Maui Maui Tropical Plantation Excursion Reviews

Maui Maui Tropical Plantation cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Witness coconut husking, luscious fruit, and flower crops while touring the 60 acres of Maui's Tropical Plantation.
Member Image Flyer55
Not Rated
Oct 2012
If you wonder what all the plants you are seen are, go on this tour. It isn't too long and the tram makes for an easier day.
Read Flyer55's full Celebrity Century cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image mauiedin87
Mar 2012
Loved the Maui Ocean Center but the Maui Tropical Plantation was a little underwhelming, although certainly recommended for mobility-impaired folks and first-time visitors. Happy to see the Made on Maui store on the premises (but easily missed since it's quite small).
Read mauiedin87's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Traveling Dot
Mar 2012
Not worth the money. It is a short tram ride with a demonstration how to husk a coconut and then back to the souvenir shop.
Read Traveling Dot's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image thefenderbender
1 review
Dec 2011
We actually took the "Best of Maui - Plantation, Iao Valley & Ocean Center" offered through NCL. It made for a very long day, but was enjoyable. The Maui Tropical Plantation had a big shopping opportunity - I found some tea, coffee, and sugar cane stirs. They also had ice cream made in Hawaii with many different tropical flavors - we tried several flavors and I crave it now just thinking about it! The tour of the plantation itself was fun, but it was a bit uncomfortable. They filled the tram completely full - even if a row had large folks who really didn't fit well with the count they wanted in the row. My hubby and I are heavy and basically I ended up having my thigh wedged against the side of the tram and it wasn't very comfortable. They did stop at one point along the way and a girl showed husking a coconut. Be careful clamoring for the front row when you watch - my husband complained the rest of the day that he got something in his eyes when she was cracking the shell. If that was it or dust I can't say, but he was grumpy for a bit after that. We did have a lunch there and that was good. Nothing amazing, but good and more than enough to fill someone up.
Read thefenderbender's full Pride of America cruise review