Nassau Ardastra Gardens Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Ardastra Gardens

The Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Park in Nassau is home to dozens of species of animals, birds and reptiles, including an indigenous Bahamian parrot bred here in captivity.

coledavidson

1 review

Unfortunately our day got rained out by quite a storm and we only got to experience Adastra for about 45 minutes by the time the rain stopped. From what we did see, it was a great zoo with lots of exhibits. The flamingo show was very entertaining, and the staff dried the benches off with towels for us so we could watch comfortably. We would do it again, if only because we didn't get to experience it in full the first time.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

billanddeb

1 review

The zoo and gardens were nice....not very big. I think kids would enjoy this. The flamingos and peacocks just "hang around". They walk freely with the people and you can get some great pictures. Be careful of the parrots and other birds that are sitting outside of any cages. THEY WILL BITE!!! I would not recommend you holding out your arm/hand thinking they are going to be friendly. There is a fenced in area that you can go into and feed and interact with other birds. Not many animals; very small place; but really cool to see the flamingos and peacocks up close. My husband (53 yrs old) had a great time with one of the parrots who would whistle and rock back and forth with him. Snack bar available for cold drinks.

Glenn90

1 review

Go yourself, no need to pay for excursion.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

MrChocoholic

Took my kid there 50 years after my parents took me. Much nicer now, covered bench seats. Pink flamingos "march" and "perform" for visitors. Many other interesting animals on display, gorgeous landscaping with tons of bromeliads, peacocks run wild. Truly a great stop.

Budcruisers

The gardens are nice, great fun feeding Lory parrots and the flamingoes were entertaining. The bus driver had good historical information for us.

rafinmd

Nassau is a nice but crowded town. I went to Ardastra Gardens which is really more of a zoo. The animals seemed to be mostly African, as well as a large collection of birds. There are 2 interesting shows, parrot feeding (audience participation) and marching drill by pink flamgoes.

ndame4nd

1 review

Took a taxi from the dock, which was much cheaper than through the cruise line, and we had the freedom to do what we wanted.

moxiegretl

1 review

We went to the Gardens ourselves as the cruise excursion was rather expensive for the 3 of us. Glad we did because even though we hopped on a bus to get there, we walked back because it was close to the port. The Gardens and Zoo were quaint, but plenty of unique animals to see. We had a blast feeding the Lory Parrots and the Flamingo "show" was interesting. We had a restaurant recommendation for Oh Andros, which is one of the fish fry shacks close to the Gardens along the beach. It was very tasty! We then strolled along the beach back to downtown and took our own city tour just looking at the neat buildings and such. Got some great pictures! It was nice doing it on our own because we didn't have to get back to a coach bus by a certain time and we weren't in a large crowd ever. Also, saved us a lot of dough!

Rogueperson

This was a small little garden with a zoo. There's nothing really major about it, as I've seen a lot more impressive zoos, but for what it was, it was a fun time.

JMaclauchlan

1 review

Its more of a small zoo as opposed to a Garden but a nice trip and the flamingo show was really nice!

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

CathyI8205

1 review

The Ardastra Gardens were interesting. You could see they were still cleaning up from Hurricane Sandy.

cincele

This is an excursion I would not have missed for anything. Sure, it is a bit cheesy but that is sometimes the best part of it. They have wonderful parrots and we really did not have time to see much else because the feeding the parrots and the marching flamingoes were on a schedule and we only had so much time. I completely enjoyed myself feeding the parrots the apple. The flamingoes are beautiful and they march into a round grass area and turn around on command. I have never been so close to them and they are so beautiful. They had a few clowns that wanted to do their own thing. If you are looking for a "San Diego" zoo experience you will be disappointed. If you love the tropics and the wildlife and fauna found there, you will be delighted. I would love to go back, and I will!

barbadosbeachbum

Ardastra Gardens was a small zoo (exactly what we expected) and it was interesting to see the different kinds of animals. This part of the tour would definitely be great for a family with kids because of the flamingo parade. We also fed the lorikeets and that was just an amazing experience. I think they should lose the city tour (these two were a combined excursion) and just offer Ardastra Gardens. Maybe offer a bit of beach time in there instead.

092306

Took #10 city bus to the zoo and back. Zoo was nice, but nothing great. Good for little ones if you need something to do other than beach w/young children. Mostly birds at the zoo and it didn't take long at all to tour. Cute flamingo show.

Kamlhj

1 review

Great overall. Stop at water tower was not too exciting. Rest of tour was very enjoyable.

eadtngd

The zoo was nice to see, we saw the flamingos and we got feed Lory Parrots by hand.

bcsinger25

The Zoo is fabulous as always. My family are members and we stop here everytime we go to Nassau (2-3 times/year) FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

kaymo1

1 review

booked directly and saved a lot of money...short taxi ride, great sights, lots of exotic animals and birds...plant life/jungle was great...worth a trip...needs about 2 hours to enjoy.

CruZen the C's

Ardastra Gardens and Zoo was a very nice experience. The gardens are beautiful. We fed the Lorry parrots and saw the marching flamingos which we really enjoyed. The different animals in the zoo were very interesting. This was a very beautiful area to visit.

bcsinger25

Ardastra Zoo & Gardens is always a great experience! (My 5th visit) Shows, bird feedings, pictures with animals, gift shop, petting zoo, etc. It is a phenomenal value at $16/person! Check out their website or Facebook page for more information!

Laurarc

A quick tour of the city and Ardastra gardens which is a small and simple zoo. a flamingo show which is cute. Historical visits to forts and queens' stair case. Just the basics.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line