Grand Cayman Dolphin Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Cayman Dolphin Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a dynamic dolphin swim enclosed in the pristine waters that surround Grand Cayman.
Member Image dsky227@comcast.net
Aug 2016
A lot of people diss this excursion 'cause you can't take your own pictures and hence, if you want photo memories, you have to buy from them... and its true, those photos aren't cheap. Just know that going into the event. We had a fabulous time interacting with the dolphins. I don't have words to adequately describe the opportunity to have that kind of interaction. Booking with RCI was kinda key. To get to Grand Cayman, you have to get on a smaller boat called a tender. RCI gives priority boarding on the tenders to folks who book shore excursions through RCI. It probably didn't matter; but it certainly provided some peace of mind. And getting an early tender allowed us to explore a little bit before the excursion began. We enjoyed getting a coconut from a street vendor who was hacking away at them with a machette. After the dolphin swim, I wanted to go to the turtle farm across the street but the rest of the fam wanted to hang on the beach. So, per the recommendation of someone from dolphin swim (who skateboards like my kid) we went to the Royal Palms Club (or something like that) via public bus. It was $2/pp to get access to the beach, $10/chair and $15/umbrella. I thought it was a little ridiculous. We recognized fellow cruisers there and shared a cab back to the tender.
Read dsky227@comcast.net's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Slmcbride
Jul 2016
The experience was awesome! The picture that were available for purchase was ridiculous in the prices! One 4X6 picture was $38 and to purchase a CD of all pictures was $ 240. We did not buy any pictures at those prices and you are not able to take your own pictures, so we have nothing to remember this excursion. We purchased a soda which cost $3/bottle.
Read Slmcbride's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image davidoh2010@yahoo.com
Good but short.
Read davidoh2010@yahoo.com's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jakeshunny
Jul 2016
Our 12-year old granddaughter did the Deluxe Dolphin Swim and it was wonderful. I highly recommend the top rated choice bc the swimmer gets to experience all the activities with the dolphins plus the group is smaller.
Read Jakeshunny's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: booked at the dolphin swim
Member Image likeitornot777@yahoo.com
Jun 2016
The Dolphin swim is HIGHLY recommended :)
Read likeitornot777@yahoo.com's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image jroberge54@hotmail.com
May 2016
very pleasant experience. Very well maintained facilities and great staff who wanted to make sure that you will enjoy your experience.
Read jroberge54@hotmail.com's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Costco Travel
Member Image JuanitaRogers
May 2016
The Dolphin Swim was the highlight of this entire cruise.
Read JuanitaRogers's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image raleprice
May 2016
Amazing, intimate swim with the dolphins. Expensive, but worth it. Can't take a camera, so had to buy their very pricey photos. Get the CD, bring them all home. They are exceptional pictures
Read raleprice's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image DavenMarz
Apr 2016
Great excursion - belly swim with dolphin was awesome
Read DavenMarz's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image phelp1ma
Jan 2016
The Dolphin Swim and Stingray encounter was awesome but with all the waiting around the excursion will take up all of your time in the port.
Read phelp1ma's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image ommax2
Dec 2015
Other than the usual complaint of price gauging at photo purchase time, it was great!
Read ommax2's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image JChoudhary
Dec 2015
Daughter did this, she really enjoyed it, although the staff there was a bit rude. Because I did not go in the water, it was dirty lagoon water, I got a refund.
Read JChoudhary's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jennywenny
Nov 2015
exciting experience and enjoyed also the sting ray sandbar. beautiful
Read jennywenny's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image IanB74
Aug 2015
After riding a tender from the ship, you take a bus out to Dolphin City. Our excursion did the Stingray Encounter first....so you then get on another boat where they take you out to a shallow spot where the stingrays are and let you off the boat to pet, kiss and get a back rub from a Stingray. We had done a lot of Stingray encounters at Sea Worlds and Zoos we have been to, so other than the back rub, it was "old hat". Still, it was a beautiful spot, and just getting out and swimming in the water was awesome. They have photos for sale, you can get a couple of prints or just get them all e-mailed to you for $60, which sounds like a lot, but continue reading. Then we rode back to Dolphin City for our Dolphin swim. The experience was amazing, a once in a lifetime type thing. You get to pet the Dolphin, touch it's belly, and then it will pull you through the water on it's belly. Very fun, something the kids will always remember. No cameras are allowed, so you have to buy their photos. You can pick and choose the photos you want, or get them all on disk for a whopping $160. I expected to pay an exorbitant amount, but not quite that bad. Of course, I hadn't yet priced photos on the ship at this point, and realized how expensive getting photos of this vacation was going to be! I had promised to get the pictures, though, so I went through with it. Overall, we really enjoyed it, though.
Read IanB74's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image leejero
Jul 2015
Captured dolphins taking pictures kissing and riding with you. Will NOT do this ever again. Feel sad for these dolphins that are captured. Some had scratches on the sides and don't seem happy. They also want you to buy their photos to make more money off you, won't let you take your own photos.
Read leejero's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Rachcamey1
Jul 2015
Dolphins swim was really nice, you get to do a belly ride, touch the Dolphin, and kiss and be kissed from the Dolphins.
Read Rachcamey1's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image hampcb
Jun 2015
Dolphin Discovery Grand Cayman We visited Cayman on Royal Caribbean, I think our visit to Dolphin Discovery was enhanced because we booked it ourselves instead of going through the crise line. The cruise line greatly discourages doing this “you could be left alone”, ect, many other warnings. However we had no problems. Getting a taxi to the location was easy & safe. We arrived well before the tour buses & got to start before the crowds. We stayed ahead of the crowds all day & did not even eat lunch with the crowd. The cost was much cheaper, watch for the specials. Booking it on our own helped us to afford the top dolphin experience package. I found the people at Dolphin Discovery were kind and helpful. I noticed in the gift shop a man with a cane told a clerk he needed to sit, there was not a place to sit anywhere around. I expected her to tell him to find something outside but she gave him her own stool from behind the counter, & then just stood while he sat. I was in there multiple times asking for things, free bag for wet swimsuits, ect, never a problem. At lunch we tried to save a little by just getting two bottles of water for four people, without asking the waitress brought us four cups. The kids loved the snorkeling with the turtles & the dolphin experience, being that close to the dolphins is a once in a lifetime experience. We had read they were overcharging for pictures, but they have come down it seems. We paid $79 for all pictures on a CD plus 2 prints. I thought that was reasonable. This was for two kids, we made sure they knew they were together. Also I took my own pictures and videos, but the ones they took were much better.
Read hampcb's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: attraction web site
Member Image Jasonwipf
Jun 2015
This was expensive but fun. They gave us two rides and a chance to kiss and play with dolphins. Photos were ridiculously expensive. Try to get a friend or family member on land to take pics as they are worth doing.
Read Jasonwipf's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Mommyof3sweetboys
May 2015
I can't even begin to describe how neat it is to touch a real dolphin! Such amazing, intelligent creatures. Something that everyone should experience at least once!
Read Mommyof3sweetboys's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dmindy22@yahoo.com
Apr 2015
My daughter and I had a wonderful time. Discovery cove was pricey, but worth the money and experience. This excursion is a must do at least once in your life. Bring extra money for the pics. They were $140 by themselves.
Read dmindy22@yahoo.com's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tangoangel67
Apr 2015
This excursion was a DREAM COME TRUE! I have always wanted to swim & interact with dolphins and this excursion exceeded all of my expectations! Being able to kiss the dolphin and swim on her belly literally brought tears to my eyes! I definitely want to return and bring our boys to experience this for themselves!
Read tangoangel67's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Amy Natt
Apr 2015
We did a combined sting ray and dolphin cove tour. The trip started out organized, but once we got on the bus it fell apart. There was no real guide. We got dropped at dolphin cove and were let off and not told what to do. So we all sat in the pavilion and waiting. Someone came and let us down a trail where we had to wait in line to take photo's with a bird. My kids were hot and ready to get to the water, so we walked around the line and through a gift shop out to some picnic tables. We asked a couple people what we were supposed to be doing and they just kept saying sit and wait. After about 45 minutes some guys showed up to take us to sting ray bay. We waited another 30 minutes to get everyone on the boat to depart. Once back we asked about lunch (as we were told there would be someplace to eat) and there was nothing, one snack bar with pizza that looked nasty and $4 bags of chips and bottles of water. We than sat and waited another hour to do the dolphin encounter. The dolphins were very cool, but basically very trained to create photo ops to sell photographs. They rushed each person through the 2 poses and would get upset if someone did not turn the right way or smile for the camera. I wish we had skipped this one! It was a long day, very little action and no reasonable food or beverage options. They a long bus ride back.
Read Amy Natt's full Disney Magic cruise review
Member Image jgshively
Mar 2015

Dolphin swim was a lot of fun. Kids loved it. We did one before where we just got to pet the dolphins and it is definitely worth the extra money for the swim. Pictures are were they get you on cost but I think it was worth it.

Read jgshively's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image gertsfshops@gmail.com
Feb 2015
We did the Dolphin encounter, not the swim, very cool experience.
Read gertsfshops@gmail.com's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image barnumrcg10435
Not Rated
Dec 2014

his was the one and only great excursion. Highly recommend. It was 149 per person. This cruise line did not give nearly enough time on land. Really regrettable.

We were a group of six. We did both the dolphin swim and the stingray swim. Fabulous:)

Read barnumrcg10435's full MSC Divina cruise review