Dominica Island tour Excursion Reviews

Dominica Island tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dominica is known as the "Nature Isle of the Caribbean," and for good reason. Explore the lush rainforests and wide variety of exotic species that populate this idyllic island.
Member Image Business Professor
Mar 2017
Our tour guide gave a great rundown on the history of Dominica and how it has evolved thru the years.
Read Business Professor's full cruise review
Provider: Reynotours
Member Image Blondie02
Feb 2017
We were in a van where the driver talked about the island. He did not have a microphone and most of us could not hear him, even after we asked him to talk louder. The tour ended 1/2 hour earlier than it should have and the van wasn't in the greatest condition. Would not recommend this tour at all.
Read Blondie02's full cruise review
Member Image bigtee907
Jan 2017
We booked a six hour tour independently with Pepper's tours. He was great, just four of us with him. We did some nice hiking in a couple of the state parks, passes were pre-purchased, part of his fee. Saw some nice falls, and even steam from a stream (sitting on a volcano). Made some entertaining stops on the way with people on his "team". Very enjoyable.
Read bigtee907's full cruise review
Provider: Pepper's Tours
Member Image kbielecki70
Jan 2017
great tour of the entire island with Marlon Fontaine...he was extremely knowledgable on the vegetation and medicinal value of the plants, as well as flora and fauna and local customs and practices.
Read kbielecki70's full cruise review
Provider: Marlon Fontaine
Member Image LORDBOWDON
Jan 2017
Used a local provider who took in all the sights, including Champaigne Reef snorkel, and a nice dangerous swim in cold water in a narrow gorge in the mountains. Probably at least five death opportunities en route, but a great way to spend $50, plus a 50% tip, it was so exhilarating!
Read LORDBOWDON's full cruise review
Member Image marisr
Dec 2016
We booked with Bumpiing Tours and it was an excellent tour. It was my first time snorkeling and Levi was very helpful. TiTou Gorge was INCREDIBLE and a bit COLD. Trafalgar Falls is a must see.
Read marisr's full cruise review
Provider: Bumpiing Tour
Member Image ezstreet
Dec 2016
Our guide took us on a wonderful driving tour of the island. We got to experience the beautiful rain forest. It was a perfect way to see a bit of the island in a small group. Highly recommend!
Read ezstreet's full cruise review
Provider: BumpiingTours.com
Member Image restoredbygrace
Dec 2016
Our tour included Trafalgar Falls as well as Emerald Pool. Both were beautiful & our tour guide was wonderful (Ruth Ann). One of the odd things that I appreciated most is that towards the end of the tour, rather than Ruth Ann suggesting/reminding that we should tip her & the driver (which we've seen on many, many other islands) she requested that if we really enjoyed ourselves on the tour that we should help her promote Dominica so that more people will come to visit & see for themselves. The specific excursion we booked was called Dominica's Favorites. For the price I thought it was a good value compared to some other excursions we've done in the past.
Read restoredbygrace's full cruise review
Member Image oshunreef
Nov 2016
Went to Ti Tou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, Botanical Gardens, Champagne Reef Snorkel. Enjoyed the falls and the cave but that water was really cold. Champagne Reef was a hard walk to get into the water near the reef. Make sure not to wear flip-flops but good water shoes. There are big rocks then small rocks to walk on and you have to sit on a big piece of rubber to get into the water since it is so rocky. Great tour guides and enjoyed.
Read oshunreef's full cruise review
Provider: Nature Isle Explorers
Member Image Heartfelttraveler
Nov 2016
The river tubing part was cancelled (50% refund) due to heavy rain and fast rapids. This was a three part excursion.
Read Heartfelttraveler's full cruise review
Member Image Tenand last
Oct 2016
Because of my lack of sleep I my restless leg syndrome was making it hard for me to function well during the day, so we opted out of the 4 hour tour to Trafalgar Falls. The shore excursion office was almost difficult about changing our reservation but finally agreed to switch us to a shorter trolley tour of the city - that one got cancelled because the trolley broke down so we ended up on an island tour which was nothing special.
Read Tenand last's full cruise review
Member Image socalgal2
Oct 2016
This was a long day with no meal breaks! The excursion began at 9:30 and we did not return to the ship until after 3. We began with a snorkel from shore at the Champagne reef. This involved a rather long walk along the beach over rocks - definitely not for anyone with mobility issues. The water was clear and we saw a few fish - not worth the hassle of getting out there. We then went to Trafalagar Falls ( very pretty) and A gorge. The tour was to finish at the Botanical Gardens but by then our group of 8 was tired and hungry so we ended the day a bit early
Read socalgal2's full cruise review
Member Image selzhouses
Oct 2016
Our tour guide Asha Hill met us about a block from the pier and proceeded to give us a very informative tour of parts of the island. He stopped to show us plants and sights. We went for a refreshing swim in the Emerald Pool, had a great lunch at a local stop on the side of the road and then went to view Trafalgar Falls. Beautiful island and appropriately named Nature Island. Great time and our guid Asha was excellent!
Read selzhouses's full cruise review
Provider: Sheppee's Fun Tours
Member Image patricia.schmaltz
Oct 2016
Very interesting view of the Island and it's amazing landscapes.
Read patricia.schmaltz's full cruise review
Member Image Sunluvr27
Mar 2016
Before the cruise, I scheduled a tour with Levi of Bumping Tours. He was very responsive to email and did not require any kind of deposit ahead of time. He met us outside the cruise terminal and loaded the 12 of us into his very clean, air conditioned van to head to Champagne Reef. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the bubbles on the reef, but the snorkeling was great. Fairly clear water even in the rain, with beautiful coral, fish and even a turtle or two. Levi was a very competent swimmer/diver and pointed out several underwater items I would have missed otherwise. After the swim, he had beer, soda and water for all of us. The next stop was Titou Gorge. Unfortunately the rain made the current to fast to wade up to the waterfalls. Bummer. It was still fun to see. All along the trip Levi would point out different spice trees and fruit growing wild on the side of the road. We then made two stops, one to dual waterfalls and one to an overlook about the city of Roseau. Everyone had a great trip even in the rain!
Read Sunluvr27's full cruise review
Provider: Bumping Tour
Member Image Gary72
Nov 2015
Nice overview with Bumping tours (went to Emerald Pool, Trafalgar Falls, etc.) Significantly less expensive than cruise line, however, significant walk from ship to meeting place.
Read Gary72's full cruise review
Member Image philgard
Nov 2015
Fabulous
Read philgard's full cruise review
Provider: local taxi
Member Image Boopy1226
Oct 2015
Had a great time! Very beautiful island. Driver was very knowledgeable .
Read Boopy1226's full cruise review
Member Image moon_hanaii
Mar 2015
I booked online with down pay. The port is not as described in registration sheet. Pepper actually hired a local taxi to give me a tour without telling me. I kept looking for his logo on the car, I cannot find it. Local ppl told me he had already gone. The time on my sheet is 8:30am, I am outside of the port at 8:05 am. I am not very happy with this kind of setup. Also, there are some miss communication between me and the driver that he hired. Although Pepper finally end up gave me a tour, but I missed the first hour of the tour, also the entire trip is not very pleasant because he intentionally ignore us. For example, he will ask other two travelers if they want to have picture together, but we have to ask him to help us to take the picture, he will not offer the help. He always stop at the location is fit those two ppl's view better but not us. Maybe because I travel with kids, but this kind of attitude, I just cannot give him a higher score. Regardless what, unless he doesn't take my business, if he took my business, then he should treat equally to everyone, I pay the money already.
Read moon_hanaii's full cruise review
Provider: Pepper
Member Image shizoik
Mar 2015
Wonderful overview of the islands past & present. beautiful views of the island, countryside & locals. We were glad we toured the island lush tropical scenery and learned some history about the island.
Read shizoik's full cruise review
Member Image purfekt10
Mar 2015
We took a tour of this island and spent time learning about the history, customs, and people who lived there. The stop at the falls and Emerald Pool was amazing. It was a great spot for taking pictures.
Read purfekt10's full cruise review
Member Image OttawaMom
Not Rated
Feb 2015

So informative to learn about the people and what they grow and live in this beautiful country.

Read OttawaMom's full cruise review
Member Image tbmrt
Not Rated
Dec 2014

Desmond was a very informative, polite guide. Really loved Dominica and was a pleasure to be with touring the island.

Read tbmrt's full cruise review
Provider: Reyno
Member Image Cruz4Sun
Nov 2014

The ship sponsored excursion Trolley Train Scenic Ride-Roseau sounded like a good idea for our first trip to this island. Roseau and the trip were underwhelming. The promised beverage at a waterfront bar ended up being a rum punch standing up at the botanical garden. This was not what I had envisioned.

Read Cruz4Sun's full cruise review
Member Image DeputyDawg46
Mar 2014

The excursion (South Atlantic...) we took that went to the Southern end of the island of Dominica was pathetic. Very poor tour and tour guide was more of a hyperbolizer. He represented himself and his island of Dominica in a false and exaggerated manner. Was a total waste of money!! Our mini-bus had 11 paxs and was crowded and hot and the same company mini-bus that trailed us at each stop had 2 paxs. But the guide would not let anyone transfer to the other bus even though it was the same company and they would marry up with us at each stop.

Read DeputyDawg46's full cruise review