Tunis (La Goulette) Souks Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Tunis (La Goulette) Souks Walking Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a walking tour of the Arab Souk, replete with exotic spices and all manner of trinkets -- perfect for souvenirs.
Member Image AllawahPark
Jul 2013

This was ok except for two shopping ambushes. The carpet seller's pitch was a inappropriate sadly. The perfumery was far more interesting. Not as good as the Souks in Istanbul or Dubai.

Read AllawahPark's full MSC Splendida cruise review
Member Image Sarah Kirkpatrick
Jun 2012
If you don't mind being pestered all the time then this excursion is for you - there are some bargains to be had. Would have been better if our guide did not give nearly all the information in German.
Read Sarah Kirkpatrick's full MSC Splendida cruise review
Member Image lillie sandham
Not Rated
Mar 2012
this was a tour to places of great interest and around the souks a very interesting tour and guide was very informative
Read lillie sandham's full MSC Fantasia cruise review
Member Image NCcruiser30
Mar 2012
Our tour guide on this was wonderful. He was the best tour guide we had on the whole trip. I gave this a 4 rating though b/c we had buyers remorse b/c we think we chose the wrong excursion. Our trip stayed in the medina the whole time. We later thought we should have chosen the one that was the full day trip that did everything: medina, museum, Carthage, Sidi Bou Said. I feel like I missed something by not doing that. If you're in Tunisia, you should just do it all. I think we were trying to be thrifty. We had a nice time in the medina. We did not feel threatened by pickpockets or anything. I bought some nice souvenirs and was pleased with them. I might have bought more if I didn't hate the haggling system. (Just tell me a price please). So, it was a nice trip, it just could have been better. At the ship, you could ride a camel for $5.
Read NCcruiser30's full MSC Fantasia cruise review
Member Image smahk
Feb 2012
Ships tour to Carthage and Medina including a stop at a Souk. DO NOT TOUR ON YOUR OWN! We felt fairly safe on this tour with our English/French speaking crowd and our very competent tour guide. Carthage was another Roman ruin -- and just fascinating. You are able to walk around the ruins, and go from room to room. Medina was interesting -- we toured a carpet store, essential oil store and the souk. Lots of selling pressure (we're from NY -- it doesn't bother us) and major negotiations in the souk. An interesting day for sure. Police were always around, and at the end of our trip, I watched our guide "tip" the police to keep the pathways to the souk clear for us. Like I said, culturally, very interesting. Our guide also took us to the American Cemetery from WWII. Very Similar to Normandy in style, but obviously not scale.
Read smahk's full MSC Splendida cruise review