Dominica Rainforest Tour Excursion Reviews

Dominica Rainforest Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
A rainforest tour through Dominica will take you through the island's isolated nature trails and forest trails, and over bridges and streams. Keep an eye out (and camera ready) for wildlife.
Member Image jcqangel
Not Rated
Feb 2014

Hot springs were awesome and the rainforest was beautiful. However, if you are afraid of heights you have to walk over a narrow rickety bridge over a river.

Read jcqangel's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image SailAwaySal
Feb 2014

Dominica is where the second Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed. It is very tropical and we took the River, Tubing, Rainforest Drive and Hibiscus Falls excursion. The Hibiscus Falls is beautiful - I was surprised that Dominica had such a large rainforest area, it truly was beautiful but they have a lot of poverty.

Read SailAwaySal's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Gottogofishin
Mar 2013
Elvis was our tour guide. Great guy- This hike was the Batan Death March. Very strenuous. Great waterfall at the end, but you pay for it. Be prepared! You will be completely worn out after this trip.
Read Gottogofishin's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Provider: Nature Isle Explorer
Member Image Shipahoy12
Mar 2013
Booked through Thomson. Very green and lush island. Made a nice change from the other more sparse vegetation. Visited the Hibiscus Falls and took some great photos. Then visited Mero Beach with its "black sand" - not really black but certainly not white like the others! Was pretty good and enjoyed it. Driver/guide was ok. Thought tour seemed a little shorter than planned.
Read Shipahoy12's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image Susiebell2
Feb 2013
This place was one of the most beautiful places on the earth! The rainforest gardens are amazing, the tour of the resort was very educational. The caribe lunch with flying fish and tamarind juice was spectacular. The sulfur springs and complimentary rum punch were wonderful, too. We want to go back to Dominica...it was a beautiful island and pristine. The taxi cab ride was pretty expensive ($20 per person for 7 miles away).
Read Susiebell2's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Papillote Resort
Member Image awinte2
Feb 2013
Did rain on our tour. They say it rains every day in Domonica. Was interesting but would probably would not go back to this island.
Read awinte2's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image vacationdealsgirl
Jan 2013
We booked the Roseau Valley Best Hike through Levi Bumpiing Tours. Kelvin (Levi's cousin) was our fantastic tour guide for the day. It was my first trip to a rain forest, and pretty much what I expected. I will say I underestimated how strenuous it would be (or overestimated my abilities), but even so, hiking 1000 feet up to Middleham Falls was well worth it. Kelvin was great, shared his knowledge of different plants, trees, the park, and was very patient with us when we needed to stop for a breather. After this they drove us to Titou Gorge which was awesome! You don't have to be an olympic swimmer as everyone has to wear a floatation belt and they will pull you through if the current is too strong (guess how I know this?) This was a great experience, not to be missed! Then we got back on the van and headed to Trafalgar Falls and the hot mineral springs. Again, the falls were beautiful and the hot springs a welcome relief to our tired legs! Normally at this point they take you to Champagne Reef for snorkeling, but everyone in our van opted to stop at a little road-side cafe for some authentic Dominica fare instead. We all had rum punch and a huge plate of food with many different things I had never tried (or seen) before for about $18pp before tip. On our drive out of the rain forest he pulled off at another road-side stand where I bought a large basket for $15! After that we enjoyed the ride downhill back to town and the cruise ship. Again, they provided a cooler with bottled water, Kubli beer and an orange soda that I did not try. I'm neither a beer drinker, but DH and many others really liked the Kubli. Another great day!
Read vacationdealsgirl's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Provider: Bumpiing Tours
Member Image hopken
Dec 2012
Hired a local cab driver for a very pleasant tour. Mostly hills and jungle.
Read hopken's full MSC Poesia cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image sheekar
Read sheekar's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image laingcm
Dec 2012
another beautiful island in the caribbean!
Read laingcm's full MSC Poesia cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Mcaenki
Dec 2012
Very good guide (Leon), with lots of knowledge, good sense of humor and very helpful. Tour was interesting, with little walk through rainforest to the waterfalls and then a second walk to the hot springs.
Read Mcaenki's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image Misswings02
Dec 2012
What can I say, first time for hubby to island; however, this was my fifth trip. I am never disappointed with the lush landscape in the mountains and the people are very friendly. Our tour guide was awesome and our driver drove with consideration that the hills / turns could cause motion sickness and handled the roads very professionally to ensure all were comfortable.
Read Misswings02's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image OhioLEO
Nov 2012
This was our only planned excursion of the cruise. It was booked privately not through the cruise ship. Company was called Bumpiing Tours. Levi was our contact. We emailed back and forth after I found a review here on CC. There were 7 in our group that did the island tour, Emerald Pool, Mr Nice fruit stand, Trafalgar Falls, Sulpher Springs, Rain Forest tour and Morne Bruce. Our guide Kashma was wonderful and explained everything that we saw. Brendon our driver was great to hang out with and talk. They got us to the Emerald Pool before the rest of the tours from the ship showed up so we were able to enjoy the cool water pretty much by ourselves. By far the best day of the cruise. I will def use them again and highly recommend them to anyone.
Read OhioLEO's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Provider: Bumpiing Tours
Member Image cruiseguy56
Nov 2012
Our tour leader felt like family after a few minutes on the bus. Beatuiful island, great tour.
Read cruiseguy56's full Noordam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image mrfviews
Mar 2012
Great scenery & greenery everywhere, just loved it 1
Read mrfviews's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image Parlaming0
Mar 2012
A walk through the rainforest. It's exactly what it sounds like.
Read Parlaming0's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image Optima7
Feb 2012
It was great but I do not remember the details. Ridiculous as I do not have Alzheimer's. It is a very beautiful unspoiled nature reserve.
Read Optima7's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image IGH Cruiser
Feb 2012
Terrific experience at a lesser cost than booking throught the Summit.
Read IGH Cruiser's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image Chemaniac
Feb 2012
Excellent guide and driver. Interesting to see all the damage done by hurricanes and how they are rebuilding the road. First stop was overlooking the town and port and then to the botanical gardens, still recovering from Hurricane David (1976). Excellent commentary about their economy. Waterfalls at the rainforest was quite accessible and one felt safe going down the steps.
Read Chemaniac's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image snoopfoggyfogg
Jan 2012
The gem of the Caribbean there is loads to see in the rainforest like the boiling lake, the waterfalls which is the most beautiful natural thing I have seen, we visited the hot sulphur springs too. Even though I have done this once I will definitely do it again. There are some areas that were used to film Pirates of the Caribbean that you can visit too.
Read snoopfoggyfogg's full Ventura cruise review
Provider: Local Taxi