Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Cartagena (Colombia) Las Bovedas Excursion Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia) Las Bovedas cruise excursion
Overall Rating
At the northeastern corner of the old walled city is Cartagena's grandest arcade. It's a fun place to shop and a photogenic spot to enjoy, but the rather oppressive barrel ceilings that over-arch each vault (boveda) come with a bit of history.
Member Image Tw in OR
1 review
Apr 2015
We took the shortest city tour. The bus seats and aisles were smaller than expected. The vendors were pushy. The city was dirty and did not make me feel very safe. However, the shopping at Las Bovedas was good--we stopped there first and I held off on buying and should not have. I am glad we got off the ship, but the city did not impress me much.
Read Tw in OR's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Gojirart
1 review
Dec 2012
The architecture is very interesting. We only had about 20 minutes, due to the heavy traffic. Basically, these are small souvenir shops, one after another, for a block or two in either direction. Most of the shops had the usual touristy stuff. There were a few with local art work or emerald jewelry, but we really didn't have much time to check them out. We were also supposed to stop at a shopping mall, but weren't allowed to do so because of time constraints. We pretty much just made it back to the ship in time for boarding.
Read Gojirart's full Island Princess cruise review