Freeport Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Freeport Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Snorkeling excursions provide tourists with the opportunity to experience what lies beneath the water's surface. Swim around Freeport's coral reefs as well as with the island's unique marine life.
Member Image alyce3
Aug 2016
The Excursion was the only part of the cruise the we enjoyed. Dyson and DeAngelo were great!
Read alyce3's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Member Image Jstalcup
Aug 2016
water was beautiful and the snorkeling staff was great.
Read Jstalcup's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Member Image hokkaido
Jul 2016
The driver gave us a good guide on the way to the beach and the van was clean and comfortable with A/C while more expensive tours pick up guests with old vans without A/C. The beach was gorgeous. I recommend you to bring beach shoes instead of flip-flops because it was pretty rocky and sometimes not safe for small kids.
Read hokkaido's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: Deadman's reef
Member Image BridgetLogs
Feb 2016
Great experience!
Read BridgetLogs's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Member Image jrjrmac
Feb 2016
The reef was incredible...loved the turquoise waters and our Guide "Ricky" gave a great review of the history of the Bahamas and kept things very entertaining for all of the members on our excursion.
Read jrjrmac's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image jquazza
Oct 2015
We originally signed up for the Sail and Snorkel trip. We were asked while registering if we would be willing to just snorkel if they couldn't get enough people for the sailing trip, we said yes. At first we were extremely disappointed that not enough people signed up for the sail and snorkel, but once we got to the place they told us that we were actually going out on the sail boat because it was such a small group! That turned the whole trip around. We sailed out to the reef and had about an hour and a half to snorkel around. The captain and instructor were amazing. The fish were beautiful and so close! It rained while we were out there but we felt it made the trip that much more exciting. I highly recommend.
Read jquazza's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Member Image Reddy2sail
Sep 2015
Booked independently with Seahorse Sail and Snorkel. Not as advertised. They had way too many people. They claim to be less crowded than ship excursions but we were joined by nearly 40 people from the ship and another dozen from Atlantis. Poor equipment - my vest leaked. When I asked about their "money back guarantee" they argued with me and didn't call me back the next day as promised. A week later they emailed me for feedback. I provided feedback again and was finally offered a 25% refund. I will never book with them again.
Read Reddy2sail's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions LLC Seahorse Sail and SNorkel
Member Image Mimi A
Sep 2015
Took small bus to other side of island for Deadman's Reef (at Paradise Cove) Snorkeling and Beach Escape. We arrived at low tide and snorkeling was a swim from the beach to the reef - 1/4 mi. Snorkel, fins & mask provided; flotation belt extra. Grand Bahama Island has sea turtles, rays, and many different fish and coral. Beach did not have a lot of sunbathers. Best snorkeling I have ever done due to low tide giving me very close proximity to the sea life. Hope to return there again.
Read Mimi A's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image Qara
Sep 2015
A great 3-hour snorkel trip with Pat and Diane's Excursions. Super easy to book online and meet up at the port. Great rates in comparsion to ship tours. You pay the day of in case of itineray change or inclement weather so there's no risk if cancelled beyond your control. It was a small tour of less than 20 people, with about 1 hour to snorkel. Saw lots of tropical fish and sting ray. Enjoyed some refreshments on the boat after. Highly recommend!
Read Qara's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Pat and Diane Excursions
Member Image LSU Engineer
Highly recommend Pat & Dianes snorkeling
Read LSU Engineer's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Pat & Dianes
Member Image MsSnorkelTube
Jul 2015
Great, very helpful, the staff was professional, yet down to earth. Everyone went way beyond doing everything possible to make sure we enjoyed our snorkel adventure. We say so many fish and it was very reasonably priced.
Read MsSnorkelTube's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Pat & Diane Snorkel Company
Member Image May20PA
Jul 2015
Great snorkeling location and fun ship with slide.
Read May20PA's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Pat & Diane's
Member Image daisy_javy122514
Jul 2015
First one was cancelled but we went on the second one.
Read daisy_javy122514's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image JAKinFL
Jul 2015
Crew on and off the ship were fantastic. We had a great time and would definitely recommend this trip to others.
Read JAKinFL's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Provider: Pat and Diane's
Member Image kbm23
Jun 2015
awesome. so many cool fish and the staff rocked!
Read kbm23's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image ypnunes
Jun 2015
Sea Safari Snorkeling, the water was crystal clear, we saw interesting and beautiful marine life, guides and hostess were very friendly, kind and hospitable. It's a must do when visiting the Bahamas. We can't wait to do it again, our family Loved It!
Read ypnunes's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image atomicfrog
Jun 2015
Good time. Nice, knowledgeable guides.
Read atomicfrog's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image foxylady206
Jun 2015
Paradise Cove- I found this location on the internet. Get off the ship early to miss the large tours and people getting pictures done. It was $24 transportation from ship and back. My son and I brought our own equipment and my husband got a Free chair and umbrella and coke. We used the free floatation belt. Cost for 3 people was $103. After safety talk, we swam for over an hour. I fell coming out of the water on the hard sand rock area. Given Ice for bruised hand and my son got stung by fire coral by mistake by the tide. Bus driver was nice. I recommend this experience to anyone who can swim and don't like the large resort areas.
Read foxylady206's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: None- Personally found on line
Member Image oldsealegs2
May 2015
One of the best snorkeling trips ever. Went to Paradise Cove and Deadman's Reef with Dwaine and Eddie as our guides. It was fantastic to see a live reef and be in the beautiful water of the Bahamas.
Read oldsealegs2's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image riverc0il
Apr 2015
The port is heavily industrial but buses will get you to the beaches. We independently booked an excursion to Paradise Cove (it was not offered by NCL). Snorkeling was some of the best we've ever done and I definitely would like to go back again. Operator provided round trip transportation and was very diligent in ensuring every cruiser was accounted for and got back well before sail away time.
Read riverc0il's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Paradise Cove
Member Image Randifaye
Apr 2015
We did a reef snorkel with a beach break. It was fantastic. The water was a little choppy but they threw in some food and we saw a lot of fish. The reef was clean and the water was clear. And after they took us to a private beach area. That was great as well. There was a little market right at the beach to buy all of my souvenirs, they had a trampoline in the water and a park for the kids to play at. A bar and buffet as well as some ping pong tables and volleyball nets. It was all very neat and clean and well organised. I loved it and would book it again in a heart beat.
Read Randifaye's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image getupgo
Nov 2014

Wind was high and not safe to go into water.

Read getupgo's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image getupgo
Not Rated
Nov 2014

We were supposed to beach snorkel at Deadman's Reef. A very nice bus picked us up and the driver was very personable and gave us a nice commentary on the drive to the beach. The wind had come up by the time we got there and they advised against going into the water. They offered to reduce our charge to $20 each to cover the taxi ride, an excellent rum punch, and a beach chair. I thought that was reasonable. We stayed until noon when the wind increased again and the sand was blowing. Very nice, clean beach with very accomodating employees.

Read getupgo's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Provider: Paradise Beach
Member Image trekshop@aol.com
Not Rated
Oct 2014

Paradise Cove / Dead man's Reef check out there website!
Very nice and friendly people, beautiful beach and a great reef reachable from the beach, with LOTS of colorful tropical fish. all at a very reasonable price $35 per person including transportation from and to the ship. probably the best thing to do in Freeport, highly recommend it!

Read trekshop@aol.com's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Provider: Paradise Cove
Member Image magpie608
Aug 2014

The Catamaran Snorkel was great! I have never seen so many fish at once. The staff on the boat was friendly and they made it very relaxing. The reason I give 2 stars to the excursion is the transport to and from the catamaran. When we got off the excursion there was nobody there to meet us and take us back to where we had gotten off the bus. We were able to find our way back to the bus stop but the bus never showed up. Ever. We ended up having to find our way back to the ship ourselves Nothing like being in a foreign country and being forgotten! I was very disappointed.

Read magpie608's full Carnival Pride cruise review