out to a sandbar where stingrays naturally congregate. This is an easy, fun and very popular shore excursion where you get into the water with the rays (the water is very shallow, even younger kids can take part in this activity). The rays are plentiful and swim right among the throngs of people. It's a great experience and I highly recommend it. If you have kids, don't miss the Turtle Farm (unrelated to the Stingray Adventure). Our kids on a previous cruise LOVED the turtle farm and it's very inexpensive as a bonus. One thing to note about shore excursions in Grand Cayman - nothing happens fast on this island. Be prepared for some standing around and waiting at the docks before your group makes its way to whatever bus you're taking to get to your excursion. It can get hot standing and waiting there so bring a bottle of water. Bring some cash along too, it's handy for tipping drivers and tour operators and also for buying nice cold popsicles for hot, tired kids. :) There are plenty of ATM's and banks within an easy walk, you'll recognize lots of American and Canadian banks so your debit card is more useful here than most places.
Read edi1140's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Member Image fatcat12
Mar 2012
Allura Stingray tour was good....lots of interaction with stingrays
Read fatcat12's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image cruisefan123
Mar 2012
Surreal. Kissing the stingrays, picture taking, was great fun.
Read cruisefan123's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image obnurse
Mar 2012
We booked Stingray City Sandbar (through the cruise line) for first thing in the morning so we could enjoy the afternoon time doing something else. We got to the theater at 8 am, as instructed. We waited a while and were eventually tendered to shore. There were 18 of us bussed to a boat to start our excursion. When we got to the boat, our bus driver was told that the boat "Island Princess" had left without us. After some discussion we were instructed to board another boat where we began our very long wait. The crew never spoke to us, but we got some info from a lady that was sub-contracted to take pictures on our excursion. She said we were waiting for another bus load of people to join our tour. After a lengthy wait (about 1 1/2 hrs) still with no communication from the crew, we started asking to go back to the ship. A bus came with our original bus driver on it but he told us to stay away from his bus and that he would not take us back to the ship. An employee from another tour company felt sorry for all of us and called our tour company's manager, Aaron, who hung up on her. Eventually she was able to make arrangements for a bus to take us back to the ship for $2.50 pp. We got back to the port at 11 am, 3 hrs of our short port day wasted, no excursion enjoyed. When we discussed this with the assist. shore excursion manager, Irena, she was sympathetic and understanding. She refunded the excursion, but really did not resolve our whole issue. We were disappointed with our loss of shore time because it was already a short day ashore. We were offered a bottle of Celebrity wine at 4 pm on the last day of our cruise, which we gave back. When we returned home we called customer service. The lady was great. She acknowledged what happened was unacceptable. To compensate us for our loss of port time, we were offered $75 pp either on board credit for our next cruise or future cruise credit, which we were happy with.
Read obnurse's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image brewtoo
Mar 2012
Gorgeous waters. Crowded. Many boats and tourists competing for stingrays.
Read brewtoo's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Bryant1
Mar 2012
We took the tender over to Grand Cayman, you walk off the boat and there are multiple vendors set up in booths or tents. We found ours and after waiting for everyone to arrive we were then bused over to the boat, about a ten minute ride. The boat was a Catamaran that held about 30 people. After a saftey lesson we were on our way! It was very windy so we motored out to the Stingray Sandbar about 20 minutes away. As we approaced you could see the other boats and peopl already in the water with Stingrays. The Captain gaves us a brief description of what to do and how everyone was going to get ot hold the Stingrays. He and his crew got into the water first, found a very large female stingray, grabbed on to her and we each got into the water, circled around them and took turns holding the Stingray. It was very cool and a lot safer than I imagined. After about 45 minutes, we sailed off to the first snorkel spot. The water was very rough that day and we only stayed in it about 10 minutes and had to come out. A lot of other people managed to snorkel for 30 minutes. We then left for our 2nd and last snorkel area, which was a little more calm. There are plenty of tropical fish, an occasional turtle to see. It was a fun day and would do it again.
Read Bryant1's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image suburban_awesome
Mar 2012
Very basic boat, very friendly and experienced tour operators. Had a GREAT time especially with the stingrays. Snorkeling was a little difficult due to being out on the barrier reef with rough waters. This part is not for weak swimmers.
Read suburban_awesome's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Moby Dick tours
Member Image cshoe512
Mar 2012
We had to tender in and that was very well organized and we moved right along. We did the Swim with the Stingrays and snorkeling in Grand Cayman which then consisted of an all inclusive lunch and rum punch and beach afterwards. I was so scared at first but my husband nearly hopped out of the boat before the captain had us docked. The water was a little rough and the tour guide didn't feel it was safe to snorkel so we all received a 25% reimbursement on our cruise account. And we didn't even have to ask. Grand Caymans I thought was by far the prettiest and cleanest of the three ports. I could see staying there for a week.
Read cshoe512's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Bushy H.
Mar 2012
Georgetown, Cayman Islands: We did the Stingray swim. Wow, this is awesome. We first went to Hell, yes that is a place. It is basically a couple of buildings and an official post office around this sort of rocky looking lava rock pit that they call Hell. You can get your passport stamped here officially, which I wished we had known. They also have a couple of small shops nothing much, and a cute little boy with an iguana, for $1 he will let you pose with it, hubby helped out this little entrepreneur. Then to the rum cake shop and they sell these good dough meat-filled pastries called "pasties" on the left side of the shop inside, go early if you want chicken they sell out. Then the next stop is the stingray swim. You have to take everything with you on to the crowded boat from the bus so be cautioned and don't forget to bring your towel. You cannot wear any type of shoe not even aqua shoes because of the baby stingrays. Do NOT shuffle your feet like the guide on the bus tells you or you will cut your feet on conch shells, walk normal. The water was up to my chin in some places and I am 5'4" and if there was a swell it hit me in the face. They offer life vests if you cannot swim. We are told to make a circle and the guide holds this huge stingray so you can touch her or pose with her. I could not make it to the circle the swells kept knocking me backwards at first and I found myself surrounded by four huge stingrays. Don't keep freaking out like me just stay still if you can. You are given squid to feed them and instructions to keep from getting your thumb sucked on. Then we had our photo taken with hubby holding the stingray and next with it basically smashed into my face kissing me. We were in there a good amount of time and then he sounded the horn for all to return to the boat. We motored back to the original location about twenty minutes and then back on the buses. The ride to the ship is very short and if you take the 11: 20 a.m. tour you have very little shopping time so I recommend the earliest one. Last tender leaves at 3:15 p.m.
Read Bushy H.'s full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image AdkRd
Mar 2012
Cannot say enough about what a fabulous day this was in Grand Cayman. Planning on going back for an extended stay!!!!
Read AdkRd's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image jimneda
Mar 2012
Grand Caymans don't miss excursion, even though it takes all of the available port time, is Stingray City. We walked out of the main port area to the sidewalk in front of the port, and found touts with sings who were offering $25 round trip on a boat out to Stingray City. We paid them cash (US currency) and took a van ride to a (Governors Creek?) marina, and a boat ride across the north sound to a sandbar that is 2 miles from shore. Lots of tour boats and tourists were already there, the boats toss down a couple of anchors, and you step off the boat in to 3-4 foot deep water. The stingrays are very tame and swim right past you. If you know that stingrays have a barbed tail spike they can defend themselves with, it is a bit uneasing, but I guess if the rays were stinging the tourists out here, they wouldn't be doing too much business. Just stay calm and enjoy, and the rays will do the same. Our boat pilot handled the ray and we were able to touch and kiss it, an amazing experience all around. We made a second quick stop for snorkeling, and en route back to the marina our pilot also harvested some conch and made us a fresh snack from raw conch, which was tasty, even though he put too much bbq sauce in it.
Read jimneda's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image logan100902
excellent tour.worth the money
Read logan100902's full Disney Magic cruise review
Member Image jmb1101
Mar 2012
This was an experience of a lifetime. We were taken on a catamaran and our guides helped us really interact with with the stingrays. A totally enjoyable time!
Read jmb1101's full Disney Magic cruise review
Member Image Spectrebro
Mar 2012
Boys loved it! I thought it was ok. We were actually with the stingrays for 30 minutes. They were late getting to us and I felt rushed.. But good experience and no regrets.
Read Spectrebro's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cruisin'Col
Feb 2012
Booked the "Deluxe Stingray Tour" with Carnival. All kinds of problems. Carnival tickets said to meet at Ebony Lounge, but they decided last minute that they wouldn't be there, but did not tell any of us. Thirteen of us went there to meet at different times, and got separated in elevators, tenders, etc. The tenders were a mess and there was no communication by the cruise ship. When I talked to "Marineland" tours after arriving at Grand Cayman, they said, "if they are late...too bad". This was a "Carnival" tour yet these people did not care at all. Neither did the Shore Excursion desk. It was basically, "sorry, we changed our mind, sorry your people all got separated, sorry we were late getting you to port,....blah blah blah". We all did finally meet up and get on the tour, but were a few minutes late because of the disorganized tendering. Then, the tour guide said we would have 45 minutes, but cut the time to 35 minutes. It was rush, rush, rush. See the beautiful stingrays, hold them, get out and let us take you back so we can get more money and take more people. We only went on this tour because we had several badly sprained ankles, elderly, and knee injuries and needed the boat that had a stairway that went down into the water rather than a ladder. But, I was not impressed with either Carnival or Marineland's attitude. We did eat at a most incredible Italian place (Casanova's) on the water, there. Wonderful food and great ambiance and service. After the tour, I complained to guest services, and they said they would pass on my concerns to the Shore Excursion desk. Well, either they didn't or the Shore Excursion desk blew it off. I never heard one word from them again. They had our money, why would they care!? NEVER AGAIN. I have learned my lesson, no more Carnival tours!
Read Cruisin'Col's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Sail12
Feb 2012
Gotta do this. Wonderful experience. Just amazing, not spilling the beans.
Read Sail12's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image photographergirl
Feb 2012
We arrived an hour ahead of schedule, and it showed. Neither the crew, nor the ship, nor the shops on shore were ready. And the power went out just before we walked onto the elevator. It flickered out several times more...we took the stairs. After we were on shore, we saw black smoke pour out of the stack for a few minutes, then everything seemed to be fine. This port and city were our favorite. We enjoyed the island as a whole, and really soaked up the modern, island feel. Everyone seemed to have that lackadaisical, no worries attitude...precisely what we wanted our Caribbean escape to be. We did the dolphin excursion/stingray city excursion. They were both great, well run, and oh so fun! We are considering a vacation just to Grand Cayman.
Read photographergirl's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Quixotic
Feb 2012
Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we chose an independent tour for Grand Cayman. They picked us up in a blue school bus from the pier (along with around 20 others). The driver entertained us along the way by describing the island's points of interest and history. We got on the boat and were pleased that it wasn't super crowded on the boat. (You'll notice the official excursion offered by the ship has a TON of people on the boat) We paid $49 per adult and $35 per child. First, we were taken out to a spot where everyone snorkeled. I had never been snorkeling before and I was a little anxious about it. Eventually I got the hang of it and enjoyed seeing the fish and coral reef. The kids took to it easily and really loved it. Hubby also especially loved this part. Then we got back on the boat and went to the Stingray City sandbar. What a memorable and magical experience. It was thrilling and definitely something I will never, ever forget. My daughter has some sensory issues and was extremely nervous about being in the water with the stringrays. Initially she got in the water and then wanted to get back on the boat. We didn't force it and left her on the boat with one of the tour guys (which was less than 10 feet away). Hubby, son, and I all got to "hold" a stingray and feed them. Unfortunately one girl in our tour group was terrified; she was screaming and thrashing around which freaked everyone out and made the tour guides visibly nervous. They put her on the boat as quickly as possible. Then everything went better. My daughter decided on her own to get back in the water, which was amazing. The tour guys were GREAT about helping her have a good experience and we have a great shot of her "holding" a ray and smiling from ear to ear. This was such a highlight of our trip and worth every penny! We went back to the pier after the excursion (2 hours). We wanted to get back on the ship and spend some time doing things like the rock wall, flowrider, etc.
Read Quixotic's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image huntkc
Feb 2012
2nd time with Capt Marvin. Always better than the ships choices. Less money and fewer people in your group. This one was not near as personal as our first one but that is the luck of the draw on who you get. The snorkeling portion is just average. Lots better places in the caribbean to snorkel.
Read huntkc's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image rjcvg
Feb 2012
This stingray swim experience was kind of neat. Something different. Transportation was no too organized to and from the boat. That was our biggest complaint. The boat crew was great. Boat ride took 45 min. to get to the rays. Swam with them for about 45 min. too. Pretty cool. Water was waist deep and crystal clear. You are on a reef with soft white sand on the bottom.
Read rjcvg's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Member Image dawnvan
Feb 2012
By far my favorite excursion!! Moby Dick was so patient with everyone explaining how to handle the stingrays and how to feed them. They were in the water with us helping us feed them. The food for stingrays was included. Moby Dick also took pictures with OUR waterproof camera of us holding the stingrays! On our way back they even got a starfish our of the water for a short time for the kids to see. On the bus ride back to port we were given to option to stop at 7 mile beach and take the public busing or taxi back to port. We did this and we were very glad we did! What a perfect beach!! Busing is $2 per person. we bartered for a taxi for $30 for 11 of us. Great Great excursion!
Read dawnvan's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image sipoty
Feb 2012
Booked private tour of snorkeling and Stingray City with Mobey Dick Tours. Read on here they were Friendly, Safe, Affordable and reliable and they were. Highly recommended. I am hooked on snorkeling after my first time trying.
Read sipoty's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Mobey Dick Tours
Member Image derekjp47
Feb 2012
Great experience, but not as much fun the second time.
Read derekjp47's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image bluveds
Feb 2012
The boat drivers were very involved in the excursion. They got out of the boat and facilitated interaction with the stingrays. Very good!
Read bluveds's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Moby Dick Tours
Member Image melissast21
Feb 2012
All in all a good experience some people from one of the cruises didnt realize that there was a time change so they held us up on the tour by 1/2 hour or so I do understand this isnt Franks fault more so the cruisers fault for not reading the email. It was a nice trip but pretty crowded at the sandbar.
Read melissast21's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Franks
Member Image mactrio
Feb 2012
Great time, the boat ride was nice, the captain and the other man driving the boat were very friendly and talked about the island. They made sure each person was able to interact with the stingrays and it was really fun.
Read mactrio's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image rutgers1
Feb 2012
Our time on Grand Cayman was limited, so I probably shouldn't have chosen an excursion with so much travel time. We began with the long tender process. From there, we had to take a bus to the next boat. Next up, more travel. Finally we reached the Stingray City sandbar. It was pretty cool. I wouldn't say it was awe-inspiring, but it was fun. Then we were off to Rum Point, which is a little resort on the water. And when I say "little", I mean "little." Actually, it might be a big resort, but the part that we were taken to was very small. On top of that, the resort was hosting TWO private parties and had roped off several rather large sections. The parties reserved all water sports and activities (even beach volleyball) throughout our stay. The trip took us through the lunch hour, so we were all hungry. Getting food was no small feat due to the limited seating and understaffed facility. If you hit Rum Point on a less crowded day, I can see it being a very fun place. But on the day we visited, it was horrible.
Read rutgers1's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image BUSTERBROWN99
Feb 2012
Tour left 1/2 late for unknown reasons, rushed through, only had a 1/2 hr in water, too many people in the water, could not get close enough to see, touch or feed stingrays. Will not go on this excursion again.
Read BUSTERBROWN99's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image surfawahine
Feb 2012
Great time. Staff was pleasant and helped my husband, who is NOT a water person like me to relax enough to enjoy the stingrays. Great snorkeling afterwards and more shells for my collection!!
Read surfawahine's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Dolfan2681
Feb 2012
Book the "Allure" tour for your Sting Ray City snorkel. The staff of the allure made us feel like we were family and at home. They guided the sting rays right into our arms for LOTS of great interaction. They offer picture packages which are very reasonable.
Read Dolfan2681's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Mojoscruise
Feb 2012
We love Captain Marvins. This was our second time to use them. We booked it early and independent of the ship. They are very personal and extremely nice. We did the Sting ray city and 2 snorkel stop. I can't say enough nice things about Captain Marvin's. Only negative is they pics they take are way to expensive for what you get. So take your own camera and take your own.
Read Mojoscruise's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Captian Marvin's
Member Image surge7264
Feb 2012
Wow -- who would have ever imagined a sandbar in the middle of the ocean full of stingrays??!!! We enjoyed the stingray swim and feeding of the stingrays. That was followed by snorkeling on a reef and a reminder of the color which lies beneath the water surface. Followed all that up with some quality time at Hammerheads for some drinks and snacks and mingling with the natives -- a great time.
Read surge7264's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image coralrief
Feb 2012
Captain Marvin's Adventures - been in business for I think 60 years!
Read coralrief's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image KimmiePie
Feb 2012
We originally booked with the cruise line weeks before the cruise, but due to their confusion we didn't get to shore on time. So, we went with someone local. While I was a bit nervous and we did have some adventures that day, it all worked out great and we had a wonderful experience with the Rays.
Read KimmiePie's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Provider: George's
Member Image pensgrl
Dec 2011
Native Way was amazing! Our tour guides were very knowledgeable and fun! There were about 15 people total on this excursion so it felt like a private tour. First we played with the sing rays! Beautiful and interesting creatures. One of the coolest things I have ever done!
Read pensgrl's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Jonk67
Feb 2011
The stingray encounter was the highlight of the day, however. Our guide boat and crew were wonderful. They told us the names of the rays we encountered, and helped us to interact with them safely. The water was the perfect temperature and crystal clear. It was wonderful.
Read Jonk67's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Nascar21n8
Feb 2011
A little crowded on the boat. They also did not tell the people who sat up on the front of the boat they would get soaked and there were no seats underneath. Most of the people on top of the boat were observers not getting wet in the Ocean so it was a cool colder day for them and made for not so much fun they did pay to ride the boat so they were not happy campers. i understand its a boat but it would have been nice to have been told this and room made for the 9 people on top sneakers on most were soaked. This was not a good experience for those people! Once the boat was moving it was not safe for them to walk down the side and try to get below. The stingray part was fun but overcrowded and 3 handlers in the water to the 50 plus people did not give for good quality time. If you had a handler for 1 min each person you were lucky.
Read Nascar21n8's full Carnival Paradise cruise review