Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Shore Excursions > Cu Chi Tunnels

Experience the world of the Cu Chi fighters with a visit to this vast network of more than 124 miles of underground tunnels, about 45 miles northwest of Ho Chi Minh City.

Annie1959

Again, hard to give this a rating, as an American. They won, they get to write the history. Very interesting, and heard the first comments from my Vietnam veteran say that the nearby shooting sounded like what he experienced. A must see for any devotee of history.

Provider: Oceania Cruises

AussieTex

1 review

We didn't have a chance to get any Vietnamese money (Cruise ship didnt have any) so it limited our experience. The drive there and back was slow and traffic packed. Our first toilet stop was at a facility that only had squat toilets and none of us women had ever used one before. When in rome and all that, but well there were plenty of facilities on the return that had western toilets. A warning would have been nice! Our guide was good and he sang for us! He gave an interesting history about Vietnam especially during the war. The tunnels were an overwhelming experience. My dad was a vietnam vet and seeing the traps that the vietcong made and seeing the propoganda materials they had. That said, I am glad I went. The tunnels that you can crawl through were more claustrophobic than I expected which really gave an idea of how these people lived (And these tunnels were widened for tourists.) On the way there and back you could just see the abject poverty of this country, it was quite sad to see and humbling for a bus load of tourists.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

aussiegirl51

1 review

My husband did this trip and enjoyed himself

Provider: Costa Cruises

mostrow

1 review

What a total waste of a full day. Very anti-american and very fake. Not sure this was a disney created place just to show how a few soldiers killed lots of americans and how proud they are about it. Don't do this one.

Provider: Independent Operator