London (Tilbury) City Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > London (Tilbury) Shore Excursions > City Tour

Take a guided tour of London and catch all of the major and historically significant sites.

Rosethorn40

We were one of the first off because we had purchased airport transfers through the ship that included a city tour of London. This was actually a pleasant surprise as I had no idea we would be able to see as much as we did in so short of a time. We had a brief stop at a vantage point to take photos of Tower Bridge and The Tower of London, then we drove over Tower Bridge and got closer to The Tower. We saw part of the original wall from Roman times, The Eye, Big Ben, St. Paul’s, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, etc. We had about an hour of free time at Covent Garden, and even a brief stop at Buckingham Palace just in time to see the changing of the guard, and we were still at the airport at 1:00 on the dot-British efficiency at its finest.

Provider: Princess Cruises

ronbetty2001

1 review

Our ship docked off Greenwich, just six miles from downtown London. We tendered in to the Greenwich pier where the Thames River boats dock. Good location right by the Cutty Sark and a train station about 200 yards away. This was out least favorite tour. Although our guide Brain Cookson was wonderful, informative, knowledgeable and engaging. I messed this one up as I wanted to see too much and the city of London is to spread out. We saw everything, except we could only run by the sites. We had no time to linger and get any in depth knowledge or see the inside of any site. Looking back I would cut back and stick to the major sites like the Tower of London, Parliament, Westminster Abby and Buckingham Palace. I can say we saw everything, bridges, churches, the Abby Road studios, Buckingham, Big Ben etc. But had no real feel for any of the sites as we had to keep moving. On our second day in London we had as our guide Chris of Chris's Black Cab Tours. A very good guide. Today was the tour my wife wanted. We went to Stonehenge. This was our longest tour as Stonehenge is about 2 hours outside of London. It took us about an hour and a half just to get out of the city proper, boy, I thought we had traffic in LA, but this was crazy with the road closures etc. getting ready for the Olympics. We did a nice tour of Stonehenge which is still just a pile of Rocks in my opinion, glad to check it off the bucket list. The best part was our tour of Windsor Castle, saw the changing of the guard, which we missed at Buckingham. Great site the Castle, spent about an hour and a half and saw the majors. Could have spent all day there without a problem. Can't wait to go back some day and spend more time at both London and Windsor. We saw different sites on the ride back to London and Chris made the long trip back to the ship as interesting as possible. He even let the girls go to Herrods to look around. The tour started at 8:00am and he dropped us off at the ship at about 7:00pm. A very long day.

Provider: Independent Operator