Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Cozumel Scuba - Certified Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Scuba - Certified cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Geared for certified scuba divers, this excursion allows you to view underwater gardens of coral and visit with schools of unique marine life while venturing off in Cozumel's waters.
Member Image canadanewsman
Mar 2015
Amazing diving in Cozumel with Dive House -- saw massive groupers and baracudda. Excellent ratio of divemasters to divers and good facilities on the boat.
Read canadanewsman's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image bilboinsa
Mar 2015
Second time w Aldora. They are the best in Cozumel! $10 cab to store. All gear was included. Good rental gear. Nice boat. Rachel was our DM. She is fantastic. Only two other divers and Rachel. Dove Santa Rosa then Cedral. Divers get to tell their wants. First rate op. SI at Mr. sanchos....wonderful guac and fish tacos. Great!!!
Read bilboinsa's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Aldora Divers
Member Image msidescooter
Mar 2015

Cozumel is a beautiful island but it has been developed for tourist. We booked a SCUBA dive through an independent tour operator and had an amazing time!

Read msidescooter's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Alfonso with Cozumel Excursions
Member Image ilikenola
Mar 2015

I booked this with the cruise line and requested a 100cuft tank. I go through my air quickly so a bigger tank is much better. We dove with Dive House. Not a bad outfit, great dive masters. As far as things to see this was the best we dove on. There was plenty of wildlife. Turtles, nurse shark, eels, groupers, lobsters....etc.

My wife took a separate excursion and I don't know enough about what she did to comment about it.

Read ilikenola's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Doublejd
Feb 2015

This was my second time using the dive excursion from the ship. First time was a very bad experience, and so I used a private company last time. This trip I used the ship's excursion (Sand Dollar) because of concerns being late back to the ship. The company was great this time, knowledgeable dive masters, on time. Overall a nice dive.

Read Doublejd's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image jack7298
Feb 2015

I had specifically chosen Tortuga Carey as I wanted to dive and my mom wanted to snorkel. They had availability for us to do both on the same trip. First of all, the service was awesome. They were so accommodating to the both of us as well as the other divers on the boat. Second of all, the dive sites were amazing! Wilberth ensured all of us saw all of the highlights and marine life on the reef. It was the best excursion we had throughout out whole week. Hats off to Wilberth and his first class crew and shop!

Read jack7298's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image geogal
Dec 2014

Decided not to book a scuba trip in advance, and to wait to see how the weather was. Even though the weather was threatening rain, decided last minute to book a 2-tank dive. The diving was fantastic, like swimming in a giant aquarium. The wife opted to taxi to the Money Bar at Dzul Ha beach, which had excellent snorkeling directly across from where the excursions go. Again, for the price of lunch and a $10 taxi ride, this was a relaxing beach day with no pressure. Would highly recommend this beach for private excursions. Snorkel gear, showers, and lockers are all available on site.

Read geogal's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Scuba Gamma
Member Image rebeez
Dec 2014

So much fun! I hadn't been scuba diving in many years, so this was a great opportunity to see if I was still comfortable being underwater. Although I am scuba certified, the two others who went along had never done scuba before, but they were quickly and easily in the water and enjoying.

Read rebeez's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image euro_101
Dec 2014

Good tour. Just reiterate what time you need to be back. Luckily I was able to get dropped at the cruise port for 6USD. Did 2 dives - about 30min out from the port. Good diving - nice formations and swim throughs.

Read euro_101's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Costco Shore Excursions
Member Image CABandSLB
Nov 2014

Easy on and off at the pier. Diving was good but did not allow for any time to explore the port area afterward. Could have provided food (at least a snack, i.e. fruit, granola bars, cheese, etc.) between dives along with water to drink.

Read CABandSLB's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Promises
Sep 2014

Dive Paradise treat us great. Our dive master, Amelio, was the best, he picked a great site and took care of our newer divers.

Read Promises's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Dive Paradise
Member Image Orlandofinfans
Jul 2014

Great dive. A little scary as you are in a busy area with lots of boats overhead and you drift with the current.

Read Orlandofinfans's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Caseyfink
Jun 2014

We booked a combo dive/snorkel trip through grand cayman cruise excursions and were connected with papa hogs dive shop in Cozumel. They took us out for half a day and it was wonderful! We came back and had lunch at the cafe next door and had the best chicken burrito!

Read Caseyfink's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Papa hogs
Member Image fungramma
Apr 2014

What can I say about diving in Cozumel..If you have never done it you must add it to your list. We did not take our own gear so we arranged for gear as a part of the package. We are accustomed to integrated BCs and computers, that is not what was available. But any dive in Cozumel is a good dive.

Read fungramma's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image ksuebk
Jan 2014

We did a 2 tank boat dive with Eagle Ray. They were fantastic. Great personal service. Leo, Tony and Jaime were the best.

Read ksuebk's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: Eagle Ray
Member Image redjellybean
Jan 2014

woo hoo Coz Scuba AWESOME!

Read redjellybean's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Joby55
Nov 2013

Average, reef was well used

Read Joby55's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image grfg8r
Nov 2013

Santa Rosa Wall is a must!

Read grfg8r's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Frugalman
Apr 2013
The scuba diving in Cozumel is breathtaking. The cost is very reasonable for two tanks of air and diving in the area of two different, beautiful reefs.
Read Frugalman's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image cardbucfan
Mar 2013
Rainy, cold conditions on an open dive boat. Everything got soaked and the dive operator only had shortie wetsuits to rent so we froze. But, the diving was great and the dive masters did a great job. Getting back on the dive boat was a challenge in really rough conditions but they were wonderful.
Read cardbucfan's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image LiseD
Dec 2012
Did a 2 tank dive with Sea Robin. Eduardo was a wonderful dive master and the diving was amazing. I want to go back to Cozumel to dive again.
Read LiseD's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image MPSimecek
Nov 2012
Overall, beautiful diving. Guide was pretty good, not the best I've had.
Read MPSimecek's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image khidhala
Jul 2012
Decent equipment and experienced divemasters. Not a lot of information or guidance, but then not a lot expected or needed. Satisfied fully.
Read khidhala's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image KansasK
Jul 2012

The first dive at Cozumel was a drift dive. The second was a dive in shallower water. Both were good dives.

Read KansasK's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image conchyjoe1
Jun 2012
Diving is not what it used to be in Cozumel. Operation was OK, reefs were not good.
Read conchyjoe1's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image okgladmom
May 2012
This was my son's first ocean dive since becoming certified. He had a great time. He saw "every fish I've ever seen in an aquarium". The equipment was good and the dive masters were knowledgeable and helpful. A very good experience.
Read okgladmom's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image milliganmonks
Apr 2012
Top notch guest service and tour. Wife arranged this excursion a few months previously to our cruise. Deanna answered any/all questions that we had. Short cab ride from Cruise terminal to Caleta Marina. We had a private boat and a Dive Master and Snorkel Instructor to take care of us. (2) dives and the tour provided lunch on the boat as well.
Read milliganmonks's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Two D's Diving and Tour Adventures
Member Image clover3
Apr 2012
Cozumel-Port. This was also an excellent place for excursions. The port is clean and plenty of nice places to shop before our excursion. My husband also dove at this port. Unfortunately after we got on board Carnival Dream the first day, we were given a notice that his dive in Cozumel was cancelled with no explanation. There were also 18 other people who booked this dive. We were disappointed that they didn't try to help us to make another arrangement or give us notice so we could do so before boarding. We frantically rushed to call our son and have him book another dive in Cozumel thru a private organization. He booked us thru Papa Hogs. There are several dive shops in the area, and a taxi for $4 can take you to their shop. This was also an excellent dive and we had told a few Carnival Dream divers from Grand Cayman about this privately booked dive, so they also came along. I was able to sit on a very small beach and wait. There was a nearby bar where I got a soda and some chips. It was nice to just sit, get wet if I wanted and just have a great view.
Read clover3's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Papa Hogs
Member Image JoAnn Wolter
Feb 2012

Very personal, great communication, small dive operation - professional, knowledgable, patient, dive master. Highly recommend.

Read JoAnn Wolter's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Provider: 2 D's Dive Shop
Member Image mk960072
Feb 2012
Operator was fabulous in taking us to dive site quickly, offered personalized attention, ensured all were safe and understood instructions, offered local lunch suggestions, and had snacks available. I dove with them in September and made sure I booked with them again. The lady who owns the dive shop, Joyce always responds to email quickly when making reservations and was on site to greet us. She followed our visit with an email, cant wait to go diving with her folks again!
Read mk960072's full Carnival Dream cruise review