Kauai Kayaking Excursion Reviews

Kauai Kayaking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Kayaking in Kauai is a great way for the adventurous traveler to see the island.
Member Image Linzd123
Mar 2016
We kayaked for about 2 miles and then were told we had to hike through the forest to the waterfall. This would've been ok if we had had our own rucksacks but they gave us a waterproof rucksack with our lunch in and whatever belongings we wanted to take. There were two of us in our party so we put out thins in not realising we had to carry it. If I had known we had to carry it I would've put our rucksacks I the waterproof bag and left the waterproof bag at the kayak and hiked with our own bags. The waterproof bag was so heavy and I had a back injury. The lunch that was provided was pathetic. A turkey and cress wrap which tasted disgusting. Pasta with olives and capers which I also didn't like. I saw that out lunch bag had two bottles of water and two cans of soda which is obviously what made our bag so damn heavy! When we were at the falls I looked around and people on other tours had a much nicer lunch than us. Our tour guide gave us no information whatsoever. We didn't even know how long the kayak or hike was going to be. He didn't offer any information fromthesecknd we got in the van to the second he dropped us off. Disappointing all round really.
Read Linzd123's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: Outfitters Kauai
Member Image busygirl53
Dec 2013

It was a great experience for us on both days! We enjoyed the kayaking and the tour group really looked after everyone and made it very enjoyable. Lots of bug bites but other than that loved it.

Read busygirl53's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image Ernest Hemingway
Not Rated
Jul 2013

It will say water shoes recommended. Should be required. And they will need to be pretty sturdy.

Read Ernest Hemingway's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image lsufan93
Jul 2012
Nice scenery along the river and trip to the waterfall. Keep in mind, this is not a leisurely kayak trip to look at scenery. Was very active tour.
Read lsufan93's full Pride of America cruise review