Kona Kayaking Excursion Reviews

Kona Kayaking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Paddle through the beautiful waters of Kona and take in all of the picturesque sights with this kayaking excursion.
Member Image twinnie18
1 review
Dec 2013

We did the kayaking and snorkling trip which was nice although I did get a bit seasick in the kayak so I didn't enjoy that part as much. We stopped for lunch on the rocks and then you can snorkel to your hearts content. The snorkeling was okay but not anything truly spectacular, although I think it's always fun just to see what's underneath you and how deep the water is.

You get the opportunity to go cliff diving, only three out of about 10 or 12 of us did it, I was the first! It was thrilling and a long enough drop to have a conversation with yourself, as one of the other divers put it! The water really slaps you when you dive in and it felt like a lifetime before I resurfaced but it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Kona itself is actually quite beautiful - home to macadamia nuts and kona coffee! After our kayaking/snorkeling trip we walked around the main area. We got good shave ice from a place near where the tender boats for the ship dock, there are signs up everywhere so it's not hard to find. There's also a place that has great food and cocktails and they do shrimp buckets, the name escapes me.

Read twinnie18's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image rgbujoy18
1 review
Nov 2012
If your are a Kayak fanatic. I would recommend it because it's a 3 mile kayak.
Read rgbujoy18's full Celebrity Century cruise review