Dominica Emerald Pool Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Dominica Shore Excursions > Emerald Pool

A perfect choice for hot days, Emerald Pool sits in the rainforest on the road to Castle Bruce. Wear your bathing suit but beware: the water can be chilly!

Mollyny

1 review

We booked our excursion last minute on the ship. It was well worth it. Again, you can get the same trip outside the terminal for cheaper. Emerald Pool was beautiful!!! It was cool and refreshing. The bottom is rocky - you definitely need water shoes.

bowallace

1 review

Too crowded. Was hard to get the full effect of the pool.

collinsmom4301

Not my favorite as I don't like to submerge myself in water I can't see the bottom. It was warm and a unique experience however.

Lolly60

1 review

Was very nice and quite at this place and could enjoy all the beauty of the fall

Provider: Thomson Cruises

OhioLEO

1 review

This was our only planned excursion of the cruise. It was booked privately not through the cruise ship. Company was called Bumpiing Tours. Levi was our contact. We emailed back and forth after I found a review here on CC. There were 7 in our group that did the island tour, Emerald Pool, Mr Nice fruit stand, Trafalgar Falls, Sulpher Springs, Rain Forest tour and Morne Bruce. Our guide Kashma was wonderful and explained everything that we saw. Brendon our driver was great to hang out with and talk. They got us to the Emerald Pool before the rest of the tours from the ship showed up so we were able to enjoy the cool water pretty much by ourselves. By far the best day of the cruise. I will def use them again and highly recommend them to anyone.

KBVegas

The pool is hardly "emerald" in color. Many people, including my husband and myself, chose not to walk to the emerald pool but to view it from afar due to the difficulty in getting there. If you are not entirely able-bodied, do not attempt.

Provider: Oceania Cruises

mrfviews

Dominica:Just gorgeous, was little too crowded when we were there wish they staggered the tours farther apart 1

Provider: Princess Cruises

SLPShelly

1 review

Pretty, but hard to get to Emerald Pool as there was a line to wait. Saw it from a distance. The rain forest was GORGEOUS!

Parlaming0

1 review

It was jammed full of cruise passengers! Pretty nice, but you'd be waiting a long time to take a dip or get a photo without 300 people in it.

Ian McDermid

1 review

A nice trip booked at the dock with a local taxi at about half the price of the cruise line. There was a chance to take a dip in the pool and go under the water fall in you wished.

msinden88

awesome rain forest hike to the pool. Be careful of the slippery rocks. One guy slipped and cut his leg :( Didn't have time to swim in the pool, but got some awesome shots of the water fall, cave and pool.

Provider: Princess Cruises