Curacao Dolphin Swim Excursion Reviews

Curacao Dolphin Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
This is more than just a swim with the dolphins. Witness dolphin behaviors in Curacao that you are sure to never forget!
Member Image vegaspat
Sep 2013

Did the dolphin encounter. Very good time. Shops close early at 6 pm

Read vegaspat's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image CaribbeanBluSea
1 review
Dec 2012
The dolphin swim was absolutely amazing. The staff at the aquarium was very knowledgeable and friendly. We had about an hour's worth of time to spend swimming with the dolphins. It was very enjoyable.
Read CaribbeanBluSea's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image AmberTeka
Dec 2012
Loved it. The trainers were good. The dolphins looked fat and happy. The sea was blue. The sun was hot. A breeze blew. Wonderful.
Read AmberTeka's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image lhdive
1 review
Nov 2012
Although we loved swimming with the dolphins, the trainers was boarding on rude. I was trying to translate for an older couple from English into French and the crew member said they were running late and there was no time to stop her 5 minute safety speech so I can translate. Then she gave me a dirty look. I then asked her, " Don't you want everybody safe, maybe we can take an extra 15 seconds so they can understand too". The trainer was rude to me the rest of the time. It is a fun excursion but everybody gets to do exactly the same thing one time and one time only, nothing spontaneous it is very choreographed which took some of the fun out of it. I would recommend a Dolphin swim, but maybe not here or maybe not with the trainers we had.
Read lhdive's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Read 4774Papa's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image footlooseFF
Mar 2012
We booked the dolphin swim excursion through Holland America because we weren't confident that we could get a cab to bring us back to the ship. They gathered everyone on the cruise ship dock in the hot sun so we checked in with them and then went to sit in the shade further down the dock. We were all assigned a cab driver who took us to the Dolphin Academy adjacent to the Lions Dive Resort. We were told to look for the same cab driver at 1:45 pm and not to be late or he would leave us. They had change facilities, restrooms and lockers. We got some basic information and were assigned flippers before getting into the pool. No cameras were permitted. We had six people on our team and two dolphins. Each person got to shake the dolphin's flipper, get the to do a trick and have the two dolphins pull them along in the water. You could also swim alongside the dolphins and rub them. After the swim, you could purchase photos and/or a DVD. Then you had to wait until 1:45 pm. The aquarium affiliated with the dolphin swim was pathetic and around 1:15 they put on a dolphin show. This was an expensive excursion and although I enjoyed meeting the dolphins, I would not do it again.
Read footlooseFF's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line