Curacao Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Curacao Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a day of sand and surf, and cast away all your worries while on a private beach break excursion in Curacao.
Member Image Damspyder
Mar 2017
Enjoyed the snorkeling. Not big beach people so we had just enough time at beach to enjoy.
Read Damspyder's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Rosie
Member Image katiebird19
Mar 2017
Curacao, oh Curacao! Can I visit this island on every cruise? The excursion was called 'Curacao Highlights,' and was a combination of an island tour, Curacao liquor tasting, and an extended beach break. The guides were wonderful, the beach pristine, and the island full of culture and history. We also immensely enjoyed the shopping and wish we had more time to explore!
Read katiebird19's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image iemahon
Mar 2017
The excursion promised a lovely beach with all facilities. The tour bus dropped us at remote area with no bars , restaurants or toilets and the cost of 2no sunbeds and a brolly was $40 ! We got our excursion money back but we lost a day.
Read iemahon's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image Deck Chair Dave
Feb 2017
Fun time again too rushed should have done DIY
Read Deck Chair Dave's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image witchycruiser
Feb 2017
We did the excursion to the Aquarium beach break. Did not include a visit to the aquarium. The beach was quiet. Included lounge and one drink (non alcoholic). There were various places along the beach to buy food or drinks.
Read witchycruiser's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image schantz5000
Feb 2017
Tour of the Curacao liquor factory and a beach stop at the Momba Beach Resort.
Read schantz5000's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cbhimself
Feb 2017
found it cost a lot less than the ship's beach excurions
Read cbhimself's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: took a taxi to a beach
Member Image txernurse
Jan 2017
Went to Blue Bay resort. Nice enjoyable day. Tour guide on bus was knowledgeable about Caracao.
Read txernurse's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Member Image keithm
Jan 2017
We do Seaquarium beach. The price includes beach lounger & shade if you wish. I'd recommend skipping the ship excursion & do a taxi. It's cheaper & you're still close to the ship. There are numerous small beach clubs along the beach, some with quite luxurious accommodations for less than $50PP.
Read keithm's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image Computer Man
Jan 2017
Bus was late leaving because of passengers. Tour was fine. Beach was not the one listed and we had to scrounge to find lounge chairs because it was so crowded.
Read Computer Man's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rickyandbev
Jan 2017
The description of this excursion was deceptive. They led us to believe that we would see historical and interesting sights on the island while traveling to a beach. We traveled through neighborhoods of pricey houses. Went to a crowded small beach and stayed for 1 1/2. Our tour guide had an attitude and opinion and was not afraid to voice it.
Read rickyandbev's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kayakmom
Dec 2016
Went to Blue Bay Resort - very nice - snorkel from the beach.
Read kayakmom's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image firefighterman
Dec 2016
We done the Carnival Curacao Beach Escape. It was OK. The bus was late 20 minutes picking us up. You can do the same excursion with Irie Tours which we did two years ago, less cost.
Read firefighterman's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image lindafromwoking
Nov 2016
very pretty town. I did the Curacoa beach express which was excellent and we stopped along the way to see the flamingos. We were taken to the Blue Bay Resort. The snorkelling there was the best I have done in a long time and right from the beach! I did go out of my depth but I am comfortable doing that when I know in a few strokes I can be back where I can stand and as it was a bay there were shallow areas at either side. The only problem I had was that I got left behind! The tour guide miscounted the guests as a couple of people had decided to stay and get a taxi back and the bus left a few minutes early. When I got to where the bus should have been I saw it driving out of the resort. The resort were very helpful and phoned the tour guide who came back to get me in her own car when she had taken everyone else back. On the way back however, her car broke down and we had to flag down a minibus to get us back to the town. Quite an adventure but a bit stressful when it started and you are on your own! In the evening I did the Willemstad by night tour which was also very good. We were taken to a fort with a great view over the town driving over the high Juliana bridge. The dancing was very entertaining.
Read lindafromwoking's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image My & Mau
Nov 2016
Went swimming at Blue Bay; beautiful morning!
Read My & Mau's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image SteveMcP
Oct 2016
First visit to this stop where we had decided to go to a beach instead of just roaming the downtown shopping area. Went to Mambo beach and it now ranks as one of the top beaches in the world we have gone too. Close to port, inexpensive taxi ride, clean, lots of lounge chairs that didn't cost an arm and a leg to rent. The sand was like talcum power and the water pristine, sandy bottom and refreshing.
Read SteveMcP's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Just a taxi van with three other couples
Member Image IslandGirl247
Oct 2016
Day passes at the Avila Hotel (old Governor's Mansion). This is the place for sea glass. Seriously. I collected 2 pounds of it and barely dented the supply. Plus, as an added bonus, this is where I burned my butt because I was hunting in the water for hours. Loved every minute of it. The surf was up, but the resort has two large protected lagoons so swimming was very pleasant and the lagoon to the left had the sea glass and lots of good snorkeling.
Read IslandGirl247's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Workinless
Oct 2016
City tour was short and only the route to the beach. Mambo beach was OK; we got there early enough to get good lounges near the water.
Read Workinless's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image Firegerry
Oct 2016
Our tour guide Miguel from Scooby Tours was great. A brief ride in an open air school bus with narration about the island, the government, customs, language etc. enroute to a beach resort for a two hour visit to swim, sunbathe etc. Wish we had more time to spend in Curacao.
Read Firegerry's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image Smokinflame
Aug 2016
The tour guide that drove us to the beach was friendly and knowledgeable and the beach was relaxing.
Read Smokinflame's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image mdsgu
May 2016
Went independently to Jan Thiel Beach. Very nice with plenty of bars and restaurants, not crowded, family friendly
Read mdsgu's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image chisholmag
Feb 2016
Got an overview tour of the island, a tour of the liquor factory and 2 hours at a man made beach. The beach had bar and restaurant service, but was just so so. It was rocky once you got into the water.
Read chisholmag's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image alakatski
Dec 2015
great open air bus tour with a lovely tour guide who was knowledgeable of the island. Final stop at the beach where we could snorkel off the beach. very nice excursion
Read alakatski's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lgbill
Nov 2015
Blue Lagoon Resort. Private beach. Very nice.
Read lgbill's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ScubaCruiser54
Nov 2015
The next day we arrived at Curacao. We had an early boat ride to a local beach. [Day at the Beach by Boat - CU23]. The beach you see on the RCI website is the extent of the beach. There were plenty of "extras there for additional charge. The boat was even renting snorkels and masks for $10.00. It was pretty water and it was warm. You could buy Polar Beer there as well. After the excursion, we went into town for a brief round of "t-shirt buying".
Read ScubaCruiser54's full Vision of the Seas cruise review