Grand Cayman Dolphin Encounter Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Grand Cayman Shore Excursions > Dolphin Encounter

This is more than just a swim with the dolphins. Witness fun dolphin behaviors that you will never forget; from handshakes to jumps and kisses, there is no telling what the dolphins will do next!

PeachAero

1 review

On Friday, July 4, we found ourselves in the Grand Caymans. We took a charter to Dolphin Cove. The dolphin encounter was amazing. We were divided into small groups and had a chance to interact with the dolphins. A lot of fun.

After the dolphin encounter, we headed out on a charter to Stingray City. Once anchored, we were able to stand on a sandbar and interact with about 30 stingrays. Incredible creatures. They were very docile and lovable. Wanted to be held like babies. We were able to feel them squid. I was scared about the stingrays at first, but surprisingly enjoyed them over the dolphins. This is the excursion I would do over and over again. 10+

Frugalman

Grandkids liked it.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

Cruselover

This is a must do. We did the 'Dolphin Encounter and Swim' where we were in the water with one dolphin and got to interact 1-on-1 doing several activities. Beautiful and intelligent creatures and a lot of fun. Highly recommend this excursion as it is well organized and at a great facility. The trainers and attendants were great.

Kim Fontaine

1 review

Tour went to the encounter: We were not charged to watched: Enjoyed watching the others participate: Yes would do this again:

Provider: Independent Operator

ercbman

1 review

Cheapest tour we could do that involved little walking. Dolphin show was only a few minutes but well done. Of course a souvenir shop was part of this as well. Went a short distance to the "rum cake" factory which wasn't a factory at all but a retail store that sold Tortuga rum, liquor and rum cakes and gave samples of rum liquor (sweeter than rum itself) and two different rum cakes. Then the trip continued by van to Hell. Nothing with nothing. Some black rock formations that looked volcanic, some crude devil signs and a gift shop (what else) and Hell post office so you can mail a post card from Hell. Should have gone to the beach or taken the submarine tour which I heard was super but much more costly. Must miss this tour if you go to Grand Cayman. The island is clean as a whistle like Bermuda.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Bigorange&crimsoncruiser

Dolphin encounter and beach break. Encounter means you get your picture made with the dolphin and can touch them for a minute or two, nothing like the dolphin encounter in Mexico. That part of this excursion was a waste of time and money. We also had lunch which was a little sandwich, chips, and a can of beer or a few soft drinks, and or water. The beach in Grand Cayman was beautiful and wonderful break in December but the excursion was not worth the money paid. We should have done just the beach break.

dusty1117

1 review

Dolphin Encounter. Lockers to put your clothes. Got in separate pool and touched a stingray. Next different pool to interact with dolphin. We were there for 30 minutes to touch, kiss, held a ball and your hand high so dolphin could touch the ball/hand also. Dolphin did do some tricks. Bathroom and changing facilities available. Pictures very expensive. You buy the CD of your experience or individual pictures. $25 for one picture or $35 for 2.

Provider: Princess Cruises

sonsan1

Much fun. Dolphin pushed me on a boogie board, took me for a ride hanging on to it's flippers, played ball with me, kissed me on my cheek, let me kiss her/him/it. It took placed in a big salt water pool that was clean. The whole facility was nice. Encounter was a nice length and I enjoyed it. Thought it was worth the money. Nice lunch counter with Conch Fritters and cold beer. Downside was the little bus that was provided for transportation. You are crammed onto it and it's overloaded to the point it's uncomfortable. Don't be last on the bus or you will have to sit on a little jump seat that folds down in the aisle.

levandowskij

1 review

Our last excursion on Thursday was the dolphin encounter and stingray city on Grand Caymon Island. What a thrill to feed the stingrays. They are truly gentle giants. The dolphin encounter was everything I wished it would be.

Brummie_Benno

Joint Dolphin Encounter & Stingray swim delivered. Knowledgeable bus driver explained sights en-route. Driving on left comforting! Parrot farm entrance to Dolphinarium unexpected. Only venue provided photography allowed @ $15 per photo. Video much more expensive. Good entertainment.Stingray City by launch from Dolphinarium. Expect a crowded reef with many operators. Waves of Stingrays exhilerating; waterproof camera is a MUST. Operator provided photography available at extra cost.

ILuvDW

Dolphin Encounter at the Turtle Farm - We originally chose the snorkeling, but due to choppy waters and our young son, we switched to the dolphin encounter. It was awesome to interact with the dolphin for sure, but the turtle part was a little boring. I guess I just don't care much about turtles in tanks. I think it is very pricey for what it is, but all the dolphin excursions seem to be that way, plus they do not allow you to take your own photos, but they have a photographer there catching your every move if you want to buy their pricey photos.

RJAYL

Good time picked this for my youngest who was too young when we did it in Acapulco!

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

auburn-cruiser

1 review

Beautiful, relaxing day and dolphins were amazing!

tragone

1 review

The dolphin encounter was fun but getting to the port was a pain

FirstTimeCruiser87

1 review

This was a fun excursion - the ride over from the port was very quick (~20 minutes), and we loved playing and swimming with our dolphin. We were split in groups of ~12 people so you had to wait for your turn with the dolphin for each little activity we did with him, but it moved quickly and watching the others was fun. Afterwards we looked at and played with some turtles. My one huge complaint about this excursion was PHOTOS. They ensured that you could not take a single photo of your dolphin experience, even if you had a waterproof camera. Then, they charged $100 for photos!!!! That's almost as much as the excursion itself! So we ended up not having any photos of our experience.

Provider: Holland America Line

SPFisnew2cruising

1 review

We were a little disappointed that our whole excursion didn't happen. We chose the dolphin encounter with the sting rays. Unfortunately due to being late, and the weather, the sting ray encounter was cancelled. NCL was very good about it and credited us back that portion of our prepaid excursion. The dolphins were very cute and we loved every minute of it.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

photographergirl

1 review

We arrived an hour ahead of schedule, and it showed. Neither the crew, nor the ship, nor the shops on shore were ready. And the power went out just before we walked onto the elevator. It flickered out several times more...we took the stairs. After we were on shore, we saw black smoke pour out of the stack for a few minutes, then everything seemed to be fine. This port and city were our favorite. We enjoyed the island as a whole, and really soaked up the modern, island feel. Everyone seemed to have that lackadaisical, no worries attitude...precisely what we wanted our Caribbean escape to be. We did the dolphin excursion/stingray city excursion. They were both great, well run, and oh so fun! We are considering a vacation just to Grand Cayman.

AndrewSchwark

1 review

Highly recommend this is soo awesome! My wife and I loved it. Well worth the money.