Curacao Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Curacao Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a day of sand and surf, and cast away all your worries while on a private beach break excursion in Curacao.
Member Image keithm
Jan 2017
We do Seaquarium beach. The price includes beach lounger & shade if you wish. I'd recommend skipping the ship excursion & do a taxi. It's cheaper & you're still close to the ship. There are numerous small beach clubs along the beach, some with quite luxurious accommodations for less than $50PP.
Read keithm's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image Computer Man
Jan 2017
Bus was late leaving because of passengers. Tour was fine. Beach was not the one listed and we had to scrounge to find lounge chairs because it was so crowded.
Read Computer Man's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rickyandbev
Jan 2017
The description of this excursion was deceptive. They led us to believe that we would see historical and interesting sights on the island while traveling to a beach. We traveled through neighborhoods of pricey houses. Went to a crowded small beach and stayed for 1 1/2. Our tour guide had an attitude and opinion and was not afraid to voice it.
Read rickyandbev's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kayakmom
Dec 2016
Went to Blue Bay Resort - very nice - snorkel from the beach.
Read kayakmom's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image firefighterman
Dec 2016
We done the Carnival Curacao Beach Escape. It was OK. The bus was late 20 minutes picking us up. You can do the same excursion with Irie Tours which we did two years ago, less cost.
Read firefighterman's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image lindafromwoking
Nov 2016
very pretty town. I did the Curacoa beach express which was excellent and we stopped along the way to see the flamingos. We were taken to the Blue Bay Resort. The snorkelling there was the best I have done in a long time and right from the beach! I did go out of my depth but I am comfortable doing that when I know in a few strokes I can be back where I can stand and as it was a bay there were shallow areas at either side. The only problem I had was that I got left behind! The tour guide miscounted the guests as a couple of people had decided to stay and get a taxi back and the bus left a few minutes early. When I got to where the bus should have been I saw it driving out of the resort. The resort were very helpful and phoned the tour guide who came back to get me in her own car when she had taken everyone else back. On the way back however, her car broke down and we had to flag down a minibus to get us back to the town. Quite an adventure but a bit stressful when it started and you are on your own! In the evening I did the Willemstad by night tour which was also very good. We were taken to a fort with a great view over the town driving over the high Juliana bridge. The dancing was very entertaining.
Read lindafromwoking's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image My & Mau
Nov 2016
Went swimming at Blue Bay; beautiful morning!
Read My & Mau's full Koningsdam cruise review
Member Image SteveMcP
Oct 2016
First visit to this stop where we had decided to go to a beach instead of just roaming the downtown shopping area. Went to Mambo beach and it now ranks as one of the top beaches in the world we have gone too. Close to port, inexpensive taxi ride, clean, lots of lounge chairs that didn't cost an arm and a leg to rent. The sand was like talcum power and the water pristine, sandy bottom and refreshing.
Read SteveMcP's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Just a taxi van with three other couples
Member Image IslandGirl247
Oct 2016
Day passes at the Avila Hotel (old Governor's Mansion). This is the place for sea glass. Seriously. I collected 2 pounds of it and barely dented the supply. Plus, as an added bonus, this is where I burned my butt because I was hunting in the water for hours. Loved every minute of it. The surf was up, but the resort has two large protected lagoons so swimming was very pleasant and the lagoon to the left had the sea glass and lots of good snorkeling.
Read IslandGirl247's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Workinless
Oct 2016
City tour was short and only the route to the beach. Mambo beach was OK; we got there early enough to get good lounges near the water.
Read Workinless's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image Firegerry
Oct 2016
Our tour guide Miguel from Scooby Tours was great. A brief ride in an open air school bus with narration about the island, the government, customs, language etc. enroute to a beach resort for a two hour visit to swim, sunbathe etc. Wish we had more time to spend in Curacao.
Read Firegerry's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image Smokinflame
Aug 2016
The tour guide that drove us to the beach was friendly and knowledgeable and the beach was relaxing.
Read Smokinflame's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image mdsgu
May 2016
Went independently to Jan Thiel Beach. Very nice with plenty of bars and restaurants, not crowded, family friendly
Read mdsgu's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image chisholmag
Feb 2016
Got an overview tour of the island, a tour of the liquor factory and 2 hours at a man made beach. The beach had bar and restaurant service, but was just so so. It was rocky once you got into the water.
Read chisholmag's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image alakatski
Dec 2015
great open air bus tour with a lovely tour guide who was knowledgeable of the island. Final stop at the beach where we could snorkel off the beach. very nice excursion
Read alakatski's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lgbill
Nov 2015
Blue Lagoon Resort. Private beach. Very nice.
Read lgbill's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ScubaCruiser54
Nov 2015
The next day we arrived at Curacao. We had an early boat ride to a local beach. [Day at the Beach by Boat - CU23]. The beach you see on the RCI website is the extent of the beach. There were plenty of "extras there for additional charge. The boat was even renting snorkels and masks for $10.00. It was pretty water and it was warm. You could buy Polar Beer there as well. After the excursion, we went into town for a brief round of "t-shirt buying".
Read ScubaCruiser54's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cruisechic5
Jul 2015
Tour guide took so long to go to the beach that once there we only had time to jump in and out. No chord incldes I had to pay
Read cruisechic5's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image r_ashley_2015
Jun 2015
Not quite what I expected. We were sold a simple beach break and we ended up taking an hour-long island tour before arriving. Not bad, though, because the island has an interesting history. Overall, a good experience.
Read r_ashley_2015's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image docmama
Jun 2015
Wonderful wonderful tour. Just the right amount of sightseeing and island history. Gorgeous little beach (Blue Bay Beach) with the most unexpected EXCELLENT snorkeling right from the beach. The tour operators were "Atlantis" and they were EXCEPTIONAL.
Read docmama's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Parky6
May 2015
Curacao Taxi and Tours with Rossanna took us to Playa PORTO MARIE all I can say is WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL, not crowded, per my review above. Go on Trip Advisor get there email , taxiaida@hotmail.com. Rossanna was our tour guide and set up the bus ride and recommended Porto Marie.The Cruise Ship does not offer this as a beach tour. DO NOT GO TO MAMBO Beach, which sounds great with a pool by the beach, food eateries etc.... you can go to ay US coastal beach and have that experience. PLAYA PORTO MARIE is a cleanfacilitiy with Clean restrooms, restaurant for sandwiches etc..., drinks, beers etc... scuba class and tour, snorkel rental. WTAER SHOE rental is $3.00 per pair. You need water shoes, all Curacao beaches has rock coral when you first go into water. But once you are in water white soft sand. Rossanna stayed with us the entire day, the BUS that brought us, leaves but comes back at the time you designate. I highly recommend you get off the ship by 9:00 am, get on the bus. Get there by 9;30-10:00 am stay until 3:00 pm... ENJOY THIS PLACE.... Plenty of Natural Shade and Sun spots so you can enjoy both.... Also Rossanna can book you any type of tour in Curacao. What better wa to do what you want and save money with a great tour operator.
Read Parky6's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: CURACAO TAXI and TOUR playa Porto Marie
Member Image BCCruiseLover64
Apr 2015
Left pier on time, open air bus had high seats and windows so hard to see. Very good tour guide for tour of city. Great beach at Blue Bay. Good value for $$. Absolutely loved Curaco and would return
Read BCCruiseLover64's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image singsong01
Apr 2015
Fun Beach Express was awesome! The guide, Melissa, was knowledgable about the island and the beach was amazing! I would definitely recommend that excursion to anyone.
Read singsong01's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Bethany Beach
Apr 2015
In Curacao, the ship did not offer any snorkeling excursions. We decided to take the Beach Express excursion which goes to the Blue Bay Resort. We had stayed for a week on Curacao and it is our favorite island so we thought we would check out Blue Bay for snorkeling opportunities from the beach and as a possible place to which to return for vacation. Quite a few of us (didn’t count) were boarded onto a school bus for the trip. Express is not quite the word for this excursion. The resort is only about 10 minutes away from the port but we slowly and I mean slowly wound our way through the streets of Willemsted as the tour guide told us about just about every building we passed and then to see the flamingos far far away. After 45 minutes we arrived at the resort. I have stayed at enough resorts to know how the people staying there feel about cruisers showing up for the day but they told us to stay on the left side of the beach. Lots of loungers and some shade available. The snorkeling didn’t look too promising and once again even the though the weather was absolutely perfect the winds were high and swells constant and high. We took off to the right and worked our way along the rocks – was better than expected but not good enough to ever come back. However, the seas were too rough to go around the point where I imagine it would have been decent. We then walked over the left side and did the same. Much better this time but we were still uneasy about swimming around the point. So, we got out and walked over to a small cove around the point and went in there. Very rocky so very good snorkeling. We didn’t go out as far as we normally would, but it was above average snorkeling. Turns out that we would definitely consider spending vacation time there. The trip back is direct – no siteseeing involved.
Read Bethany Beach's full Maasdam cruise review
Member Image mimijes
Mar 2015
The van picked took us to a quiet, lovely beach, about a half hour ride from the port, the Blue Bay Beach Resort. Snorkeling equipment was provided. This was supposed to be sightseeing also, but there was very little of that. The guide told us about the area. We stopped very briefly at two spots for photo ops, but didn't get out of the van. One of the places we stopped was to view a flock of flamingos in a marsh area, but they were very far away, maybe 1/4 of a mile.
Read mimijes's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review