Nassau Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim Excursion Reviews

Nassau Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Do not miss out on an exciting personal encounter with the world's smartest marine mammal—the dolphin. Grab on tight as it takes you for a swim through Nassau's turquoise waters.
Member Image cruise500
Jul 2016
Was fun and worth the money
Read cruise500's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image elligeers@hotmail.de
Jun 2016
It's an expensive event but I have to say it was totally worth the money. I was for like an hour with the dolphins in the water and we did a lot of activities like dancing, huging, kissing and so on. It was the best experience and I would recommend it to everyone who wants to be with an dolphin once in their life.
Read elligeers@hotmail.de's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jessltappy
Excellent Excursion!
Read jessltappy's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image nancynick40@gmail.com
May 2016
The Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim was unforgettable! The staff is friendly and professional. No pressure for tips or to buy pics afterward. The dolphins are well-treated and have a very large, natural enclosure. You get a lot of time with the dolphins. You get to rub them several times, hug them, dance with them, they give you a kiss on the cheek and mouth, and give you a "gift" of a rock. Finally, the dolphin foot push was phenomenal. It felt like you were flying. It's expensive, but definitely worth it for this once in a lifetime experience.
Read nancynick40@gmail.com's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rossi3211
May 2016
Awesome experience. 30 minute boat ride out to lagoon. Beautiful views on the way, get to see some celebrity homes like Beyonce and Jay Z, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan. The lagoon was amazing. One side had blow up slides and the other was empty for swim. There were lawn chairs all over. We also got to see Dolphins from the dolphin encounter. On the opposite side of the island there is access to the ocean. It is rocky but the rocks are covered with some type of algae which makes them smooth. Lots of cool sea life for kids and a great place to snorkel! Would definitely go back...water was also warm. They also served lunch and provided one drink that came with the package
Read rossi3211's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Cruisin'Chills
Feb 2016
I could give this a 5 for the actual dolphin interaction, or a 3 (or even a 2) for the rest of it, so I'll go with a 4. VERY chaotic on Nassau day as there were 5 ships in port, so there was trouble even getting with the right group and getting on the right boat over to Blue Lagoon. We finally got with the right group and got on the boat, then stopped 10 minutes later to pick up a LOT of hotel guests from Atlantis and other Paradise Island resorts. This was at least a 20-minute stop to load guests, so between this and the initial confusion, we went from a 12:50 meeting time on the pier to not arriving at Blue Lagoon until after 2pm! Once there, we received an introductory briefing and, in a nice touch, some information about dolphin conservancy and so forth. Then we were suited up with wetsuits and life jackets, and sent to the platform to swim. There were 8 people in our group -- 4 sets of 2. Everyone got into the water at the same time and did some introductory stuff (spinning in circles in the water while the 2 dolphins did so as well, touching them as they swam by on both their tummy and back, etc.), but then each group of 2 got to go through a bunch of other maneuvers with the 2 dolphins. This included "dancing" (holding their fins), kissing, hugging, feeding, and even touching their teeth. After each group of 2 had this interaction time with the dolphins, we all sat back on the dock. Then, one at a time, each person got in the water for the "foot push". This involved waiting in a designated spot with your arms out and your feet straight back, with your knees locked, for the two dolphins to swim up behind you and each put a nose on your foot and push you all the way across the lagoon!! Everyone in our group was successful with this maneuver (only the first boy, a teenager, did not successfully raise himself high enough out of the water, so he got a faceful of water the whole way). The dolphin interaction time was great and better than what we had done at Atlantis on a previous trip (although that one was just an "interaction", not a "swim"). That said, Atlantis has got the SALES aspect of the dolphin encounters down much better than Blue Lagoon -- it was CHAOS at the TV screens afterwards with everyone from all the different interactions vying to see their pictures at the same time, and not enough staff to help. We waited about 30 minutes in line (until we were next) just in time to be told "sorry, it's too late to order photos, you have to go back to your ship". We were given a website and a coupon and told to look them up online when we got home. Which we did, and which did work (I've already received my photos), but it was just chaotic on the day. And if that is an option, they should publicize it a bit better, because I'm certain more people would prefer to wait until they get home to do it. The return trip to the ships again included the stop for hotel guests. I'd recommend a different ferry for hotel and cruise ship guests to cut out this time delay.
Read Cruisin'Chills's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image razzledazzle11
Nov 2015
The dolphin encounter itself was fun, but we were disappointed that we were told to get in the ferry back to the ship an hour before we were supposed to. There was supposed to be time to be at the beach after the dolphin encounter, and there was not.
Read razzledazzle11's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Richard Green
Aug 2015
Nice beach, good food.
Read Richard Green's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image yanihoo
Aug 2015
Nice quiet time and a fair lunch
Read yanihoo's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image goakes3
Jul 2015
Some complain about the length of the boat ride but we loved it. The island was fantastic! We spent all our time in the water. The lunch was okay; stingy about the juice or lemonade, only get one. Highly recommend this excursions!
Read goakes3's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Cromwell19
Jun 2015
One of the best days on the cruise - cannot get over how dedicated the staff are and how much they truly care about educating others and making the experience a lifetime of memories
Read Cromwell19's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Bennett70
Jun 2015
A great day for family. We just did beach day. They have a large area with blow up slides and other things for the kids. We went alone so we found a spot and laid our towels out. Being from fla we are accustomed to laying on the beach. No chairs needed but they have plenty if you want on. Lunch is complementary and very good.They don't tell you when they are closing the food area so don't wait to long. Drinks are $$. We got 6 beers in a bucket(local is cheaper) 32.00. We did go up for more ice they didn't like that. We gave them 2.00 and got a scoop. The water is shallow so it's perfect for laying in. It was a nice day. My children are grown now but I watched the other children play and they were having a great time.
Read Bennett70's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image AK Dreaming
Jun 2015
One of the highlights of our trip. Very organized. We enjoyed the ferry ride over and then had an amazing experience with the dolphin swim. Wanted to stay and enjoy the beach, but needed to get some shopping done in town.
Read AK Dreaming's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image Pavlik22
May 2015
This was the coolest excursion I have ever done. we took a nice 30 min boat ride to Blue Lagoon and the place was awesome. My husband and I booked the Sea lion encounter, it was awesome. We where able to kiss, feed, and get in the water with them. def something we will never forget!!! Awesome beaches, great place for kids!
Read Pavlik22's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image LDurfee11
Apr 2015
Took long, crowded boat ride to Blue Lagoon Beach. There was some type of group on our sailing and 600 people went to the beach with Signet that day. Had we known in advance would have likely done something else. The Dolphin experience and beach were both top notch. Lots of fun but wait time for dolphin swim was rather long and others who booked just the beach day had lunch included w price of excursion. We paid A LOT MORE MONEY for the Dolphin Swim and got no lunch and had to pay additional for pictures, dvd and use of inflatibles. Ridiculous!
Read LDurfee11's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Twokidsandamortgage
Apr 2015
AWESOME! Very clean facilities, well organized. Only concern is that the 1:00 encounter didn't leave much time for checking out the island before the 4:30 ferry back to the boat.
Read Twokidsandamortgage's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions Group
Member Image Mizzori
Apr 2015
This was absolutely amazing. The trainers were very well versed on what we needed to do. The ride over was not that long. They gave us a brief introduction on what to expect. We went in the water (very cold) and had the dolphin come and interact with us in a group and one by one. By far the best part of the trip for my husband.
Read Mizzori's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image RGandCPcruisers
Apr 2015
Very well organised. Lots of time with the dolphins. NOTE: take beach shoes for in the sea as the dolphin area is rocky underfoot. If you can get the morning trip, head to Señor Frogs for a very lively afternoon!
Read RGandCPcruisers's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image lizzydbean
Mar 2015
Disney made it easy to get there. BEAUTIFUL island and a beautiful boat ride to get there. We did the dolphin swim and were informed quickly but thoroughly as to what to do. We spent, overall, about an hour in the water with the dolphins with 10-15 minutes of that being one-on-one contact with the dolphins. INCREDIBLE!! We were able to take pictures with our own water-proofed camera.
Read lizzydbean's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image trapo
Mar 2015

Nassau is dirty and scary. Dolphin excursion was cool but ocean floor was so rocky I could think of little else but the pain. The photographer took crappy pictures and everything was laughably expensive.

Read trapo's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image NWTraveler58
Not Rated
Feb 2015

Excellent excursion. We were in the water for about an hour and had good amount of time with the dolphins. Zoey (dolphin) was just so lovable! It was a bit expensive especially pictures/video was not included, but overall a very good experience. I wished we had more time to explore the Blue Lagoon Island. We took the 4pm boat back to the dock area and had just about an hour and half to shop. I would book the tour on my own directly next time and save $40, get to the island earlier instead of wasted an hour waiting for everyone.

We bought some very delicious rum cake as well as some spices. I would not recommend the conches fritta as it is just balls of deep fried bread with negligible conch.

Read NWTraveler58's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image zippywilliam
Feb 2015

IT WAS VERY COLD!!! The temperature was 60F... record cold. We were still brave and dove in. The water felt so warm in comparison. The dolphins were very friendly. One of them picked up a seashell and dropped it in my husband hand. The pictures all came out great. We bought the whole package for $70. Well worth it. You get the CD. They were the only pictures we bought. We did not buy any from the ship. Swimming with the dolphins was a once in a lifetime experience. I probably won't do it again for awhile and only if it is hot outside.

Read zippywilliam's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image luvs-2-cruz
Not Rated
Dec 2014

I'd give 10 stars if I could! This is an experience you will never forget!

Read luvs-2-cruz's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image dakusan
Sep 2014
Definitely enjoyable and worth it, but there were a number of things that were frustrating. The biggest problem is that there was no freedom/free time. Everything was strictly regimented and it was basically just one trick after another. I really would have liked to have a minute of just enjoying them by hugging and petting. Just not enough one on one time. The trainers were also not too organized. They also couldn't keep track of everything so some couples got to do everything while others missed out on a number of things (feeling the dolphins teeth, hugging, etc). The pictures were also WAY overpriced and I was upset you couldn't get them without the watermarks. It cost $170 for the video and digital pictures. In comparison, I paid 149 for 2 weeks in Disney with hundreds of pictures in different locations and live roller coaster shots.
Read dakusan's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image kauaian-kitten
Jun 2014

We participated in the morning dolphin encounter. We had to be at the dock by 8:30am which was tight with our Carnival Fantasy docking at 8am, but we made it. I went with my children aged 11, 10 and 6. My husband came as an observer and to take photos. The 15 minute educational session about dolphins is interesting and then you get to go to meet your dolphin. We had 15 people in our Dolphin Encounter group. We had to walk down about 3 steps onto a platform in the water and the dolphin comes up to you. The dolphin comes up to each person for time to dance, hug, and kiss him. Dolphin Encounters has a photographer, but you are welcome to take your own too. I had our underwater camera with me and my husband was on the observer deck with our regular camera. The kids enjoyed it and the trainer does make it a fun, memorable experience for everyone.
We were finished before 11am. We waited to see our group photo, which I bought for $14.

Read kauaian-kitten's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review