Nassau City Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > City Tour

From the decadent Atlantis resort to the colonial era Fort Charlotte, there is no lack of activity on Nassau. Take a guided tour to see it all in one day.

senorcruzer0013

1 review

Hall - independent taxi operator took 10 of us all over Nassau to see sites, shop & eat lunch locally. Very good. Would do this again.

Oma55

1 review

Enjoyed going threw the city before we embarking to Fort Nassau and Atlantis Resort and our tour guide was funny and very knowledgeable.

garyyager

Nassau:
-Is a busy Capital city, but traffic really picks up after school let's out around 3.
-Cheryl's Taxi & Tour is great. Craig is a friendly and proud Bahamian, who's proud of his country and makes for a great guide.

billanddeb

1 review

Drive to Zoo/Gardens gave us a tour of the city. Driver was very nice and gave us lots of information. It was a very hot day (in late October) so the air conditioned bus was nice! Also, on the city tour we stopped at an old fort and a small market. MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO THE BUS ON TIME....ONE OF OUR PASSENGERS WAS LEFT!! However, the driver tried to find her and could not. She found some way to the zoo and met up with us.

Wishy

1 review

There was a torrential down pour so we cancelled the tour. The ship did not have any problem with the last minute cancellation. We did walk around the town. Not much more than tourist shopping but colorful.

tiahnam

1 review

Our guy was really funny and showed us the best spots in the bahamas.

MrChocoholic

Brief immersion into Bahamian history and culture. Saw Government House, Parliament Square, toured Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle.

goofysguy

1 review

Three hour tour in a van. A very good look at the island.

Rogueperson

This was a great tour. It gave a nice summary and allowed you to see a good portion of Nassau.

PIGSKIN

1 review

Had a lot of traffic issues, not driver fault. Wish I had more time at Atlantis resort.

Themrs10

1 review

We did pay $15 bucks to get a horse driven carriage ride through the historical parts of town near the port. I have to admit I was very skeptical of this because I had to make the local show me his badge as he had it tucked in his shirt pocket, and they did take us through the "hood". But usually that is where some of the historical sites are.

cincele

Loved it! The City was fascinating, and while it is hard to see that kind of poverty, it is a land of friendly people with a new government of their own. We went on the Ardastra and City tour and I had the absolute best time. Our tour guide was "Rudy" and we had a nice airconditioned bus and such a lovely tour of the Fort and Queen's staircase. My favorite part was having Rudy drive us around the neighborhoods where he pointed out the features of the homes and the trees that grew. Wonderful! The best 39.00 I have spent all year!

barbadosbeachbum

We found the city tour really dull. The guide seemed to have more to say about the things he personally loved the best and it felt like he was taking us through areas where he hangs out and was slowing down to wave to all his buddies.

coldflame

The operator himself was alright, but the city tour was rather underwhelming. Infrastructure on different levels of disrepair, national monuments in ruins, historical forts covered by overgrowth.

eadtngd

The city tour and the Ardastra Gardens was great, our tour guy was nice and funny his name was tutti frutti (that's what he told us)the tour was very informative.

mrscarnival

1 review

Jammed too many people in mini-van, no air conditioning, could not hear or understand driver. Carnival needs to either change tour guides or kill this tour.

Raynedayplayer

1 review

~~Day 4: Nassau--a cultural look. Let the adventure begin. You do not have to tender here....bonus! We did not book a sanctioned Carnival excursion. We started our adventure by walking to the Queen's Staircase. Yes, you can book a cab right off the pier, but we thought walking would be more fun and you get to see what YOU want to see. Whew, and what a walk it was. The walk was lovely, but the areas that you go through aren't as "pretty" as maybe what the taxis/cabs might show you...but we never felt unsafe, it gave us an authentic Bahamian feel. The Queen's staircase was really beautiful, we then up the 65 steps to the fort and water tower. It was an excellent adventure. We walked back down to Bay street and picked up a public bus for $1.25 and took it to the fish market under the bridge (the one that leads to Paradise Island). *note, this part is probably not for the faint of heart. The bus for $1.25 is pretty run down, and you will probably be the only tourists on it, but...if you want to see the "real Nassau", then its a blast. The fish market under the bridge is....Pewee, stinky and dirty. But the people are real, honest, and hard working. We purchased some local fruit: a sugar apple, which was super yummy and some Genip(Spanish Lime)that was okay in flavor, but had the wonderful attribute of turning your tongue numb---not a favorite of my friend---I thought it was amusing and it made me giggle. :) After the fish market, we asked a bus driver if he went to the straw market, he said yes. Well....he did go to the straw market, but he went all the way around the island first. If you are going to do this....you MUST have ample time as this bus ride took us around 45 minutes to an hour. But we got to see the Nassau, that most tourists don't. We learned a lot, it was relaxing and fun, but NOT touristy. It wasn't pretty, clean or manicured, it was "Nassau, behind the scenes" adventure tour....and guess what...it was $1.25 each. Once we were close to port, the bus driver dropped us at the straw market. zzzzz If you want a bunch of made in China, or Taiwan stuff....then this is the place. Can't say I wasn't disappointed as I am an avid lover/purchaser of authentic art and craft. I however, did not find any here. The vendors purchased the straw items in bulk (probably China)and then embroidered gaudy things on them....I will give them credit that they did the embroidering, but we did not find any vendor, who did the straw work. The vendors were aggressive in their selling practices, but given the close proximity to the next vendor and the state of their economy... they have to be. No harm, no foul....just be prepared to be approached. A JAMMIN' AWESOME LUNCH: We ate at Skans(Skanz), just a stroll down between the straw market and the ship. Wow, better than the food on the ship. We had conch chowder, Bahamian bean stew (everyone's favorite at the table), shrimp sandwich, and curry chicken......all of them were fabulous and home cooked. We drank a local beer, Sands...which was like a medium bodied pilsner, iced tea (clean and refreshing). I would highly recommend eating here!!!! Favorite sign: Protect ya Tings.........wear a rubber every time.

Inspirn

it was horse and buggy.

redsox1668

1 review

Terrible!!!! We waited ! hour after we were supposed to leave for a driver. It was boring, and they kept asking or tips!

SummerB

1 review

It was just OK. We drove around to some cannon / fort thing, drove around to expensive homes, the beach, and Atlantis, which was a huge waste of time. Atlantis is this resort that is just like Vegas and has a casino and designer stores, neither of which interested any of us.

brino99

We took an Island tour with Island Marketing also known as Bahama Beach Tours if you Google it. Our driver was Dudley. He was very knowledgeable and took us where ever we wanted to go. There was six of us so we did a 2 1/2 hour private tour that was cheaper than doing their standard tour. If you want to see Nassau for a reasonable price, I would recommend these guys.

kumbaya99

1 review

Took a city tour with Island Marketing. Had a great tour guide and enjoyed the tour. One thing of note...Our tour guide pointed out some people who had taken the water taxi and were going to Atlantis. It is a LONG walk (they don't tell you that when they take your money)as you cannot walk a direct route to the resort.

ppines

Not my favorite. Had a very long walk to get to our bus - which was not in the best shape - The air did not work properly. The tour guide did not speak English clearly. Atlantis Resort- Did not allow visitors into the hotel or beach area to walk around. They were not very hospitable. Could only see the outside of the hotel.

Meltimmins7

It was $20 each, to go on a van that was a bit uncomfortable. But we did see Atlantis and saw areas of the city, the beach and etc. it was ok, but I think $40 for that was a lil much!

cmh1976

1 review

Great history lesson - crazy drivers

CruiseFanFlorida12

The Nassau Island Tour was another poor experience of a tour. The tour began more than 1 hour after we checked in with the guide. Bus #750 driver Eldridge was rude, disrespectful, and accusing some American travelers of not knowing how to speak English. So, the tour started late and ended short because the driver did not want to deal with traffic in the Bahamas.

camptosaurus

The excursion took us to a couple of historical forts, the queen's staircase, and Atlantis. It was very interesting to learn the history of the island, talk to the locals, and take lots of pictures!

pal6123

1 review

We found a really great guide just at the port. Many are waiting for the ships. They will charge $20 for a 2 and 1/2 hour tour in their van. I highly recommend you find Reynaldo Delaney. Ask for him. He was very knowledgeable and interesting. We learned about Bahamian economics, religion, education, politics, etc.. He took us to the forts (great pics of the cruise ships from there) and to Atlantis to walk around for about 30 minutes. He was fantastic! Don't buy the expensive excursions on the boat!

Alabama traveler

Great ! I had not been to Nassau in 30 years. We got a great tour guide for half ship's rate that took us to Atlantis and all over the island. Watch for over priced independents who attempt to charge you the same price as the ship does and tour you in sub standard transportation. Don't pay before you see the ride or take the tour.

GoddessofJava

The city tour was pretty good, but I really wish the guides had gone more in-depth about the history of the city and its various landmarks. We got a very shallow version, and it was a bit disappointing because I wanted my son, especially, to have an opportunity to learn more. Even so, we did learn a bit and saw a lot more of the island than my husband and I had the last time we'd visited Nassau.