Nassau Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Nassau Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dip into Nassau's beautiful waters to catch a glimpse of the spectacular coral reefs hidden just below the surface. Snorkeling provides access to this unforgettable underwater world without the difficulty and training necessary for full on scuba.
Member Image macmancape
Dec 2016
SEAHORSE TOUR: Usual catamaran snorkel trip. Daughter went into the water but we were still tired from our long trip of the previous day so just enjoyed the ride on the water. Nice lady on the boat pointed out Oprah Winfrey's home on the water, the one with several tall arches. She didn't wave :)
Read macmancape's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image airolsen
Dec 2016
Great deal for the money
Read airolsen's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image msonstein
Dec 2016
The crew was not very engaging. They didn't seem to want to be there, and acted as if the entire trip was interfering with their day. They were not friendly at all. We boated for about an hour, and the sea was so rough, the captain finally just call it all off. We did get a full refund for the excursion.
Read msonstein's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Kaseyjoness
Dec 2016
We booked the Snuba through Stuart Cove's. Neither of us had snorkeled before but were comfortable swimming in the ocean. This proved to be a poor decision. My husband was not able to regulate his breathing and returned to the boat after about 10 minutes. Though I was able to swim, my mask was foggy and I was unable to see anything. I had read other reviews remarking on the patience of the guides. While we found them to be friendly and polite, I was a little disappointed to feel rushed. I think this was largely because you swim in groups of 4 and the other 2 were more experienced, but it was still disappointing.
Read Kaseyjoness's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image COOKINGYO
Dec 2016
Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling. It was around three hours. The catamaran left the dock and sailed for around 45 minutes. You were allowed to snorkel around a decent reef. Then on the way back we were given a rum beverage. The ship made a stop at Margaritaville on Paradise Island where some passengers got off, later we had a great view of the five ships in port and we were dropped off on the main drag in town.
Read COOKINGYO's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image nursielee
Dec 2016
Rainbow Reef Snorkel Tour: Loved it! Beautiful fish and coral, fairly short boat ride from the cruise pier. 1 hour time period to snorkel is extremely adequate.
Read nursielee's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image baileymouse
Dec 2016
We chose the Rainbow Reef snorkeling excursion and it was wonderful! We had a half hour boat ride out to the reef, and instructions on how to use the equipment. We went off the boat. The staff were very helpful and did their best to keep everyone happy. We saw a beautiful array of fish, and I'm just sorry I didn't borrow my daughter's Go Pro because the view was breathtaking. This excursion is really worth it!
Read baileymouse's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MillbrookMom
Dec 2016
"Rainbow reef snorkel". Took a large double decker boat out to a reef at the opposite end of the harbour. Roughly an hour of snorkeling with tons of fish (they feed them). Tour of the harbour on the way back to the ship.
Read MillbrookMom's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image LDI
Dec 2016
The water was very clear. Saw lots of fish, sponges, coral and some large snails. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Read LDI's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DarrinM
Dec 2016
Good value and nice ocean swim. Boat on the way there was up and down! Take some gravol.
Read DarrinM's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mlmahler5004
Dec 2016
Great value at $29. Boat was serviceable, not fancy. Reef was a bit bleached out but still had lots of tropicals. Equipment was new and good quality. Overall, a pleasant boat ride and snorkel experience for thirty bucks!
Read Mlmahler5004's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jgnova
Nov 2016
Good trip - crew explained all about the process for using snorkel and getting off/on boat. My only problem was that I had never snorkeled from a boat and was uncomfortable getting my mask in position when I couldn't stand on the beach.
Read jgnova's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hirro
Nov 2016
Staff didn't add any value to the trip, didn't show or explain anything in the water and the reef was dead.
Read hirro's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rehusk1
Oct 2016
Loved it, easy to find and great workers. Good rum punches included after the snorkel on the way back to the ship.
Read rehusk1's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image Downpayment
Oct 2016
Great group of people! Had a first timer and they did awesome explaining everything.
Read Downpayment's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image smstaf1
Oct 2016
While it was somewhat understandable that the island was still dealing with the effects of Hurricane Matthew, is seemed inexcusable why we were still allowed to attempt the excursion. First, the excursion staff seemed totally unprepared for the number of guests booked from the 3 ships that were in port. They decided to pile everyone (approximately 75-100 passengers) onto one catamaran to "sail" to the snorkeling location. Prior to leaving the port, the operator had to obtain enough equipment from a second boat in order for everyone to have both goggles/snorkels and flippers. Second, they had no refreshments available on board at the time they picked everyone up. Again, due to the proximity of how recently the hurricane hit, it is understandable that bottled water was scarce on the island, but to have nothing seems like poor preparation. After the equipment was all loaded aboard the one boat, we were taken to a fuel dock so the staff could get a water cooler to fill with water for the passengers to drink. Third, and probably most importantly, once we finally reached the location we were to be snorkeling, we were told the water was too cloudy (again due to the recent storm) and would not be allowed to get in the water. We were then brought back to town and dropped off and told we would need to contact our cruise staff regarding any refunds (which we later found out that the cruise line was told by the snorkeling operator that everything went fine). To me, it would have made sense for the company operating the excursion to send someone to the snorkeling site to verify the conditions in the morning before we boarded the catamaran rather than wasting over 2 hours of our time in port.
Read smstaf1's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image TickledBlue
Sep 2016
Rainbow reef was beautiful and had a good number of fish. The tour was pretty basic but it was very reasonably priced. Wouldn't recommend for a first time snorkle, go on a catamaran sail/snorkle tour with fewer people, more personalized service.
Read TickledBlue's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jesterjax
Sep 2016
The boat of sadness, booked this outside the gates for less, but it was the same excursion that NCL had booked folks on for SUP and glass bottom kayak. Old boat, motored out to Athol Island, very little living reef. The gear was old junk, I should have brought my own gear which was on the ship. Super cheap, common water from a jug, not bottled, they gave you a plastic cup, and reminded you to keep it if you wanted refills. Drinks were rum punch for $5 on the way back, but no one bothered. They had us sit in the blazing sun with no shade on the top deck on the way out to listen to the guys safety talk, and get a harbor tour of the rich and famous houses. Who cares! It's hot! Most folks wanted to get back into the shade on the first deck. While snorkeling, I saw what I later identified when I got home from my video as a Remora, which swam past about 5 feet away, looked like a shark. People said it looked like a baby barracuda, in any event it was a bit frightening. One of the "Lifeguards" said it was a baby nurse shark, and did I want to hold it, I guess that would be great fun for him, because they like to stick on to people, which would really have freaked someone out! The only quality thing I've ever done in Nassau was Blue Lagoon island, swimming with Dolphins. Versus every other experience, I'd rather stay on the ship, the stop is really quite depressing.
Read jesterjax's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Festa
Member Image heit0068
Aug 2016
Beautiful fish and coral reef. Very reasonably priced. Bathrooms available on the little boat taking you out to the reef. Friendly guides who offer chips and drinks for purchase on the way back.
Read heit0068's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pamela36
Aug 2016
I didn't think I'd be snorkeling in the Atlantis Hotel's fishtank. I actually thought it would be in a protected reef area on the Atlantis property somewhere. It was good, but wasn't as big as I would have liked. The Atlantis employee who stayed with us the entire time talked about the different types of fish and sharks and showed us a shark egg. He was very nice.
Read Pamela36's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image scipriani
Aug 2016
We picked this to snorkel with sharks. Only got to see two, but still very cool.
Read scipriani's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Stuart Cove
Member Image 2hot2cruise
Aug 2016
reasonably well run. Number of people made it a challenge to enjoy the reef, but by recognizing the novices and entering the water first, swimming away from the boat and staying away from other folks it was a good trip
Read 2hot2cruise's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image RtisticMe
Aug 2016
Rode for about an hour to diving area. Once everyone was in the water, it was a little crowded. Snorkeled for about an hour, then an hour ride back. If you are prone to sea sickness, take your meds. This boat travels slowly and rocks quite a bit.
Read RtisticMe's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dwayneh
Lots of fun!
Read dwayneh's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image jfelliott@live.com
Aug 2016
Two reef snorkel by boat -- excellent staff and experience!
Read jfelliott@live.com's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review