Cozumel Amazing Cozumel Race Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Amazing Cozumel Race

Perfect for family and friends, this interactive clue-based adventure game is a unique way to explore the nooks and crannies of Cozumel.

tq930

1 review

It was fun, but snorkeling portion was misleading, it was out too far and the water was too rough. almost every struggled.

tinrose56

The Amazing Race was fun and we got to interact with local people, they all seem to enjoy helping us and seeing us running around like nuts.

kbfamilycruiser

1 review

Amazing Cozumel Race was a highlight of our trip. Our family of four - with daughters aged 8 and 11 - had a blast solving the clues and going from place to place, seeing parts of town we might not otherwise have seen. It was fun and only as strenuous as you chose to make it. The company does a fantastic job and we recommend it very highly.

Provider: Independent Operator

aiptasia

1 review

Well, the morning of our arrival in Cozumel, we found a note slipped under our door by the cruise staff saying they'd cancelled the excursion due to lack of participation. This was a disappointment to us as The Amazing Race is one of our favorite shows and we wanted to test our mettle a bit vs. other passengers. Instead, we ran the gauntlet through the lame Disney-esq shops and hired a cab for 1/3 of the price of going through the cruise staff to tour the island for four and a half hours. Our guide spoke perfect English and took us to a tequila farm, a turtle and iguana freshwater springs park, around town to see how the locals lived, the west coast of the island where marine biologists were marking green turtle nests, a few beach stops and then back to the main shopping area. All in all, a nice Cozumel tour.

Joemomma

1 review

Great time even with the torrential rain from the beginning to the end of the race. Personnel were fantastic - very supportive in the rain. Was a fun time. Port is getting to be like Costa Maya - "macho" men outside the stores trying to get you in, making snarky remarks if you don't.

sayok

1 review

Terrific excursion, had a blast.

kratescape

1 review

We had so much fun doing the Amazing Race. We got to see a lot of different things that we would not have done otherwise. We'll do this one again!

FraudBroad

My kids, parents, and sister all headed out on the "Amazing Race Cozumel." I had read many reviews here about the excursion and everything sounded great so they were all excited. Unfortunately, they didn't have the greatest time and only rated it as "okay." My Mom's opinion was that if it were only two or three in your group it would probably be great but with 5 of them it was difficult to coordinate.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

chosen

1 review

It was fun but it was too hot in early September for running around downtown and there wasn't enough time in water. This was advertised as being for all ages. Do not bring a baby the way we did! It should have been advertised as age 5+. Be aware that you will be spending your time downtown and not doing much swimming.

Any Excuse to Vacation

1 review

Great! I highly recommend this excursion. We had so much fun. We have been to Cozumel three other times. But we saw parts of the city that we had never seen before. The locals were so nice and so helpful. If you want to do something different while in Cozumel and you want to have a lot of fun, you must try this excursion. I suggest you wear comfortable shoes. You do not need to pack a towel. It will just be another thing to carry. But bring some money with you. The taxi ride back to the ship is not included in the price of the excursion.

KansasK

I did the Great Cozumel Race, which is like the Amazing Race on TV. I was put on a team with a woman and her 16 year old daughter, and we made a good team. We walked/ran all over downtown Cozumel looking for locations and clues. It was very hot, but we had a good time. The locals join in and point the way. The organizers appear on the race and help a lot. They also gave us a phone to call if we got lost. The organizers were great. We finished 8th out of 13 teams. We finished at an open air bar and we all cheered the teams in. It was great fun. I had read about this excursion and I am glad I finally did it.

ILuvDW

1 review

Awesome! Everyone in my group loved it! You do have to be physically fit because you are "racing" all over town. This is a great excursion for a family. Our teens especially liked it. The guys who run it also seemed to really appreciate that we were there.

bdtmoult

Had a great time.

DetroitMike1

1 review

Excellent staff on excursion. They went out of our way to assist my family and I when we ran into a bit of trouble. VERY impressive on their part!

luv2cruzfrmtx

We had a blast. Solving clues, running thru the streets of Cozumel, swimming for clues. The locals were lots of help. We never had any issues getting lost. Would do it agian!!!