Nassau Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Nassau Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dip into Nassau's beautiful waters to catch a glimpse of the spectacular coral reefs hidden just below the surface. Snorkeling provides access to this unforgettable underwater world without the difficulty and training necessary for full on scuba.
Member Image Nantuckerin
Mar 2016
We booked the Seahorse Snorkeling excursion, which included a catamaran ride before and after time in the water. It was the perfect way to spend the day in Nassau. The water was crystal clear, and we saw lots of fish, including some huge starfish. Our guide, Lisa, was very personable and made the experience lots of fun.
Read Nantuckerin's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Kao2293
Jan 2016
Great tour and staff. Not a whole lot of fish but maybe the time of year? Rum punch was great.
Read Kao2293's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image kkerr1313
Jan 2016
It was a very nice weather day for this activity and all seemed to enjoy. The reef they let us out at was not that great but still saw many fish.
Read kkerr1313's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image mayj1209
Jan 2016
We thought being on catamaran would be fun but it didn't sail, they used the motor. It wasn't that nice of a reef and wasn't worth it.
Read mayj1209's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image LuckyBill
Nov 2015
Water was glass, the crew were great and patient and we had a ball!
Read LuckyBill's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image 757beachgirl
Oct 2015
We did the "SNUBA" with Stuarts Cove. The exact same trip can be booked through Carnival. In fact, almost everyone on our trip had booked through Carnival and were from our ship. The excursion through Carnival was full so I booked through Viator (which is just a middle man) to do the exact same trip. We were picked up at the same place and everything else was identical. The price was about the same as well. The bus ride to Stuarts Cove is a lot longer then I had anticipated. Probably 30 minutes or more. Once you actually get to Stuarts Cove, you have register, watch a safety video, get outfitted for your gear and load up the boat. The boat ride to the snuba spot is about 10 minutes. Only two groups of four can SNUBA at a time so we had a full group and several of us snorkeled while waiting our turn for the SNUBA gear. That was really great and the water was beautifully clear. When it was our turn to SNUBA, we were all set to get right to it, but my regulator had a leak. By the time, I had convinced my husband and the operator (who by the way was with us, helping us the whole time) of the problem and that I was not just "doing it wrong" we had drifted very far from the boat. Then we had to swim back toward the boat to switch out the faulty gear. All this done, and there was not as much time as I had hoped to actaully do the SNUBA. It takes time to get used to the water pressure and your ears hurt bad as you descend. Fortunately, our guides were SUPER patient and took us down very, very slowly allowing us to acclimate as we went. We touched the bottom of the ocean floor and looked around for a few minutes. Then our oxygen tanks were low and we had to return. I would definitely do this excursion again now that I feel like I know what I am doing and know what to expect. I cannot say enough good things about the crew and staff at Stuart's Cove. Pleasant, patient, caring, wanted to educate and make sure you had a good time.
Read 757beachgirl's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Stuart's Cove
Member Image Ipdmickey
Aug 2015
Before the excursion we went into the town to shop but was met with extremely aggressive merchants that yelled and screamed to get our attention. The number of merchants yelling at us was astounding and actually reversed our moods from great to pissed off. We went back to the ship for a beer to calm down from the aggressive locals but then went on our excursion. We chose to snorkel and the boat was pretty close to our ship. We took a nice boat ride and was given some island info from the tour guide before we reached the snorkel area. We were given an hour to snorkel and the equipment was fine. We did discover that an hour is a bit long and wished that we went to a different area to snorkel new stuff but overall we had fun. We got back on the boat (and everyone knows that you get RUM!) Um, they charged us $5 for this shot glass size of rum punch. I have never been charged for a rum drink after an excursion. Obviously we decided to wait and get a free drink on the ship since we had purchased the Ultimate Drink Package. The captain drove us back to the ship but, instead of docking where we left from, he docked it at Senior Frogs. Which required us to WALK THOUGH THE MADNESS AGAIN!!!!! This is not a short walk and I am never mad at having to walk even if it's far but this was just stupid. They really should have given us free rum so that we could handle the walk back to our boat. That seems like the right thing to do.
Read Ipdmickey's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image SvenL
Aug 2015
seahorse snorkel very good
Read SvenL's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: orbitz
Member Image heatherdw
Jul 2015
This excursion was a great choice in what I would otherwise consider to be a "meh" port.
Read heatherdw's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Eeyore1962
Jul 2015
Seahorse Sail and Snorkeling. What a great excursion. We sailed for about 30 mins. out to a reef and spent an hour in the water snorkeling. We saw a ton of fish and sea life, even a stingray. Would recommend it and definitely do it again.
Read Eeyore1962's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Etalk
Jul 2015
Snorkeling at Rainbow Reef was a lot of fun!
Read Etalk's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dreadnw
Jul 2015
Beautiful water. Not much to see.
Read dreadnw's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image avamae517
Apr 2015
This was with the same tour folks that handled the kayaks. They were very helpful and thorough giving us instructions on what to do. The gentleman on the boat was also very entertaining telling us stories about the area and pointing out the homes of the wealthy and famous folk on the island.
Read avamae517's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image BarbeeDianna
Apr 2015
4 out of my party of 7 went. They were satisfied. They did not see a whole lot but since it was their first time they were happy enough. They were happy so that was good enough for me
Read BarbeeDianna's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image BrianTheCruiserMaster
Apr 2015
Nice boats,....fun time. Went to two locations and then sightseeing around Paradise Island. Also went past Atlantis and saw the hotel.
Read BrianTheCruiserMaster's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Island Charters
Member Image gazuccio
Mar 2015
Not a very nice experence...never again don't waste your money nothing to see...and expensive with free punch big deal...trust me you will be disappointed
Read gazuccio's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Chac31
Mar 2015
We took a catamaran out to a small reef area. It was not a long ride. We enjoyed snorkeling and saw lots of fish. The rum punch was a nice way to end the excursion. It also left is plenty of time to walk around town & the straw market. We bargained for lower prices.
Read Chac31's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image msbrookelyn
Mar 2015
Seahorse Sail and Snorkel. Very nice staff. Always good to plan with the cruiseline in Nassau. I should have really read the description. It is a 45 minute trip to the snorkel site. and 45 back. Gear was in great condition, rum punch was served and saw lots of fish.
Read msbrookelyn's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Ninkap11
Mar 2015
Enjoyed very much, however did not get to spend enough time there, we were the second to last ship to arrive and first to leave, or at least the second ship to leave.
Read Ninkap11's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image temj1964
Mar 2015

nice snorkeling, not to far away from ship, good equipment, staff helpful but not too pushy. perfect length, fun to do but you won't use a whole day. highly recommended

Sad to see the famous straw market turn into a bunch of stalls pushing mass produced crap. I was first there 35 years ago when it was full of authentic weavers making beautiful hats, fans, art, etc. . a damn shame.

Read temj1964's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image starfish216
Mar 2015

Disembarkation/embarkation in ports was easy as long as everyone had their Sea Pass Card out.

Nassau we did the ships Rainbow Reef Snorkeling Excursions for late morning. It was great. Easy on and off the ship. The boat operator picks you up at the end of the dock in Nassau but drops you off at the end of town (several blocks away) upon return. My guess is that the Port of Nassau wants you to walk past their stores and Straw Market to return to the ship. The excursion was great, boat was clean, staff was friendly and we saw some colorful fish. The only negative about this is the way we exited the boat…you climbed out onto the ledge of the sea wall that's about a foot wide….not very safe. It was fine for us, we just stepped over the sea wall. But I could imagine it may more difficult for some others.

Read starfish216's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image adnorm08
Feb 2015

Nassau is a favorite port of mine! We decided to snorkel while we were there and took the Seahorse Sail and Snorkel excursion. We docked in Nassau about 1:00pm and got off the boat and our excursion started at 2pm. We got on a very nice sail boat and it was about a 45 minute ride out to where they took us to snorkel. It was SO clear and we could see everything as soon as we jumped in the water without going underneath. We got to snorkel freely for one hour and then got back on the boat and they gave away free rum punch as we sailed back to the ship. Very good experience and would definitely do it again.
Once back at port, we walked to some shops before they closed. As they closed at 6:00, which was a little disappointing considering our ship was there until 11:45pm! However, we had a great time in Nassau!

Read adnorm08's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Momcat6511
Jan 2015

Great views of coral reef and tour of famous dwellings on way back. Ran out of Rum. How does that happen?

Read Momcat6511's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image TheBeatnik
Jan 2015

We went on the "Seahorse Sail and Snorkel" excursion. It was the only one we went on all cruise. I wasn't sure about excursions, so I wanted to try just one on my first cruise. For $50, they took us on a 30 minute catamaran ride out to a coral reef, where we snorkeled. They provided the gear. Then they turned on club music on the way back and served unlimited rum punch. I think we were only couple that tried to push our limit on the unlimited part ;) I wanted to get my money's worth.

After that we went to the beach, which was amazing. Caught a cab there and back. The same cab driver told me he would be back and he came back. Its a good thing he did, because he had my wallet! I left it in his car by mistake. But he was honest and didn't take anything.

Read TheBeatnik's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image DSL22
Nov 2014

As we were unprepared to visit Nassau we felt uneasy about scheduling an excursion that we hadn't had a chance to research. We spent countless hours planning all of excursions before we cruised. royal offered very few options since this was a last minute change in the itinerary. We chose the Seahorse Sail and Snorkel Adventure. This excursion was a joke. The locals weren't prepared for the amount of cruisers that had booked this. This excursion was very disorganized. After waiting on the pier for a long time, we walked a short way to where the boat was docked. Once on board, we found out There wasn't enough equipment for everyone, so they took us to another operator to get enough equipment. This took over 30 minutes! No explanation, we just sat at some dock waiting until they could gather enough equipment. The catamaran was in poor condition. Definitely in need of repairs. The boat wasn't clean. The ride out to the reef was long and relaxing. When we arrived at the reef, no instructions were given. In fact, the crew rarely communicated anything with the passengers. They gave adult life vests to the children. After complaining, they went down below and brought up several kids vests. Seriously? Risking children's safety? As for sailing? The crew attempted to put the sails up on the way back but left the motor on the whole way. Overall, this snorkeling trip was disappointing and I would not recommend this excursion.

Read DSL22's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review