Nassau Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Nassau Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
You don't have to go far for a good time in Nassau. Enjoy a relaxing day with friends and family on the island's beautiful white-sand beaches.
Member Image Shakal
Beautiful!
Read groovybear06's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Rushman58
Nov 2015
This was called "Promo - Beach Excursion with BBQ" and it was only $59 dollars a person. Catamaran trip to the private island, that includes two pools, lounge chairs, umbrellas, bars, snack bar, changing rooms, showers and snorkel rental area. One of the best excursions I've been on. Next to the "Dig" at the Atlantis, this is my new favorite in Nassau. I would go again.
Read Rushman58's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image rwhite05
Nov 2015
Beach was beautiful and not crowded and only 10 minute walk from ship.
Read rwhite05's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image orocha
Oct 2015
Worst tour ever, do not tour with JOAN (Part of the people selling tours on the port), she is very nice but her sense of orientation its terrible and she sucks at giving tours; she took us to the poor areas of Nassau and barely let us get off the car to take pictures, we wanted the rich areas, tourist areas, atlantis, famous people houses, but she didn´t do anything at all. At the end we went to JUNKALOO BEACH and it was so much fun; go to CRAB-N-TING and ask for ASHLEY, best server ever!!!!!
Read orocha's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Provider: JUNKANOO BEACH / CRAB-N-TING
Member Image IndySapper
Oct 2015
Bus ride to Coral Beach - $2.50 round trip. Nassau is a well developed island - you don't need an excursion here. If I want to visit Atlantis - I'll do it on a separate trip.
Read IndySapper's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Myself
Member Image 2floatinggamblers
Sep 2015
I would give the beach and water an excellent but was not too pleased having to walk thru the Casino and easily over a mile to get to it, my Mom is 77 and it was over 90 degrees and HOT so we spent the entire afternoon in the water, got a terrific sunburn even though I was already pretty tan to begin with!
Read 2floatinggamblers's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Read joehick's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: unk
Member Image ATravelDiva
Jul 2015
We did the Atlantis Beach Break. The water is nice and the Atlantis was cool to see. Simple beach day. No complaints.
Read ATravelDiva's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image BobNAnne
Jun 2015
Atlantis is huge and gaudy. The beaches were fairly crowded but we walked to The Cove (1/2 mile) and swam around a very nice beach. Towels are free of extra charge but if you want a chaise-lounge with shade it's not easy (the loungers without shade are plentiful). The people from the resort have them (shade lounges) all snatched up early in the day. I walked around and begged people for a couple of lounge chairs with shade that they might not be using and found two after about 15 minutes of looking). Our grand-kids swam for a while then did the para-sailing with their parents. Said it was a lot of fun but expensive. Food is very expensive at Atlantis so we ate at Senior Frogs near the dock. Also expensive but more fun. I saw some people renting snorkeling gear (expensive) but I couldn't see many fish around so it seemed like a waste of money.
Read BobNAnne's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image bratrazer
Apr 2015
the beach was clean but they did not have any music or any entertainment. They have a place to eat and a couple places for shopping. It would be boring to take kids since they have no water sports for kids other than swimming. The food was good but very expensive!
Read bratrazer's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image E18
Apr 2015
The beach day at atlantis was very nice, we had an amazing time at the beach, it was beautiful. I would take the beach break again! We took amazing pictures.
Read E18's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image uoflou99
Apr 2015
Water choppy, sand not so great, overcast day. I wish we would of past on this one. Not really impressed. Seen many drunk people on the beach kind of past out in their lounger chairs. Drinks flowing freely. Watched the lifeguard pull the same girl out of the water almost 3 x's as she was so drunk.
Read uoflou99's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Randifaye
Apr 2015
We took a beach break at Balmoral Island, we did not pay extra for the lunch. But it was very nice, not too crowded, easy transfers to and from the ship. Only complaint would be that it is very expensive to buy anything there, I think next time I would get the lunch package. Beach was clean and the water was clear, and even the weather cooperated and was nice and sunny.
Read Randifaye's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image acj7v7
Mar 2015
The beach was fun, the natives on the beach selling drinks were pushy. We enjoyed the energy of all the other people our age having a great time on spring break. There wasn't any time to explore any part of the town other than the beach though.
Read acj7v7's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image tom-kathy@northlc.com
Feb 2015

I give Balmoral Beach break a zero as it was a ripoff. They drop you on this tiny man made beach and a coke is 5 bucks, a hotdog is 13, and 4 beers is 34 bucks. The other couple with us went to Atlantis and had a blast. Guess we picked wrong. Nassau is pretty crappy I would not go back as the people are rude and yelling at you non stop.

Read tom-kathy@northlc.com's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image primadonut
Jan 2015

Balmoral Island beach break was worth it. nice beach/sand/lots of loungers. Food is spendy on the island but if you are in a pinch, just buy chips $2.50 or candy $2.50 with your sail and sign. Bring water, drinks are ridiculous. snorkeling is decent by the rocks in the middle. Stingrays are CAGED jut an FYI. Pictures of any encounters can be purchased for a lower price on the ship after.

Read primadonut's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image clr
Oct 2014

I did this same excursion back in May and I was so impressed with the beach that I wanted to return there.In fact I am going back to the Bahamas next May and I will return for a 3rd time!The ferry ride over is informative.You get a little history of the islands,you pass several celebrety homes(Oprah,Tiger Woods,Beyonce,Michael Jordan),and they entertain you with island music and dance.Once on the island you can lie back in the sun on a lounger or even a hammock!The BBQ is good(hamburger,hot dogs,chicken).Your choice of 3 different times when to return to Nasseau.

Read clr's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image EduCruiser
Sep 2014

We chose an excursion for Nassau to Atlantis, and I'm not sure I'd do this again. To be honest, we just didn't want to hassle with hiring a car/taxi, paying an admission fee to a beach (club), and lugging towels off and back to the ship. There was no charge for our son (3 years old), but it was about $130 for the remaining three of us, and it included transportation, towels, and admission to Atlantis' underwater tunnel and lagoon sights. Our kids enjoyed that as much as the beach, which was quite a walk from the resort, and was quite rough on our day there. The kids couldn't really enter the water as there was a strong undertow that knocked them over repeatedly. There's really no way to avoid the beach 'salespeople', but a kind 'No thank you' always does the trick.

One word of advice is to buy a water package (or two) on the ship and to take the water with you: I paid $8 for a 1.5 liter bottle of water at the resort (bought two, actually, so I shelled our $16 for 3 liters of water).

Read EduCruiser's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image Drums5150
Aug 2014

This was by far the worst organized excursion between a cruise line and their contracted transportation service I have ever seen. First, the cruise line has a guest carry the group number paddle board as the "leader" to get off the ship. However, in the chaos of disembarking, the group of about 90 people got split into at least two or more separate groups that got disconnected from each other and we all lost the "leader". When we got off the ship we had no idea where we were supposed to go. It took close to an hour sitting at the end of the pier to get reconnected with the rest of the excursion group. Our excursion was supposed to be from 2PM-7PM. However, we were told the last shuttle back would now be 5:30PM and due to the delay in the beginning, we did not get to Atlantis and on the beach until 3:15PM. Therefore, we basically only had 2 hours of beach time and a quick sprint through the "dig" before heading back to the shuttle to return to the ship. A complete waste of time and money for such a short amount of time. The beaches themselves in Atlantis are beautiful, we just had no where near enough time to justify the aggravation and cost.

Read Drums5150's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Surf Girl One
Aug 2014

We had a beautiful, restful day at the beach & the water was wonderful. Had drinks & lunch at the beach & met very friendly people. The DJ at the beach played great music. We looked at the Stingrays & also watched people swim with the Dolphins & of course took pictures. I highly recommend.

Read Surf Girl One's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image katrax64
Mar 2014

Nassau is nice but my father is Bermudian so Bahamas feels like the poor version of Bermuda. The beach was beautiful and we also did jetskiing.

Read katrax64's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image truenewfie
Feb 2014

We enjoyed our day at the beach. Our kids found it a bit boring as they prefer to have some waves to play in but the beach was quite clean and the staff very friendly although some of them appeared to be intoxicated or under the influence of something. The food was decent but expensive and it would be better to buy the meal package. Alcohol is not included in the pricing.

Read truenewfie's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image SlavinPatL
Sep 2013

Nice beach and excellent service. Ferry to beach and return was awful, overloaded boat and a two foot jump down to disembark, unacceptable for older folks.

Read SlavinPatL's full Carnival Magic cruise review