Maui Maui Tropical Plantation Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Maui Shore Excursions > Maui Tropical Plantation

Witness coconut husking, luscious fruit, and flower crops while touring the 60 acres of Maui's Tropical Plantation.

Flyer55

1 review

If you wonder what all the plants you are seen are, go on this tour. It isn't too long and the tram makes for an easier day.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

mauiedin87

Loved the Maui Ocean Center but the Maui Tropical Plantation was a little underwhelming, although certainly recommended for mobility-impaired folks and first-time visitors. Happy to see the Made on Maui store on the premises (but easily missed since it's quite small).

Provider: Holland America Line

Traveling Dot

Not worth the money. It is a short tram ride with a demonstration how to husk a coconut and then back to the souvenir shop.

Provider: Holland America Line

thefenderbender

1 review

We actually took the "Best of Maui - Plantation, Iao Valley & Ocean Center" offered through NCL. It made for a very long day, but was enjoyable. The Maui Tropical Plantation had a big shopping opportunity - I found some tea, coffee, and sugar cane stirs. They also had ice cream made in Hawaii with many different tropical flavors - we tried several flavors and I crave it now just thinking about it! The tour of the plantation itself was fun, but it was a bit uncomfortable. They filled the tram completely full - even if a row had large folks who really didn't fit well with the count they wanted in the row. My hubby and I are heavy and basically I ended up having my thigh wedged against the side of the tram and it wasn't very comfortable. They did stop at one point along the way and a girl showed husking a coconut. Be careful clamoring for the front row when you watch - my husband complained the rest of the day that he got something in his eyes when she was cracking the shell. If that was it or dust I can't say, but he was grumpy for a bit after that. We did have a lunch there and that was good. Nothing amazing, but good and more than enough to fill someone up.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line