Cozumel Scuba - Certified Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Scuba - Certified cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Geared for certified scuba divers, this excursion allows you to view underwater gardens of coral and visit with schools of unique marine life while venturing off in Cozumel's waters.
Member Image mlanders
Jul 2016
Dives were great, Papa Hogs always is top notch.
Read mlanders's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Papa hogs scuba
Member Image larel
Jul 2016
Scuba was booked privately with Scuba with Alison which was 5 stars fantastic, highly recommend!!
Read larel's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Scuba with Alison
Member Image Maartje
Jul 2016
We booked a two tank dive with H2o, as MSC does not offer scuba diving excursions. Had the best day with two great dives with sharks,turtles, murenes and lovely corals.
Read Maartje's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: HTWOO scuba diving
Member Image montylee
Jun 2016
Cruise ship excursion company was a joke. Went with an independent and got a great scuba dive.
Read montylee's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Bettypie
Awesome..
Read Bettypie's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image Carinel0606
Jun 2016
Beautiful dive. See review.
Read Carinel0606's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image kymann1
May 2016
We were picked up at the end of the pier. Nice current dive...saw a shark!
Read kymann1's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image jalapeno32
May 2016
I couldn't find my scuba PADI card, so I almost didn't get to dive. I explained I did scuba two days prior, and they reluctantly let me do it. I tipped good. my card was in my room safe and flush against an inside wall out of view/sight haha !
Read jalapeno32's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Sand Dollar
Member Image ScubaPat
May 2016
Our favorite overall cruise port is Cozumel. Love the beaches and the diving. I did a dive excursion and as before, excellent!! My wife went to the beach.
Read ScubaPat's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image nexttimeclub
Apr 2016
with SandDollar sports 2 tank dive Yucab & Paradise reefs
Read nexttimeclub's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image zaherej
Apr 2016
Could not have been a better experience. The three of us had the boat to ourselves. The guys were very knowledgeable and took very good care of my kids who only have 1/2 dozen open water dives under their belts.
Read zaherej's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Sea Robin
Member Image cowboycruiser
Mar 2016
The seas were rough and they talked about canceling. They ended up giving us the option to do some shallower diving or a refund. We all decided to dive, and had a great time and saw a lot of nice fish. I don't know what we missed, but it was very nice. It was pretty close to the cruise ships where we dove, and the diver operator is right at the end of the cruise pier. You might save some cash booking directly from them.
Read cowboycruiser's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image claytron9
Nov 2015
I give RC a "2" but the locals a "4". The day was super choppy. I explain much of my heartache with RC above, but the scuba itself was pretty dang good. My low ratings for RC have to do with needless information, excessive waiting in lines (more than 1 hour to show my PADI card and write the information, another hour standing around waiting for the excursion to start -- e.g. just to walk 50 feet to the dive shop, and excessive information that I had to fill out over and over -- e.g. my name, my PADI ##, my address -- I'm OK with providing information. I just don't get why RC needed my PADI info when the locals seemingly were the only ones who needed it. Also, you can just stand to the side, follow the RC group to the dive shop which is literally 50 feet away, and just sign up in person there -- and save $60/person).
Read claytron9's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pedro151
Nov 2015
well run dive center we were 9 divers from the ship and the dives were excellent. They were drift dives with superior visibility and sea life. Nurse sharks, turtles, Morays etc.
Read Pedro151's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image dmdiver
May 2015
Sand Dollar Sports took us out - saw lots of fish, 2 spiny lobsters and a huge eagle ray - lots of colorful coral & plant life. Only thing that would have been better would be if they would have provided a snack between dives. We took a box of cereal. They provided plenty of bottled water.
Read dmdiver's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image klemeci
Apr 2015
Booked through RCCL who contract with Sand Dollar Sports. The listed restrictions included only having a C card. As we were signing in, they wanted medical records / clearances for any heart related medications - if you didn't have that they would not let you dive. This was due to a Canadian woman having a heart attack in March while diving. There's keeping passengers safe, and there's going overboard. If the contractor required that type of medical documentation prior to the dive, it should have been listed as a requirement. We've never had to bring our clearance paperwork with us, it's always been something we've been personally accountable for and sign waivers for.
Read klemeci's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image canadanewsman
Mar 2015
Amazing diving in Cozumel with Dive House -- saw massive groupers and baracudda. Excellent ratio of divemasters to divers and good facilities on the boat.
Read canadanewsman's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image bilboinsa
Mar 2015
Second time w Aldora. They are the best in Cozumel! $10 cab to store. All gear was included. Good rental gear. Nice boat. Rachel was our DM. She is fantastic. Only two other divers and Rachel. Dove Santa Rosa then Cedral. Divers get to tell their wants. First rate op. SI at Mr. sanchos....wonderful guac and fish tacos. Great!!!
Read bilboinsa's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Aldora Divers
Member Image msidescooter
Mar 2015

Cozumel is a beautiful island but it has been developed for tourist. We booked a SCUBA dive through an independent tour operator and had an amazing time!

Read msidescooter's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Alfonso with Cozumel Excursions
Member Image ilikenola
Mar 2015

I booked this with the cruise line and requested a 100cuft tank. I go through my air quickly so a bigger tank is much better. We dove with Dive House. Not a bad outfit, great dive masters. As far as things to see this was the best we dove on. There was plenty of wildlife. Turtles, nurse shark, eels, groupers, lobsters....etc.

My wife took a separate excursion and I don't know enough about what she did to comment about it.

Read ilikenola's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Doublejd
Not Rated
Feb 2015

This was my second time using the dive excursion from the ship. First time was a very bad experience, and so I used a private company last time. This trip I used the ship's excursion (Sand Dollar) because of concerns being late back to the ship. The company was great this time, knowledgeable dive masters, on time. Overall a nice dive.

Read Doublejd's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image jack7298
Feb 2015

I had specifically chosen Tortuga Carey as I wanted to dive and my mom wanted to snorkel. They had availability for us to do both on the same trip. First of all, the service was awesome. They were so accommodating to the both of us as well as the other divers on the boat. Second of all, the dive sites were amazing! Wilberth ensured all of us saw all of the highlights and marine life on the reef. It was the best excursion we had throughout out whole week. Hats off to Wilberth and his first class crew and shop!

Read jack7298's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Cruising Cindy Lou
Jan 2015
Had a great time, but first time diving in January. Water temp was 76..very cold should have rented a wet suit. Lesson learned.
Read Cruising Cindy Lou's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image geogal
Dec 2014

Decided not to book a scuba trip in advance, and to wait to see how the weather was. Even though the weather was threatening rain, decided last minute to book a 2-tank dive. The diving was fantastic, like swimming in a giant aquarium. The wife opted to taxi to the Money Bar at Dzul Ha beach, which had excellent snorkeling directly across from where the excursions go. Again, for the price of lunch and a $10 taxi ride, this was a relaxing beach day with no pressure. Would highly recommend this beach for private excursions. Snorkel gear, showers, and lockers are all available on site.

Read geogal's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Scuba Gamma
Member Image rebeez
Not Rated
Dec 2014

So much fun! I hadn't been scuba diving in many years, so this was a great opportunity to see if I was still comfortable being underwater. Although I am scuba certified, the two others who went along had never done scuba before, but they were quickly and easily in the water and enjoying.

Read rebeez's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review