Ensenada Horseback Tour Excursion Reviews

Ensenada Horseback Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Spend an afternoon galloping along the shorelines of Ensenada or take a different trail to experience Mexico's wilderness.
Member Image Anzel
1 review
Oct 2012
In Ensenada we did the horseback tour at Rancho Los Bandidos. This is basically a 500 acre ranch owned by an American woman. There she has about 40 horses and they are all very well kept. They roam throughout the ranch for most of the week and are only ridden by tourists on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It's about a 20 minute bus ride into the mountains to the ranch. During the ride there and back, "Miguel" give us lots of information about Ensenada. He was basically the guy in charge of the tour. He got us on our horses and really took care of everyone during the winding four mile trail up and down the mountain. The trail itself is a bit rocky and a bit dusty but it has that, "Old West" feel to it. Some of the views at the top of the mountain overlooking the ocean are absolutely amazing. My wife and I really enjoyed it. Back at the ranch they had homemade chips and salsa waiting for us by the bar. Also, there was a local woman making fresh steak tacos. OK. I have to stop here for a minute. These tacos. OMG. I mean... I can't explain how awesome they were. You know when you go to American chain restaurants and they offer, "Authentic Mexican Street Tacos"? Yeah... those places should be ashamed of themselves. Like... I took pictures of the tacos so I could look at them later and remember them fondly. Overall this was an awesome excursion. The people were awesome. The horseback riding was great. The views were great. The food was great. It was also a great value. Definitely do this one if you get the chance. This is one that that I would book ahead of time as it fills up fast.
Read Anzel's full Carnival Inspiration cruise review