Curacao Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Curacao Shore Excursions > Beach Break

Enjoy a day of sand and surf, and cast away all your worries while on a private beach break excursion in Curacao.

mommiemudd

This is my new favorite place! We rented a car from Avis. You must arrange ahead of time as they had no cars available the day of. We had rented a 12 passenger van for $113. This included insurance. The van was interesting! It was a manual-thank goodness hubby knew how to drive one. It had seen better days but it got us where we needed to go. One note: when we arrived back, the office was closed. We just followed what the other renters had done and left the van there with the keys. Really wish they would've told us the proper procedure when we rented the van that morning. I didn't ask because I have never had a rental office close before the ship's all aboard time. We went to Playa Porto Mari. A very kind cruise critic gentleman had provided me with written directions that were spot on. Roads were well marked and we had no issue reaching our destination. Playa Porto Mari was AMAZING!! Can't wait to go back. The husband dove here-$102 for both of them for two dives. One guided and one on their own. cheapest dives ever! They enjoyed the dives tremendously! We enjoyed the beach and the bar. I can't remember the fee breakdown. Umbrellas are free we did have to pay for chairs and the entrance fee. I think I paid around $15 for the three of us and two chairs. There is a lady that will walk the beach and collect the $$ and give you tickets. We had a pitcher of sangria-$18. Also had chicken nuggets and fries. Very yummy and not too pricey. Great snorkeling! I would recommend water shoes as it is rocky going into the water. The water is some of the prettiest water that I have seen in the Caribbean! So peaceful! This is my new favorite spot! Worth the 30 minute drive. We did need to refill the van on the way back, we stopped at a gas station on the left right before the port, you need to stop at the building first, pay for your gas, then proceed to the pump. Took us a bit to figure out this process! A very friendly local gave us step by step instructions!

buckeyecruiser57

1 review

Curacao - Weird timing in port, with boat docking at 1:00 PM and leaving at 11:00 PM. Lots of shopping, and sight seeing within walking distance of ship. The name brand stores are all right by the pier, while just over the moving pontoon bridge (I know, it sounds strange - you have to see it to fully comprehend it) are all the local shops, 10-15 minutes walking from the boat, (don't need a cab). to your right, just over this bridge is a little public square, which is a great place to negotiate excursions with local vendors, at far better prices than offered by the cruise lines. We got a two hour tour in an open-air bus, driving all over the island, including stops at a beach, the Curacao liquor factory (free samples !) , and a beautiful scenic over look probably 200 feet above the ocean, all for $15 p/p ! Great deal, and if you can't tell by now, my wife is a very shrewd negotiator !

bigdog69

1 review

We took a cab ride about 30 minutes out to one of the nicest beaches Playa Lagun I had ever been to and only a few people were on the beach and the snorkeling was fantastic.

hawkeyecruiser2

When researching our time on Curacao I was overcome by the wealth of beautiful beaches and could not decide which to choose. Luckily I found Irie Tours All- West Beach-hopping Tour. This all day adventure takes you to three of the best beaches, the national park, and stops at a plantation for a local lunch. We got to see Curacao's highlights with a terrific guide. It was a perfect option for us.

acan

1 review

Spent a couple of hours at a private beach, it was decent, but a little rocky. Would probably spend the day downtown in the future rather than the beach.

mollyutah

1 review

nice port. Beach break was fun

Provider: Cunard Line

DSmergs

1 review

Samana was extremely boring. We hired someone to take us to the rainforest and then the beach. He waited with us while we sun bathed.

Melanie

Greast trip to the beach, saw flamingo 'park' in passing, and beach wonderful, highly recommended for those who like a beach and suitable for children too (we didn't have any but saw people enjoying it all!) - good value

Provider: Holland America Line

Ole Salt

Excellent 3 1/2 hour tour of the rugged coast and an old plantation. The guides all did a very nice job of showing us the sights, and explaining the history of the Island.

Provider: Holland America Line