Kona Kayaking Excursion Reviews

Kona Kayaking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Paddle through the beautiful waters of Kona and take in all of the picturesque sights with this kayaking excursion.
Member Image Paulinewhite375
May 2015
Excellent excursion. Kayaking and snorkelling with lunch on a volcanic rock. Tour guides were brilliant - our kayak capsized and we lost our camera, sunglasses and snorkel gear and the guide managed to find it all.
Read Paulinewhite375's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image blue22girl
Mar 2015
this was actually a kayak/snorkel activity wrapped in one (according to what we booked). questionably organized, but friendly guides. they kept talking about bad weather preventing us to do all these things and hurrying us back, though it still took the 4 hours that it was listed as. we snorkeled for like 10 minutes. our group was all moderate skill kayakers so there wasn't any beginners / stragglers.
Read blue22girl's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image twinnie18
Dec 2013

We did the kayaking and snorkling trip which was nice although I did get a bit seasick in the kayak so I didn't enjoy that part as much. We stopped for lunch on the rocks and then you can snorkel to your hearts content. The snorkeling was okay but not anything truly spectacular, although I think it's always fun just to see what's underneath you and how deep the water is.

You get the opportunity to go cliff diving, only three out of about 10 or 12 of us did it, I was the first! It was thrilling and a long enough drop to have a conversation with yourself, as one of the other divers put it! The water really slaps you when you dive in and it felt like a lifetime before I resurfaced but it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Kona itself is actually quite beautiful - home to macadamia nuts and kona coffee! After our kayaking/snorkeling trip we walked around the main area. We got good shave ice from a place near where the tender boats for the ship dock, there are signs up everywhere so it's not hard to find. There's also a place that has great food and cocktails and they do shrimp buckets, the name escapes me.

Read twinnie18's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image rgbujoy18
Nov 2012
If your are a Kayak fanatic. I would recommend it because it's a 3 mile kayak.
Read rgbujoy18's full Celebrity Century cruise review