Lisbon City Tour Excursion Reviews

Lisbon City Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Discover Lisbon's must-see museums, castles, cathedrals, charming sidewalk cafes, thumping discos and enchantingly original boutiques.
Member Image ceriade
Oct 2015
Lisbon by land and sea with hippotours. excellent tour with very helpful, informative and knowledgeable tour guide (i think guides name was david). Seen a lot of Lisbon sights on a bus that converts into a boat which was fun Would recommend
Read ceriade's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image carolinacruiser72
Oct 2015
The walking tour of the city is really informative. We hit all of the highlights and then had a pastry from the Belem district's most famous pastry shop. Delicious! Very informative and enjoyable tour.
Read carolinacruiser72's full MSC Orchestra cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Thoie
Oct 2015
Took a tuk tuk tour which brought us places I couldn't have walked to. Tour guide was excellent, funny and informative which excellent English.
Read Thoie's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Provider: ecotuktours.com
Member Image likestravel
Oct 2015
Wow great. Such history, great guide. Had enough time to view , visit each stop.had lunch on our own ordered gazpacho which was on the menu but needed to use my long lost Spanish to order the bread to go with it. fun.
Read likestravel's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image hpnguyen
Oct 2015
The Jeronimos Monastery was very huge and crowded. It was very hard to follow the guide
Read hpnguyen's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Richie999
Sep 2015
Caught the Red tour bus as the preferred Yellow bus was late. Traffic was horrendous in the city so took much longer to get around. Some of the headphones or sockets were not working properly and sometimes difficult to understand what was being said.
Read Richie999's full Azura cruise review
Member Image BlBrTravel
Aug 2015
Very thorough and enjoyable. I particularly liked the optional outing to the National Tile Museum
Read BlBrTravel's full Viking Torgil cruise review
Provider: Viking River Cruises
Member Image vcr_traveler515
Aug 2015
It was a panoramic tour with a stop at the Belem Tower.
Read vcr_traveler515's full Viking Star cruise review
Provider: Viking Ocean Cruises
Member Image ryanc78
Jul 2015
We liked Lisbon. The Hop On/Off was the smart choice but we'd recommend GrayLine over CitySights.
Read ryanc78's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Hop On/Off
Member Image shrink13
Jul 2015
Our best tour--great guide, fun experience eating at a food truck owned by the guide's friend (he treated us), wonderful pastries as a gift at the end of the tour. I had been in Lisbon 35 years ago and want to go back and spend a week or more there.
Read shrink13's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Provider: We hate tourism tours
Member Image Jerry of San Francisco
Jul 2015
The tours were well conducted with informed staff.
Read Jerry of San Francisco's full Queen Isabel cruise review
Provider: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
Member Image Grumpy64
Jun 2015
Visited several sites along the river and did walking tour though the old town. Guides were very knowledgeable and personal intercoms worked very well.
Read Grumpy64's full Viking Hemming cruise review
Provider: Viking River Cruises
Member Image Zabba5
Jun 2015
Very interesting walking tour of old Lisbon, need to be able to cope with cobblestones and sloping streets. Wine-tasting stop with no obligation to buy. Then very enjoyable scenic coach tour of area.
Read Zabba5's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Gulfrace
Apr 2015
too much riding in a bus.
Read Gulfrace's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image ke2nny
Apr 2015
Tour was not worth what I paid for it. We were on the bus most of the time and I really didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed taking the shuttle to the center of town for $8 much more than I did the Excursion.
Read ke2nny's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image ke2nny
Apr 2015
The excursion was not worth the money I paid for it. I took the shuttle to the center of town for $8 and enjoyed it better then the excursion. It mostly consisted of riding on a bus with a few stops, but no shopping
Read ke2nny's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image bamfam4
Jul 2014

Got the hop on hop off bus for 15euros ... Well worth the money a lot cheaper than with cruise ... Lovely city !

Read bamfam4's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Open top tour bus
Member Image dothon21
Sep 2013

lovely tour seeing all the monuments which I couldnt take photos of so I hope my son did when he went on the hop and off buses

Read dothon21's full Ventura cruise review
Member Image Pig Launcher
Jul 2013

Bored stiff.

Read Pig Launcher's full Ventura cruise review
Member Image critics0001
Apr 2013
Driver and guide did an excellent job.
Read critics0001's full Seabourn Sojourn cruise review
Provider: Seabourn Cruise Line
Member Image lexmiller
Apr 2013
We had one day to experience as much as possible of Lisbon on our Celebrity Cruises day in port, so after much research, I contacted Filipe of Different Portugal Tours, and we are so glad that we did! From our first warm email exchange which made me feel like I had always known him, as if we were old friends, I knew that we were going to experience a fabulous day. Filipe picked us up at the port and our adventure began. There were four of us in my family doing this private tour, our adult daughter having physical challenges. I had told Filipe about this of course in advance, and he told us that we could easily bring her walker and wheelchair with us in the tour van, and he even planned out in advance which walking aid would probably be best for her at each stop. He always got us very near the entrances, and was very helpful in general supporting her needs. Throughout the day as we toured, Filipe kept up a running commentary about cultural and historical facts, as well as interesting friendly conversation. Not only did we visit national highlights but we also went to several cafes sampling local delights. One of our first stops was in Sintra at Cafe a Piriquita where we fell in love with the local pastry called travesseiros - a MUST if you visit, but most surely, Filipe will take you there! Warm "big pillows" of creamy, flaky deliciousness! We also went to a local cheese/wine shop where the shop keeper gave us several samples of cheeses, chorizo, port and liqueurs. We went to the Pena Palace in Sintra, spending nearly two hours there - so beautiful, remarkable, memorable. We also went to Roca Cape, the western most part of continental Europe - scenic, and on this day, extremely windy! There wasn't much time for lunch, with so much to see and so little time, so Filipe stopped at a food truck and got us chorizo calzones, though I don't think they were called calzones - delectable! Food trucks here in the USA are very popular, the new gourmet venues, but I have had nothing like this. The bread is baked fresh daily from scratch, on the truck, and the sausage, wow, so tasty, fresh, no gristle or nasty bits. The bread itself was dense, almost like sourdough but not exactly, crusty on the outside, baked perfectly - rustic, unaffected, just plain delicious! Once he determined that we had no food allergies or restrictions, Felipe always did all of the ordering - he knows his food! We drove through Cascais, saw Guincho Beach. We visited Belem and spent time inside Jeronimos Monastery Cathedral. Our final food stop was Pasteis de Belem - oh, how can one describe these gastronomic jewels? The cafe is in the actual bakery built in the early 1800s by the monks - fascinating to see - you can watch the process of baking - there are labyrinthine rooms, all with beautiful old tile - a great visit, historic, amazing local pastries! Our final stop was at the Discoveries Monument, which is truly breathtaking. It was on the cover of one of my textbooks in grammar school and I definitely never thought that I would ever get to see it in person. Filipe plans the day very well for cruise passengers, going to the furthest destinations first so that in case of traffic, there would never be any stress getting back to the ship on time. For instance, the Discoveries Monument is so close to the port that one could, if one had to, walk back to the ship! Our day in Lisbon with Filipe of Different Portugal was fun, informative, delicious, memorable! We hope that someday he will visit us in Boston and we can return the favor!
Read lexmiller's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image oldfella73
Feb 2013
Open top tour bus, main sight's incorporated and audio narrative provided. Enjoyed the wide avenues of the port and tour gave a taste of this beautiful city.
Read oldfella73's full Oceana cruise review
Member Image khkate
Jan 2013
A very good guide and we visited the Christ the Redeemer statue first (as 6 other coaches from ship doing tour). Extermely windy but a good place to see the city from. Given a drive around the city which was interesting but as it was drizzly, it restricted views a bit. also stopped at Belem Tower, just for photos and we also had a stop for refreshments at a old bakery/coffee house. The local pastries we hhad were excellent and more-ish.
Read khkate's full Saga Sapphire cruise review
Provider: Saga Holidays
Member Image cruzflyer
Sep 2012
The Tram and Coach tour of Lisbon was definitely worth the time. We enjoyed an intimate ride through some of the narrow and hilly streets of Lisbon, as well as complementary port and lemon tart pastry on the tram. Be awfully careful when you use the public restroom at various parks. Our tour guide warned us about professional pickpockets and thieves who pose as tourists, armed with maps, to ask unsuspecting tourists for directions or hang out inside the restrooms. At our stop, I actually saw two suspicious guys casing out the tourists. One guy was following a young mother and her daughter since her large handbag was slung slightly behind her. We did enjoy seeing the Christ the King monument across the river, which resembles the one at Rio de Janeiro. For a panoramic view of Lisbon, be sure to take the Santa Junta Lift for wonderful views of the city and the sea of red-tiled roof tops.
Read cruzflyer's full Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise review
Provider: Cunard Line
Member Image Carol Curtis
Aug 2012
Extremely clean and comfortable coaches, experienced tour guides
Read Carol Curtis's full Ventura cruise review