Naples Private Tour Excursion Reviews

Naples Private Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Spend the day exploring the western coastline of Italy and beautiful city of Naples at your own pace.
Member Image Pilot Fish
Apr 2016
Best excursion
Read Pilot Fish's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Beautiful Day Tours
Member Image hook120
Apr 2016
great service highly recommend.
Read hook120's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: rome in limo
Member Image lovetogobyebye
Nov 2015
The perfect start to our family vacation! On time pick up and drop off, very clean vehicles, excellent drivers and historians. Carmine set the bar very high for all other tours.
Read lovetogobyebye's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: See Amalfi Coast-Carmine
Member Image Sam_cruiser
Nov 2015
We traveled on a van where they offered us refreshments. On this trip, we discovered the ruins of Pompeii, part of an ancient Roman city destroyed and buried by the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius and its archeological excavations. Then we went to the Herculaneum and the mont Vesuvius.
Read Sam_cruiser's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Naples Port Shore Excursion
Member Image ColmarP
Excellent
Read ColmarP's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image lizmit
Oct 2015
I would give a higher rating but we ran short of time at Pompeii and the windshield of the van was really dirty. We toured Sorrento, Positano & Pompeii all inclusive which included a lunch. Our guide was very good but took us to a wood inlay factory which felt as if he got a kickback for taking us there - I don't know why else we would have stopped there. Sorrento is a great place to shop for souvenirs and the people were friendly. The drive to Positano was backed up, the traffic was horrible. The town itself is nice but I didn't think it was great - the people there weren't very friendly. The views were amazing. We headed to the restaurant and had a nice lunch then headed back out into the traffic to Pompeii. We arrived there around 4pm and our guide named Lino (Leno?) was nice and informative but didn't allow us to go off on our own, keeping us together while he explained everything that he wanted to. I'm not sure why we passed by some of the very interesting looking buildings and never got into the bordello or the houses because they lock up at 5:00. I'm upset that we didn't get to those first, our guide knew that they locked up at 5:00. I wouldn't use Joe Banana/Italy Tour Sharing again, nor do I recommend them.
Read lizmit's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Joe Banana/Italy Tour Sharing
Member Image sheppyhill
Oct 2015
We booked through italydriver.com and asked for Umberto. He speaks perfect english, charged us 350 Euro for the day. He was great, I would highly recommend Umberto to you. He took us to Pompeii and arranged for us to have a guide that cost us 100 Euro's + the ticket's into Pompeii, which I would highly recommend. If you try to do Pompeii on your own you will spend at least 30 minutes in line for a ticket, then you will be lost once you get into the city. Umberto drove us through the Amalfi Coastline, which was beautiful, but I definitely would not want to drive. He took us to Fattoria la Tagliata, which I have to say is the best restaurant I have ever been to in my life. The view and food were to die for. The meal cost us 25 Euro's & I would have paid twice that much to eat there again. The day with Umberto was probably the most memorable day of our whole trip.
Read sheppyhill's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Italy Driver
Member Image missypatti
Sep 2015
We were going to take the ferry to Sorrento but it was raining and the sea was rough, lucky for us we met David who offered the full package private tour of apples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Amalfie cost. Amazing drive and loved Sorrento. I would go back to Sorrento
Read missypatti's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Taxi
Member Image hbrooke1124
Sep 2015
Our favorite place of the trip as well as our favorite guide Salvatore who will sing opera for you while he drives and he's actually good! Such a friendly guide with lots of history and passion for what he does. The drive along the Amalfi coast is amazing. I would hate to be in a tour bus to do it though and we were so happy we were in a van and had flexibility to stop to take photos. We went to a mountain restaurant in the village of Ravelo. Beautiful scenery again and pretty good food too. Then we were off to Pompeii for a self tour for two hours. We should have booked a guide for this portion because Pompeii is huge and the maps are not very helpful. Salvatore was kind enough to take my parents back to the ship. My step mom was having health issues so he took them back and left us at Pompeii and came back to get us. I really appreciated his flexibility. I can't wait to go back to spend more time in Amalfi and look up Salvatore and have a drink or something!
Read hbrooke1124's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Simply Amalfi
Member Image bfarmerva
Sep 2015
We did a private tour of Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii through seeamalficoast.com (Recommended by Rick Steve's). Perfect! Very easy to set up through their website. This was a full day excursion along the magnificent Amalfi Coast and our guide Mario was the best! He met us promptly at the port in Naples and drove us along the coast, stopping along the way for pictures and the history of each location. He was fun and very informative. We hired a separate guide for Pompeii (Antonio) which proved to be another great decision. You can tour Pompeii on your own, but with a guide you are given information that makes what you are seeing meaningful. (The guide was scheduled through seeamalficoast.com. All we had to do was show up!) We saw so much in 8 hours with the personalized attention they had promised. Mario even set up lunch for us after we asked him to recommend a non touristy restaurant. It was delicious and off the beaten path. There were four people in our group. We all agreed at the end that it had been worth the price. Much better than a bus ride with 30+ people. Highly recommend this company!
Read bfarmerva's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Seeamalficoast
Member Image windsor26
Aug 2015
a small group with no waiting for late comers is great
Read windsor26's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image cruisemissile
Jul 2015
Did Pompeii(with Guide), Amalfi Coast, Positano and Sorrento. Took 30 minute ferry ride back to ship from Sorrento Cost $13 Eu/person well worth it
Read cruisemissile's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: APTours.com
Member Image Sheila0824
Jun 2015
Michael met us off the boat. We had grandparents with us with difficulty moving. He helped us do things we could do together or found them things to do while we did more mobile things. He had all the contacts and got us into a great restaurant, a fun boat trip, the blue grotto and the chair lift. He knew how to avoid the lines. Even time for shopping and Gelato. Highly recommend!
Read Sheila0824's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Michael
Member Image shelbelle99
Jun 2015
Amazing. Very helpful and knowledgable.
Read shelbelle99's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: RomeinLimo
Member Image RaptorDaD
Jun 2015
Ravello, Amalfi, & Positano are just beautiful.....
Read RaptorDaD's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Romeinlimo
Member Image familyfun1909
May 2015
Private Mercedes van and driver for less than if we took the cruise ship bus tour. We visited the Amalfi coast including the best pizza I have ever had. Then a tour of Pompeii. That was fascinating, I of course knew of he town destroyed in the first century, but never know how advanced they were for their time. They even knew the earth was round. I point not proven for hundreds of years.
Read familyfun1909's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.net
Member Image hoopmd
May 2015
We did the WALK of the GODS. This was a wonderful 4 mile trek along the Amalfi coast. We then visited Positano and went on to Pompeii where we had a private guide waiting for us. Carmine who toured us around Pompeii. Our driver was Enzo who spoke wonderful English and took us to several places to enjoy local cuisine. Our day was Fabulous!
Read hoopmd's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Provider: Lucia
Member Image Tijcornell
May 2015
We used AP Tours to do a tour of the Amalfi coast and Herculaneum with guide. Our driver was good, though we only got 1 hour in each town and were I to do it again, I'd pick one town and spend 2 hours I think. Our guide in Herculaneum was amazing. Ludi if you use AP Tours. She was delightful. I hemmed and hawed quite a while about setting up my own shared tours but they filled up in days or less. Completely worth it, saved money, had more control, a smaller group of wonderful new friends - I recommend it. Naples was a highlight port.
Read Tijcornell's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: AP Tours
Member Image Sandygram
Great
Read Sandygram's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Sing-inn Cruisers
May 2015
So glad we did this tour independently as the ship one was US$300 dearer. A great tour, wonderful scenery. Very good tour guide who was lighthearted, informative and very relaxed. The day just flew by.
Read Sing-inn Cruisers's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image lagapeach
Saw Florence, Sorrento and Pompeii
Read lagapeach's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image SamIAmMontreal
Oct 2014

The Amalfie Coast – Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii!

This time it truly was a private tour… Giovanni, our guide and driver, picked up my husband in a new Mercedes and took us out for a spectacular day that I will never forget. Fellow travellers, I want you to understand, if you can afford to take the shore excursion offered by the ship, then you can pay for a ‘private tour’, as in our case it was even a little cheaper when compared to what the ship was offering!

As Giovanni, grew up and lives in the region, he knew that all the shore excursions would be heading directly to Pompeii in the morning. So he took us to Sorrento, which was beautiful and peaceful on a Sunday morning at 9:00 am. He stopped frequently along the coastline and took many pictures of my husband and I, with breathtaking beauty in the background. During the ride he found out what we were interested in and suggested places that we might want to see. By the way, this coastline is not for the faint of heart! It makes Route #1 along the pacific coast in California look like a drive in the park!

Once in Positano, he gave us time to go down to the beach and walk along the shore. It’s about a 20 minute walk down, but over 45 to come up. In the meantime, he had made lunch reservations for us and an exquisite Italian restaurant, Trattoria La Tagliata, located at the very top of Positano. Not only were the views breathtaking, but this was definitely one of the best meals I have ever had. They grow everything themselves in gardens around the restaurant and the 5 course meal was a totally unforgettable experience. At this point I seriously contemplated not going back to the ship, surrounded by so much beauty!

After lunch we headed towards Pompeii. I don’t know if it was because we had just left one of the most incredibly beautiful spots in the world or that we ate too much, but neither my husband nor I really enjoyed Pompeii. First, they charged us 11 euro each to get in, but then didn’t have any maps. We rented their audio tape, but it didn’t really make much sense for what we were seeing. Although we have a deep appreciation for the history of the site and it was a highlight for so many other fellow passengers, after two hours we decided that we had had enough.

Giovanni got us safely back to the ship on time and when we said goodbye, it was like saying goodbye to an old friend.

Read SamIAmMontreal's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Joe Banana Limos
Member Image flowery
Oct 2014

If you like art and food, take a walking and private car tour with Vesuvius Vs Pompeii Company. They have outstanding guides- many of whom are experts in their field e.g. art history as well as cultural experts. Fiorella was delightful, smart and fun.

Read flowery's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image marybethhuebner
May 2014

Wanted to see both Herculaneum and Pompeii and this was the way we could do both. Went to Heraculenum first and loved the coziness of the place. Our tour guide was very sweet and fun. Learned a lot of the history of the time. Small enough so you could get a fell for the place...esp seeing the bones still there.

Pompeii was next. The place is immense. Glad we had a guide. Between the two places not sure which I would pick to see.

Read marybethhuebner's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Booked thru the Travel Agency
Member Image olsense1
Oct 2013

Fabrizio Melanaragno was the tour guide and provided us with an amazing tour of the Amalfi coast. Picked up in a Mercedes SUV and we were treated like royalty. A great ride along the coast wonderful lunch at a restaruant he chose and a great day. Saw wonderful scenery and met lots of great people on our stops..Would highly recommend this tour operator.

Read olsense1's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review