Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Kona Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Kona Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Snorkeling in the beautiful waters of Kona is a great way to see Hawaii's wide array of beautiful and exotic sea creatures up close.
Member Image Utjim
Aug 2015
Captain Zodiac--to go 30 mph doing donuts in the ocean in a 24 foot raft is really fun. The snorkeling is pretty good also.
Read Utjim's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image rrussell1967
Jul 2015
Captain Zodiac snorkel and boat ride was great. Got to see some very active dolphins, a great area to snorkel, a great crew and a fun boat tour of the area.
Read rrussell1967's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image LuauLei
Jul 2015
Helpful, fun staff. Good snorkeling. Pleasant catamaran ride to a coral reef. Great food and beverage. A very good excursion. Use sunscreen and avoid the water slide. The impact on hitting the water hurts.
Read LuauLei's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image kaemom
Jun 2015
Excellent, see my review in ship review. We loved our Captain Zodiac tour. Saw dolphins up close!
Read kaemom's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image rbrady25
May 2015
Captain Zodiac is a must do. All ages on the little boat with us. The snorkeling was amazing!!. Loved the port and all the little shops that were around after we were done with the shore excursion.
Read rbrady25's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image wegian2933
Apr 2015
Second windiest bay in the world. I've been on 2 cruises and never used the dramamine. There should be a note on the excursion explanation to take a tablet at breakfast just in case. Yes, I upchucked breakfast then felt much better. I learned how to snorkel properly in a very class and then did splendidly once in the water. I could have done it all day long. Gorgeous fish and reef, the crew was well versed in the subject and a happy bunch at that! we didn't see sea turtles, but seeing a baby whale made up for it.
Read wegian2933's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image HappyCoupleForever
Apr 2015
We did snorkeling and my husband tried snuba. The boat ride out to where we snorkeled was fun. We saw dolphins as if they were cued to come and swim with us. The crew on the boat were fun, very social, and they made the day just great. The food was good. Great excursion.
Read HappyCoupleForever's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image KT2honeymoon
Apr 2015
It was interesting. I thought it would be more colorful. The boat gys were nice but didn't explain the snorkeling technique at all. Just assumed we knew what we were doing.
Read KT2honeymoon's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image TexasHM
Jan 2015

Took SeaQuest Expedition South Kona 5 hour tour and had a blast. Amazing snorkeling and great crew. Would maybe skip the second snorkel spot to spend more time at the other two but it worked out fine. Saw lots of turtles, fish, eels, great visibility.

Read TexasHM's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: SeaQuest
Member Image AnnMimi
Not Rated
Nov 2014

Went on the Captain Zodiac Raft, Snorkel & Dolphin Adventure. I am 66 years old. Not in bad shape, but I was a little nervous about the ride in the Zodiac. No problem. They let me sit in the back by the pilot. Once at the snorkel site the water was super clear, warm & calm. Saw thousands of colorful fish. The time passed quickly. Was in the water over (1) hour. Back in the raft for the ride back my husband & I were seated in the front this time. A bit bumpy, but not bad. They gave us water or soda to drink & cut up oranges & pineapple to eat as we cruised along. We were taken along by the cliffs to see lava tubes. Then we saw about 30 dolphins swimming. The coastline scenery was gorgeous. The weather was great. Highly recommend this snorkel trip.

Read AnnMimi's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image Cozumel Jim
Sep 2013

Not impressed. They giving non-swimmers noddles or skim boards to hang onto instead of life jackets. Thire equipment was below pair, fins outdated and snorkels weren't kept in good shape. I got two leakers before one worked. I love the water, and was raised around it. Bunch of yahoos running this excursion.

Read Cozumel Jim's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image Loveabeach
Aug 2013

We booked the Captain Zodiac rafting and snorkelling tours. They were a fun loving highly professional company, ensuring everyone felt at ease with the activities on the day and giving extra time and attention to those that required it. We spent an about an hour snorkelling Kealakelu Bay near the Captain Cook memorial. It was such a happy, fun thing to do, made more enjoyable by the staff on the raft. On the way back we saw a pod of Bottle Nose Dolphins and a couple of them took to surfing in our wake. We also spotted Spinner dolphins leaping out of the water, which is an amazing sight. Afterwards we lunched at Quinn's- Almost by the Sea which boasts the best fish and chips on the island (they weren't wrong) and strolling around the shops. I highly recommend doing this excursion.

Read Loveabeach's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image moonzblue
Aug 2013

Captain Zodiak tour had major problems.

Read moonzblue's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image auntwho
Apr 2013
Captain Zodiac, great time, the only thing was too many people it at the same time, not able to get to our backpack to put on my tshirt and my back burned
Read auntwho's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image jenniferkatie
Jan 2013
BEST excursion this trip!!
Read jenniferkatie's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image jenniferkatie
Jan 2013
AWESOME snorkle adventure!! Hell, just the boat ride was worth the cost!! Beautiful 12mile ride up the coast to a marrine sanctuary where we got to snorkle and see fish and coral...beautiful rock walls with crystal blue and white surf hitting the walls...gorgeous!! Best of our excursions this trip!
Read jenniferkatie's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image rgbujoy18
Not Rated
Nov 2012
Not a good place to snorkel... not worth for a 94 dollars kayak and snorkel.. theres no fish, even you will see a lots of corrals, No fish... at all... My best place to snorkel so far was in the Philippines. Puerto Galera. Plenty of different kinds and colors of fish, corrals are healthy and colorful too. they even come to you because the guy who come with you will give you a free food for the fish.
Read rgbujoy18's full Celebrity Century cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image YVR2dreams
Sep 2012
We did the Snorkel and Dolphin excursion with Body Glove through the cruise ship. This was my favorite. We boarded their 165 ft catamaran for a nice breakfast of fresh fruit, baked goods and Kona coffee as we sailed out to the Red Hill marine sanctuary. We passed several groups of dolphins along the way. Once we anchored we were given snorkeling instructions and fitted with all the gear. I took a flotation vest since I'm a bit nervous in deep water, though a lot of people just took noodles. The snorkeling was awesome. After about an hour of snorkeling we came back aboard for a delicious and filling lunch. Afterwards we had the option to do more snorkeling, go down the slide or just play in the water with the various floaty toys available. The boat had great facilities, 3 washrooms, tables & seats on the main deck and bench style seating on the top deck. On the way back there were bar drinks available at very reasonable prices. A very enjoyable day was had.
Read YVR2dreams's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image 7Flags
Aug 2012
Drove ourselves to Kahuluu Beach for a snorkeling rendezvous with Green Sea Turtles and tons of flashy fish. Great area for beginners and others. Easy in and out and quite large. Lots of folks but not crowded at all.
Read 7Flags's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image kornfein
Jun 2012
Excursion was well run and organized on this particular day the snorkeling was so-so. Kona is the only real resort town on the itinerary, spent the rest of the day walking around, shopping, watching surfers etc.
Read kornfein's full Pride of America cruise review