Nassau Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Nassau Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dip into Nassau's beautiful waters to catch a glimpse of the spectacular coral reefs hidden just below the surface. Snorkeling provides access to this unforgettable underwater world without the difficulty and training necessary for full on scuba.
Member Image TMW67
Oct 2014

We did the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure. We were picked up by their air conditioned bus & took a 45 min. ride to Stuart Cove. The tour guides were very friendly & outgoing. They took us out to the most BEAUTIFUL water I have ever seen in my LIFE! We went to 2 spots to snorkel & saw quiet a bit of fish & beautiful coral formation's & even saw a HUGE manna ray! The last spot we went to they dropped a bait box down & we got to snorkel above sharks! So serial! We all got back in the boat & they pulled the bait box up & then the sharks were right there at the surface for us to see them up close & personal! AWESOME experience!

Read TMW67's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Provider: Stuart Cove
Member Image ladyjanet1
Oct 2014

Very long walk to the catamaran but was well worth it. Package was called sail and snorkel. About 60 of us took a 45 minute boat ride to a reef. We swam with the fishiness for about 1 1/2 hours and enjoyed a yummy rum punch on the return trip. Had a great time and hope some day I can do it again. Cost was $60 booking through Carnival. I wonder if it would be less expensive to book direct.

Read ladyjanet1's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Lynn H
Sep 2014

Mark, our tour guide Mark was great! We ended up being the only 2 on the boat for the snorkeling excursion. By the way its $55 for 2 hours! Well worth it! Our first spot we stopped at we snorkeled for 20 mins and then he took us to a larger reef where we stayed for 45 mins. I freaked out once in the water at the 2nd spot because we had a TON of fish come up to us! I asked him was that normal and he said yes "our fish are very friendly on the islands". He was right, they swam with us the whole time, it was something that I have never experienced before! When we were done he took us around Paradise Island and tru Atlantis where the yachts are kept. Then we headed back. He was very professional and friendly. It is a family owned company. I would book again with this company!

Read Lynn H's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Kao2293
Sep 2014

Great snorkeling trip on the Sweetie Pie! Definitely recommend. Great crew. Plenty of time in the water. LOTS of awesome fish!!

Read Kao2293's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image nscates08
Aug 2014

Offered as part of the Catamaran excursion. Snorkeling was fun and offered mediocre view of sea life. Reefs were in decent shape.

Also, your ship is only at port for 8 hours. So don't try to do anything too complicated.

Read nscates08's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image tmdl20
Aug 2014

In Nassau, we booked our own excursion with Stuart's Cove. I'd found them on Trip Advisor. I did not have to prepay. They picked us up an hour and fifteen minutes after we arrived, at 12:15, right near the ship, and dropped us off two hours before departure at 6pm in the same spot. We snorkelled at two different reefs, which were amazing, and then went to a third spot to snorkel with reef sharks. That was something I will never forget! The excursion cost $258 total for the four of us, which was way cheaper than most Carnival excursions would cost, so I highly recommend them.

Read tmdl20's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Stuart's Cove
Member Image doglover3336
Aug 2014

Catamaran and snorkling tour was really fun and the reef we went to was beautiful. the crew wasn't friendly or helpful and safety was lacking but we had a good time.

Read doglover3336's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image sandykj
Apr 2014

We went to an area called Rainbow Reef. It was about a 40 minute boat ride to the area and we were given 1 hour to snorkel. It was fun, reasonable and the water was PERFECT!

Read sandykj's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image *Luv2Cruz*
Mar 2014

Had no plans and booked last minute. I bumped into one of my solo lounge friends who was also snorkeling and we had a great time during our excursion and continued our great time till late at night. I really enjoyed that day and I thank you Kim!!!!

Read *Luv2Cruz*'s full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image CHM0716
Mar 2014

Nassau gave me very mixed opinions about that port. When you get off the boat, you are hassled from taxi drivers who want to offer you a ride to take you to Atlantis and Paradise Island. While they seemed relatively harmless, it's not exactly what I want to experience as I come off the ship. The straw market also had many merchants who also hassled you. Some of the merchandise was interesting, like the hand carved decorations. We purchased one of these simply because the man selling them was actually outside making them, so we were able to see that they were truly made by locals. That being said, there were many merchants who were selling cheap t-shirts. When I say cheap, I mean cheap in quality and not in price.

We did a snorkeling excursion, which I honestly enjoyed. It was not anything special, but for a $25 snorkeling trip, I feel like we received a lot for our money. A small boat piled in a large number of people and handed everyone a sanitized snorkel and goggles. You also received a very basic life jacket and flippers that were nothing special, but did their jobs. The boat took us out to a coral reef away from the main island. We were able to see many different types of fish and coral. Again, nothing extravagant but very interesting. We were able to spend about 30 minutes in the water, which honestly was enough time. Some may think it was short, but 30 minutes was plenty of time to swim around and look at the coral. We went in March, and the waters were fairly cold. However, it was not too cold to swim in. Our guides were great. On the way back to the main port, there was a tour guide that also provided a tour of the area showing us different celebrity houses in the are. At the end, he did ask for money as a tip. We did not give him any even though he was great. We simply did not ask for his service, so we did not feel the need to give anything.

Later that evening, us and our friends decided to check out Señor Frogs. It was a little crowded and hectic, but they had really good drinks. However, keep in mind that Nassau turns very sketchy at night. There are still military officers on the main strip. However, we were still approached by a man trying to sale us drugs. There were also some passengers that were caught trying to bring drugs back on the boat, which got them in trouble with both Royal Caribbean and the Nassau officials. I'm still unsure of what happened about that situation.

Nassau does offer discounted alcohol. We saw prices, and they were fairly good compared to American prices. We were not interested in buying bottles of alcohol to take back to the States, so I cannot vouch for my experience with that.

Read CHM0716's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nursetammy
Jan 2014

Basically - the description for snorkel the ruins of Atlantis is misleading . We snorkeled in the fish tank - in man made ruins with some nice fish but please don't charge me a lot to swim in a fish tank in front of everyone viewing the tank below in Atlantis. Most embarrassing thing ever - we hated it. This should be stopped .

Read Nursetammy's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image joeandheidi
Nov 2013

Captain Angelo of Bahamas water tours was awesome! We went snorkeling and he fed the fish so there were more fish then I had ever seen. Make sure you get out and about here the people are friendly and there are so many cool things to do!

Read joeandheidi's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Mr.cruiser753
Aug 2013
The reef was beautiful and the catamaran sailboat was a pleasure to ride on except the fact they didn't put up their sails after leaving the port. The snorkel gear they provided was clean and sterile
Read Mr.cruiser753's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image live2vayk
Aug 2013

Boarded a Catamaran that took us out over a reef to snorkel. Good experience.

Read live2vayk's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image decemberpsyche
Jun 2013

Snorkeling was ok. Of course it rained. I had issues with my equipment, and had to trade it out, second set was better but still not good enough for me to truly enjoy the experience. My mask leaked and I was always having to empty it. My son loved it. He was one of the last ones back on the boat. Great rum punch for the trip back.

Read decemberpsyche's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image sbake718
Jun 2013

Didn't love this. Very short time in the water, probably not worth the money.

Read sbake718's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image LKE34491
May 2013

Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling - NSE6. $49pp and well worth the cost. We enjoyed this excursion. They provided all necessary equipment.

Read LKE34491's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image chrryslsh
Mar 2013
This tour was very different than the other snorkel tour we took earlier in the week. the boat was run down. kinda dirty. no refreshments were offered on the way out to the snorkel spot. no instructions given. a waiver was passed out basically stating that no matter what happened they were not responsible. if you were drowning they would/could not help you. if they were negligent.. too bad.. you could not sue them and they wanted us to sign it.. I signed it but I also crossed off the part that said I would not sue them if they were negligent. the snorkeling was good. only because I love to snorkel and know how. we only got to snorkel about 40 minutes. It was fairly cold so that was OK. on the way back they did provide some rum punch but OMG it was the worst tasting stuff ever. I like to drink but I don't drink just to drink. I could not stomach that stuff. I would not recommend this excursion at all.
Read chrryslsh's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image t9728th
Mar 2013
Despite the weather being a bit brisk the catamaran cruise was very nice. Very friendly crew and the "special" rum punch (added gold rum) on the return to port was a good kick start to the day. The boat leaves from Nassau almost directly in front of Senor Frogs. If you're travelling with 18+ year olds I would recommend a stop for lunch and drinks.
Read t9728th's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image therearenowords2002
Feb 2013
We booked a snorkeling trip through Barefoot Cruises since two of the children were under 10 and the cruiseline wouldn't let them snorkel. Our captain Travis was wonderful. Great snorkeling, weak rum punch.
Read therearenowords2002's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Barefoot Cruises
Member Image Clovisina
Feb 2013
Went on a catamaran and snorkeling - unlimited punch, fun! Senor Frogs was the most fun - you have to go there!
Read Clovisina's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Amber88
Jan 2013
We booked Barefoot Sailing Cruises and they did not show up for us, so we ended up on a snorkeling trip through a hotel and it was ok.
Read Amber88's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Harpo
Jan 2013
We've been to Nassau several times, so the snorkel excursion was a good way to spend time with the family. The snorkeling was OK, not great.
Read Harpo's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image ccoppola83
Beautiful!
Read ccoppola83's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image gabbygal99
Dec 2012
We booked with Stuart Cove Dive Shop. Snorkeling in 3 places - once over a coral bed, once over a staged airplane crash from one of the 'Jaws' movies, and once with sharks. It was wonderful.
Read gabbygal99's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Spheers
Nov 2012
A good reef with clear water taken there by a sturdy catamaran. The harbor views were very nice. They too provided a nice Bahama punch. I had to walk a few miles to shake off the punch of the punch.
Read Spheers's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Member Image *Luv2Cruz*
Awesome
Read *Luv2Cruz*'s full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Stuarts Cove
Member Image MrBanana1240
Nov 2012
We saw so much! SeaFun is amazing!
Read MrBanana1240's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Sraz
Oct 2012
Catamaran and Snorkeling need I say more!!! My kids loved sailing on the nets just over the water and the fish were beautiful. They even had food to feed the fish if you wanted a more up close experience.
Read Sraz's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image JMCruising
Oct 2012
We did the Catamaran and snorkeling. The boat ride was a little long but fun. It was cloudy and the seas were a little rough when we were in the water. Our pics didn't come out too good but not the excursions fault! The reef is pretty simple. There are plenty of fish to see, but mostly the same few types. It was my first time snorkeling so I loved it. And the rum punch is rum with a splash of punch! We also went to Senor Frogs. What a character that place is. A constant party and you cant help but have fun. I did not like the straw market at all. I felt uncomfortable and didn't want to even look to buy anything. Just went in and out. Nassau seems like a nice place even if a little crowded.
Read JMCruising's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image bcsinger25
Sep 2012
We were at a reef next to Rose Island. Had a good time, but not the best reef on the island. Less fish than usual. Still a good time on the catamaran "Sweetie Pie."
Read bcsinger25's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image So St. Louis
Sep 2012
Nassau - we did the Catamaran sail and snorkel tour. The tour guides were very friendly and the sip was a lot bugger than I expected ( I think we had about 40) It takes about 30 minutes to get to the reef, but you have a lot of beautiful scenery to see so in addition to a zoom lens camera for that you may want to buy a disposable water proof camera as well. You get to see Atlantis and I can tell you the pictures on TV don't do it just based on what we saw from afar. The place is BIG. The reef is beautiful. We had some folks on board who were scared because they couldn't swim very well - no worries. They give everyone life jackets(mandatory) and flippers if you want them. They were able to participate worry free. So many beautiful fish to see. They serve a rum punch as you sail back - and it's a party atmosphere. When we got back to the dock we ate some local foods at a small restaurant then found a cowboy hat I'd been looking for but could never find anywhere. Great fun!
Read So St. Louis's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image CMM
Aug 2012
Carnival gave us a choice for a refund since it was thundering. We opted out and appreciated the offer. It turned out to be a nice day. Our loss. Walked instead to Junkaboo beach. It was an easy 10 minute walk past Senor Froggs and the HIlton. This beach had tons of glass in the water! Drugs were at the stand and we did not feel comfortable or relaxed there. Very small public beach. If I went again I would snorkel or pass for a day pass. We went to the straw market and shopped in town. The straw market is hot and the people don't want to take no for an aswer. Made us uncomfortable. A lady on the ship had her hair braided and they charged her $3 a braid and they did 38. So it was well over $100 for half her head! Be careful and get a full price for the job before they start. My husband took my 18 year old into Senor Froggs not knowing what type of place it was. Poor judgement. They singled him out since he sat motionless. The DJ got the whole place chanting his name and said if he did a napkin dance on the table the whole place would get free drinks. He was horrified. Husband talked the guy into letting him do it so the pressure would be off our son. So from what I hear my husband who never dances did a napkin dance. Not a great choice.
Read CMM's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Vistar
Aug 2012
This was a large group experience. Our group was combined in the water with another 30 or so snorkelers and that made the water crowded over a small reef. It would rate as a good first time experience. There is a changing room/head available on the dive boat. Be sure to check out a pool towel from the ship before leaving. Take this with you unless you want to air dry. Good quality mask, snorkel and fins are provided. Some brought their own equipment, but this was unnecessary. An inflatable vest is provided for bouancy. You can deflate and dive if you wish. The reef depth is 12 feet. It's not much of a reef.
Read Vistar's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ariesmom
Aug 2012
Great time on catamaran and snorkling with a great, fun bunch of guides. Only down fall??? The hike to the catamaran, and running the gauntlet of hawkers on the way back to the sip.
Read ariesmom's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image brdrawn
Jun 2012
IF I had it to do over again, I would have snorkeled in Freeport and spent my time in Nassau touring the forts or historic areas. My husband and I had never snorkeled before, but the guides provided excellent instruction and even helped attract the fish. On the way back from the snorkel area, the guides pointed out the famous houses along the river. The city was pleasant to walk around and overall felt safe. There are TON's of independent tour operators waiting around the cruise depot area that will offer all kinds of things. We did not choose to do any of these, but many travelers did. There were 5 boats total in port the day we were there so lots of people to compete with. Overall this was my favorite stop.
Read brdrawn's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image cruisingtheocean
Jun 2012
The weather was not cooperating on the day we snorkeled; however, I was there and I was going to do it. The water was not calm and very choppy. I still had a great time and understand that no one can control the weather!
Read cruisingtheocean's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image seabeeknox1
May 2012
This excursion was awesome, we had an early time to meet, 8:15 the shuttle was already there, after a 30 minute ride in which we got to see alot of nassau, we got to Stuarts cove, once we got the gear we needed it took about 20-30 minutes to get everyone aboard and get going the first two spots we snorkeled were AMAZING!!! We only got to stay in about 30 minutes but it was so beautiful and saw alot of fish, the shark stop was actually a little lame but my son loved it, they drop a box of dead fish and the sharks circle it, was pretty cool to see the sharks though a few were 6-8 feet at least! The guides were very very good and didnt bother us with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, only said something about tips at the end, made sure we tipped them well for a great day. We got back to ship showered changed and went shopping unfortunatly it was labor day on the island and alot of the nicer shops were closed, the straw market was ok, although getting accosted every time we turned around got old. Having said that I got some neat little trinkets and stuff for my daughter she was happy when we left. We walked around the city some and then went back to ship, took alot of pics nassau was really fun!
Read seabeeknox1's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image FourthBorn
May 2012
Snorkeling was on a sailboat catamaran. Great times! Water clear, saw beautiful neon blue fish, perfect except a storm came up and we had to get out of water early. Boat's bathroom toilet was backed up, too. Rum punch was great, so didn't notice the bathroom smell on way back to Nassau!
Read FourthBorn's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image Mimajo
Way too crowded for us
Read Mimajo's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image twobacks
May 2012
We met the boat at the dock and were taken to an area to snorkel. It was very enjoyable.
Read twobacks's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Carolinagurl81
Mar 2012
Different environment that's for sure, a little crowed, awesome sites to see, enjoyed the snorkeling excursion, I would however suggest if you choose it to bring ur own equipment instead of using theirs, friendly people for the most part...Average prices at shops and restaurants...
Read Carolinagurl81's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image CruisingCher
Mar 2012
I was a little worried at first due to the number of people on the trip (109 plus crew on a boat that says max passengers is 100)but the "Yes Dear" was a big girl and there was plenty of room for everyone (a little tight in a few places.) Once we got to the reef aptly named Rainbow Reef we donned our gear and jumped in. The water is chilly in March but once you are in and you see the world below you forget all about it until you realize 40 min later that your hands are like ice. We have been on other snorkel trips before but never had I seen something this beautiful. There were so many different types of fish that every where we looked we were seeing something new. There were 6 inch neon blue fish up to 3+ foot groupers (they were monsterous and magnificent) I can't wait to go back and take the camera with us instead of leaving it on deck like we did :(
Read CruisingCher's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image NC_is_Home
Feb 2012
Not a 5+ because the water was choppy. However the excursion was still amazing!
Read NC_is_Home's full Norwegian Sun cruise review