Cozumel Scuba - Certified Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Scuba - Certified cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Geared for certified scuba divers, this excursion allows you to view underwater gardens of coral and visit with schools of unique marine life while venturing off in Cozumel's waters.
Member Image suzismini
Mar 2017
Phenomenal! Drift diving is so relaxing. Fresh fruit and bottled water for us. Great dive masters. Took care of us, told us about what we would see. Looking back, I would probably dive with a cheaper outfit though. The location is really the star.
Read suzismini's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Carlymegsmom
Jan 2017
The vendor for this dive trip was Sand Dollar. Good reviews on trip advisor, and they provided 100 cf tanks for my hubby (I contacted them ahead of time). For our cruise, this tour met on the pier at 12:15. Good news is the small dive shop is located on the International Pier, so you simply follow the Sand Dollar rep over to the shop, about a 1-2 minute walk. We obtained our equipment, and they split our group of 25 or so into two groups. Our boat had 13 divers, and two dive masters, 1 captain and a helper. This was the best visibility of our three ports, and the diving was great! Drift diving for both dives. It was like diving in an aquarium on the 1st reef, the 2nd site was a combo of sand/sea grass and reef. Very pleased with this excursion. Offered bottled water and cut up fresh fruit between dives.
Read Carlymegsmom's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cruiser2615
Jan 2017
Two typical Cozumel drift dives. Very good gear, attention to safety and site selection. Would have preferred a head onboard.
Read cruiser2615's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Sorespot
Dec 2016
Friendly staff and amazing reef. Had requested nitrox but their machine was broken and unavailable for this dive trip. Reef here reminded me of Hawai. It's a poor island so everything may not be up to your standards, but the sights were amazing
Read Sorespot's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image singlefemalecruiser
Dec 2016
Love this dive trip saw a lot and the outfit that ran the dive trip was great.
Read singlefemalecruiser's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mcriss50
Nov 2016
Having been to Cozumel many times on dive vacation, this was my favorite place to do. The Princess tour was not as good as the ones I usually do privately when there but it was very enjoyable. They did take us to one of the locations I especially like so I was happy.
Read mcriss50's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image cruise and have fun
Oct 2016
good perfect dive master Alfonso, no stress, have seen sharks, turtles, lobster, Octopus best dive in Caribbean
Read cruise and have fun's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image judagar
Oct 2016
One of the best dives I've ever done. (i have over 500+) Sand Dollar dive operation was fantastic
Read judagar's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image mlanders
Jul 2016
Dives were great, Papa Hogs always is top notch.
Read mlanders's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Papa hogs scuba
Member Image larel
Jul 2016
Scuba was booked privately with Scuba with Alison which was 5 stars fantastic, highly recommend!!
Read larel's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Scuba with Alison
Member Image Maartje
Jul 2016
We booked a two tank dive with H2o, as MSC does not offer scuba diving excursions. Had the best day with two great dives with sharks,turtles, murenes and lovely corals.
Read Maartje's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: HTWOO scuba diving
Member Image montylee
Jun 2016
Cruise ship excursion company was a joke. Went with an independent and got a great scuba dive.
Read montylee's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Bettypie
Awesome..
Read Bettypie's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image Carinel0606
Jun 2016
Beautiful dive. See review.
Read Carinel0606's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image kymann1
May 2016
We were picked up at the end of the pier. Nice current dive...saw a shark!
Read kymann1's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image jalapeno32
May 2016
I couldn't find my scuba PADI card, so I almost didn't get to dive. I explained I did scuba two days prior, and they reluctantly let me do it. I tipped good. my card was in my room safe and flush against an inside wall out of view/sight haha !
Read jalapeno32's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Sand Dollar
Member Image ScubaPat
May 2016
Our favorite overall cruise port is Cozumel. Love the beaches and the diving. I did a dive excursion and as before, excellent!! My wife went to the beach.
Read ScubaPat's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image nexttimeclub
Apr 2016
with SandDollar sports 2 tank dive Yucab & Paradise reefs
Read nexttimeclub's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image zaherej
Apr 2016
Could not have been a better experience. The three of us had the boat to ourselves. The guys were very knowledgeable and took very good care of my kids who only have 1/2 dozen open water dives under their belts.
Read zaherej's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Sea Robin
Member Image Barefoot&Brit
Mar 2016
When the currents are slack, what do you do? Apparently our divemaster thought finning hard to see the entire reef was a good option. We were diving with Sand Dollar, and I would not recommend anyone else do the same. The guy we thought was the deck hand (but not dressed to do any in-water rescues) was probably the boat owner, because he was more concerned with my two-band BC damaging his plastic retaining clip that with my gear falling over. I think he came along to make sure the DM didn’t mess up his boat. As soon as we set our gear down, the deckhand (or assistant captain or whatever he was), M unzipped my husband’s dive bag and started to grab his gear to set it up, and seemed annoyed when asked to stop. They kept wanting to set up my gear too. The DM’s housekeeping was not good—he was apportioning out weights, dropping a pile of weight belts on the floor as he gave each person weights. My niece asked for 4 pounds and he gave her 6 and seemed reluctant to change it. I was trying to step toward my gear and the DM wandered into my path without noticing me and crowded me so I stepped back. An unsecured tank had rolled out from under a bench into the spot where I had just been standing and I schwacked my ankle on the valve – have a nice souvenir bruise and pain from that. Why was there an unsecured tank there anyway? The dive briefing was conducted over the roar of the engine as we headed out, with the DM screaming to be heard but not succeeding. At least we got a gist of the bottom time and depth limits for the dive. The dive platform was quite small with a narrow place to stand and nothing to hold onto as you stepped onto it. As I started my giant stride, my fin caught on the line causing me to twist. I slammed my shin into something hard and face planted into the water. Fortunately I was OK because I don’t think the DM was paying attention. On descent, my niece--who had rejected the extra weight--was hovering in the water near her husband who was struggling and motioning for an extra weight, which the DM stuck in his BC. Then the DM offered extra weight her – she shook her head and waved him off, but he shoved an extra weight in her pocket anyway. She hadn’t needed the weight but was simply staying close to her buddy; she was then overweighted and struggled a bit during the dive to compensate. That seemed to be about the last time the DM paid attention to the divers as he took off and kept a steady, fast pace, usually about 20 feet from the top of the reef—or to the side. I’d call it a drive-by dive. We never stopped finning! After the first dive, the DM insisted on changing my tank and set up my BC incorrectly. He said he would put it right later but for now, he said, M was afraid he would “break the boat” getting the two-band BC into the clip. However, my husband had already shown him how to make it work by putting a weight under the tank to raise it up. Of course, the DM was starting to kit up for the second dive and I had to remind him to reconfigure my gear (I couldn’t get past him to do it myself anyway). The second dive was similar to the first, with little to no current. In fact, another group passed us going the opposite direction. My buddy and I saw eels, stonefish, and other things we wanted to show the other divers but everyone was finning too hard to keep up with the DM. Finally, toward the end, our companions said screw this and turned around to see an eel and stonefish. Near the end of the dive, the DM found us a splendid toadfish, which was probably the only time he paid any attention to the divers. Back on the boat, the DM walked past me, trailing signal sausage and hoses which ended up in my lap. That’s the kind of thing I expect from new divers. One of the divers chatted with the DM who said he had once worked for another shop but implied there were too many rules there. Shocker, that. At least he was a pleasant chap.
Read Barefoot&Brit's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image cowboycruiser
Mar 2016
The seas were rough and they talked about canceling. They ended up giving us the option to do some shallower diving or a refund. We all decided to dive, and had a great time and saw a lot of nice fish. I don't know what we missed, but it was very nice. It was pretty close to the cruise ships where we dove, and the diver operator is right at the end of the cruise pier. You might save some cash booking directly from them.
Read cowboycruiser's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image claytron9
Nov 2015
I give RC a "2" but the locals a "4". The day was super choppy. I explain much of my heartache with RC above, but the scuba itself was pretty dang good. My low ratings for RC have to do with needless information, excessive waiting in lines (more than 1 hour to show my PADI card and write the information, another hour standing around waiting for the excursion to start -- e.g. just to walk 50 feet to the dive shop, and excessive information that I had to fill out over and over -- e.g. my name, my PADI ##, my address -- I'm OK with providing information. I just don't get why RC needed my PADI info when the locals seemingly were the only ones who needed it. Also, you can just stand to the side, follow the RC group to the dive shop which is literally 50 feet away, and just sign up in person there -- and save $60/person).
Read claytron9's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pedro151
Nov 2015
well run dive center we were 9 divers from the ship and the dives were excellent. They were drift dives with superior visibility and sea life. Nurse sharks, turtles, Morays etc.
Read Pedro151's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image dmdiver
May 2015
Sand Dollar Sports took us out - saw lots of fish, 2 spiny lobsters and a huge eagle ray - lots of colorful coral & plant life. Only thing that would have been better would be if they would have provided a snack between dives. We took a box of cereal. They provided plenty of bottled water.
Read dmdiver's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image klemeci
Apr 2015
Booked through RCCL who contract with Sand Dollar Sports. The listed restrictions included only having a C card. As we were signing in, they wanted medical records / clearances for any heart related medications - if you didn't have that they would not let you dive. This was due to a Canadian woman having a heart attack in March while diving. There's keeping passengers safe, and there's going overboard. If the contractor required that type of medical documentation prior to the dive, it should have been listed as a requirement. We've never had to bring our clearance paperwork with us, it's always been something we've been personally accountable for and sign waivers for.
Read klemeci's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review