The Belem Tower is located at the western end of the Avenida de BrasÃlia, in the Belem district. It is a UNESCO World Heritage monument and is an icon of Lisbon and Portugal. The tower was built between 1515 and 1521 to defend the entrance to the harbor of Lisbon and the Jeronimos Monastery. Before the 1755 earthquake, the tower was 200 meters out into the river on a small island. However the earthquake realigned the river and now the tower is on the edge of the beach. The tower is also called the Tower of St. Vincent.
Just a walk around
Provider: Seabourn Cruise Line