Kauai Kauai Plantation Railway Excursion Reviews

Kauai Kauai Plantation Railway cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Hop aboard the Kauai Plantation Railway for a fun and enlightening tour of old Hawaii.
Member Image ashelbie
Jul 2015
Cute little railway around the plantation that hosts the Lu'au. It's fun, but not a must-see.
Read ashelbie's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image Pamela J
Apr 2015
We had been to Kauai before, but doing this tour was excellent. A very interesting tour. The drive to the railway point was also interesting. we would certainly recommend this tour.
Read Pamela J's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image skm3998
Apr 2015
The train ride was ok but nothing spectacular. We did learn alot about the things that are grown in Hawaii and those products that are not. I guess I was expecting more things to look at.
Read skm3998's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image ATLmagnos
Jul 2012
We went to the Luau. I wasn't really sure how it was going to be - it had all the right features to be a total tourist trap - but to my surprise it was absolutely lovely. The food is TRADITIONAL so if you don't like rice, pork and the like - you will probably be unhappy. It's a luau people, you go for the experience. We seriously had the wort seats in the house and still managed to have a great time.
Read ATLmagnos's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image thefenderbender
Dec 2011
We did the plantation tour before the Kalamaku luau - it was booked as one excursion. The railway was enjoyable and not crowded when we were there. They had a nice shop with shirts and other goodies along with another gift shop and a place to try liquor - I don't recall what type it was (wine maybe?) we didn't do the tasting. In all it was a nice add on to the luau.
Read thefenderbender's full Pride of America cruise review