Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion Reviews

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cu Chi Tunnels cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the world of the Cu Chi fighters with a visit to this vast network of more than 124 miles of underground tunnels, about 45 miles northwest of Ho Chi Minh City.
Member Image Annie1959
Not Rated
Feb 2013
Again, hard to give this a rating, as an American. They won, they get to write the history. Very interesting, and heard the first comments from my Vietnam veteran say that the nearby shooting sounded like what he experienced. A must see for any devotee of history.
Read Annie1959's full Nautica cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image AussieTex
Oct 2012
We didn't have a chance to get any Vietnamese money (Cruise ship didnt have any) so it limited our experience. The drive there and back was slow and traffic packed. Our first toilet stop was at a facility that only had squat toilets and none of us women had ever used one before. When in rome and all that, but well there were plenty of facilities on the return that had western toilets. A warning would have been nice! Our guide was good and he sang for us! He gave an interesting history about Vietnam especially during the war. The tunnels were an overwhelming experience. My dad was a vietnam vet and seeing the traps that the vietcong made and seeing the propoganda materials they had. That said, I am glad I went. The tunnels that you can crawl through were more claustrophobic than I expected which really gave an idea of how these people lived (And these tunnels were widened for tourists.) On the way there and back you could just see the abject poverty of this country, it was quite sad to see and humbling for a bus load of tourists.
Read AussieTex's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image aussiegirl51
Mar 2012
My husband did this trip and enjoyed himself
Read aussiegirl51's full Costa Classica cruise review
Provider: Costa Cruises
Member Image mostrow
Mar 2012
What a total waste of a full day. Very anti-american and very fake. Not sure this was a disney created place just to show how a few soldiers killed lots of americans and how proud they are about it. Don't do this one.
Read mostrow's full Diamond Princess cruise review