Nassau Glass Bottom Boat Excursion Reviews

Nassau Glass Bottom Boat cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a ride on a glass bottom boat through Nassau's crisp waters to experience reefs filled with rare and exotic fish.
Member Image AHM1346
Aug 2016
MEH was the description from those who took this trip in our group.
Read AHM1346's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hernandez.deyanira33
Jul 2016
Left a little later than we should have. No snacks on the boat, only drinks (this was during lunch time). Other than that, it was a pretty fun trip.
Read hernandez.deyanira33's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Weichih
Jul 2016
OK
Read Weichih's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image cruisintothesunset
Jun 2016
Reasonably priced. Nothing amazing but good value for the price.
Read cruisintothesunset's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dbeasley
May 2016
Did not get enough time at the bottom of the boat. Sitting in the back of the boat, we could not hear anything the tour guide was saying. Also, the drinks were watered down. On the plus side the water looked nice and we were able to get some great pictures of the scenery.
Read dbeasley's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image hardly35
May 2016
Nicer than I expected, actually! I appreciated that it also involved history and looking at the harbor, not just looking at the beautiful fish.
Read hardly35's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image matt99fsu
Apr 2016
Short, tour guide was good but not great. Boat was a little old, good to see a lot of fish but no WOW factor.
Read matt99fsu's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Savoyard
Dec 2015
A nice smooth ride; no problems with seasickness. Be aware that it's mostly a harbor tour, with the guide pointing out homes of the rich and famous. The part where the boat stops over a reef and you look at the fish (while standing up) doesn't last long. I had a bit of trouble with the guide's accent, but I'd still do it again. The guide holds a tip box as you disembark, but seems happy with whatever you put in it (I gave $5 for the two of us).
Read Savoyard's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image goldytx16
Dec 2015
The boat tour was ok. It was a nice boat ride and they did point out some interesting houses we went by that were on Paradise Island.We really didn't see much when we were taken out to an area to observe the underwater life through the plastic glass bottom. It was actually dirty really needed cleaned. We didn't see too many fish or anything else except green plants in the water. We had them drop us off at Paradise Island and we visited the Atlantis and found our way back to port in a cab later.
Read goldytx16's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Meet the Jetsons
Oct 2015
The loading process was a bit iffy. There was some confusion, and when we got on board, the boat seemed a bit rickety. But after we were underway, I enjoyed the scenery out to the reef, and the coral and fish were interesting.
Read Meet the Jetsons's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lesliecrcbb
Oct 2015
It was a glass bottom boat. They mentioned different homes of celebrities or successful people. When boarding, the crew told us that the left side was a better view and it was!
Read lesliecrcbb's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image lesliecrcbb
Oct 2015
It was a glass bottom boat. Saw some debris and fish. The crew pointed out homes belonging to different rich people and where a James Bond movie was filmed. How much is customary to tip excursion people? We didn't know so we gave $5.
Read lesliecrcbb's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image twins0309
May 2015
The boat need a major upgrade. Windows were cloudy and could barley see through them. The a/c didn't work in the back of the boat which they had a fan that didn't do much of anything. Never did see the ship wreck they claimed was down there. It was boring.
Read twins0309's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Vanessa42
Apr 2015
Really fun with an excellent guide narrating. Got t a great view of the underwater creatures and it was really fun to do this excursion with my son - family friendly
Read Vanessa42's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lesliecavanagh
Mar 2015
It rained as we were leaving the ship, but it wasn't stopping us having fun. Had a bus take us to the excursion start point but the end point was a good mile from the ship so again I had to do a lot of walking. that brought my mood down.
Read lesliecavanagh's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Ralphinsc
Aug 2013

This was our first time to Nassau so we ended up booking an excursion through the cruise line on a glass bottom boat to ensure the kids would at least have one fun experience in an unfamiliar port. I actually thought the excursion was a decent deal for it's length and for the harbor tour and free rum punch included. We enjoyed a good narrated tour, a half hour out over the reef, and I might have had a few extra rum punches at $2 a pop. They also had a fruit punch for the kids. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this who wanted too.

Read Ralphinsc's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hopesicle
Mar 2013
The first part was an above-deck boat tour of the local landscape. The tour guide pointed out the houses of multiple celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan and Nicholas Cage. We were given a choice of rum punch or fruit punch as a complimentary drink, and they also had bottled water and snacks on sale. The boat also had restrooms. When we reached the sea garden, we went below to the viewing deck and the guide pointed out various corals and fish. I was a bit disappointed to not see many small, brightly colored fish as I had in the Cayman islands, but if I didn't have that to compare it to I would have probably thought it was better. (my niece loved it) If I did it again, I would have done the glass bottom kayaks.
Read hopesicle's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image debijaynes
Mar 2013
poor trip-- let the passengers out in a bad spot and had to walk a long distance thru a not so gre4at area--complained to ship
Read debijaynes's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image gypsylady
Not Rated
Feb 2013
This was an enjoyable excursion, although the boat was pretty old. We saw so much marine life! The trip was reasonable and afforded us an opportunity to wander through the new straw market and along the main street shops before getting back on the ship.
Read gypsylady's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image SheilatequilaPat
Not Rated
Jan 2013
Shuttle to "Glass Bottom Boat" is not in good condition. All we saw on the Glass Bottom boat was sea grass and a few small fish when the captain would stop and thow over some food to bring them around. There was nothing spectacular and didn't last but a few minutes.
Read SheilatequilaPat's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image amstelncv
Dec 2012
Fun for kids, book on your own price negotiate boat side. Nice tour saw some interesting fish.
Read amstelncv's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Themrs10
Nov 2012
We also did the glass bottom boat, which should have just been called a coast line tour of the homes of the rich and famous. There were some tropical fish to see at the bottom of the boat, but nothing spectacular. The water was clear and beautiful. as so was Oprah's home and guesthouse. The boat ride was about an 1.5 hour and I do think that it was worth it even though I didn't see any big fish.
Read Themrs10's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image The Americanadians
Nov 2012
We went on the Glass Bottom Boat, and were taken to the middle of Nassau Harbor, which is a protected sea life site by the Bahamian government. On the way, we saw numerous homes and condos on Paradise Island. Some of these homes are owned by such notables as Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey and Barry Bonds. We saw numerous different species of sea life under the boat, from fish to anemones of many different kinds. The complimentary rum punch they served on the boat was so good, we had seconds! We then went down Bay Street and experienced the sights, sounds and smells of the busiest tourist street in the Bahamas. Bay Street is a one-way street, and is a constant traffic jam. I mentioned the anomaly of the alignment of the steering wheels on cars in St. Thomas. In Nassau, it was less evident; more than half the cars I saw there had their steering wheels on the right for driving on the left side of the street. We saw a statue of Queen Victoria in front of the Bahamian Parliament Buildings, which said she was queen and empress of the Bahamas from 1887 to 1901. After we had our lunch at Burger King (again, a trusted international franchise restaurant), we re-boarded the ship.
Read The Americanadians's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image true45
Aug 2012

It was nice but there weren't alot of big fish (which is not the fault of the excursion operator, just perhaps the time of year)

Read true45's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image HRKCMK
Jul 2012
It was neat to see some of the Celebrity homes on the tour. We got to feed the fish which was kind of cool. The glass bottom part was neat too. It was rather hot in there tho and was kind of crowded and the glass panels were small. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was still fun for $30 a piece.
Read HRKCMK's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review