Nassau Glass Bottom Boat Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Glass Bottom Boat

Take a ride on a glass bottom boat through Nassau's crisp waters to experience reefs filled with rare and exotic fish.

Ralphinsc

1 review

This was our first time to Nassau so we ended up booking an excursion through the cruise line on a glass bottom boat to ensure the kids would at least have one fun experience in an unfamiliar port. I actually thought the excursion was a decent deal for it's length and for the harbor tour and free rum punch included. We enjoyed a good narrated tour, a half hour out over the reef, and I might have had a few extra rum punches at $2 a pop. They also had a fruit punch for the kids. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this who wanted too.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

hopesicle

The first part was an above-deck boat tour of the local landscape. The tour guide pointed out the houses of multiple celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan and Nicholas Cage. We were given a choice of rum punch or fruit punch as a complimentary drink, and they also had bottled water and snacks on sale. The boat also had restrooms. When we reached the sea garden, we went below to the viewing deck and the guide pointed out various corals and fish. I was a bit disappointed to not see many small, brightly colored fish as I had in the Cayman islands, but if I didn't have that to compare it to I would have probably thought it was better. (my niece loved it) If I did it again, I would have done the glass bottom kayaks.

debijaynes

poor trip-- let the passengers out in a bad spot and had to walk a long distance thru a not so gre4at area--complained to ship

Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises

gypsylady

This was an enjoyable excursion, although the boat was pretty old. We saw so much marine life! The trip was reasonable and afforded us an opportunity to wander through the new straw market and along the main street shops before getting back on the ship.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

SheilatequilaPat

1 review

Shuttle to "Glass Bottom Boat" is not in good condition. All we saw on the Glass Bottom boat was sea grass and a few small fish when the captain would stop and thow over some food to bring them around. There was nothing spectacular and didn't last but a few minutes.

amstelncv

1 review

Fun for kids, book on your own price negotiate boat side. Nice tour saw some interesting fish.

Themrs10

1 review

We also did the glass bottom boat, which should have just been called a coast line tour of the homes of the rich and famous. There were some tropical fish to see at the bottom of the boat, but nothing spectacular. The water was clear and beautiful. as so was Oprah's home and guesthouse. The boat ride was about an 1.5 hour and I do think that it was worth it even though I didn't see any big fish.

The Americanadians

1 review

We went on the Glass Bottom Boat, and were taken to the middle of Nassau Harbor, which is a protected sea life site by the Bahamian government. On the way, we saw numerous homes and condos on Paradise Island. Some of these homes are owned by such notables as Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey and Barry Bonds. We saw numerous different species of sea life under the boat, from fish to anemones of many different kinds. The complimentary rum punch they served on the boat was so good, we had seconds! We then went down Bay Street and experienced the sights, sounds and smells of the busiest tourist street in the Bahamas. Bay Street is a one-way street, and is a constant traffic jam. I mentioned the anomaly of the alignment of the steering wheels on cars in St. Thomas. In Nassau, it was less evident; more than half the cars I saw there had their steering wheels on the right for driving on the left side of the street. We saw a statue of Queen Victoria in front of the Bahamian Parliament Buildings, which said she was queen and empress of the Bahamas from 1887 to 1901. After we had our lunch at Burger King (again, a trusted international franchise restaurant), we re-boarded the ship.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

true45

It was nice but there weren't alot of big fish (which is not the fault of the excursion operator, just perhaps the time of year)

HRKCMK

1 review

It was neat to see some of the Celebrity homes on the tour. We got to feed the fish which was kind of cool. The glass bottom part was neat too. It was rather hot in there tho and was kind of crowded and the glass panels were small. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was still fun for $30 a piece.

ulivonce

1 review

Ok. You really can't see much - and you have to stand the entire time - unless you go out on deck. Boring.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

Allykatsmom

1 review

The tour guide was good, but the tour wasn't all that exciting. Went to Atlantis, but couldn't see much without paying to enter.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

cherishted381

1 review

Brilliant time, great person doing the talking of the area, so helpful and friendly.

Provider: MSC Cruises