Freeport Jeep Tour Excursion Reviews

Freeport Jeep Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Venturing off by Jeep is a great way to see the best of the Freeport and the Bahaman shoreline.
Member Image 757beachgirl
Oct 2015
This tour was very fun. Our guide, Joanne "Jojo" was soooo interesting, funny, witty, and helpful. You can tell she loves her job and sharing everything about the islands with you. Very knowledgeable and personable. My husband loved driving the Jeep especially on the "wrong" side of the road. We saw some really beautiful spots. The tour provides lunch (a simple one: deli sandwich, burger, hot dog, chips, lemonade, tea, etc). We ate at the Garden of the Groves, a serene botanical garden with walking paths and a waterfall. My adventurous husband found two or three really neat shells to take home from the various beaches we stopped at. We saw neighborhoods, beaches, the pine forest, pretty much everything there is to see in Freeport. It was just the right length of time, although at points we could have used more time to not feel rushed. The only negative was the last stop at Junkanoo Beach Club. It is only an hour's time so it seems too tight a time slot to actually do anything. Chairs are available to rent (not free) and some watersports rentals but my husband and I were too nervous that we would run out of time to do anything but just sit and talk on the deck with other people from the tour. Overall, very fun and relaxing way to see all the highlights of Freeport.
Read 757beachgirl's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image musicleader
Sep 2015
the tour guide didn't give us a tour, double back a lot over the island, wasted a lot of time, rushed us through places he did stop. 2 of the 3 beaches he stopped at, could not be accessed. We got back to the ship as the horn blowed
Read musicleader's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image starslayer74
Mar 2015
When we booked this, I had to sign a waiver because they looked at me and could tell that I have a bad back. I agreed to the waiver and I'm happy to say that there were no problems. We did off-road but it wasn't terrible and to be honest the roads in Baltimore are 10x worse than anything we drove over on this tour. As I stated above, we were delayed getting off the ship so we were "off" all day long. On the bus we were passing around another waiver form to be filled out and I was the last one to get it, just as we were pulling up. I hurriedly filled it out and turned it in, and we got off the bus. The rest of the group was being briefed and were in Jeeps and when the guide said "Who doesn't have a jeep?" I called out. After some confusion he discovered that I was standing with the wrong group and moved me over to the other group who was just finishing up the safety lecture. We followed our guide, Tony, to the jeeps and he put us in one by ourselves, which was a really nice surprise, as everyone else was sharing 4 people to one vehicle. We drove around the island and out onto a jetty, where we were able to get some beautiful photos, then out to Bens Cave, and Gold Rock Beach, where they filmed parts of Pirates of The Caribbean 2 & 3 (which is officially THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE I've ever been!), Taino beach, Garden of the Grove (more on this later), driving through a pine forest, and then we were dropped off at the Port Lucaya marketplace. We were thrown off on time and we ended up getting to the marketplace with only about half an hour until the last bus left. We rushed to buy some souvenirs and I really wanted my son to try conch fritters but there just wasn't enough time. Before I get to the only complaint I have about this tour, let me make it perfectly clear: THIS IS A MUST-DO TOUR!! I've been to Grand Bahama Island before, on my honeymoon years and years ago. I went to some of these spots, but I had more fun doing this tour than I've ever thought possible. We got to play with starfish, had a close encounter with a sting ray, played on the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen in my life, got to see lots of the island, and Tony was an awesome tour guide! My one and only complaint: This tour is advertised as "including lunch" - When we got to the first stop on the tour, Taino beach, Tony went around with a menu from The Garden of the Grove, taking orders so they could be called in ahead. It was a small menu and there were prices, but I figured that since it was so small, these were the "limited options" that we could choose from. Three hours later, we pulled into the Garden of the Grove, sat down, and we were told we had two hours to explore, and have lunch. We came in, sat down, and waited 1 1/2 hours for them to bring out our food that was pre-ordered. The food was good, but in NO way was it worth waiting that long. By the time we finished eating, we had barely any time to walk around the park. And it's such a shame because I've been there before, it's a BEAUTIFUL park. We walked a little, got a few photos, and then as we rushed to get back to the jeeps to leave, they approached me and told me that I had to pay for the food! I was surprised because it was supposed to be "included" and after the terrible service we encountered, they should have given us the food - so I had to pay nearly $50 for a hot dog, a quesadilla, french fries, two iced teas and a bottle of water! They included an 18% tip on my credit card bill and I drew a line through it and only paid them for the food. I was truly angry about this!
Read starslayer74's full Grand Celebration cruise review
Provider: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
Member Image curtiscruiser81012
Not Rated
Aug 2014

The Jeep tour is the best excursion for your money. We went to the garden of the groves, the caves, a historic beach, and a private beach club. we also were able to kayak for free. We drove all around the island, and they even took us shopping. This was an all day event, and worth every penny! We were able to do more than just have a good time, and go sight seeing, we were able to see the culture and history of the island. It was truly amazing.

Read curtiscruiser81012's full Bahamas Celebration cruise review
Provider: Celebration Cruise Line
Member Image PRCruiser124
Not Rated
May 2013
Awesome. Sammy and Joanne were great guides. Definately worth the money.
Read PRCruiser124's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image CruisingAg01
Apr 2013
Our party split up and booked two different excursions through the boat 'â,¬" the guys took the Jeep Tour and loved it. This included beach time and lunch. They brought back some great pictures. They also had the jeep to themselves (rather than sharing with 2 other people).
Read CruisingAg01's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image So St. Louis
Sep 2012
Freeport - we signed up for the ATV Adventure - this was excellent as well. You start off with an air conditioned bus tour of the city complete with the local history and historic buildings. Our tour guide David -AKA Da Mayor was excellent. He's one of those guys that you can tell loves his job. He dropped us off with Shawny and Michael (I think was his name) - they take you on the AV tour. This was a lot of fun - we've been on an ATV tour with Carnival before, but this was much better. You have a private trail to follow for most of the tour, and you get access to some of the most beautiful beaches you'll ever see. Shawny and Mike gladly take pictures of you with your camera so you can capture the moments forever. At the end of the ATV tour you're dropped off at a botanical garden with a few small shops. Very nice and great place for pictures. We found some nice jewelry for my wife as well. (I would strongly advise you take cash if you're going to purchase any items. We've used our credit card plenty of times before and never had any problems, but this time we certainly ended up with more charges to our account when we got back then we personally made if you understand what I'm saying). After the garden David takes you to a nice beach private beach where you can eat and drink and shop if you like. They also have a few water activities that are almost all free as well except the jet ski's. David picks you up and takes you back to the ship - fantastic day.
Read So St. Louis's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image pixelwiz
Mar 2012
In Freeport we went on the Jeep tour. It was amazing. Tony was a fantastic tour guide, and since I've been with their company before he hooked me up with my own Jeep to drive the whole time YEAH! (so even if it's your first time, maybe say you've been with them before and they'll treat you like royalty). The beach was nice, stops were good and informative, Jeeps had radios so he was talking to us along the way too, did a little off-roading and got as close to driving on the beach as possible. And at the end they were flexible enough to drop us off at the shopping site instead of the pickup location, which saved a cab fare. There is a nice beach there too, and it has Hobie Cat sail boats you can rent, but they close early like 4 or 5PM, so I was too late, wish I knew in advance and would have totally done that cause we had time.
Read pixelwiz's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image JKB001
Feb 2012
Our first impression of Freeport Bahamas wasn't great...looks like just an industrial port at first. We did the Island Jeep Adventure and found we were mistaken! This excursion is HIGHLY recommended, we had a BLAST! There is a minimum of 4 people per jeep, you follow a guide around the island (which is helpful considering they drive on the opposite side of the road!) We visited a beautiful beach, drove through a pine forest, had lunch/visited a beautiful botanical garden and ended at another gorgeous beach with a bar/grill where we guessed it...Conch Fritters...these were hands down the best on the entire trip!
Read JKB001's full Carnival Magic cruise review