Freeport Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Freeport Shore Excursions > Beach Break

Enjoy a relaxing day on the beach surrounded by surf, sand and water sports on a beach break excursion in Freeport.

mrcajunjoker

1 review

I think that it was called Beach Break. Freeport is kind of odd... It seems very industrial. There are a few bars and shops when you dock, but no beach. You have to be bused across the island to a beach. Now it was very well organized. We got informed about the island and even sung to by the bus driver... We arrived at a beach spot that has a full prepared food if you purchase that plan, jet skis, trampoline, volleyball, chess, bathroom facilities the were spot on clean, and showers to cleanup.

wendyinohio

1 review

We took a very comfortable bus ride with an entertaining and informative driver to the Taino Beach Resort, where we spent about three hours trying to enjoy the beach and the resort pool despite the clouds, wind and cool temperatures. If it had been warmer and less windy, we would have loved this beach. It was lovely and off the beaten path - not very crowded and very family friendly. We liked being part of the resort because we got to use their chairs and enjoy their pool and lazy river.

phxbbw6ft1

1 review

LOVED it!!!!!! The beach was awesome and their pool had a lazy river and slide. best part was bar/Grotto- Best day ever!

RickySQL

The great weather continued in Freeport, and we enjoyed the day at the Taino Beach resort. Spend the first part of the day on the ocean beach and in the water a bit, before curling up for a nap. After a great lunch, I grabbed a tube and floated around the lazy river three times, with drink in hand! Perfect day! Oh and the bar drinks were strong and awesome!

L44

1 review

We took a Scary Taxi Ride to Lucaya Public Beach!! We get to the beach and go to the right to find a LONG WALK TO THE BEACH then we find a spot . The beach is gorgeus but you have to watch for glass and trash cutting ur feet and hands in the sand. BillY'S Resturant has by far the best food. They Conach is the best their . But all they take is cash not cards.

Sheepdog7561

1 review

Average resort. Slow understaffed bar. Watch your tap they double charge stuff hoping you'll get drunk and just pay without checking. Credit cards ONLY no USD.

bribook

Spent the day at the Taino Beach Club. Highly recommend if you just want to soak up the sun and swim!

cyshift

Did a beach pass at the Grand Lucayan for $15. Access to their infinity pool, private beach, cushioned chairs, hammocks, bar, bathrooms, showers, etc. Wonderful! BUT bring towels from the ship!

Maryeveryday

1 review

Was driven around the island, stopped at an extremely small shopping area, then finished at Taino beach.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

callmearavis

1 review

The Grand Lucayan was beautiful. The pool was sparkling and clean! The beach area was amazing. The food served for the included-lunch was OK.

Cat's Mama

1 review

Wyndham Resort - unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, buffet lunch and beach time. The weather was chilly and windy. The music was mainly rap music by a DJ - expected something a little more Caribbean.

stardj

Good information and tour given by shuttle driver to the beach. Nice sandy beach. Was able to do some shopping after lying on the beach. Shop owners were not that eager to deal with their prices much but I guess that could be said for other tourist locations. Excursion is a little too short for time allotted.

Rogueperson

This was a beautiful beach. The only people within view (and it was a long view) were people on this tour.

copref

We did the Junkanoo Beach excursion with transportation. It was OK. Water was too cold to go snorkeling, but there was a great beach volleyball game going on and I was able to meet some other people. We had the local beer here.

hillcat79

1 review

The Beach day was OK, we didn't spend that much time there. There was no one there! But that's because of the time of the year we went, however it was nice and quite. I fell asleep, it was great. They have Motorized water sports as well there, so you will have a great time.

Happyfamilyontario

1 review

The older kids pick this resort because of the all inclusive. Weather didn't cooperate and resort staff seemed to be hard to find. Bartender made good drinks we were informed. They only stayed for a few hours because of weather and went into town.

peacefrog0521

1 review

After Lucaya Cricket Ground, Sonny took me back to Taino Beach where I hung out for a few hours. I walked along the rocky beach to the quiet area with no people, and just enjoyed the breeze and the open clear blue water. After walking back I had a couple of beers (two for $7) and chilled out, then went into the water for a bit. It was still warm, or at least not cold, even on a partly cloudy day. I kinda wish I'd tried the stand-up paddle-boarding. On my way out before catching the taxi back to port, I bought a cheap $10 watch at the trinket shop, ostensibly so I could use it instead of carrying my phone around to keep time. Too bad it didn't work. They squeezed at least 12 people into that little minivan going back to the cruise port. I wasn't sure we'd make it, though there was plenty of time.

*Luv2Cruz*

A return to paradise 42 years later!

JMCruising

1 review

This was the highlight of our entire cruise. I would recommend this excursion to anyone. The bus ride to the Garden of the Groves (where the ATV trek starts) was informative and fun thanks to David the driver. It was about 45 minutes to get there. The ATV riding was about an hour and a half. You go through trails and then to Chloe's point to stop for scenic pictures. Mario the ATV guide makes you feel comfortable. We had different experienced riders and everyone went their own pace and had fun. The gardens were ok. You get an hour there. It's pretty. The beach break is at Junkanoo Beach and it is a nice beach. We had a little to eat and some drinks and then just enjoyed the breeze. FYI, there are jet ski's you can rent there. This is a long excursion. 5.5 hours. We were only in Freeport from 8-5 and the excursion started at 10. But Freeport seems nice and they are building a Senor Frogs right there on the pier. I didn't think Freeport was too industrial and thought it was beautiful.

rsalhoff

1 review

Fantastic way to spend a day in the Bahamas. Infinity pool was amazing along with the whole resort! (Coconut Fried Chicken was WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS)

NeyNeyshus

Went to Our Lucaya Radisson for the day. This property is amazing! We swam and shopped acroos the street at the marketplace.

Stacktester

1 review

Went to the beach and walked in the water up to our ankles, just to say we were in the Caribbean. Then with all of the debris floating around we went to lay on the beach. We would of used the chairs on the beach but they wanted $10 each, so we left and went shopping. Shopping was very expensive and dirty, so we returned to the ship by 1 PM.

MSEnterprise

1 review

A nice beach with snorkeling, kayaks (including glass bottom) and a restaurant. Very little people the day we went, it was beautiful. The hard part was getting there. Since Paradise Cove is about 20-30 minutes from the port, taxis only want to take full loads in their bus-vans. The group rate of $8/person only applies when 8 people ride. We got off the ship after brunch (the ship docked at 8am) so there were less people at the taxi stand. We ended up getting some other people to join our group, and paid $10/person each way for the 5 of us. Food at Paradise Cove is just one small grill, there is no big hotel there, no other big buildings. Very peaceful and natural. Food prices were cheap and food was good. Full set of snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, flippers, floating belt) was $15 per person.

sometime_cruiser

Took taxi to Tieno (sp) beach. Paid for beach chairs. All umbrella was sold out so we were toasting under the sun and had to leave after 3 hours. Wish we could stay longer because the beach was quite nice.

Lawyer1732

1 review

Freeport is dirty and dilapidated and still struggling to rebuild after the hurricane of several years ago. Port Lucaya does offer some good bargains and friendly shopping if you stick to the cruise-recommended shops. Otherwise, I would suggest staying on the ship and enjoying the quick trips to the buffet and empty pools.

Qikese

This was the second port of this trip and the first time I got off at this port in several visits, mainly because the ship is never docked for a long time here and getting to anything worthwhile takes some time. But, I got a special on a tour; an all inclusive day at the Viva Wyndham. We enjoyed this tour quite a bit. We liked the calm setting at the Wyndham. The drinks weren't watered down and they were included. We ate at the buffet, which had a good selection, but was a little bland. My favorite part of the tour was getting a chance to do some archery, which I haven't done in years. The beach at the resort has the most wonderful feeling soft, white sand and, of course, the Caribbean waters are always gorgeous. The pool water was like bath water and it was nice and clean. The biggest drawback to this tour was the fact that the ship was only in port from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. With travel time to and from the hotel, we only ended up with about 3 hours there making the money spent on the tour, even with the discount, a little less worthwhile. This was the reason I scored this a 4 rather than 5. If I didn't get the tour discount, I would not not have felt that the tour was worth the full price due to the very limited time even though we did enjoy it.

seabeeknox1

1 review

Took a bit of a drive to get there, once we did Kendall and the staff there took very good care of us, the beach was nice, rocky but we read reviews and prepared for it, water shoes work great, the snorkeling was good, kayaking fun, the pool was very nice. Resort was very nice and people friendly. The people that booked this excursion through the ship had to leave at 130 which we thought kind of sucked. We took water bottles, cheap plastic ones I picked up at dollar tree they filled them with whatever we wanted to drink. the one thing that stood out about this place was Kendall, we didnt have the right receipt form printed, he let my girlfriend use his computer while issuing us armbands and letting me take the kids to swim and start the fun, when I thanked him he said "No problem Mon its your vacation" VERY PLEASED with this place especially after reading the mixed reviews.

schizman

1 review

All inclusive Viva Wyndham. Price was right for the all inclusive excursion. Beach was nice. Ocean was very rocky though so take water shoes.

ee1999

1 review

All the Bahama Mamas you can drink and a barbecue on Taino Beach. The people were very friendly.

wsison23

1 review

The caves were a site to see. The main attraction was the beach for us. Our Lucaya Resort had a great beach, but Gold Rock was even better!

davies81

$7 per person to get to the beach, each way. Became more expensive to go to this beach with the family and not nearly as nice as compared to Nassau. Next time we will stay on the ship. Freeport is an excuse for a cruise port. Very industrial there. Nothing happening! We went to Taino Beach which is the Junkanoo Facility. It is okay to just hang out on if you want a beach but not many activities.