Honolulu Polynesian Cultural Center Excursion Reviews

Honolulu Polynesian Cultural Center cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Learn all about the history and culture of the Polynesian islands at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Member Image AnnMimi
Not Rated
Nov 2014

We did the NCL 11 day tour. We arrived in Honolulu on Wednesday & did excursions. On Thursday we went to the North Shore & stopped at the Dole Pineapple area. Whipped Pineapple sherbet was delicious. The Polynesian Cultural Center was very interesting. Went to the different village areas & saw shows of their culture. Had a buffet lunch then saw parade of boats with dancers from the various Polynesian areas. Our tour guide was Cody. He was fantastic!!

Read AnnMimi's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image snafyensid
Not Rated
Dec 2013

Garfield, our tour guide, was an excellent host and driver. The drive along the north beach was especially beautiful. It was a little disappointing not to stop at the LDS Temple to take pictures as the tour description indicated. The Polynesian Cultural Center was beautiful. We saw a few shows and they were wonderful. The staff were very helpful. PCC was very wheelchair accessible.

We arrived back to the dock with plenty of time before the ship left so we walked around the Aloha center (pretty much empty).

Read snafyensid's full Grand Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image NoHUB
Dec 2012
A wonderful way to experience the culture of the islands. We were picked up and dropped off in front of the Cruise Ship and the ride to the PCC was full of fun information about the Island and it history. We really enjoyed the PCC the only complaint I have is about the traditional Luau meal. I was dissappointed with the food, and the seating arrangments, they had us lined up at banquet tables. It felt like I was attending a church sponsered "pot-liuck dinner", but at over $50. per person, I would have expected better seating arrangments that would allow all guests to see the stage and the performers without having to turn around from their dinner table. I had a very big camera with a large zoom lens, but I was seated behind a large pole making it impossible to get any photos of the performers, these were the seats that we were given after my wife requested better seats becasue the first seats we were given had the stage at our backs, to get any pictures, I would have to had turned around from the table just to see the stage. They even ran out of plates for desert and I had to wait in three or four lines to finally get a plate, by then all the deserts were gone because people with plates had taken four or five different deserts each. The show "HA, The Breath of Life" was very good, and I would be happy to see it again. I am glad I went to the PCC and saw the different villiages, but if I return again I will not bother to see them again. One time is enough. The only reason I would return to see the entire park would be to take my children or grandchildren, if I come back by myslelf, I would not bother to see the villiages a second time and I would only return for the show HA.
Read NoHUB's full Sapphire Princess cruise review
Provider: PCC
Member Image soxfan1495
Jun 2012
This is a long drive, but it is worth it if you want to learn about the cultures of the various islands that make up Polynesia. In addition, there is an entertaining show called "Ha, the Breath of Life." We purchased the "ambassador package" which provided a guide. Although pricey, we thought this was worth it. The guides, all students from the Polynesian islands featured a the PCC did a nice job.
Read soxfan1495's full Pride of America cruise review
Provider: on our own
Member Image Queen of the Queen
Mar 2012
We contacted the Polynesian Cultural Center directly and signed on for the Around the Island Tour and the General Admission, since we had been there before and did not want to stay for the dinner/show. Although it rained all day, we enjoyed all the stops on the tour. We were very pleased with all the stops, however, the bus was an hour late in arriving at the pick up point and so we missed an hour at the Center. We did get to see the Pagent, enjoyable in the rain, and did get to see four villages. We would highly recommend booking this tour directly and not through the ship which is much more expensive for the same experience.
Read Queen of the Queen's full Golden Princess cruise review