Nassau Glass Bottom Boat Excursion Reviews

Nassau Glass Bottom Boat cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a ride on a glass bottom boat through Nassau's crisp waters to experience reefs filled with rare and exotic fish.
Member Image justmej44
Mar 2017
Definitely not worth $45.00! I enjoyed the boat ride and seeing the sights along the way, but the actual glass bottom viewing was very disappointing! We saw nothing but plain fish, no colorful ones among them, swim back and forth under our boat. No stingrays, jellyfish, starfish, anything out of the ordinary. One can see the same thing in any aquarium anytime!
Read justmej44's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image sgregory17
Feb 2017
Liked it. Nice scenic cruise along the harbor, past Atlantis and stopped at a reef with lots of fish to see thru the glass bottom. Good free rum punch included too.
Read sgregory17's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nashvillehhgmag
Feb 2017
The glass bottom boat was nice but hard to see thru the glass. Enjoyable for a nice afternoon cruise. Most of it was showing us famous people's houses.
Read Nashvillehhgmag's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image KnoxGirl
Jan 2017
Guide and staff were great. Beautiful ocean bed life.
Read KnoxGirl's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Stickwitch
Dec 2016
Passed homes of the rich and famous on way to reef. Difficult to understand tour guide.
Read Stickwitch's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image onesportygal
Oct 2016
Excursion got over booked, was enough room for everyone to enjoy the wreck/fish once we got there! Two levels had to try to change places and it didnt work too well. Lots only got a couple minutes seeing the fish! Glass on the bottom f boat was very scratched and in need of repair, cant get decent pics at all!
Read onesportygal's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image klarfitz
Sep 2016
The crew were friendly and Chris was entertaining. Nothing exciting about seeing some fish, more excitement topside when tossing bread over the side and saw an eel.
Read klarfitz's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image AHM1346
Aug 2016
MEH was the description from those who took this trip in our group.
Read AHM1346's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hernandez.deyanira33
Jul 2016
Left a little later than we should have. No snacks on the boat, only drinks (this was during lunch time). Other than that, it was a pretty fun trip.
Read hernandez.deyanira33's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Weichih
Jul 2016
OK
Read Weichih's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image cruisintothesunset
Jun 2016
Reasonably priced. Nothing amazing but good value for the price.
Read cruisintothesunset's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dbeasley
May 2016
Did not get enough time at the bottom of the boat. Sitting in the back of the boat, we could not hear anything the tour guide was saying. Also, the drinks were watered down. On the plus side the water looked nice and we were able to get some great pictures of the scenery.
Read dbeasley's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image hardly35
May 2016
Nicer than I expected, actually! I appreciated that it also involved history and looking at the harbor, not just looking at the beautiful fish.
Read hardly35's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image matt99fsu
Apr 2016
Short, tour guide was good but not great. Boat was a little old, good to see a lot of fish but no WOW factor.
Read matt99fsu's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image jessyka182
Apr 2016
Tour was short, and "glass bottom" was not a totally accurate description
Read jessyka182's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Savoyard
Dec 2015
A nice smooth ride; no problems with seasickness. Be aware that it's mostly a harbor tour, with the guide pointing out homes of the rich and famous. The part where the boat stops over a reef and you look at the fish (while standing up) doesn't last long. I had a bit of trouble with the guide's accent, but I'd still do it again. The guide holds a tip box as you disembark, but seems happy with whatever you put in it (I gave $5 for the two of us).
Read Savoyard's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image goldytx16
Dec 2015
The boat tour was ok. It was a nice boat ride and they did point out some interesting houses we went by that were on Paradise Island.We really didn't see much when we were taken out to an area to observe the underwater life through the plastic glass bottom. It was actually dirty really needed cleaned. We didn't see too many fish or anything else except green plants in the water. We had them drop us off at Paradise Island and we visited the Atlantis and found our way back to port in a cab later.
Read goldytx16's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image Meet the Jetsons
Oct 2015
The loading process was a bit iffy. There was some confusion, and when we got on board, the boat seemed a bit rickety. But after we were underway, I enjoyed the scenery out to the reef, and the coral and fish were interesting.
Read Meet the Jetsons's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lesliecrcbb
Oct 2015
It was a glass bottom boat. They mentioned different homes of celebrities or successful people. When boarding, the crew told us that the left side was a better view and it was!
Read lesliecrcbb's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image lesliecrcbb
Oct 2015
It was a glass bottom boat. Saw some debris and fish. The crew pointed out homes belonging to different rich people and where a James Bond movie was filmed. How much is customary to tip excursion people? We didn't know so we gave $5.
Read lesliecrcbb's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image twins0309
May 2015
The boat need a major upgrade. Windows were cloudy and could barley see through them. The a/c didn't work in the back of the boat which they had a fan that didn't do much of anything. Never did see the ship wreck they claimed was down there. It was boring.
Read twins0309's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Vanessa42
Apr 2015
Really fun with an excellent guide narrating. Got t a great view of the underwater creatures and it was really fun to do this excursion with my son - family friendly
Read Vanessa42's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lesliecavanagh
Mar 2015
It rained as we were leaving the ship, but it wasn't stopping us having fun. Had a bus take us to the excursion start point but the end point was a good mile from the ship so again I had to do a lot of walking. that brought my mood down.
Read lesliecavanagh's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Ralphinsc
Aug 2013

This was our first time to Nassau so we ended up booking an excursion through the cruise line on a glass bottom boat to ensure the kids would at least have one fun experience in an unfamiliar port. I actually thought the excursion was a decent deal for it's length and for the harbor tour and free rum punch included. We enjoyed a good narrated tour, a half hour out over the reef, and I might have had a few extra rum punches at $2 a pop. They also had a fruit punch for the kids. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this who wanted too.

Read Ralphinsc's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hopesicle
Mar 2013
The first part was an above-deck boat tour of the local landscape. The tour guide pointed out the houses of multiple celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan and Nicholas Cage. We were given a choice of rum punch or fruit punch as a complimentary drink, and they also had bottled water and snacks on sale. The boat also had restrooms. When we reached the sea garden, we went below to the viewing deck and the guide pointed out various corals and fish. I was a bit disappointed to not see many small, brightly colored fish as I had in the Cayman islands, but if I didn't have that to compare it to I would have probably thought it was better. (my niece loved it) If I did it again, I would have done the glass bottom kayaks.
Read hopesicle's full Carnival Sensation cruise review