Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Hilo Culinary Tour Excursion Reviews

Hilo Culinary Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Visit unique homes and savor Hawaiian cuisine such as "stiff pudding," a coconut flavored dessert, on a culinary tour in the port city of Hilo.
Member Image knittinggirl
Apr 2015
Hawaiian Culinary Tour not nearly as good as four years ago. They doubled the size of the group. Very treacherous situation on the last house, they put a table right next to the raised hearth, that was hidden by a stool and the table. Getting to a seat near the window, I discovered the step up when I tripped over it. Later one of the guides also tripped in the same place. The owner suggested I tell no one. But the owner of the company was already taking my statement. I asked for a copy, but didn’t get one. Also, the Princess.com video still shows Chef Ann's narrative, not the new owner's.
Read knittinggirl's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Ikenuts
1 review
Mar 2012
Pat was an awesome guide - she clearly loves Hawaii and her job. Provided knowledge and insight above and beyond a basic tour. Nice small group. A great overview of Hilo. I truly enjoy supporting local purveyors - coffee, chocolate, wine. You could easily have spent a day alone at Volcanoes National Park.
Read Ikenuts's full Pride of America cruise review