Safaga Karnak Temple Excursion Reviews

Safaga Karnak Temple cruise excursion
Overall Rating
The Karnak Temple is the largest place of worship ever built, containing many ancient temples and statues. Explore the Precinct of Amun-Re, and learn about the history of the Amarna heresy.
Member Image blackpearuk
Feb 2013
Collected us from ship exit. Excellent driver and knowledgeable guide with excellent English. Provided lots of background history on journey in air-conditioned mini-bus. Far better than going on cruise company's bus and no more expensive.
Read blackpearuk's full MSC Armonia cruise review
Provider: Ramses Travel
Member Image mcannonn
1 review
Jan 2013
This temple is amazing and deserves more time. We were not allowed enough time to fully appreciate what we were seeing. (1 1/2 hours) Would strongly recommend people see this site - but do it from a Nile Cruise not from Safaga
Read mcannonn's full Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise review
Read At sea days's full Seabourn Pride cruise review
Provider: Seabourn Cruise Line
Member Image oenone
Mar 2012
The road of the sphinx, the hypostyle hall, and the giant scarab at the temple of Karnak are all famous - what surprised me was the number of columns that still maintain some of the colors in which they were originally painted. This place is huge and deserves a lot more time than we were able to give it. Our tour guide, George, and our driver, Hammada, were great. Hammada taught me three words, I can now count 4, 5, & 6, in Arabic (not that I'll ever need to, but I can).
Read oenone's full Pacific Princess cruise review