Cozumel Scuba - Beginner Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Scuba - Beginner

Beginner scuba divers can view underwater gardens of coral and visit with schools of unique marine life during their first lesson in Cozumel.

KansasEMT

1 review

We LOVED this! There were five in our group - two couples and a single guy. The instruction didn't take too long, just a quickie safety demo of maybe 10 minutes. We "dove" right from the beach and our dive master gave each of us a quick safety test in shallow water before diving. One of the people in our group didn't want to SCUBA after the shallow water, so she was allowed to float on the surface along with us (she basically snorkeled while we SCUBA'ed). All four of us who did the activity came up all smiles at the end. The area had showers, lockers, an outdoor bar & grill and a cantina cabana. The food was amazing - fresh mahi-mahi for me and a big ole beefy, beanie burrito for him. We were offered massages at pretty reasonable prices, but turned that down since DH isn't really a massage person. We all were given credit for the dive towards PADI certification if we wanted to do that. We were allowed to take our sweet time at the "club" and cab fare was provided to take us back to the pier at our leisure. Our dive master, Enrique, did a fantastic job making sure we were all safe and had a good time. He seemed to enjoy our post-excursion enthusiasm. If you're interested in SCUBA, but not certified, go do this.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

bookworm54

1 review

Sons had a fabulous experience with the beginner scuba excursion. Neither had any prior experience and now want to become certified.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

melanierose327

1 review

Cozumel - The port area in Cozumel is very nice with lots of shops. Be aware that the prices will be lower if you cross the street for souvenir type things. Also, be sure to bargain because they will lower their prices. The food is great. We went on the Beginner's Scuba Excursion. We waited quite a while to get all of the people gathered and then for taxis. This excursion does not use their own bus. They put you in taxis that are included in the price. You sit in a short class about the basics of scuba and then you dive for about 25 minutes from the shore. The dive was great. It was a fake reef I guess you'd say but there were lots of beautiful fish. When you're finished you can stay as long as you like and snorkel. When you're finished they will pay for a taxi to take you back. We had some food there and it was delicious. Also, they have lockers for your bags that are $2.00 to use.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

SusieQ4U

This particular excursion was priced the same on ship as through third party vendors (per my research, anyway) and included transportation. I give it 5 stars even though I kind of hated scuba diving! It's just not for me. However, the excursion was handled fantastically. The insructors were thorough, patient, and did their best to make me comfortable (like I said, it just wasn't for me). They didn't let my discomfort ruin the excursion for the others in my group, either. It's a nice introduction to scuba and is managed very well by friendly people.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

heathawho

1 review

Great staff and equipment.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line