Tunis (La Goulette) Souks Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Tunis (La Goulette) Shore Excursions > Souks Walking Tour

Take a walking tour of the Arab Souk, replete with exotic spices and all manner of trinkets -- perfect for souvenirs.

AllawahPark

This was ok except for two shopping ambushes. The carpet seller's pitch was a inappropriate sadly. The perfumery was far more interesting. Not as good as the Souks in Istanbul or Dubai.

Sarah Kirkpatrick

1 review

If you don't mind being pestered all the time then this excursion is for you - there are some bargains to be had. Would have been better if our guide did not give nearly all the information in German.

lillie sandham

1 review

this was a tour to places of great interest and around the souks a very interesting tour and guide was very informative

NCcruiser30

1 review

Our tour guide on this was wonderful. He was the best tour guide we had on the whole trip. I gave this a 4 rating though b/c we had buyers remorse b/c we think we chose the wrong excursion. Our trip stayed in the medina the whole time. We later thought we should have chosen the one that was the full day trip that did everything: medina, museum, Carthage, Sidi Bou Said. I feel like I missed something by not doing that. If you're in Tunisia, you should just do it all. I think we were trying to be thrifty. We had a nice time in the medina. We did not feel threatened by pickpockets or anything. I bought some nice souvenirs and was pleased with them. I might have bought more if I didn't hate the haggling system. (Just tell me a price please). So, it was a nice trip, it just could have been better. At the ship, you could ride a camel for $5.

smahk

Ships tour to Carthage and Medina including a stop at a Souk. DO NOT TOUR ON YOUR OWN! We felt fairly safe on this tour with our English/French speaking crowd and our very competent tour guide. Carthage was another Roman ruin -- and just fascinating. You are able to walk around the ruins, and go from room to room. Medina was interesting -- we toured a carpet store, essential oil store and the souk. Lots of selling pressure (we're from NY -- it doesn't bother us) and major negotiations in the souk. An interesting day for sure. Police were always around, and at the end of our trip, I watched our guide "tip" the police to keep the pathways to the souk clear for us. Like I said, culturally, very interesting. Our guide also took us to the American Cemetery from WWII. Very Similar to Normandy in style, but obviously not scale.