Cozumel Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Snorkeling

What's really beneath Cozumel's waters? You may encounter some of the island's unique vibrant colored fish on a snorkeling adventure.

KRtrumpet182

We booked a sail and snorkel experience through the Shore Excursions Group and it was EXCELLENT! We snorkeled at two different reefs close by to the ships. We saw tons of fish and coral. The tour guides were phenomenal. During the 3-hour excursion, we snorkeled for an hour. We were also given pineapple and sodas/water prior to snorkeling and margaritas, tequila, and chips with guacamole after were finished snorkeling. Highly recommended!

ctvoorhees

1 review

Cozumel saved the port portion of this cruise for us. After the failures that were Jamaica and Grand Cayman, we all truly loved Cozumel. This was our second visit and our first time doing an excursion. We did the paddle-boarding / snorkel package and it was absolutely amazing. I was horrible at paddle-boarding but the rest of my family had so much fun I couldn't help but to enjoy it. The snorkeling was an absolute blast as I attached my 'Go-Pro- to my head and got beautiful video of all of the fish and surroundings. We will definitely do this again.

pcox5270

1 review

Was supposed to be about 4 hours, spent 3 1/2 hours driving all round the area plus a tequila tasting and got 25 mins of snorkeling. There were a couple of first timers in our group and they were left to their own devices, the cove area the guides had chosen to enter the sea had a strong tide and people were being pushed back to the shore, the guides didn't hang around to help the stragglers but they did remember to remind us that tips are appreciated! There was a 15 min walk to get to/from the Jeeps from the harbor area, that wasn't mentioned in the brochure.

Klevy5

Great time for a First Time Snorkeler and Kayaker ! Very professional

cruiseFun001

1 review

first time snorkeling, panicked at first, but calmed down after getting used to breathing through mouth. saw some interest fish and stingray.

Provider: MSC Cruises

ArkTraveler82

Mini-Speed Boat, Snorkel and Beach Adventure
The mini-speed boats were great fun and our tour guide, Luis, was terrific, making the excursion extra fun!!! We were in luck as the day was gorgeous and the sea was an amazing turquoise blue. The highlight was when a large boat passed by and we were able to catch the waves and go airborne. What a high!!! The snorkeling area was smaller than I was expecting but we were able to see some sea life. When we returned back to the beach after the excursion, we bought a tasty lunch at the excursion site. We had a terrific day!

adnorm08

1 review

We booked this excursion on the ship and the day before we were in Cozumel and were so happy we did! It was a great excursion with great tour guides and we had a blast!!!
They took us to Chakanaab park where we got our snorkel gear and got in the water and saw some really neat fish, stingrays and a statue!! Afterwards, we had free reign of the park for a couple hours and ate lunch there (great fajitas) and then got in the very nice huge pool!! We would totally do this again!

aalbin

1 review

For the price this will be a great time. Not pure luxury, but a serious amount of fun and memories. I would recommend to anyone looking for a short get away with kids or without!

tiepet

1 review

Really enjoyed learning how to snorkel.

docmama

Snorkelling was great (Cozumel has the most beautiful blue water of anywhere on earth) and the excursion staff were wonderful EXCEPT they had woefully inadequate masks and snorkels. If we had taken our own it would be 5+ stars. Unfortunately they told us no need to bring anything and we regretted not taking our own masks.

HACKT

We really like Cozumel and they are in port longer – 9 hours. We elected to go snorkel with the sea turtles which required taking the ferry to Playa and then a van so it took 7 hours total including the hour long snorkel with the sea turtles. But it was a great experience and included a good buffet lunch and unlimited drinks at the resort so I do recommend it. Our friends went to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins and liked it as well. Both excursions end in downtown Cozumel so we had an hour to shop before catching a taxi ($8 per car) back to the Freedom.

Tracey/Thom

1 review

We also went clear kayak which was fun, but the snorkeling with Mario and Julio was the highlight of the entire cruise for me! It was pretty deep water, but they made us feel safe and showed us moray eel, coral reef, stingray and tropical fish! The beach was clean, quiet and had lockers (small fee) and a little café and bar. Totally enjoyed it!

newbiecruiser85

1 review

looked at 2 reefs and 1 sand bar. free beer, friendly staff. a little rushed. and by the time you got off the boat he was already like 40ft away. but beautiful.

WECoyote

1 review

We took the Fury Snorkel and Beach Break. My breakdown of the ratings are this: Snorkel 2 and beach break 5.

The snorkel sites were very good. There were a lot of different sea critters to see and the water was extremely clear. The problem with the snorkel was the they tried to group the people and herd them like a bunch of cattle or sheep, It was not enjoyable at all to be hit with arms and/or flippers every few seconds. Further, the snorkel equipment was one size fits all. That worked well for my wife, but mine leaked continuously in spite of being swapped out twice. I am an experience diver and I am very well versed in dive/snorkel equipment.This stuff was garbage.

The beach break was fantastic. It was a private beach and the facilities and amenities (including beverages) were very good.

mross0822

The catamaran tour was amazing! The staff on board the tour company was friendly and explained everything very clearly. The snorkel tour was awesome- clear water, and thoroughly guided. They even took pictures of us underwater which was really cool! Then we were taken to a private beach area where we were able to rest and relax and play in the water. There was an open bar as well, and food and water available. Overall, great value for our money and a really fun excursion. Would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Tobias10

Very disappointing - we had to enter the water via a horrible rocky area - sunny day became overcast when we got to snorkeling part of tour and we saw very few fish and no coral. Guide insisted that this was the only place on the island to snorkel, which we found hard to believe. At end of this part of tour the guide informed us that we tourists are the only form of income they have and that they need our tips - we found this very offensive. we paid for the tour and tipping should be optional, not mandatory. we did not tip!

Provider: MSC Cruises

Dawnetg

1 review

Norwegian was extremely helpful in helping us change our excursion, since the day before's was cancelled. They refunded our money and helped us re-book and re-jig our day in Cozumel. We enjoyed some time walking the stores and restaurants in the morning. Much better shopping in Cozumel (but they still sell the same stuff, store after store after store). We did stumble across some unique, authentic (i think) delicious stores with beautiful art and clothing. The people were great, although you could see the wear'n tear and frustration for unfriendly/gracious tourists. We were witness to some very pushy and rude tourists ourselves. I felt for the people at each port. Anyway....we had fantastic walks and then awesome drinks at a cafe ("Cougars" I believe, great waiter!). We then set off to catch our catamaran for some snorkelling fun with our kids. Neither of them had ever snorkelled before, so we were excited to show them beautiful fish and reef or coral or some semblance of nature? Unfortunately, they took us along side land for quite owe time. We never went "out" far and we could pretty much see our cruise ship the whole time. At our "dive" spot, they basically said "here's your gear", no training really, just rules. "Oh well" we thought. we're here, lets make the best of it and it's a first time for our kids. We jumped in with the other 200 people and the other 4 boats with the same amount of people. We noticed we were maybe 200-300 feet away from a bar and it's patio. We were not allowed to venture very far from our boat at all and ALL the coral and reef was dead. There was really only one kind of fish and they are there for whatever it is the guides feed them to entertain us. Sad and un-environmentally sound for sure! We didn't want o dampen the kids experience with what we really knew was going on, so we enjoyed their faces and watched them dive for the fake things that humans put on the ocean floor (so that there was at least something to see and fish to hide in). If you have any sense of true snorkelling and an appreciation for underwater nature...don't do this tour. We again, made the best of it and enjoyed the crew and their dancing and free drinks on the boat and the views as we sailed past resorts and bars along the port. They also took us to a private beach where there were floating slides and obstacles and sea-doo's to rent. Our kids couldn't wait to get out there. Our son rented a Sea Doo and we played a bit int he very dirty, bad smelling water. Turning again that blind eye, we made the best of it. (Still worthy of noting however). There is potential for change, I don't know about their knowledge or infrastructure to make it happen though. It would be nice to see.

kuncelk

1 review

Cozumel: Totally enjoyed the Fury Catamaran and Snorkel tour. We motored out to where we could snorkel, drifting along in a pretty significant current. Saw lots of cool fish and coral in ~45 minutes and our daughter finally got the hang of snorkeling. My daughter and I get seasick and were worried about the boat, but it was really stable and we had no problems. Husband enjoyed the free beer on the way back to the ship.

darcyallen1

1 review

We did the Xel-Ha snorkeling/river tubing trip. It was quite a ways from the Cozumel port-had to take a 40 minute Ferry ride(bring the Dramamine for that!) then walk through the streets a little to a taxi that took you the rest of the way there. The transfers were seamless and our guide Juan was perfect. He even told us to use our snorkel flippers for paddles while on our tubes. You could easily spend a few days at this park, but we only had time for a short slow tube ride down the river, some zip lining into the river, and snorkeling back to where the restaurants are for an all inclusive authentic Mexican lunch. The fish were gorgeous, although I didn't get to snorkel that much because my 6 year old was crying most of the time. (I think he was overtired and wary about the river water-solely because it wasn't a pool)

hughmckerlie

See entire review

S_MN_Warmth_Seekers

1 review

Did easy walk in snorkel. Was not impressed with location right off main road between cruise ship ports but the water sights and reef were better than expected. I am not a good swimmer and wife did not want to try it (she was able to pay for the $10 taxi ride while I snorkeled for 1 hour, plenty of others to talk to and drinks/snacks available while she waited). The guide gave us instruction as I'd tried to snorkel in St Thomas & Cancun on my own with limited success. Good equipment provided and we went way out onto reef and saw tons of colorful fish, coral, small barracuda, starfish, even 6" sea horse. Was fairly tired on return since not a good swimmer but held on to guide's marker float until got in.

Hardy95

Booked a Catamaran Snorkeling Trip (Fury Tours). This included about 45 minutes snorkeling, after which they offered plenty of drinks (we don't drink, so we had some good punch) and

The waters were clear and pristine, so you could see so well. There was nice coral reef and some fish. .

A great start to our cruise!

eglidenblu

1 review

So we left on a beautiful catamaran, nice wind available and yet we motored everywhere we went. Very unpleasant diesel odor abounded. We went to the "marine park" within sight of the cruise terminal, sparsely coraled, I did see a moray eel and a scorpion fish, a first for me.

orca2

1 review

We loved this tour. Had a great guide. Snorkelled, enjoyed beach time, saw a sea lion show, learned about the Mayan's. Great park-there is a dolphin encounter and also a zip-line there.

manipogo

1 review

This was a lot of fun. The Speed boats are 15ft fibreglass two-seaters with 25 HP 2-stroke outboards. They go fast enough that you can catch some air on a big wave (if you choose). The tour starts with a 20 minute ride to the beach and about 20 minutes of prep and orientation. The group takes off the the beach and stops in front of one of the resorts (I think Coral Princess or nearby) for a short bit of snorkelling. Shore snorkelling isn't great in Cozumel since the hurricane a few years ago and the current is strong so you have to stay close to the shore, but it's a destination for the boats and still fun. The staff are diligent about keeping track of everyone. After snorkelling you rip around in the boats for a while longer. Altogether about 1.5 hours with boating and snorkelling. After the tour you spend about an hour at the beach where you can buy lunch, photos, drinks and the tour guide gives a demonstration on making Mexican salsa. The chips and salsa are free but everything else costs. Be sure to bring a few bucks for a locker ($3) at a minimum.

Laurie22

1 review

Wow, great time on the double reef snorkelling tour. We totally loved this excursion and would highly recommend it. You get a boat ride to two separate locations and the staff on the tour were so much fun. Snorkelling was great and we even got free beers after the two snorkelling activities were done. Awesome!

jsgarner19

1 review

LOVED LOVED LOVED this port. From the excursion to the shopping. Everything. We enjoyed the excursion with Miguel as our guide. We felt bad, as he had to swim out 100+ yards to tell us we had gotten too far out. We were snorkeling, and got carried away enjoying ourselves.

If you want to go Scuba diving, ask for the lady with the Hummingbird Tattoo's, she was awesome.

100% recommend the excursions here.

firelife98

Though it rained for portions of the trip, we still have a great time. One negative (Not explained in description) was that we had to walk to the start of the tour, which was (10) minutes or so away from the International Cruise port. But once we started, it was fun from then on. We stopped at a ruin replica of an old lighthouse and was give some history of the construction and use. We then proceeded along the main road to the Blue beach. We had time to relax, snorkle and swim. It was beautiful. We then proceeded along the main road into the "jungle" where we had some fun in the mud and on the pathways. We finished the trip at another beach and relaxing area, where the rain unfortunately started. Overall a great experience and the guides were very knowledgable.

spartyfan87

1 review

We liked snorkeling. Our tour guide took us to 3 different spots. It was fun, except at one of the locations there were tons of jellyfish and we all got stung about 20 times! These little jellyfish were like bees stinging us. We negotiated $100 for 3 of us, included beer, water and soda.

Geewizz66

1 review

Had a great time with the knowledgeable crew and the food was excellent.

allthewaytotheport

Fantastic!

MongoCruiser

1 review

We took a $20 cab (for 6 people) to Chackannab. It's a great place to snorkel, eat, drink, relax and not have anyone bother you. They have lockers and clean showers/changing rooms. Bring an underwater camera and enjoy!!!

ibtsoom

1 review

We decided NOT to use Carnival's excursions and saved lots of money! For an $11 taxi ride about 10 miles from the boat to Chankanaab National Park and about $21 entry fee each to the park, we spent the entire morning snorkeling almost completely alone! We had most of the park to ourselves. I guess we beat all the cruise excursions there.
We rented our snorkeling equipment right there on the beach for very little cost. I did have trouble with my mask leaking and had to return it three times until I got one that sealed, but they gave me no problems exchanging it.
Water was a little rough, but clear with lots of fish to see. This was the first snorkeling experience for my boys, ages 8 and 11, and they absolutely LOVED it. Biggest thrill was the HUGE barracuda hiding under the dive platform...freaked me out a little, especially when he turned his head to look directly at me - I think my wedding ring caught his attention!
Once others started getting to the park, we were able to swim near all the scuba divers and see exactly what they had paid to see. Their guides even shared their finds with us!
The park had someone swimming around taking underwater pictures (about 20-30 pics) that they put on a CD, which we purchased for only $25! We did not get to check out all the other goodies the park offered because we wanted to do some shopping in Cozumel, but I know they offer scuba, snuba, swimming with dolphins, and other tours as well.
On the way out of the park, we came up on one of the wild iguana sunning in the front. My youngest inched his way close to it for a pic. Overall, a great experience for much less than Carnival charged!

Buggy2001

1 review

Great activitiy for all ages!

arkansasboy

1 review

We snorkeled at Playa Palancar which is nice.

Luckyone2

Love Money Bar!

lvparrothead

I did the snorkel and beach excursion to Palancar Reef and Playa Mia beach. The snorkel crew was very informative and safety oriented. The ride out was beautiful and we had a pretty long snorkel although the reef was a bit boring. Not much life moving around as a storm was coming. Also it is not colorful like some I have seen. The group was big too and I got kicked a lot with other people's fins. I didn't like that part - wish they would have let us spread out a bit more. Then we rode out to the beach and were given free drinks - beer, soda, margaritas on the way. We got lunch which was included at the beach, along with open bar. We stayed there an hour and a half and then back on the boat. It was more drinks and a dance party on the way back and everyone had a great time. Beautiful day and great crew.

nickh23

1 review

Amazing Dexluxe sail and snorkel tour. Catameran boat ride was amazing with free beer and margaritas and the beach was very nice with water toys and food. Open bar at the beach but had to pay $10 for a burger lunch.

colibri lover

1 review

I wasn't able to complete the snorkeling excursion but my husband did and he did enjoy it. I think I needed a bit more time to learn how to use the mask and snorkel on shore before going right into the water with it but others seemed to handle it OK so I would actually give it almost a 5 and you do get to see lots of fish. My husband enjoyed it so much that he did book a 2nd. snorkeling excursion on Costa Maya.

TacMed12

The reason it gets a 5 and not a 5+ is because it wasn't long enough! Personally, I could have snorkeled for hours on end. This was 45 minutes and I extended it a few minutes by being the last person back onboard. Lots of colorful fish, beautiful coral, and crystal clear water! The crew were very safety oriented and they provide all your equipment. We brought our own snorkeling gear. I have a hard time putting my mouth on a used snorkel.

Provider: Holland America Line

Steve551

No problems here except my daughter-in-law and oldest grandson got seasick on the ferry to the mainland...rough seas!

yokeagan

We booked the Royal Caribbean Catamaran Double Site Snorkel & Beach. The Good: The Reef is very healthy. We were able to see a lot of sea life and coral, including sea turtles, a spotted ray, squid, as well as your usually fish life. Clarity of the water was good. We also had a long time in the water, about 50 minutes. The crew were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the Beach at Playa Mia. My husband went out on the Hobie Cat and My son wandered around the water park. I hit the beach. The Bad: This isn't a true sailing Catamaran. They have disabled the sail and they motored the whole way out. You should note that it takes about 45 minutes to reach the snorkeling site. Also, there really is only one snorkeling site. They swim about 20 yards over to the "second" site-- so not really two snorkel stops. There really isn't enough time at the beach, once you eat, you have only about an hour. There was no way to do everything there. The OK: Again, you are supposed to follow the guy in the water, who has a flag. However, we pretty much did what we wanted since we are strong swimmers and snorkelers. It is important to note that the water was a little rougher here, but the guide follows the natural current, so it's not too tiring for those who are not strong swimmers. The lunch provided was just ok. Not bad. I wish this excursion was longer. Overall I give it a B+

uscgmom

1 review

We did the Double Snorkel and Beach excursion. We walked off the ship in Cozumel to a waiting area on the pier. We then walked over to the catamaran and were off. We snorkeled in two areas and then were taken to a beach resort where we could use all the facilities there for about an hour. The rum punch, margaritas and beer were flowing freely! The tour was extremely well run as well as the equipment used. Would definitely recommend.

northernislandgirl

1 review

We had a great excursion with two stops - there were 9 of us on the boat with two staff. We went to the National Park for snorkeling and then to another site. Operator had a cooler with drinks, snorkel equipment and were were out for most of the day for $25 per person.

LLA68

1 review

Seas where rough and we where only allowed 45 minutes to gear up and snorkel and get back into dune buggy.

BODICERIPPER

1 review

Booked as part our Chankanaab tour. The water was a bit choppy that day, but we managed to snorkel a bit. The equipment was very modern and clean, and seemed to be of good quality. The staff at the snorkel shack was very polite. Good beer from the store next door. I've snorkeled on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, and Chankanaab was not nearly as stunning, but it was still pretty and fun nonetheless. It was nice getting off of the ship for a swim. I enjoyed Chankanaab.

speedlady

Found these guys at the cruiseport. They offered us 2 hours and 2 places of snorkeling for $35. We went with another couple from the ship. Waited 40 minutes for them to get more people, then they took the 4 of us out. We picked up another couple at a marina down the way, so there were 6 total on the boat. It was a beautiful day, the water was warm, the fish were beautiful and we drank all the beer. Great excursion, especially for the money.

Essayan

1 review

Great excursion. Really fun guides - open bar and Latino dancing on the boat commute, for those interested -- and then fun snorkeling. Would have been nice if we hadn't been so far above the reef, but we saw lots of fish, a baby shark and a baby turtle. Good for beginners. Nice beach as part II, with fun sea toys for kids - ie. water trampoline. Pretty bad lunch. Highly recommend for children.

roch342

Hired a cab who helped pick a beach (Azul) from our request. Cost $16 each way including all five of us. Then the beach was $12 each which included loungers, umbrellas, snorkel gear as needed, and up to $12 in drink tickets. Mexican style food was extra (but not expensive) if we wanted it, and I thought it was good, though the more critical and experienced members of our group said they'd had better in MN. Snorkeling off the beach was fairly easy and satisfactory.

ChristmasLegend12

1 review

Excellent service, directions were easy to follow, great facility.

mexicobeachmom

1 review

What a perfect day....sea, sun and snorkeling. Cozumel We had a 9am start time for our glass bottom boat/snorkeling tour with Chi Chi Charters....great great and great. After the long, and I mean long walk from the ship to the terminal and then again through the shopping gauntlet...crazy long. Be aware that there are some peddle bikes (good tip only) for the first half but nothing through the shopping area?? Not ideal for the disabled. Taxis were available...$8 for a sedan and $16 for a 10 person van..Down to Carleta Marina to catch our boat. Amanda met us for final payment and handed us over to Angel and Al, our captain and snorkel guide. We cruised 30 mins in crystal clear turquoise seas to Columbia reef, our first stop. Gear on and jump in. Clear down to the 50 foot bottom...huge schools of colorful fish....which we swam through the beautiful yellow and black stripped Trigger fish and grey groupers.... Barracuda, couch shells, moray eel, stingray, flounder, starfish, and more....I could do this for days...it was like swimming in a huge aquarium. Off to Palancar, Chankanaab Reef and El Ceilo (which means heaven and it is)... No more than knee deep turquoise water and white silky sand....it is truly heaven. This is where Al lays out a table full of snacks...homemade salsas, guac and chips, and fresh fruit while we lazy in the water drinking Coronitas and sodas.....love that! Thanks ChiChi for a wonderful day!

kamomilt

Cozumel, was our final Caribbean port. Again, the port that we have visited Cozumel in on other cruises...(RCI and Carnival) was preferable to this one. This port for NCL was more industrial than the local flair that we found with RCI. It kind of looses the charm without that quaint location. Our excursion for the day was the Palancar snorkel and Playa Mia beach break. We have taken this same excursion before with RCI and absolutely LOVED it. The first time we snorkeled with about 20 people over 3 different reefs which provided a multitude of sea life and beautifully colored coral...this time however, we were on that same boat with probably 80 or more people, and were taken to a spot to snorkel that was no where near as colorful as the first time. The fact that there were so many people in this group really took away from the quality of this excursion. It is difficult to snorkel with so many people in close proximity. Very disappointing! After snorkeling, we were taken to Playa Mia for a complimentary snack (lunch) that was very good, along with as much to drink as you wanted, all included! In all, we only had about an hour and a half on the beach, which really isn't enough time to enjoy all the beach has to offer.

Inslady78

1 review

Most amazing snorkeling experience ever. You don't have to be an expert. We saw sea turtles, colorful fish, and it was an awesome tour.

Batman's Skivvies

Have done this excursion before (2007) and the snorkel spot is in much better shape than it was 5 years ago.

Funhawg

1 review

Snorkeling at Punta Sur was peaceful, lots of fish on the reef and some time to relax on the beach.

aamechs2

1 review

Dive with Alison took very good care of both diver and snorkelers

Shawty1031

1 review

If there was a 10+ I would give it to Lupe and Juan,the two guides on this excursion. The cruise line should send their staff through those two for "happy customer service" training!

jackson2000

My husband, two friends and I took the Carnival Fury Catamaran/snorkel excursion when we were in Cozumel. The cost was $69 each. It was slow to get off the ship then get to the shore excursion on time. The Catamaran crew was friendly. We snorkeled at only one spot a short distance to the ship then took a 30 minute ride to a private beach. The nice beach area had water trampolines, kayaks, water slides, beach chairs and hammocks. On the beach they served beer, margaritas and soda (included in the excursion price). The margaritas tasted like lemonade. After about an hour at the beach we reboarded the Catamaran and headed back to the ship. The photographer (a Johnny Depp want a be) showed us a picture that he had taken of us. The picture was good and cost $20 but we decided against buying the picture. The photographer became irritated, grabbed the picture and threw it to the side. That made us very uncomfortable and put a damper on the trip. We enjoyed the excursion but next time we will do what we have done several times in the past. We will walk through the market at the pier to the highway, walk across the street and get a full two hour snorkel excursion for $30.

ickygolf

1 review

Spent another great day snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers. Walked to the marina, 15 minutes, or 5 minute cab ride. Tony, the guide, free dives to point out the sights. We say turtle, stingrays, giant black grouper, Morey eels, and many beautiful fish on our 2 site dive. They have cold drinks, beer, and snacks on board. It was us and 1 other couple on the excursion. Avoid the crowds on the cruise excursions and choose Eagle Ray Divers. They are terrific!

sonsan1

Fury Sailing Catamaran. Sail was for show. Zoomed along with twin diesels. Very nice ride, beautiful water, great Mexican crew, free beer (lite) and Margaritas (weak). Stopped at a reef just off shore and snorkeled. It was really nice. Good equipment. Vessel had a wide set of stairs that lowered into the water so you just walked down the stairs, eased into the water and started snorkeling. After about 30 minutes got everybody back on board and went to private beach. Now that was great. Had free toys, floats, chairs on the beach, hammocks under coconut trees and great smelling $11 hamburgers. On the way back did line dancing with the crew to 70' disco music. What a hoot. I recommend this one.Cozumel has really grown up for tourists. Book the "Fury Catamaran Snorkeling and Tiki Beach". It was excellent!

blessed70508

1 review

Snorkeling was AWESOME! We did this right from the Ocean Beach Club at very reasonable prices. They took 8 of us out on a glass bottom boat to snorkel 2 different reefs and were very helpful to first timers. One guide stayed in the boat and one snorkeled with us- taking pictures of us with our cameras which was great! I liked that they provided life jackets for those who wanted them but didn't force those of us who were good swimmers to wear them. They provided snorkel gear as well as beer.

mmn531

Not the most professional lot I have ever seen but hey, they took my family snorkeling, we had fun and we were all safe. Yes, I would go with this group again. Just look up snorkeling in Cruise critic and this group will be available for you.

snorkelbum

I was the only one signed up for the snorkel tour, billed as a "two hour tour of Palancar and Columbia reefs in a glass bottom boat with water and soda on board, and scheduled to run from 11 am-1 pm." They were trying to recruit more people along the beach to take the tour, but there were no bites because the water was a bit rough. I would have been satisfied with cancellation and refund of pre-payment, but the manager of the tour refused. Well, we left at 12:15, which did not please me because my husband was waiting for me for lunch on the beach at Nachi Cocum, but my only option was to lose my $32. The "glass bottom boat" was a rowboat with an outboard motor and two sections on the bottom cut out and replaced with about 1 foot square sections of glass or Lucite for viewing. That was fine since I was the only passenger! There were no beverages on board. I was in the water alone, which made me nervous, but the man who drove the boat was the only staff person there and had to man the boat. He did keep an eye on me and followed my drifting along the reef. He spoke very little English, so communication was an issue. Because the water was rough, he did not go to Palancar reef, but only to the fringe around it. We left the pier at 12:15 and I was back at 1:20. So much for the two hour snorkel. This excursion should have been cancelled, and I do feel ripped off with no recourse as it was a cash only transaction. If you want to snorkel Palancar, go with a larger company. I chose this because it was at the beach where we were scheduled for our beach break day at Nachi Cocum, but I would discourage anyone from doing this. If you have your own equipment, there's a little to see just south of Nachi Cocum beach, right off shore.

wootonius

1 review

We snorkeled with sea turtles. It was fun but I wish they had given us some bottled water at some point.

yaya4Kylie!!

1 review

The FURY crew were amazing - and though I did not snorkel, I feel I didn't miss out on a thing. Others in my group thought it was excellent.

kevrab

1 review

Snorkeling in Planacar Reef was amazing but the experience aboard a 16 foot boat with no bathrooms and little water was not.

cruiser61713

Spaniel Lover

I totally LOVED snorkelling with the gigantic sea turtles at Akumal on the mainland. The schools of fish here were very cool, too. Seeing sea turtles in their natural environment is so much nicer than seeing them in captivity like you do on Grand Cayman. The only reason I can't rate this excursion higher is that the snorkel mask provided here was total crap. My wife and I have snorkeled on cruises many times before... and never had problems with the equipment. But these masks were just bad compared to others we've used.

Brummie_Benno

Arrived at appointed time but kept waiting a hour in hot sun for other customers who were parasailing with same company.As virgin snorkellers, instructed well by expert crewmembers. Exceptional value. Waterproof camera is a MUST.

Drewboy96

1 review

Beautiful water but having spent a week in Cozumel diving, the reef was subpar. Worry free and fun with my 5yr old son which made it totally worth it. Taught him alot about using a snorkel and mask and set a great tone to the week.

ateate

1 review

UNBELIEVABLE - best time / money we spent on cruise. it was the "Double Snorkel Site" excursion, and everything about this was fantastic. The boat crew, the free drinks, and of course the snorkelling was amazing. They managed to find us a ray and a sea turtle to watch, and the coral was gorgeous and well up to the hype. Definitely would do this again in a heart-beat.

Southern Gal Georgia

1 review

This was a fantastic trip!! The two guides at Cozumel by Jeep & Snorkel should GIVE LESSONS on how to do this to the guides at Grand Cayman!! I got an awesome photo of hubby and I snorkelling with a lot of fish around us!!!

christadv

1 review

I did the Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel Combo and it was great. The tour guide was informative and helpful. First we did zip line, we were able to cross bridges and ropes that were elevated between tall structures, climb ladders and light houses in order to zip across or propel down walls. We then went snorkeling. The waters were crystal clear and I was able to spot various fish and sting rays. We then had the rest of the afternoon to enjoy the onsite beach or pool and a complementary drink.

etucker

1 review

In Cozumel, we booked a glass bottom snorkeling excursion with Island Marketing, Ltd. The excursion lasted about two hours and visited three reefs: two shallow and one deeper. We chose this excursion because it was significantly cheaper than the similar excursions available through Carnival, and we heard great things about the snorkeling in Cozumel. We got off to a rough start; the trip was supposed to leave at 10:30, but by 11, there was still no boat at the dock. When it did arrive, we boarded and were told we were going to pick up other people at a different dock. We ended up being the only English-speakers on the tour, but the guide did a great job making us feel comfortable and attended to despite the language barrier (he at least spoke English and translated for us). The snorkeling was ok, but not as much wildlife as I expected. We were always in an area with at least 2-3 other tours though, so I think everyone had the same experience. They also provided drinks (beer, soda, water) on the way back. I would do it again, but it wasn't as exciting as we'd hoped. After the tour, we walked around downtown and grabbed some lunch. The shop owners are very persistent in their efforts to sell you stuff, but we were able to make it through without too much irritation. We ate at Pancho's Backyard mostly because their website has a coupon for free margaritas. The food was good, but the location is definitely a tourist spot and not very 'authentic.'

cyclenut

This was part one of a two part excursion. We walked about 10 minutes from the pier to the place where we were to snorkel. It was land based and after some good instructions and an opportunity to try out the gear a little, we headed in the water to begin our guided snorkel adventure. We spent more than 30 minutes in the water viewing underwater artifacts and a whole lot of very colorful fish. They guide would take us to a location to show us something of interest under the water. Then we could all swim down for an up close look or watch from above. There was plenty to look at and we appreciated the extra information on what we were looking at and what was interesting about it. There was a photographer nearby that took several pictures. He had bait with him so the fish swarmed around him. I had my own waterproof camera and took some great pictures here. Nice stop.

sirpitster

1 review

Enjoyed Cozumel, but not the vendors. Before going back I would research how much things cost. We had no idea and the price was always different and you are expected to barter. We had fun though. Snorkeling at two reefs was great and the guides we had were excellent. We booked this excursion thru Carnival as our destination changed from Key West to Cozumel due to Tropical Storm Debby.

sienna96

1 review

Snorkeling area was too crowded. They should have found another snorkeling area where our group could have spread out more.

texowicz

1 review

We chose that catamaran/snorkel/beach party. Staff was helpful and polite. They pick you up right at the pier. The snorkeling was a blast! Water was crystal clear. Saw plenty of fish though the reef is still recovering from previous hurricane damage.I'm sure that snorkeling snobs would say that there was better elsewhere but we enjoyed it. Sailing to a private beach afterwards was a perfect ending to the whole thing.

NC MOM

1 review

I had signed us up for a kayak and snorkeling trip to Chankanaab Park. First they walk you through a store (this is the only way off the pier) and you meet up with your tour guide. Not a lot of fish to be seen but my boys enjoyed it and they liked to kayak. I'm not sure it was worth what I paid but the park was beautiful. However I will get on my grandstand to say that they have dolphins here to swim and interact with people and these dolphin are kept in very small compounds.

scottjfl

1 review

3 reef snorkel in the afternoon. We enjoyed immensely. Cozumel is a great place to snorkel. Saw an eagle ray!

Tikk89

1 review

The snorkeling itself wasn't so hot, but the beach that they took us to was fun.

JimmyVWine

1 review

We booked a "Two Reef Snorkeling Tour" with Cozumel Water Sports. It was mpstly positive, with one big negative that we were able to overcome and overlook. We had a pre-paid reservation for a 10:30 departure. We took a taxi from the ship to the appointed meeting place, and found the 10:30 boat. But when we arrived, it was already filled with people who did not have reservations, and who were headed out on a one our tour. So instead of getting us another boat, we were forced to hang out at a very dumpy beach club for over an hour for the boat to return for us. Our 10:30 tour did not start until 11:50. But once underway, everything was fine. We were taken out to Palancar reef and led around by a guide. We didn't really need a guide, but he was there for safety and to make sure that we stayed with the current which was very strong. In fact, the current was so strong that they did not allow us to go to the second reef, (Columbia). Instead, we got extra time at Palancar, which was fine. The guide, boat driver and reef were excellent. Our only issue was with the messed up reservation time, but it all worked out in the end.

Marivi90804

We took a catamaran out to the reefs from Cozumel. I'm not a very good swimmer but I've gone snorkeling before. However, this excursion was a bit more advanced than I wanted. It was right up Hubby's alley, since he's snorkeled extensively in the South Pacific. I've never jumped off a boat before. The crew was very patient with me. Realizing that I could quickly get in trouble, one of the crew members stayed by my side the whole time. I was very appreciative of his patience and vigilance.

Seakris68

1 review

Two reef snorkeling was actually two different stops along basically the same reef, but the beauty and variety of undersea life were amazing, and we didn't care. There was a strong current along this reef, which carried us all along rapidly enough that we were happy that our boat was following us so we didn't need to swim against the tide to return to the boat! Our guide was good, finding and pointing out interesting stuff like barracuda, rays and parrot fish. We were thankful for the bottle of drinking water offered as we climbed back onto the boat in between swims.

milliganmonks

1 review

Top notch guest service and tour. Wife arranged this excursion a few months previously to our cruise. Deanna answered any/all questions that we had. Short cab ride from Cruise terminal to Caleta Marina. We had a private boat and a Dive Master and Snorkel Instructor to take care of us. (2) dives and the tour provided lunch on the boat as well.

ReverendVW

the reef at punta was dead, and barely any fish or life to see.

gloryfun12

1 review

great way to cool off but could have stayed on the beach longer

Ernie B

Great experience for the 13-year-old son. Saw many fish, especially when you fed them cereal. He loved the power snorkeling apparatus and the tour guides let him have extra time since he was so amazed with it all.

bribook

Great. No issues though it was really not as "beginner" as we would have liked. Still, all good.

Theatre Lover Cruiser

Glasss bottom boat with 3 reefs...but stayed in the harbor. ehh

Houndduet

1 review

The "easy shore-side snorkeling" trip was great, but at first glance you will think you have made a huge mistake. The "beach" is all rocks, right off the road, but the site is a stone's throw from the ship, which is convenient. We had great guides and saw scores of fabulous fish, which made it very worthwhile. We enjoyed it very much. Then we took a cab to Playa Mia for an afternoon at the beach, which was perfect for the kids as there were lots of aquatic activities for them, all included in the admission fee $16. p/p.

heeleraddict

1 review

Snorkeling was not long enough and boyfriend had trouble getting mask to fit right. Guy fed the fish tortillas and they swarmed us, way cool! Cannons on the bottom to see also. Found guy doing massages to late to take advantage of it.

photographergirl

1 review

We did the Beach Buggy and Snorkeling excursion by Carnival to Punta Sur. We highly recommend this excursion. The buggies were CUTE!!! Think Speed Buggy. The road to Punta Sur was very VERY rough; keep this in mind if you have a bad back or weak stomach. And wear your sunscreen! Juan Carlos and Arrrrrturo (with 5 R's, you had to be there) were excellent guides. The lighthouse was interesting; the crocodile lagoon, a little dull. Best of all was the beach and snorkeling. The snorkeling itself was not great, but the instruction was, and as a first timer, I really appreciated it. It was quite a swim to get to the area, and the guide moved very fast. I am in poor shape and managed it, but it was a workout for me, and much faster than I would have enjoyed. The lunch was good, but scant. One flauta and one soft chicken taco, chips, and rice, plus soda. There were massages and hammocks available, but there wasn't really time to use them.

FreddyFunFunFun

1 review

The water was so beautiful and clear. There was no reef but so many fish. The guides used fish food so the fish would swim all around us and you reach out and touch them. We also saw stingrays, star fish and barracudas. They supplied the snorkel gear and gave you instructions so even if you have never snorkeled before you will be all set.

dawnvan

1 review

The snorkeling at Chankanaab park was not that great ... but it was a great place for beginners to walk into the water and snorkel from shore.

denbroncs

The snorkeling in Cozumel is very good, but with 6 ships in port at the same time, it was not a great experience as there were way too many people and boats in the water.

nofitpitchin

1 review

Playa Palancar Beach Club is what you think of when you think of a tropical paradise. It was beautiful and quaint. However, there is a warning...when you book a snorkel excursion thru them make sure you personally check in with them at least 40 min early. They decided to leave without us 30 min before our reservation! Yep. They had to call the boat back in and we rushed like crazy people to the crowded boat carrying our bags over our heads thru the water. They said "we had family not show yesterday so we think you no show"...ugh. They also said they were taking us to 2 reefs...not so. Only one and we had to swim like heck to fight the current from taking us away from the reef once we got there. Reef was ok. Good for first timers I guess. If you have a little one who likes the water, buy a little blow up inner tube. My boys bobbed around on them and we just pulled them along. There is no way they could have treaded water that long without the rafts. The crew was ok. They mentioned on the ad that there was 30 min free kayak time and we saw them laying in the sand but no one said anything about them. I'm sure if we weren't as rushed it would have been a better experience. The beach club itself made my nerves calmer...it is gorgeous! Bring cash. They don't take Credit cards... Pros-Epitome of tropical paradise w/ hammocks, peacocks, fish tacos and music, scenery...Breath taking. Cons-Snorkel Tour-just the basic. get in, get out...Fight current. Difficult w/ smaller ones. Not reliable staff. **hint-bring some divers fish food (had some from a previous snorkel trip...can order it online now??) and swim off their beach. Lots of fish will surround you. Perfect for smaller kids and those who want to dabble in snorkeling w/o spending a ton of money or fighting currents. **We bought wetsuits on ebay due to "cold water" reviews. It was a good purchase!

JaimesMom

Once off dock we bought snorkeling for our family of three (daughter was free) for $40 ea- 2.5 hour 3 location, snorkel. great visibility, nice guides, little boat, small group and drinks included.

arozylo1

1 review

This was a Fury snorkeling and Beach excursion. The crew was very good, the water was warm, the beverages were abundant, and the private beach was fun.

mytmauro

1 review

Islander Tours outsourced us to another provider which caused a significant delay of more than 2 hrs. The outsourced operator was good but he also delay by picking people all around Cozumel before we snorkeled. He was very good in the water and knowledgeable as well.

bigmoromom

Booking with Alberto's Beach Bar not the best, but Chala, our guide, was fabulous! Wonderful 3-reef snorkeling = Chala pointed out many features for us. He was the best!

DidaWisc

1 review

"Mystic Snorkeling Tour" (Roswitha Flury) We snorkeled at three spots, starting in shallower waters (6-8 ft) and progressing to 50-60 feet. Rosi's assistant, Cuchi, provided expert guidance for the novices among us (masks, snorkels, fins, and inflatable vests are provided). The water was crystal clear throughout, and one of the highlights was watching Cuchi free dive to the depths and swim underneath a coral formation. Another was watching scuba divers along the coral ridge, beyond which the water drops to 600 feet. An underwater camera is a must. You won't see waters this transparent down to these depths elsewhere. Cuchi was constantly calling our attention to another underwater wonder. Other positives: only eight people in our group, great attention to water safety, and great respect for sea life. The boat ride to the site took nearly half an hour, and I'd say we spent almost 3 hours snorkeling. My husband and I give top recommendations to this experience! Best value for the money ever. We hope to do it again someday. Thank you, Rosi and Cuchi!

iownafatcat

1 review

We took the 3 Reef Snorkel Trip on the Yellow Rose with divemaster David. This was the BEST of all 4 excursions we took. The dive boat was tied up close to the cruise ship, we were taken to 3 separate snorkel spots and had a great time. The only criticism I have is that there are so many other snorkel/dive boats as well as private boats out there, it gets a little crowded on the water. If we ever take this Western Caribbean cruise again, this in one excursion we will do again.

makgga

1 review

Snorkeling was super fun. We loved learning about the marine life and our guide was awesome. We even got to see a baby puffer fish, sooo cute!

tmcmom

1 review

Booked a Three Reef Snorkel trip through Eagle Ray Divers that included lunch. We did have to take our lunch "to go" in order to make it to our ship in time, but other than that the experience was wonderful. Our guides and captain were very helpful and accommodating. Several people on the boat had were nervous about jumping into the water, and the guides were very patient with them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Eagle Ray Divers to anyone who asks!

proud softball mom

Booked via cozumelwatersports.com. $45 for adults. $5 advanced deposit, pay the balance upon check-in. Includes access to facilities, snorkeling, food, drink, shady spots, sunny spots. Food, drink, service were all great and plentiful. Be sure to tip these hard working employees! The place was peaceful and very clean. We used the pools, beach, snorkeling, inflatables, bathrooms, beach service. It was great! Strange was the attendant in the bathroom who also wanted a tip. Also strange were these guys who came around with birds and a diapered iguana and wanted you to hold them while they took your picture. Ok, so I got one of my boy holding the birds.... All inclusive isn't really all-inclusive. It did include access to most of the facilities except the water toys for kids to climb on. This was an additional $12 fee. They didn't charge the parent to be out their with their kid if they didn't climb. Also, towels are $4 each to rent with a $10 deposit. Take one from the ship instead! The new lounge chairs on the beach were strung too tight and wouldn't lay flat. Get an old, worn in chair! We took taxi service to and from the cruise port. 6 of us costs $32 each way. Took about 15 minutes or so. No problem getting taxi service.

swimclubmom

1 review

Beach Buggy & Snorkel at Punta Sur. LOVED IT!

Simm

1 review

Too short and equipment was VERY old. Bring your own if you can.

lifesabeachum

Part was cancelled and the snorkeling part was done but it was COLD - due to weather.

marajade418

We went to the Playa Uvas resort in Cozumel. It was only a ten minute ride from the cruise terminal and even though our ship arrived early, they took us straight there and let us on the beach early. The mosquitoes were terrible and gigantic but cleared out as the morning went on. The beach day was inclusive of lunch and all you can drink, although the margaritas were weakened with sprite you can request another one how you like it...if they can understand you! There were very few people there that day so it was easy to get a good chair and snorkel equipment. We even left a little early to go to San Miguel and do some shopping. Don't miss Margaritaville...they don't advertise alot except for the little coupons they hand out for free (very small) margaritas. But it's by the ocean and has a roped off area with free snorkeling and lots of outside tables!

Nascar21n8

Was great a lot of fun. needs more then one cameraman. We could not get a picture because the man was on one side and my family went to the other. We purchased the on board picture but later found out there was under water photos and my family was not on the right side they were on the left side the camera man was only on the right side of the snorkeling area. Other then that this was perfect.