Cozumel Snuba Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Snuba

Cozumel is known as one of the best snuba diving locations in the world. Dive deep into the island's clear waters and experience it for yourself.

optiman32

Excursion itself was good but our enjoyment was limited becuase five of the seven people in our group chickend out and only rode the raft- this forced our diver to tow those folks around which limited where we could dive

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

Victor bravo

1 review

It was a little chaotic and confusing finding the place, room, instructor and I'm fluent in Spanish. Once suited up, u listen to a 15 minute talk about mask and ropes and weights and I was more terrified by that point. Unless you're an adventurer or real comfortable with your swimming abilities, u might be a little overwhelmed with the details. My sister couldn't get past the weight belt and water in her mask so spent the whole $150 trip getting seasick on the little float 20 feet above.. The guide moves quickly and confidentially and u will be left behind if u don't get over it. Better bet- hop a $7 cab to Margaritaville where u can drink and eat guacamole on their Caribbean deck overlooking caribbean lagoon and SWIM, float, bounce & snorkel, using their equipment for FREE

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

hyker1

I did this excursion with my sister-in-law. I always love Cozumel, but this particular location had very poor sea-life. The reef was badly damaged and the sea-life disappointing. I did get to see a lobster, but there was very little living coral. Most was dead. :( Also, we had to wait nearly and hour before even getting into the water. One lady in our group was freezing. It was actually warmer in the water than out of it! Temps were in the low 70's that day with breezy conditions. Anyway, the snuba only lasted 30 minutes max. It's truly enjoyable, but awfully short. They take your photo underwater, so my sister in law and I got a cute photo souvenir shot of us holding hands underwater with a tropical fish swimming by. Cute. If you've never done Snuba, definitely go, but I don't advise going at this particular location. I went in Roaton another time, and the reef was spectacular!

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

bead_dazzled

I am giving this excursion a 3 because my party's equipment had to be changed out several times before they could begin the tour. While my family said it was OK, they said being tethered to the group air tank float limited their swimming range and speed and it was not as fun as they expected it to be. Despite some of the pictures that show an underwater scooter, this excursion is a swimming only excursion. My family will do a scuba excursion next time. I chickened out and did not swim with the family...as the instructor said "nose breather...not so good with this". I enjoyed an adult beverage and snack at the restaurant. The guacamole was very good. Kids ate nachos and fries after the excursion and enjoyed them. Prices were fair; service was good. Massages and henna tattoos are also available from a vendor at the location. Extras...lockers cost $3 each and pictures are $10 each. Transportation back to the cruise terminal is included in the excursion price.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines