Nassau Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim Excursion Reviews

Nassau Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Do not miss out on an exciting personal encounter with the world's smartest marine mammal—the dolphin. Grab on tight as it takes you for a swim through Nassau's turquoise waters.
Member Image razzledazzle11
Nov 2015
The dolphin encounter itself was fun, but we were disappointed that we were told to get in the ferry back to the ship an hour before we were supposed to. There was supposed to be time to be at the beach after the dolphin encounter, and there was not.
Read razzledazzle11's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Richard Green
Aug 2015
Nice beach, good food.
Read Richard Green's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image yanihoo
Aug 2015
Nice quiet time and a fair lunch
Read yanihoo's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image goakes3
Jul 2015
Some complain about the length of the boat ride but we loved it. The island was fantastic! We spent all our time in the water. The lunch was okay; stingy about the juice or lemonade, only get one. Highly recommend this excursions!
Read goakes3's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Cromwell19
Jun 2015
One of the best days on the cruise - cannot get over how dedicated the staff are and how much they truly care about educating others and making the experience a lifetime of memories
Read Cromwell19's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Bennett70
Jun 2015
A great day for family. We just did beach day. They have a large area with blow up slides and other things for the kids. We went alone so we found a spot and laid our towels out. Being from fla we are accustomed to laying on the beach. No chairs needed but they have plenty if you want on. Lunch is complementary and very good.They don't tell you when they are closing the food area so don't wait to long. Drinks are $$. We got 6 beers in a bucket(local is cheaper) 32.00. We did go up for more ice they didn't like that. We gave them 2.00 and got a scoop. The water is shallow so it's perfect for laying in. It was a nice day. My children are grown now but I watched the other children play and they were having a great time.
Read Bennett70's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image AK Dreaming
Jun 2015
One of the highlights of our trip. Very organized. We enjoyed the ferry ride over and then had an amazing experience with the dolphin swim. Wanted to stay and enjoy the beach, but needed to get some shopping done in town.
Read AK Dreaming's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image Pavlik22
May 2015
This was the coolest excursion I have ever done. we took a nice 30 min boat ride to Blue Lagoon and the place was awesome. My husband and I booked the Sea lion encounter, it was awesome. We where able to kiss, feed, and get in the water with them. def something we will never forget!!! Awesome beaches, great place for kids!
Read Pavlik22's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image LDurfee11
Apr 2015
Took long, crowded boat ride to Blue Lagoon Beach. There was some type of group on our sailing and 600 people went to the beach with Signet that day. Had we known in advance would have likely done something else. The Dolphin experience and beach were both top notch. Lots of fun but wait time for dolphin swim was rather long and others who booked just the beach day had lunch included w price of excursion. We paid A LOT MORE MONEY for the Dolphin Swim and got no lunch and had to pay additional for pictures, dvd and use of inflatibles. Ridiculous!
Read LDurfee11's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Twokidsandamortgage
Apr 2015
AWESOME! Very clean facilities, well organized. Only concern is that the 1:00 encounter didn't leave much time for checking out the island before the 4:30 ferry back to the boat.
Read Twokidsandamortgage's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions Group
Member Image Mizzori
Apr 2015
This was absolutely amazing. The trainers were very well versed on what we needed to do. The ride over was not that long. They gave us a brief introduction on what to expect. We went in the water (very cold) and had the dolphin come and interact with us in a group and one by one. By far the best part of the trip for my husband.
Read Mizzori's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image RGandCPcruisers
Apr 2015
Very well organised. Lots of time with the dolphins. NOTE: take beach shoes for in the sea as the dolphin area is rocky underfoot. If you can get the morning trip, head to Señor Frogs for a very lively afternoon!
Read RGandCPcruisers's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image lizzydbean
Mar 2015
Disney made it easy to get there. BEAUTIFUL island and a beautiful boat ride to get there. We did the dolphin swim and were informed quickly but thoroughly as to what to do. We spent, overall, about an hour in the water with the dolphins with 10-15 minutes of that being one-on-one contact with the dolphins. INCREDIBLE!! We were able to take pictures with our own water-proofed camera.
Read lizzydbean's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image trapo
Mar 2015

Nassau is dirty and scary. Dolphin excursion was cool but ocean floor was so rocky I could think of little else but the pain. The photographer took crappy pictures and everything was laughably expensive.

Read trapo's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image NWTraveler58
Feb 2015

Excellent excursion. We were in the water for about an hour and had good amount of time with the dolphins. Zoey (dolphin) was just so lovable! It was a bit expensive especially pictures/video was not included, but overall a very good experience. I wished we had more time to explore the Blue Lagoon Island. We took the 4pm boat back to the dock area and had just about an hour and half to shop. I would book the tour on my own directly next time and save $40, get to the island earlier instead of wasted an hour waiting for everyone.

We bought some very delicious rum cake as well as some spices. I would not recommend the conches fritta as it is just balls of deep fried bread with negligible conch.

Read NWTraveler58's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image zippywilliam
Feb 2015

IT WAS VERY COLD!!! The temperature was 60F... record cold. We were still brave and dove in. The water felt so warm in comparison. The dolphins were very friendly. One of them picked up a seashell and dropped it in my husband hand. The pictures all came out great. We bought the whole package for $70. Well worth it. You get the CD. They were the only pictures we bought. We did not buy any from the ship. Swimming with the dolphins was a once in a lifetime experience. I probably won't do it again for awhile and only if it is hot outside.

Read zippywilliam's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image luvs-2-cruz
Dec 2014

I'd give 10 stars if I could! This is an experience you will never forget!

Read luvs-2-cruz's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image kauaian-kitten
Jun 2014

We participated in the morning dolphin encounter. We had to be at the dock by 8:30am which was tight with our Carnival Fantasy docking at 8am, but we made it. I went with my children aged 11, 10 and 6. My husband came as an observer and to take photos. The 15 minute educational session about dolphins is interesting and then you get to go to meet your dolphin. We had 15 people in our Dolphin Encounter group. We had to walk down about 3 steps onto a platform in the water and the dolphin comes up to you. The dolphin comes up to each person for time to dance, hug, and kiss him. Dolphin Encounters has a photographer, but you are welcome to take your own too. I had our underwater camera with me and my husband was on the observer deck with our regular camera. The kids enjoyed it and the trainer does make it a fun, memorable experience for everyone.
We were finished before 11am. We waited to see our group photo, which I bought for $14.

Read kauaian-kitten's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image silverfocks
Mar 2014

Enjoyable tour with dolphins as they are much better than some of the people on the cruise.
Expensive but worth the while to enjoy their company

Read silverfocks's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image sjring
Feb 2014

In Nassau we went on the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Close Encounter, which was very well done. Unfortunately there was a concert on the beach that day so the beach was closed to us, and they provided a box lunch instead. The box lunch was passable, but there was pleanty of food in it. Not sure cost wise if the lunch made up for loss of use of the beach. I would want, however to try the dolphin swim experience on a future trip now that I experienced the dolphin close encounter.

Read sjring's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Cruiser Family 8889
Dec 2013

Finally, we went to Nassau and did the shallow water dolphin encounter. Definitely spring for the deep water one- it was much more fun, and you actually swim with the dolphins. In the shallow water excursion, we only got to kiss the dolphin, pet its stomach and back, and then watch it do 2-3 tricks (total of 30 minutes). The water went waist high as well. Also, it was a bit of a waste of time, because they make everyone who has the excursion come to the location at the same time. So your time with the dolphins could be 2 hours after the people you came with. Basically, you spend those 2 hours watching the other people hang out with the dolphins. Also, they take all the pictures and charge exorbitantly for photos. It was $70-90 for 5 small photos. This excursion took place at the Atlantis resort, so after your dolphin encounter, you can walk through the hotel, their fake Atlantis "ruins," and the hotel grounds--- all of which is very beautiful.

Read Cruiser Family 8889's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Bosslady146
Nov 2013

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim is an amazing program. They take the time to orient everyone, whatever program they are participating in, on dolphins, wildlife, ocean conservation, and the center itself. The trainers are fun and engaging, and incredibly good at what they do. The island is beautiful and offers plenty of things to do, including a super cool obstacle course. The dolphins were great and this is an experience none of us will ever forget!

Nassau itself is a bit dirty and rundown, which surprised us.

Don't make our mistake----book at cruises.com to get around Norwegian's heavy markup.

Read Bosslady146's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image pinbot_67
Aug 2013

Swam with the dolphins and we loved it. My daughter could not stop smiling! Just be aware that the actual time spend with the dolphins is very short. They do allow you to take photographs; you have to buy their photos, which are beyond expensive. The cheapest photo package was about $140 and went up to $500.

Think about that: $500 for photos!

Read pinbot_67's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image megemily
Jul 2013

My husband and daughter did the blue lagoon dolphin interaction and loved it. Said staff was friendly and Blue Lagoon was clean and nice. Lot less $ than at Atlantis.

Read megemily's full Carnival Breeze cruise review