Naples Private Tour Excursion Reviews

Naples Private Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Spend the day exploring the western coastline of Italy and beautiful city of Naples at your own pace.
Member Image TheBird83
Aug 2016
We made stops in Postiano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. Because we were in a smaller van, we were able to make stops in areas that the larger cruise excursion busses could not. Our driver Ciro was extremely knowledgable and friendly - his cheerful personality truly made this a great trip.
Read TheBird83's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: See Almafi Coast
Member Image SharonL01
Jul 2016
Another great day! Fulvio picked us up and brought us to Pompeii (about 30 minutes). Met Antonio who spent the day with us. He was incredibly knowledgeable about Pompeii. Spent about 2 hours there. Then Fulvio drove us and Antonio to Sorrento. Beautiful city, but not there long enough to really explore. The traffic from Pompeii to Sorrento on a Friday at 11:30 am was TERRIBLE! Took us well over an hour. We did salvage the day though and had lunch at a nice restaurant at the harbor before getting on 1:20 pm ferry. I had bought those tickets ahead of time. Went to Capri and LOVED it there as well. Antonio could not have been more helpful in helping us navigate the day and sharing his knowledge. Took 5:10 Ferry back to Naples (50 minutes). Was back on the ship by 6:15 pm. Ferry docs at same location as the ship.
Read SharonL01's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: ItalyLimosouine
Member Image French Gal
Jul 2016
Took a tour to Sorrento and Positano and then to Pompei. Was very good but very hot and physically taxing.
Read French Gal's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image snlcbcruising
Jul 2016
Great tour. Comfortable, air conditioned vans. Was perfect for our party of 7.
Read snlcbcruising's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Rome in Limo
Member Image AmNotRay
Jul 2016
I can't eat pizza again until I'm back in Sorrento! Nice taste of Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano. Pompeii was a bit underwhelming. The olive oil and limoncello -amazing
Read AmNotRay's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Packlist
Jun 2016
We used Umberto from italydriver.com- referred from other reviews on this site. Umberto was great and we had an amazing day. We emailed an itinerary for him and he fulfilled it to the last item. We saw Positano and Sorrento with Umberto giving us the excellent information about the area. A great day and a great guide. Thanks!
Read Packlist's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Italydriver
Member Image Pepzee
Jun 2016
Booked Pompei, Sorrento and Posianto. We had a good trip and I would recommend this company.
Read Pepzee's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image KatKay
May 2016
We have been to Naples several times in the past and enjoyed Sorrento and Amalfi, Pompeii and Herculaneum, All were wonderful tours but we wanted to try something new. I contacted Share a Shore and set up an excursion to Grotte di Pertosa and Paestum. We had a wonderful day with our driver Franco. We were in a very high-end, late model Mercedes sedan which made the driving comfortable and easy. The ancient Greek ruins at Paestum were beautiful and it was easy to be immersed in the history. Our trip to the caves of Grotte di Pertosa was also wonderful. The caves are lovely and we enjoyed both the walk and the boat ride. All-in-All, we had a superb day and are so glad we arranged this excursion.
Read KatKay's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Share a Shore Excursion
Member Image Fortun8
May 2016
A private Mecedes car trip through the mountains and down the coast to 3 towns and lookouts along the way for photos.
Read Fortun8's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image seek49
May 2016
This was a 3-hour tour around the island complete with a stop at the Blue Grotto. It was wonderful.
Read seek49's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Blue Sea Capri
Member Image boattonowhere
May 2016
Private tour to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. Another great day. Don't miss Sorrento and Positano they are so beautiful! Travelling down the Amalfi coast is the best drive you will ever experience. This is a must do!
Read boattonowhere's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Provider: Italy Tours.EU
Member Image netrodini
May 2016
Paulo took care of the of our small group. great gob!
Read netrodini's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Paul Private Day Tours
Member Image AdventureAmigos
May 2016
Naples was a real disappointment. After researching all the great sites to see, many of which were listed by the city Hop-on-Hop-off, we found that everything was run down and closed. Even a museum with great works of art was not open. Churches could only be seen from the outside, were poorly maintained and sometimes gated. The city is an eyesore. Nothing is maintained. What a loss. I would definitely go on one of the excursions next time and see something worthwhile.
Read AdventureAmigos's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Read Pilot Fish's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Beautiful Day Tours
Member Image hook120
Apr 2016
great service highly recommend.
Read hook120's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: rome in limo
Member Image lovetogobyebye
Nov 2015
The perfect start to our family vacation! On time pick up and drop off, very clean vehicles, excellent drivers and historians. Carmine set the bar very high for all other tours.
Read lovetogobyebye's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: See Amalfi Coast-Carmine
Member Image Sam_cruiser
Nov 2015
We traveled on a van where they offered us refreshments. On this trip, we discovered the ruins of Pompeii, part of an ancient Roman city destroyed and buried by the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius and its archeological excavations. Then we went to the Herculaneum and the mont Vesuvius.
Read Sam_cruiser's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Naples Port Shore Excursion
Member Image ColmarP
Excellent
Read ColmarP's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image lizmit
Oct 2015
I would give a higher rating but we ran short of time at Pompeii and the windshield of the van was really dirty. We toured Sorrento, Positano & Pompeii all inclusive which included a lunch. Our guide was very good but took us to a wood inlay factory which felt as if he got a kickback for taking us there - I don't know why else we would have stopped there. Sorrento is a great place to shop for souvenirs and the people were friendly. The drive to Positano was backed up, the traffic was horrible. The town itself is nice but I didn't think it was great - the people there weren't very friendly. The views were amazing. We headed to the restaurant and had a nice lunch then headed back out into the traffic to Pompeii. We arrived there around 4pm and our guide named Lino (Leno?) was nice and informative but didn't allow us to go off on our own, keeping us together while he explained everything that he wanted to. I'm not sure why we passed by some of the very interesting looking buildings and never got into the bordello or the houses because they lock up at 5:00. I'm upset that we didn't get to those first, our guide knew that they locked up at 5:00. I wouldn't use Joe Banana/Italy Tour Sharing again, nor do I recommend them.
Read lizmit's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Joe Banana/Italy Tour Sharing
Member Image sheppyhill
Oct 2015
We booked through italydriver.com and asked for Umberto. He speaks perfect english, charged us 350 Euro for the day. He was great, I would highly recommend Umberto to you. He took us to Pompeii and arranged for us to have a guide that cost us 100 Euro's + the ticket's into Pompeii, which I would highly recommend. If you try to do Pompeii on your own you will spend at least 30 minutes in line for a ticket, then you will be lost once you get into the city. Umberto drove us through the Amalfi Coastline, which was beautiful, but I definitely would not want to drive. He took us to Fattoria la Tagliata, which I have to say is the best restaurant I have ever been to in my life. The view and food were to die for. The meal cost us 25 Euro's & I would have paid twice that much to eat there again. The day with Umberto was probably the most memorable day of our whole trip.
Read sheppyhill's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Italy Driver
Member Image missypatti
Sep 2015
We were going to take the ferry to Sorrento but it was raining and the sea was rough, lucky for us we met David who offered the full package private tour of apples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Amalfie cost. Amazing drive and loved Sorrento. I would go back to Sorrento
Read missypatti's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Taxi
Member Image hbrooke1124
Sep 2015
Our favorite place of the trip as well as our favorite guide Salvatore who will sing opera for you while he drives and he's actually good! Such a friendly guide with lots of history and passion for what he does. The drive along the Amalfi coast is amazing. I would hate to be in a tour bus to do it though and we were so happy we were in a van and had flexibility to stop to take photos. We went to a mountain restaurant in the village of Ravelo. Beautiful scenery again and pretty good food too. Then we were off to Pompeii for a self tour for two hours. We should have booked a guide for this portion because Pompeii is huge and the maps are not very helpful. Salvatore was kind enough to take my parents back to the ship. My step mom was having health issues so he took them back and left us at Pompeii and came back to get us. I really appreciated his flexibility. I can't wait to go back to spend more time in Amalfi and look up Salvatore and have a drink or something!
Read hbrooke1124's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Simply Amalfi
Member Image bfarmerva
Sep 2015
We did a private tour of Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii through seeamalficoast.com (Recommended by Rick Steve's). Perfect! Very easy to set up through their website. This was a full day excursion along the magnificent Amalfi Coast and our guide Mario was the best! He met us promptly at the port in Naples and drove us along the coast, stopping along the way for pictures and the history of each location. He was fun and very informative. We hired a separate guide for Pompeii (Antonio) which proved to be another great decision. You can tour Pompeii on your own, but with a guide you are given information that makes what you are seeing meaningful. (The guide was scheduled through seeamalficoast.com. All we had to do was show up!) We saw so much in 8 hours with the personalized attention they had promised. Mario even set up lunch for us after we asked him to recommend a non touristy restaurant. It was delicious and off the beaten path. There were four people in our group. We all agreed at the end that it had been worth the price. Much better than a bus ride with 30+ people. Highly recommend this company!
Read bfarmerva's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Seeamalficoast
Member Image windsor26
Aug 2015
a small group with no waiting for late comers is great
Read windsor26's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image cruisemissile
Jul 2015
Did Pompeii(with Guide), Amalfi Coast, Positano and Sorrento. Took 30 minute ferry ride back to ship from Sorrento Cost $13 Eu/person well worth it
Read cruisemissile's full Island Princess cruise review