Dominica Kayaking Excursion Reviews

Dominica Kayaking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Kayaking through Dominica's tropical waters is a fun and active way to experience the Caribbean's gorgeous scenery.
Member Image Nipigongirl
1 review
Dec 2012
I love Dominica and would go back there again. We did the Downstream River to Ocean Kayak (RO14). I did this tour two years ago with another adult and we had a very good time. This time however wasn't as good but it was not the fault of the tour company. The river/landscape got severely altered last year when there was a very large landslide from the mountain. They were still dredging the river when we were there but we hit a lot of rocks and sandbars on the way to the ocean. I didn't find this very much fun although my daughter still liked it but she had never been kayaking before. I also felt that they rushed the tour and that might have been because of the rain. We had a quick swim in the ocean...maybe 20 minutes and instead of kayaking 1/2 back up the river, we walked a bit to an area that where our meeting place was. I assume this is done because of the overall difficulty kayaking because of the rocks, etc. We were given juice and/or rum punch and then tasted some local fish dish. The rum punch and fish were excellent. Then we waited over an hour for our bus driver to return. We were told he had been sent on another errand which is why he was delayed. The bus driver finally came back and I will say that the bus driver was very informative on both the trip to and back from the kayaking spot. He did apologize for the delay and I did give him a tip because he did take the time to point out different things...even pulling over to pick some lemon grass for us all to smell. But, based on the condition of the river, I would not do this excursion again but definitely would love to go back to Dominica.
Read Nipigongirl's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review