Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Curacao Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Curacao Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a day of sand and surf, and cast away all your worries while on a private beach break excursion in Curacao.
Member Image Tigerman67
Feb 2015

Curacao: We did a short bus tour to a beach area. It was a bit rocky, but a fun time and we did some snorkeling there as well. We had a late day there, so we went and had dinner in town which was fun. Curacao has free wifi through out the island which was nice to taunt your friends at home with beach pics

Read Tigerman67's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image gismo3
Feb 2015

Got a tour from local. Island tour + 2 Hour beach. Beach was ok

Read gismo3's full Noordam cruise review
Provider: local
Member Image keithm
Jan 2015

Very nice beach break. We took a ferry ride to a manmade beach(most are on the island)Water was crystal clear & chairs were provided. A complimentary soft drink was also included. For about $25 you could get your own "Cabana". We plan to do that the next time we go there.

Read keithm's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image SnowBird-Beachbum
Dec 2014

Took a fun bus ride to the other side of the island seeing all kinds of sites along the way, friendly driver! Spent the day at Blue Bay Resort and it was beautiful! Free WIFI, chairs, hammocks, snorkel, palm trees. The snorkeling here was very nice for beginners. Walked around in town, had some French fries (yum) and walked the floating bridge. Very cute and colorful town. We loved this port!

Read SnowBird-Beachbum's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image mommiemudd
Oct 2014

This is my new favorite place! We rented a car from Avis. You must arrange ahead of time as they had no cars available the day of. We had rented a 12 passenger van for $113. This included insurance. The van was interesting! It was a manual-thank goodness hubby knew how to drive one. It had seen better days but it got us where we needed to go. One note: when we arrived back, the office was closed. We just followed what the other renters had done and left the van there with the keys. Really wish they would've told us the proper procedure when we rented the van that morning. I didn't ask because I have never had a rental office close before the ship's all aboard time. We went to Playa Porto Mari. A very kind cruise critic gentleman had provided me with written directions that were spot on. Roads were well marked and we had no issue reaching our destination. Playa Porto Mari was AMAZING!! Can't wait to go back. The husband dove here-$102 for both of them for two dives. One guided and one on their own. cheapest dives ever! They enjoyed the dives tremendously! We enjoyed the beach and the bar. I can't remember the fee breakdown. Umbrellas are free we did have to pay for chairs and the entrance fee. I think I paid around $15 for the three of us and two chairs. There is a lady that will walk the beach and collect the $$ and give you tickets. We had a pitcher of sangria-$18. Also had chicken nuggets and fries. Very yummy and not too pricey. Great snorkeling! I would recommend water shoes as it is rocky going into the water. The water is some of the prettiest water that I have seen in the Caribbean! So peaceful! This is my new favorite spot! Worth the 30 minute drive. We did need to refill the van on the way back, we stopped at a gas station on the left right before the port, you need to stop at the building first, pay for your gas, then proceed to the pump. Took us a bit to figure out this process! A very friendly local gave us step by step instructions!

Read mommiemudd's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image buckeyecruiser57
Sep 2014

Curacao - Weird timing in port, with boat docking at 1:00 PM and leaving at 11:00 PM. Lots of shopping, and sight seeing within walking distance of ship. The name brand stores are all right by the pier, while just over the moving pontoon bridge (I know, it sounds strange - you have to see it to fully comprehend it) are all the local shops, 10-15 minutes walking from the boat, (don't need a cab). to your right, just over this bridge is a little public square, which is a great place to negotiate excursions with local vendors, at far better prices than offered by the cruise lines. We got a two hour tour in an open-air bus, driving all over the island, including stops at a beach, the Curacao liquor factory (free samples !) , and a beautiful scenic over look probably 200 feet above the ocean, all for $15 p/p ! Great deal, and if you can't tell by now, my wife is a very shrewd negotiator !

Read buckeyecruiser57's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image bigdog69
May 2014

We took a cab ride about 30 minutes out to one of the nicest beaches Playa Lagun I had ever been to and only a few people were on the beach and the snorkeling was fantastic.

Read bigdog69's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image hawkeyecruiser2
Feb 2014

When researching our time on Curacao I was overcome by the wealth of beautiful beaches and could not decide which to choose. Luckily I found Irie Tours All- West Beach-hopping Tour. This all day adventure takes you to three of the best beaches, the national park, and stops at a plantation for a local lunch. We got to see Curacao's highlights with a terrific guide. It was a perfect option for us.

Read hawkeyecruiser2's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Irie Tours
Member Image acan
Jun 2013

Spent a couple of hours at a private beach, it was decent, but a little rocky. Would probably spend the day downtown in the future rather than the beach.

Read acan's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image mollyutah
Mar 2013
nice port. Beach break was fun
Read mollyutah's full Queen Elizabeth cruise review
Provider: Cunard Line
Member Image DSmergs
Jan 2013

Samana was extremely boring. We hired someone to take us to the rainforest and then the beach. He waited with us while we sun bathed.

Read DSmergs's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Melanie
Mar 2012
Greast trip to the beach, saw flamingo 'park' in passing, and beach wonderful, highly recommended for those who like a beach and suitable for children too (we didn't have any but saw people enjoying it all!) - good value
Read Melanie's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Ole Salt
Mar 2012
Excellent 3 1/2 hour tour of the rugged coast and an old plantation. The guides all did a very nice job of showing us the sights, and explaining the history of the Island.
Read Ole Salt's full Westerdam cruise review