Nassau Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Snorkeling

Dip into Nassau's beautiful waters to catch a glimpse of the spectacular coral reefs hidden just below the surface. Snorkeling provides access to this unforgettable underwater world without the difficulty and training necessary for full on scuba.

*Luv2Cruz*

Had no plans and booked last minute. I bumped into one of my solo lounge friends who was also snorkeling and we had a great time during our excursion and continued our great time till late at night. I really enjoyed that day and I thank you Kim!!!!

Nursetammy

1 review

Basically - the description for snorkel the ruins of Atlantis is misleading . We snorkeled in the fish tank - in man made ruins with some nice fish but please don't charge me a lot to swim in a fish tank in front of everyone viewing the tank below in Atlantis. Most embarrassing thing ever - we hated it. This should be stopped .

joeandheidi

1 review

Captain Angelo of Bahamas water tours was awesome! We went snorkeling and he fed the fish so there were more fish then I had ever seen. Make sure you get out and about here the people are friendly and there are so many cool things to do!

live2vayk

Boarded a Catamaran that took us out over a reef to snorkel. Good experience.

decemberpsyche

1 review

Snorkeling was ok. Of course it rained. I had issues with my equipment, and had to trade it out, second set was better but still not good enough for me to truly enjoy the experience. My mask leaked and I was always having to empty it. My son loved it. He was one of the last ones back on the boat. Great rum punch for the trip back.

sbake718

1 review

Didn't love this. Very short time in the water, probably not worth the money.

LKE34491

1 review

Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling - NSE6. $49pp and well worth the cost. We enjoyed this excursion. They provided all necessary equipment.

chrryslsh

1 review

This tour was very different than the other snorkel tour we took earlier in the week. the boat was run down. kinda dirty. no refreshments were offered on the way out to the snorkel spot. no instructions given. a waiver was passed out basically stating that no matter what happened they were not responsible. if you were drowning they would/could not help you. if they were negligent.. too bad.. you could not sue them and they wanted us to sign it.. I signed it but I also crossed off the part that said I would not sue them if they were negligent. the snorkeling was good. only because I love to snorkel and know how. we only got to snorkel about 40 minutes. It was fairly cold so that was OK. on the way back they did provide some rum punch but OMG it was the worst tasting stuff ever. I like to drink but I don't drink just to drink. I could not stomach that stuff. I would not recommend this excursion at all.

t9728th

1 review

Despite the weather being a bit brisk the catamaran cruise was very nice. Very friendly crew and the "special" rum punch (added gold rum) on the return to port was a good kick start to the day. The boat leaves from Nassau almost directly in front of Senor Frogs. If you're travelling with 18+ year olds I would recommend a stop for lunch and drinks.

therearenowords2002

1 review

We booked a snorkeling trip through Barefoot Cruises since two of the children were under 10 and the cruiseline wouldn't let them snorkel. Our captain Travis was wonderful. Great snorkeling, weak rum punch.

Clovisina

1 review

Went on a catamaran and snorkeling - unlimited punch, fun! Senor Frogs was the most fun - you have to go there!

Amber88

1 review

We booked Barefoot Sailing Cruises and they did not show up for us, so we ended up on a snorkeling trip through a hotel and it was ok.

Harpo

We've been to Nassau several times, so the snorkel excursion was a good way to spend time with the family. The snorkeling was OK, not great.

ccoppola83

Beautiful!

gabbygal99

1 review

We booked with Stuart Cove Dive Shop. Snorkeling in 3 places - once over a coral bed, once over a staged airplane crash from one of the 'Jaws' movies, and once with sharks. It was wonderful.

Spheers

1 review

A good reef with clear water taken there by a sturdy catamaran. The harbor views were very nice. They too provided a nice Bahama punch. I had to walk a few miles to shake off the punch of the punch.

*Luv2Cruz*

Awesome

MrBanana1240

We saw so much! SeaFun is amazing!

Sraz

1 review

Catamaran and Snorkeling need I say more!!! My kids loved sailing on the nets just over the water and the fish were beautiful. They even had food to feed the fish if you wanted a more up close experience.

JMCruising

1 review

We did the Catamaran and snorkeling. The boat ride was a little long but fun. It was cloudy and the seas were a little rough when we were in the water. Our pics didn't come out too good but not the excursions fault! The reef is pretty simple. There are plenty of fish to see, but mostly the same few types. It was my first time snorkeling so I loved it. And the rum punch is rum with a splash of punch! We also went to Senor Frogs. What a character that place is. A constant party and you cant help but have fun. I did not like the straw market at all. I felt uncomfortable and didn't want to even look to buy anything. Just went in and out. Nassau seems like a nice place even if a little crowded.

bcsinger25

We were at a reef next to Rose Island. Had a good time, but not the best reef on the island. Less fish than usual. Still a good time on the catamaran "Sweetie Pie."

So St. Louis

1 review

Nassau - we did the Catamaran sail and snorkel tour. The tour guides were very friendly and the sip was a lot bugger than I expected ( I think we had about 40) It takes about 30 minutes to get to the reef, but you have a lot of beautiful scenery to see so in addition to a zoom lens camera for that you may want to buy a disposable water proof camera as well. You get to see Atlantis and I can tell you the pictures on TV don't do it just based on what we saw from afar. The place is BIG. The reef is beautiful. We had some folks on board who were scared because they couldn't swim very well - no worries. They give everyone life jackets(mandatory) and flippers if you want them. They were able to participate worry free. So many beautiful fish to see. They serve a rum punch as you sail back - and it's a party atmosphere. When we got back to the dock we ate some local foods at a small restaurant then found a cowboy hat I'd been looking for but could never find anywhere. Great fun!

CMM

1 review

Carnival gave us a choice for a refund since it was thundering. We opted out and appreciated the offer. It turned out to be a nice day. Our loss. Walked instead to Junkaboo beach. It was an easy 10 minute walk past Senor Froggs and the HIlton. This beach had tons of glass in the water! Drugs were at the stand and we did not feel comfortable or relaxed there. Very small public beach. If I went again I would snorkel or pass for a day pass. We went to the straw market and shopped in town. The straw market is hot and the people don't want to take no for an aswer. Made us uncomfortable. A lady on the ship had her hair braided and they charged her $3 a braid and they did 38. So it was well over $100 for half her head! Be careful and get a full price for the job before they start. My husband took my 18 year old into Senor Froggs not knowing what type of place it was. Poor judgement. They singled him out since he sat motionless. The DJ got the whole place chanting his name and said if he did a napkin dance on the table the whole place would get free drinks. He was horrified. Husband talked the guy into letting him do it so the pressure would be off our son. So from what I hear my husband who never dances did a napkin dance. Not a great choice.

Vistar

1 review

This was a large group experience. Our group was combined in the water with another 30 or so snorkelers and that made the water crowded over a small reef. It would rate as a good first time experience. There is a changing room/head available on the dive boat. Be sure to check out a pool towel from the ship before leaving. Take this with you unless you want to air dry. Good quality mask, snorkel and fins are provided. Some brought their own equipment, but this was unnecessary. An inflatable vest is provided for bouancy. You can deflate and dive if you wish. The reef depth is 12 feet. It's not much of a reef.

ariesmom

1 review

Great time on catamaran and snorkling with a great, fun bunch of guides. Only down fall??? The hike to the catamaran, and running the gauntlet of hawkers on the way back to the sip.

brdrawn

1 review

IF I had it to do over again, I would have snorkeled in Freeport and spent my time in Nassau touring the forts or historic areas. My husband and I had never snorkeled before, but the guides provided excellent instruction and even helped attract the fish. On the way back from the snorkel area, the guides pointed out the famous houses along the river. The city was pleasant to walk around and overall felt safe. There are TON's of independent tour operators waiting around the cruise depot area that will offer all kinds of things. We did not choose to do any of these, but many travelers did. There were 5 boats total in port the day we were there so lots of people to compete with. Overall this was my favorite stop.

cruisingtheocean

1 review

The weather was not cooperating on the day we snorkeled; however, I was there and I was going to do it. The water was not calm and very choppy. I still had a great time and understand that no one can control the weather!

seabeeknox1

1 review

This excursion was awesome, we had an early time to meet, 8:15 the shuttle was already there, after a 30 minute ride in which we got to see alot of nassau, we got to Stuarts cove, once we got the gear we needed it took about 20-30 minutes to get everyone aboard and get going the first two spots we snorkeled were AMAZING!!! We only got to stay in about 30 minutes but it was so beautiful and saw alot of fish, the shark stop was actually a little lame but my son loved it, they drop a box of dead fish and the sharks circle it, was pretty cool to see the sharks though a few were 6-8 feet at least! The guides were very very good and didnt bother us with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, only said something about tips at the end, made sure we tipped them well for a great day. We got back to ship showered changed and went shopping unfortunatly it was labor day on the island and alot of the nicer shops were closed, the straw market was ok, although getting accosted every time we turned around got old. Having said that I got some neat little trinkets and stuff for my daughter she was happy when we left. We walked around the city some and then went back to ship, took alot of pics nassau was really fun!

FourthBorn

1 review

Snorkeling was on a sailboat catamaran. Great times! Water clear, saw beautiful neon blue fish, perfect except a storm came up and we had to get out of water early. Boat's bathroom toilet was backed up, too. Rum punch was great, so didn't notice the bathroom smell on way back to Nassau!

Mimajo

Way too crowded for us

twobacks

1 review

We met the boat at the dock and were taken to an area to snorkel. It was very enjoyable.

Carolinagurl81

1 review

Different environment that's for sure, a little crowed, awesome sites to see, enjoyed the snorkeling excursion, I would however suggest if you choose it to bring ur own equipment instead of using theirs, friendly people for the most part...Average prices at shops and restaurants...

CruisingCher

1 review

I was a little worried at first due to the number of people on the trip (109 plus crew on a boat that says max passengers is 100)but the "Yes Dear" was a big girl and there was plenty of room for everyone (a little tight in a few places.) Once we got to the reef aptly named Rainbow Reef we donned our gear and jumped in. The water is chilly in March but once you are in and you see the world below you forget all about it until you realize 40 min later that your hands are like ice. We have been on other snorkel trips before but never had I seen something this beautiful. There were so many different types of fish that every where we looked we were seeing something new. There were 6 inch neon blue fish up to 3+ foot groupers (they were monsterous and magnificent) I can't wait to go back and take the camera with us instead of leaving it on deck like we did :(

NC_is_Home

1 review

Not a 5+ because the water was choppy. However the excursion was still amazing!